Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 04:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've always ran Mickeys ET street, ET street radial, ET drag
Old 02-14-2014, 04:48 PM
10 Second Club

You come to the source if you want some info I shouldn't be chasing you
Old 02-14-2014, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evangto87
Car all squared away?
for the most part, just finishing up a few things and it will be ready. i had the full interior torn out to install sound/head insulation along with replace the entire stereo system. pulled my shifter assembly out to refresh it as i saw some dry rotted bushing but i found that its just shot. the shifter rod with the ball cup on it has grooves worn into the shaft, all the bushings are shot etc. i was wondering why it felt so notchy and shitty.. guess i found out why. im working on buying a new mgw setup but i think this past storm must of shut them down as i can't get thru to them on the phone.

also working on a new 4" inlet on the blower. it only has screen on it now. i don't trust the screen for street use especially after winter so im fabbing up a new filter that i will be able to remove quickly for races. its taking longer then i want since my new ECS blower bracket and 10 rib setup sits slightly lower then my old setup which is &(&*( with my old 4" inlet. pissing me off really, need to trim 100 things to get it to fit.

friend with the silver c5z has been hard at work to, should have something for your buddies mustang this time around. another one of my friends picked up a zr1 aswel so it should be fun come spring.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Shooting myself in the foot for not putting more into this company I did

But these companies will be popping up every where and should be a BIG money maker I'd expect 5 figures out of the one I'm in alone and I put 900 bucks into it.....
who are you using to do your purchases/trading? im looking into how to do this and not quite sure really...
Old 02-14-2014, 04:55 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by StealthFRC
who are you using to do your purchases/trading? im looking into how to do this and not quite sure really...
TD Ameritrade is who I go through
Old 02-14-2014, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for the most part, just finishing up a few things and it will be ready. i had the full interior torn out to install sound/head insulation along with replace the entire stereo system. pulled my shifter assembly out to refresh it as i saw some dry rotted bushing but i found that its just shot. the shifter rod with the ball cup on it has grooves worn into the shaft, all the bushings are shot etc. i was wondering why it felt so notchy and shitty.. guess i found out why. im working on buying a new mgw setup but i think this past storm must of shut them down as i can't get thru to them on the phone.

also working on a new 4" inlet on the blower. it only has screen on it now. i don't trust the screen for street use especially after winter so im fabbing up a new filter that i will be able to remove quickly for races. its taking longer then i want since my new ECS blower bracket and 10 rib setup sits slightly lower then my old setup which is &(&*( with my old 4" inlet. pissing me off really, need to trim 100 things to get it to fit.

friend with the silver c5z has been hard at work to, should have something for your buddies mustang this time around. another one of my friends picked up a zr1 aswel so it should be fun come spring.
Glad to hear its coming together. He changing the cam in that thing? I feel like he had a bum cam or something in it. Stock ZR1? And do you know if that 14 GT500 modded up at all? Im hoping I get another 5-10hp out of the tune with mine. And start getting weight out of it. Should be around 3375 street race weight and 3315 track weight (only difference being wheels and tires).
Old 02-14-2014, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lawhead
I've always ran Mickeys ET street, ET street radial, ET drag
Buddy of mine cut better 60 fts in his 03 cobra (irs) with 18 inch hoosiers then his 17 inch mickeys. The hoosiers really are just a serious tire. And the weight savings is a nice plus. Their radials weigh what mickeys bias plys weigh and their bias plys are 5lbs lighter each then the mickeys.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:59 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Hoosiers are night and day over Mickeys. Nittos seem to work MUCH better then a mickey without doing a burnout. When both tires are hot, the Mickey works better.

You will have good luck with that tire on the street.... well not with 10 bolts lol
I never needed more tire than my 17" ET Streets. Even with 700 whp.

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
Im running a stock long block lq9. 150 will get me to my goal and live awhile.
200 will live forever too.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sw07gt
I never needed more tire than my 17" ET Streets. Even with 700 whp.

200 will live forever too.
Well whether you needed it or not, you could do more with the hoosier.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:02 PM
Teching In

Glad to hear its coming together. He changing the cam in that thing? I feel like he had a bum cam or something in it. Stock ZR1? And do you know if that 14 GT500 modded up at all? Im hoping I get another 5-10hp out of the tune with mine. And start getting weight out of it. Should be around 3375 street race weight and 3315 track weight (only difference being wheels and tires).
he has the same cam i do, its a blower cam that's why. he plans on boosting in the future and saw no point in doing it twice. he just did some more bolt ons. when he raced he didn't have much experience and imo only had a base tune. hes going to slowhawk in spring for a rxt and a dyno tune.
the zr1 is a few bolt ons/pulley i believe. he is also going to slowhawk in spring for some work as far as i know. not sure if he will race but when i talked with him before winter he seemed like he wanted to. he has no experience with it tho, he got it right before winter and drove it once before putting it away.
don't know anything about the gt500, ill have to ask a friend of mine tonight when i go to there party.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

he has the same cam i do, its a blower cam that's why. he plans on boosting in the future and saw no point in doing it twice. he just did some more bolt ons. when he raced he didn't have much experience and imo only had a base tune. hes going to slowhawk in spring for a rxt and a dyno tune.
the zr1 is a few bolt ons/pulley i believe. he is also going to slowhawk in spring for some work as far as i know.
don't know anything about the gt500, ill have to ask a friend of mine tonight when i go to there party.
If hes still stock, id like a run... hell if he did a couple things, ill still race it. Im def gonna be wanting some low rolls/digs this year too
Old 02-14-2014, 05:06 PM
Launching!

Well whether you needed it or not, you could do more with the hoosier.
I was going to switch to a pro but switched cars, a pro will be on the new car.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:06 PM
Teching In

If hes still stock, id like a run... hell if he did a couple things, ill still race it. Im def gonna be wanting some low rolls/digs this year too
ill ask around, i don't know the owner and never met him so ill see who knows. there are a few other big dogs out here that i want to run so we will see if anything can be put together.
you guys should come down for the beginning of april for the ccsu and uconn shows. should be a good time as long as the weather ends up being good.

Forgot to mention, another friend finally put is t trim on his 05 ls2 vette, that thing should makes some good pwer aswel.

Last edited by StealthFRC; 02-14-2014 at 05:14 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

ill ask around, i don't know the owner and never met him so ill see who knows. there are a few other big dogs out here that i want to run so we will see if anything can be put together.
you guys should come down for the beginning of april for the ccsu and uconn shows. should be a good time as long as the weather ends up being good.

Forgot to mention, another friend finally put is t trim on his 05 ls2 vette, that thing should makes some good pwer aswel.
Nice ill most likely be there. The white GT should be pretty stout this year too. Adding longtubes, TB, porting Boss intake, 3.90s from 3.31s, and some weight pulled. Possibly e85 too
Old 02-14-2014, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Tire choice depends on car,surface and transmission. I find the Nittos last the longest on street use but are terrible in the cold and best in the rain with a stick shift car.

Hoosiers are awesome and hook the best auto or stick but are extremely dangerous in the rain. Mickeys work great and in my experience on an auto car hook the second best but wear out fast. If water on the road is not deep and you watch your speed they work okay in the ran. BFGs need heat not as much as the Nittos. Nittos handle the best compared too all of them on turns.

I run all four on four different cars.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:25 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Getting some Irish culture in dublin.

Old 02-14-2014, 05:30 PM
Launching!

MT Pros>*
Old 02-14-2014, 05:31 PM
Teching In

Nice ill most likely be there. The white GT should be pretty stout this year too. Adding longtubes, TB, porting Boss intake, 3.90s from 3.31s, and some weight pulled. Possibly e85 too
nice, sounds like it should do pretty good. going to be a good year.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sw07gt
I was going to switch to a pro but switched cars, a pro will be on the new car.
What kind of car do you have?
Old 02-14-2014, 06:03 PM
Launching!

240 now. Had a Trans Am.

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)