Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

**Official Winter Beater Kills Thread**

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010 | 06:04 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by willizm
^GTO you say?!?! What are your plans seeing how you did pretty good with the 4 bangers you got.
Hopefully the turbo gene runs deep...
Old 12-23-2010 | 07:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Beans
Hopefully the turbo gene runs deep...
Well Im pretty set on an Spice Red 06 because that color is amazing. Its going to be the new daily, with the civic as the "fast" car. Im probably going to just throw a nice exhaust/intake/tune for a while. Maybe some suspension and wheels. I just want a nice car to drive mainly.
Old 12-23-2010 | 07:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

My buddies turbo 3rd gen trans am is spice red. Pretty bad *** color. I thought I had some full pics of the car but I guess not.

Old 12-23-2010 | 08:03 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Well Im pretty set on an Spice Red 06 because that color is amazing. Its going to be the new daily, with the civic as the "fast" car. Im probably going to just throw a nice exhaust/intake/tune for a while. Maybe some suspension and wheels. I just want a nice car to drive mainly.
I hear you. I've been thinking about a C5 Z06 or an LS3 C6 for awhile, and i'm done with school in May. I just want to do bolt-ons and a cam, keep it simple.

I'll probably wait though, i need to start saving money for business capital or a deposit on a house in a few years, and i already have a quick car.

Financial planning vs my auto addiction...sucks
Old 12-23-2010 | 08:12 PM
Teching In

Yeah this is all dependent on the job situation.
Old 12-23-2010 | 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I hope financial planning is in the lead. Finances>cars.
Old 12-27-2010 | 11:23 AM
Teching In

In the middle lane (me) 1994 S10 2.2L 4cyl, 5 spd 130k broken exhaust zero mods
In the left lane Smart car.
Sitting at a light I look over and the guy gives me the nod. I blip the throttle and prepare to do battle. The light goes green and we are off. I pull on him off the dig, he catches me as I shift to second, I shift to third he pulls a little, put it in fourth and he is ahead, go for 5th (45mph) and a mini-van passes us both in the right lane.
Moral of the story is not only did i get owned by a smart car, a mini van not even trying passed us both. I have been beaten by many things in the 5 years I have been daily driven my s10 but this was the most humbling. Think its time to retire her.
Old 12-27-2010 | 11:53 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 328somewhere
In the middle lane (me) 1994 S10 2.2L 4cyl, 5 spd 130k broken exhaust zero mods
In the left lane Smart car.
Sitting at a light I look over and the guy gives me the nod. I blip the throttle and prepare to do battle. The light goes green and we are off. I pull on him off the dig, he catches me as I shift to second, I shift to third he pulls a little, put it in fourth and he is ahead, go for 5th (45mph) and a mini-van passes us both in the right lane.
Moral of the story is not only did i get owned by a smart car, a mini van not even trying passed us both. I have been beaten by many things in the 5 years I have been daily driven my s10 but this was the most humbling. Think its time to retire her.

Looked up what people are running with smart cars...Here's the first guy i found. Best stock pass:

60' 2.674
330' 8.031
1/8 12.552
mph 54.39
1000' 16.405
1/4 19.636
mph 68.12

Do you have an extended cab? Short shifting?
Old 12-27-2010 | 12:15 PM
Teching In

Regular cab, no short shifting. Its sadly that slow and old.
Old 12-27-2010 | 01:04 PM
TECH Regular

I got beat by a Nissan Altima in my Jeep, saw 3.5SR badges as it passed me.
Bastard wouldn't line up from a speed under 60, just kept looking over with a ****-eating grin.
Old 12-27-2010 | 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Financial planning vs my auto addiction...sucks
I know how you feel. I'm the same way. Always good to be financially stable but this car addiction definitely makes it difficult at times
Old 12-28-2010 | 06:39 PM
12 Second Club

Been working a wholllle lot lately (7 days a week), so haven't really had time to post much but I gotz me a kill today.

Driving my dads 05 Focus 5 spd, and this orange Aveo comes up quick on me, cuts me off and then hits his brakes. I cannot stand for this. I decide to be a douchebag right back, and pull his same move. After I complete it, he pulls out like he is going to do it again. I'm ready this time. We're going about 60mph, so I throw it in 4th and once I see him start to creep up on me, I nail it and put him back about a car or car and a half by 100. I slow back down to 60 or so, and give him a motion trying to get a clean run in. He had no idea what I meant and just took off trying to pass me again. I throw it in 3rd at around 50 (slowed while trying to communicate) and hit 4th then 5th and run it alllllllllll the way out to a blazing 105ish mph, which took about 45 minutes to get there. He was 2+ cars back when I let off, but as any ricer would, he flew by me still in it after I let off. Oh well, 2 more W's.
Old 12-28-2010 | 09:14 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I know how you feel. I'm the same way. Always good to be financially stable but this car addiction definitely makes it difficult at times
Hear you on that. Just lineup stuff right and be ahead. I try to pay off all my cars within a year and it's worked pretty well so far. No more car payments although I now have an itch to pick up another ride. Need to get the T/A turbo setup done and out the way first.
Old 12-29-2010 | 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by willizm
Hear you on that. Just lineup stuff right and be ahead. I try to pay off all my cars within a year and it's worked pretty well so far. No more car payments although I now have an itch to pick up another ride. Need to get the T/A turbo setup done and out the way first.
That sounds addicting. My buddy is trying to get me to do an LQ4/T76 build on my 97 WS6 to make it a total sleeper until I punch into it but I'm not sure. Still dreaming of a C6 Z51/GS. First priority is getting college done, getting a starting career, then saving up a down payment for a nice town house first year out of school. Should have a good chunk of money for the C6 and will be buying a brand new Silverado with cash whenever my Eclipse besides to blow up
Old 01-04-2011 | 01:26 AM
Teching In

Well my DD 94 Civic decided to make my new year especially great....

Notice the 2 holes in the valves obviously...

Here is the number 4 cyl. Looks like antifreeze was in this one but I dont understand how?

Sweet huh lol
Old 01-04-2011 | 01:47 AM
12 Second Club

Tonight me and a few friends had a couple drinks, nothing serious didn't get anywhere near wasted so a while later on the way home we decided to have some fun.

me-05 focus 5 spd
him-97 sunfire 3spd auto

DIG-
He left early, but his car is a dog off the line so I reeled him in in 2nd gear and put a couple cars on him by 65/70ish.

35 roll-
I honked and put a 2 or 3 cars on him pretty quick, but let off and he stayed in it and did a fly by, so I got back in when he was at my bumper and held him to a 1 car lead when he let off.

60-0
Yes, you read that right...a braking race. Both cars DO NOT have ABS so we thought it would be fun. 3 honks and then the brakes. I didn't slam them all the way down, just eased them then floored it so not to lock them up so he came to a stop about the same distance but a half second faster.

40-0
Couldn't lose that race, so we did a race that was quicker to get up to speed. 3 honks of this time I nailed the brakes. No lock up, beat him by 1/2 car and a second at least.

50 roll-
3 honks from me and I rolled out on him by 85 or 90 by 3+ cars.

Fun runs and would have got video but his phone was dead. Another friend has a Cobalt and wants to race so that'll be a tough next race. I think he'll have me.

Vid I made on the was home, 35-85 pull, 2nd-4th: (SES light is on for an intake manifold runner stuck open...what my dad told me, never checked myself. Just revs high when it cold starts.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VMWutk8NtY
Old 01-04-2011 | 06:28 AM
TECH Regular

The BEST DD beater I had was a 99 Neon R/T. It handled great in the winter, and could beat most stock 4cyl cars. I did put a Iceman cold air intake in it, and a larger throttle body. It was a DOHC 2.0l 4cyl. I think the tops that thing would go would be 15.7 or so in the 1/4. But that was still faster than most cars on the road.
Old 01-04-2011 | 09:17 AM
10 Second Club

Kevin,

I have a buddy who bought a DOHC Neon in high school, because he wanted to bang some girl in Ohio and his parents wouldn't let him take the car they bought him.

He kept the thing for about a month, and sold it for a few hundred more than he paid.

By now he's owned about 12-15 cars, and every now and then he talks about how awesome of a beater/sleeper a DOHC Neon is.

Originally Posted by WSsick
That thing would crush my truck.
Old 01-04-2011 | 09:31 AM
12 Second Club

That thing would crush my truck.
*******. RACECAR.

Don fukk wit da 'cus bruh!
Old 01-04-2011 | 09:47 AM
TECH Regular

Kevin,

I have a buddy who bought a DOHC Neon in high school, because he wanted to bang some girl in Ohio and his parents wouldn't let him take the car they bought him.

He kept the thing for about a month, and sold it for a few hundred more than he paid.

By now he's owned about 12-15 cars, and every now and then he talks about how awesome of a beater/sleeper a DOHC Neon is.
The DOHC Neons weren't so much fast as they were fun. They were like go-carts. So small and lightweight. They handled well too for a FWD car. At the time I had it the big Civic rice scene was around. Lots of stock Civics with body kits and wheels. So it made the car fun in that way. The R/T was faster than a stock Si.

Quick Reply: **Official Winter Beater Kills Thread**