Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran up against another '11 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 03:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 916 BREDWNR
"Prolly" ain't cuttin' it.

Think? being the keyword. Where is actual data from that run?

^That's not stock. And read further in the thread, that 13.6 time is non-existent.
You just went through all that trouble, and the only thing that you've accomplished was a clumsy attempt at debunking (If you can even call it that) a thread you yourself posted as proof that I was wrong. And it did the opposite. Instead of saying "oops" you attempted to save face by this embarrassing post of yours. Congratulations.

So what did we learn today class? That 2-valves DO NOT run 13's!
No, I think the lesson we learned is most of your posts are verbal masturbaiton. AKA they do nothing for anyone but yourself.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:16 PM
10 Second Club

I am an LSX enthusiast on an LSX SITE!!! How could I be trolling? I just want to put this whole "2-valves run 13's" epidemic to an end once and for all.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:19 PM
TECH Regular

I am an LSX enthusiast on an LSX SITE!!! How could I be trolling? I just want to put this whole "2-valves run 13's" epidemic to an end once and for all.
You'll have to bring more than "I've never seen one do it so it can't happen!"

You attempt to bake a nice cake. It looks pretty on the outside, but it's full of horse ****.

Nothing you've posted has debunked anything anyone in here has said. Actually what you've posted as AGREED with what we posted. So that was a big fail on your part.

Time to count your losses.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:19 PM
TECH Regular

Doublepostination
Old 01-03-2011, 03:21 PM
TECH Regular

I am an LSX enthusiast on an LSX SITE!!! How could I be trolling?
Was that a troll, or a serious question? I hope the first.

Trolling is simply stating obnoxious statements in order to get a desired response. It doesn't matter what side you are on grasshopppaah.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ke^in
You'll have to bring more than "I've never seen one do it so it can't happen!"

You attempt to bake a nice cake. It looks pretty on the outside, but it's full of horse ****.

Nothing you've posted has debunked anything anyone in here has said. Actually what you've posted as AGREED with what we posted. So that was a big fail on your part.

Time to count your losses.
Where's the proof Kevin? If 99-04 GT's average 13.8-14.0 like you said they do you should be able to show me atleast one example. Put your money where your mouth is for once will ya.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No one says LS1 f-bodies run 12s (meaning regularly) but it happens. When talking about a 2v, substitute 12s with 13s. It happens, just not often.

As for LT1 v 2v, in my experience, stock v stock the LT1 will win. I would like to get a test drive of a 2v 5spd to try that against my friends LT1.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:27 PM
TECH Regular

Where's the proof Kevin? If 99-04 GT's average 13.8-14.0 like you said they do you should be able to show me atleast one example. Put your money where your mouth is for once will ya.
Money where my mouth is for once? What money? And when are you referring to? Or are you just spouting off nonsense again?

This whole thread is proof of such a thing. Hell a magazine (who usually doesn't get the best numbers) even got a 14.0s in a 2v GT. Are you calling them liars?

I told you I got a few 14s and a 13.9 in my one and only time at the track with the car. And I did. And those numbers match with the paper statistics of said car.

Now who is the one being a retard?

It's right there in front of you. You either can't read, (as we saw when you posted that link that debunked your own claims) or your just being a troll.

Which is it?
Old 01-03-2011, 03:29 PM
12 Second Club

Forgive me Ke^in, I didn't read the whole thread, but were you bone stock when you ran those times? Just to be fair, got any slips?
Old 01-03-2011, 03:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WSsick
No one says LS1 f-bodies run 12s (meaning regularly) but it happens. When talking about a 2v, substitute 12s with 13s. It happens, just not often.
A LS1 running high 12s (Which is the fastest they have been recorded) is comparable to a 2v going 13.6s. Which is the fastest I've heard one go in the 1/4 by Evan. He also got the LS1 to go high 12s in the 1/4. Just comparing fastest to fastest
As for LT1 v 2v, in my experience, stock v stock the LT1 will win. I would like to get a test drive of a 2v 5spd to try that against my friends LT1.
I've beaten several stock LT1s on a street race. It's a toss up. Whoever gets the better run.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:34 PM
TECH Regular

Forgive me Ke^in, I didn't read the whole thread, but were you bone stock when you ran those times? Just to be fair, got any slips?
Not BONE stock. I had some Nitto 555s. Not the DRs, but the regular ones.

Again, not that it should be that big of surprise. Someone just posted a article comparing the cars and the GT ran a 14.0 flat. Considering magazine times are usually off (They had the LS1 in the high 13s) It shouldn't be that difficult to get a 2v GT in the 13s. It certainly wasn't for me. I got it on the second run. As far as keeping the receipt, no. It got lost in the move. But my wife claims to have pictures of it in her scrapbook. I will see about getting it/them at scanning them if it's that big of a deal.

I've never heard anyone make a big deal about a 2v going 13.9. Not in any Mustang forum I've been in. Nothing really to brag about.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:36 PM
TECH Regular

From brd's own post. They have a 99 SS doing the 1/4 in 13.7s. And they have a 99 2v GT doing the 1/4 at 14.0. Being that we will all admit the LS1 can do better than 13.7, is it so hard to believe the GT can do it better than 14? I surely hope not. I will point out that the SS had 3:42 gears and the GT had 3:27. Though the SS does weigh 200lbs more than the GT.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

You already said you believe the 99-04 GT could run 13's so whats the problem? You want to see proof of it on the internet? You do realize that alot of people not only don't post on the internet but they also don't record every run they make. Not only that but there could have been said proof at some point on X website and it no longer exist. After all it is 2011, not sure why you still care.

Infact you care alot about a slow car for owning such a nice car now and before...have any videos, pics, slips proving your cars? Just curious...
Old 01-03-2011, 03:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
You already said you believe the 99-04 GT could run 13's so whats the problem? You want to see proof of it on the internet? You do realize that alot of people not only don't post on the internet but they also don't record every run they make. Not only that but there could have been said proof at some point on X website and it no longer exist. After all it is 2011, not sure why you still care.
Uhh oh, here comes the husband to come and beat me down. I better run and hide.

Hey Kevin, I would love to see a stock 2v go 13's.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:40 PM
12 Second Club

Not BONE stock. I had some Nitto 555s. Not the DRs, but the regular ones.

Again, not that it should be that big of surprise. Someone just posted a article comparing the cars and the GT ran a 14.0 flat. Considering magazine times are usually off (They had the LS1 in the high 13s) It shouldn't be that difficult to get a 2v GT in the 13s. It certainly wasn't for me. I got it on the second run. As far as keeping the receipt, no. It got lost in the move. But my wife claims to have pictures of it in her scrapbook. I will see about getting it/them at scanning them if it's that big of a deal.

I've never heard anyone make a big deal about a 2v going 13.9. Not in any Mustang forum I've been in. Nothing really to brag about.
I was asking out of fairness, everyone should be asked to present proof (even if I'm on your side of this fight ). I wouldn't be totally surprised if I saw a 2v run a 13.9 stock, I'd just think the driver was dialed in.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:41 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v

Infact you care alot about a slow car for owning such a nice car now and before...have any videos, pics, slips proving your cars? Just curious...
The funny thing about it is, every link he's posted has only further proven that they do. So I am not sure why he posted them.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:43 PM
TECH Regular

Name calling won't substitute the fact that you fail to prove your point.
Uhh oh, here comes the husband to come and beat me down. I better run and hide.

Hey Kevin, I would love to see a stock 2v go 13's.
Go get in one? If I could do it I am sure you could.

I was asking out of fairness, everyone should be asked to present proof (even if I'm on your side of this fight ). I wouldn't be totally surprised if I saw a 2v run a 13.9 stock, I'd just think the driver was dialed in.
I'm hardly dialed in. I have 21 years of driving experience, but I don't go to the track and actually run the car a lot.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:48 PM
10 Second Club

From brd's own post. They have a 99 SS doing the 1/4 in 13.7s. And they have a 99 2v GT doing the 1/4 at 14.0. Being that we will all admit the LS1 can do better than 13.7, is it so hard to believe the GT can do it better than 14? I surely hope not. I will point out that the SS had 3:42 gears and the GT had 3:27. Though the SS does weigh 200lbs more than the GT.
The SS is a 6-speed as opposed to the T45 (5spd) in the GT. Believe it or not the GT is actually geared a little better.

Wasn't trying to touch any nerves or anything, I just wanted to see actual PROOF of a 99-04 2v going 13's bone-stock. I'll be sure to never ask for proof of anything ever again.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:49 PM
TECH Regular

Wasn't trying to touch any nerves or anything, I just wanted to see actual PROOF of a 99-04 2v going 13's bone-stock. I'll be sure to never ask for proof of anything ever again.
Did your own links not prove that BREDWNR? Yes they did. Did you even read them before posting?

I am seriously believing you have comprehension problems. Either that, or you're trolling. It has to be one or the other.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:02 PM
11 Second Club

Did your own links not prove that BREDWNR? Yes they did. Did you even read them before posting?

I am seriously believing you have comprehension problems. Either that, or you're trolling. It has to be one or the other.
Uh Oh. Somebody is mad because he got called out. Now the rantin' starts.

Quick Reply: Ran up against another '11 5.0