Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 10:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 189 Likes on 134 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I actually have this hoodie. it's kick ***.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by big hammer
I actually have this hoodie. it's kick ***.

I still have nightmares about your avatar pic.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:53 PM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
I still have nightmares about your avatar pic.
lol it's my facebook pic too.

people hate it everywhere.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Hammer and Islander got in trouble today eh

BTW... 2000 Camaro V6 vs. SS. What are the differences other than the tranny/engine? If I get this V6 car, I am going to pull the motor/tranny and strip the car, cut weight err'where, chassis setup/cage.. and hopefully by summer have a 5.3 widda toibo on eet.
Id say not much besides the hood, rear, suspension and maybe a few other things that i cant think of but ive been wrong a time or two

And good luck either way id do it man sell what you can to help save money on the build and take the rest to a scrap yard to get some gas money.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good God, it appears the average guys on the F-body craigslist are actually indeed retarded.

Makes me SO glad I sold my F-body and really question if I'd ever pick one up again.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:24 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Id say not much besides the hood, rear, suspension and maybe a few other things that i cant think of but ive been wrong a time or two

And good luck either way id do it man sell what you can to help save money on the build and take the rest to a scrap yard to get some gas money.
Well, hood will be replaced by a nice cowl one, rear will be a built 9" with quick change setup(track/roll race gearing), full adjustable suspension setup, bracing etc. 9.0 legal cage, and most likely some heavy duty weigh reduction. I want as close to 3100lbs race weight as I can get, along with as many rotational weight reduction mods that can be done. And oh yeah.. only weight I won't take out will be A/C..... gots to have mah a/c.

Hope to have the chassis setup by mid summer, with the engine dropped in by end of summer. Ready for fall cool weather racing, and money taking.

Friend of mine has tuning experience, and I have some Greg Banish tuning DVD's I am going to start looking at. Hopefully we will be able to do our own tuning and will have access to a dyno pretty much for free... so that will cut some cost out of it.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:04 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Good God, it appears the average guys on the F-body craigslist are actually indeed retarded.

Makes me SO glad I sold my F-body and really question if I'd ever pick one up again.
It's not just on the F-body craigslist lol!
Old 04-16-2014, 07:56 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

******* snowed last night and they salted the roads.... wtf it was near 80 this past weekend.....
Old 04-16-2014, 07:57 AM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

-11 here this morning. wtf?
Old 04-16-2014, 08:26 AM
7 Second Club

Received 316 Likes on 245 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by big hammer
-11 here this morning. wtf?
-6C and snowing in cowtown...

Old 04-16-2014, 08:36 AM
12 Second Club

I definitely want one for a daily. Too good of a car; great mileage and fun to drive. I don't care if retards mostly own them, I love them. I'm going home in a couple weeks for an MRI on my knee to find out exactly where my ACL is torn; I am thinking I'll buy a car while Im in Florida; been looking at a few C6's on autotrader emailiing back and forth. One is built but has 90k on it, the upside is it's cheap. The other is bone *** stock with low miles but it's A. an auto, and B. its expensive. Also looking at a modded 09 CTS V sedan, but it's also an auto. I know they are 2 completely different cars, I'll make a decision though. I just don't know if a C6 is practical for me. I'd have to get another vehicle. If I get a C6 I'll get an Fbody too so I have a back seat; if I get a CTS V I might keep my Z06.

Originally Posted by StealthFRC
******* snowed last night and they salted the roads.... wtf it was near 80 this past weekend.....
Thats why I live in Florida. Actually right now I'd actually like a little cold. Every day in Cuba it's 95 degrees, perpetual swamp *** gets old.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
I definitely want one for a daily. Too good of a car; great mileage and fun to drive. I don't care if retards mostly own them, I love them. I'm going home in a couple weeks for an MRI on my knee to find out exactly where my ACL is torn; I am thinking I'll buy a car while Im in Florida; been looking at a few C6's on autotrader emailiing back and forth. One is built but has 90k on it, the upside is it's cheap. The other is bone *** stock with low miles but it's A. an auto, and B. its expensive. Also looking at a modded 09 CTS V sedan, but it's also an auto. I know they are 2 completely different cars, I'll make a decision though. I just don't know if a C6 is practical for me. I'd have to get another vehicle. If I get a C6 I'll get an Fbody too so I have a back seat; if I get a CTS V I might keep my Z06.

Thats why I live in Florida. Actually right now I'd actually like a little cold. Every day in Cuba it's 95 degrees, perpetual swamp *** gets old.
CTS-V and don't look back. Easy to mod, fast, and freaking nice interior. 1 car that can do all well. There are faster out there, but they're legit.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

I live in Iowa, so no fbomb, c6, or cts-v2, other rwd vehicle will be a DD.

Need to drink the koolaid and move to Texas
Old 04-16-2014, 12:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 427zm
CTS-V and don't look back. Easy to mod, fast, and freaking nice interior. 1 car that can do all well. There are faster out there, but they're legit.
I'm leaning more and more that way. I love those cars.

I live in Iowa, so no fbomb, c6, or cts-v2, other rwd vehicle will be a DD.

Need to drink the koolaid and move to Texas
I actually didn't like Texas all that much, except for austin. Florida is where it's at, average temp during the summer where I live is 85, and the winter the coldest it has ever gotten is 20ish, and it's only snowed 2-3 times since I was born. You go any further north or south of me though, and it gets miserably hot during the summer.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
I actually didn't like Texas all that much, except for austin. Florida is where it's at, average temp during the summer where I live is 85, and the winter the coldest it has ever gotten is 20ish, and it's only snowed 2-3 times since I was born. You go any further north or south of me though, and it gets miserably hot during the summer.
I'll consider wherever the jobs are. Will be doing auditing for an accounting firm in Des Moines starting June.

Old man is trying to convince me to do a bank examiner job (occ/fdic) since he has the ins on that but not sure yet. Really depends on where.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Not gonna lie, if the girlfriend and I didn't have such big families and weren't so close with many of them, we'd be down south like yesterday. We're still contemplating doing it, anyway. I just hate hate hate hate hate hate the cold and LOVE the south.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:23 PM
TECH Regular

I plan on heading south after college. My family has had their fair chance to get south as well, they can come visit lol.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the NC area a lot. Lots of racetracks and shops...lots of racing here. Don't think I'd move back up north personally or any further south and certainly not out west.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:33 PM
On The Tree

Whatever you do, don't move to North Carolina!
Old 04-16-2014, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by snake95
Not gonna lie, if the girlfriend and I didn't have such big families and weren't so close with many of them, we'd be down south like yesterday. We're still contemplating doing it, anyway. I just hate hate hate hate hate hate the cold and LOVE the south.
Thankfully I have a smaller family, and I know we would visit each other a lot.

I think my biggest issue would be starting my life over. I'm talking the social aspect, not a career aspect. I also like knowing the areas of things and knowing where the nice neighborhoods are and whatnot to avoid the riff raff.

Last I checked, for the banking stuff it would be moving to NC, Chicago, Denver, or KC. None of those were enticing enough for me to pull the trigger.
Originally Posted by why87
I plan on heading south after college. My family has had their fair chance to get south as well, they can come visit lol.
Forgot, where are you at now?

Edit: Jk, saw Ohio. South is the way to go man
Originally Posted by Guitar
I like the NC area a lot. Lots of racetracks and shops...lots of racing here. Don't think I'd move back up north personally or any further south and certainly not out west.
I had the opportunity to move to Charlotte for a career, but meh... Just wasn't sure about it.

Originally Posted by Heater
Whatever you do, don't move to North Carolina!
But, but, but - then I could bug you.

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)