Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

**Official Winter Beater Kills Thread**

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 08:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Beans
lol, so are you going to have a stock car with a ported TB?
Thats right!!! Hooptie's are like Fat Chicks...they need lovin too. Im going to add the Luminator mods in my sig... I will update as nessary. On the other hand I been needing to take a ride to Vengeance... Don't be suprised to see some dyno numbers in the near future. I have been thinking about adding a little something to make it intresting on the streets.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6RED2002TA
Thats right!!! Hooptie's are like Fat Chicks...they need lovin too. Im going to add the Luminator mods in my sig... I will update as nessary. On the other hand I been needing to take a ride to Vengeance... Don't be suprised to see some dyno numbers in the near future. I have been thinking about adding a little something to make it intresting on the streets.
Spray on a stock lumina....awesome!
Old 12-21-2010, 02:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Spray on a stock lumina....awesome!
My friend had a Lumina Z34 with a bottle, DRs on the front, MSD ignition, and gutted. Ran 13.9s on a 100 shot.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WSsick
My friend had a Lumina Z34 with a bottle, DRs on the front, MSD ignition, and gutted. Ran 13.9s on a 100 shot.
Gutted, DRs and 100hp shot for a 13.9? I'm glad i don't own a lumina.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:12 PM
12 Second Club

Gutted, DRs and 100hp shot for a 13.9? I'm glad i don't own a lumina.
Might have been a 75, but still. I'm not sure if he had the bottle yet by the time this video was made, but I want to say he did. Not 100% sure though, I'll ask.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiaffT56Mjw
Old 12-21-2010, 03:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Might have been a 75, but still. I'm not sure if he had the bottle yet by the time this video was made, but I want to say he did. Not 100% sure though, I'll ask.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiaffT56Mjw
LMAO "**** YOU MOTHER ********"

Looks like it goes decent for a beater!
Old 12-21-2010, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

So on my way to work today, I lined up next to a Dodge Neon in my 03 Eclipse GS 4 banger auto.

In a hurry, when the light turned green, I stepped on it. Noticing he did too, I kept the pedal to the medal (0-60 in like 10 seconds maybe?) and had him by a half car by the end of 2nd gear (70mph).

I'm sure others who witnessed it imagined lesbians having sex - there was a lot of noise, but we weren't really going anywhere
Old 12-21-2010, 05:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
So on my way to work today, I lined up next to a Dodge Neon in my 03 Eclipse GS 4 banger auto.

In a hurry, when the light turned green, I stepped on it. Noticing he did too, I kept the pedal to the medal (0-60 in like 10 seconds maybe?) and had him by a half car by the end of 2nd gear (70mph).

I'm sure others who witnessed it imagined lesbians having sex - there was a lot of noise, but we weren't really going anywhere
They probably didn't even know you were racing, I bet they let off as to not ram into the back of you guys.

I tried picking on a 996 911 Turbo last night in my uhh "winter beater" (Z28), he wouldn't play. Must have known he'd own me. Mazdaspeed3 wasn't interested either. :/
Old 12-21-2010, 05:44 PM
10 Second Club

Mazdaspeed3 wasn't interested either. :/
Speaking of trying to run an MS3...I ran into one with wal-mart "Turbo" badges all over it, and other stickers on it.

I downshifted, he got on it for a few seconds and i part throttled it to pace him. When he realized he wasn't going to pull he let off, and so did i. When i lift at part throttle there's a lot of flutter from the Tial BOV, and my car makes a LOT of turbo noise.

He immediately upshifted and shook his head "no".

If he would have just bent over and taken it like a ****, he would have retained the shred of respect i had left after seeing all those turbo badges.

My buddy had a bolt on and tuned MS3 trapping 109, so they can move decent but modded ones are a reliability nightmare.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:47 PM
Launching!

lol, so are you going to have a stock car with a ported TB?
So I ported my throttle body and the pics below are from my phone. These are Unported pics I will posted Ported pic in just a bit.
Attached Thumbnails **Official Winter Beater Kills Thread**-unported2.jpg   **Official Winter Beater Kills Thread**-unported3.jpg   **Official Winter Beater Kills Thread**-unported4.jpg   **Official Winter Beater Kills Thread**-unported5.jpg   **Official Winter Beater Kills Thread**-img_20101221_124402.jpg  

Old 12-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Launching!

Here are the ported Pics. I know it is kind of hard to see all the details in the pics. This was actually the first time I ever tried porting a Throttle Body. This one was a little challenging because of the oval shape and there is a double hump in Throttle Body that is kind of hard to see in the pic. The humps are pretty big and I had to remove a good amount of material.

The Porting job took me about an hour and half. I did test drive it and I can feel a big difference in the throttle response and pick-up throught the entire rpm range. I was very suprised at how much I did pick up.
Attached Thumbnails **Official Winter Beater Kills Thread**-ported.jpg   **Official Winter Beater Kills Thread**-ported2.jpg   **Official Winter Beater Kills Thread**-ported3.jpg  
Old 12-21-2010, 09:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6RED2002TA
Here are the ported Pics. I know it is kind of hard to see all the details in the pics. This was actually the first time I ever tried porting a Throttle Body. This one was a little challenging because of the oval shape and there is a double hump in Throttle Body that is kind of hard to see in the pic. The humps are pretty big and I had to remove a good amount of material.

The Porting job took me about an hour and half. I did test drive it and I can feel a big difference in the throttle response and pick-up throught the entire rpm range. I was very suprised at how much I did pick up.
Looks like you did a great job, LMAO. Cant wait to see some kills with this thing
Old 12-22-2010, 07:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

They probably didn't even know you were racing, I bet they let off as to not ram into the back of you guys.
Haha I remember when me and a freind lined up in our lifted wranglers and raced. We were side by side at a light one day and said what the hell, so we gave it a try. Mine was an 05 6 speed manual, 4 1/2" lift with 35x14.5" thornbird tires (HUUUUGE) and his was a 97 5 speed manual with a 4" lift and 35x12.5" tires. When the light turned green and we took off, we got to about 50 mph and the cars behind us at the light were still right behind us!
Old 12-22-2010, 09:36 AM
Launching!

Looks like you did a great job, LMAO. Cant wait to see some kills with this thing
Thank Beans... I post up when someone is ready to do work.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:32 PM
On The Tree

I never get any race's in my Beater .. Because I roll this

Old 12-22-2010, 03:46 PM
12 Second Club

Speaking of trying to run an MS3...I ran into one with wal-mart "Turbo" badges all over it, and other stickers on it.

I downshifted, he got on it for a few seconds and i part throttled it to pace him. When he realized he wasn't going to pull he let off, and so did i. When i lift at part throttle there's a lot of flutter from the Tial BOV, and my car makes a LOT of turbo noise.

He immediately upshifted and shook his head "no".

If he would have just bent over and taken it like a ****, he would have retained the shred of respect i had left after seeing all those turbo badges.

My buddy had a bolt on and tuned MS3 trapping 109, so they can move decent but modded ones are a reliability nightmare.
Video proof or

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Haha I remember when me and a freind lined up in our lifted wranglers and raced. We were side by side at a light one day and said what the hell, so we gave it a try. Mine was an 05 6 speed manual, 4 1/2" lift with 35x14.5" thornbird tires (HUUUUGE) and his was a 97 5 speed manual with a 4" lift and 35x12.5" tires. When the light turned green and we took off, we got to about 50 mph and the cars behind us at the light were still right behind us!

THat's terrible.

Originally Posted by NeXuS
I never get any race's in my Beater .. Because I roll this
I wonder why
Old 12-22-2010, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

i just got a 450K mile original engine 03 Crown vic P71, expect some kill stories soon lol!

im not kidding about the miles haha
Old 12-23-2010, 12:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
My integra is fun to drive but damn is it slow stock (15.7 @ 87?). Im wishing i didnt D-turbo it.

My only winter beat kill story was in my 98 Town and country 3.8L (180,000 miles running strong) against my friends 04 Mazda 6s. We were on our way to apple bees down a 2 lane highway when Im cruising behind him. I pull into the fast lane and gun it to pull a half car. He guns it as soon as he sees my "noise lift up" ahaha and only manages to pull a fender in probably 1/4 mile. Those vans pull mad hard yo. Its sad some dick had to total it.
Why did you put your integra back to stock?
Old 12-23-2010, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by black_phoenix
Why did you put your integra back to stock?
Money, reliability, I dont need 2 turbo hondas that are almost the same lol.

I'll be getting rid of it for a GTO hopefully soon after graduation
Old 12-23-2010, 04:54 PM
9 Second Club

^GTO you say?!?! What are your plans seeing how you did pretty good with the 4 bangers you got.

Quick Reply: **Official Winter Beater Kills Thread**