Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 10:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See i heard i need to do like a very good burn out with my Hoosiers. Either way i guess we need to find what works for us.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 480 Likes on 377 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Not at all. I was with 03turbo the other night in his 347 car. He did a hell of a burnout and launched it.....it spun through 2nd gear. We rode up the rode turned around and launched it and it spun very little with no burnout. Same with nitto's....same with my m&h's. It's like they grease up.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 10-19-2014 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Guitar
Well we all know you have problems with reading, so it's no wonder you missed the part where the car bogged to a 1.78 60'. You know what is sad? Your car being 800 pounds lighter and having 50 more horsepower..yet going not even a tenth faster to the 60' than my car. Now THAT is sad. Hell, I'd bet $50 I could go faster to the 60' in your car than you can. I went 1.77 on radials in my car a few times, again with 50 less horsepower and 800 more pounds. But sure, I'll take lessons from the guy stuck in the 11s for 15 years.
You don't want to play the hp vs times game. A lot of cars will have you beat.

IMO something is still up with your car...to be blunt high 1.7s is a terrible 60' for a cammed LS on slicks. It shouldn't be bogging with a 5.5k RPM launch unless you had the tires nearly flat and your car makes no TQ down low.

My LT1 cut the same 60' as you 10 years ago with just a high school budget bolt-on setup and drag radials and ran 12.8s...still had stock 3.23 gears and a tiny 3200 stall. Only made 300rwhp lmao. Not even gonna bring up the H/C times...

Have you data logged it at the track? Maybe it is pulling timing down low or something causing the bottom end to be soft? Your trap isn't terrible for your weight and rwhp, but your TQ curve may be off since it just can't get moving. IMO you also have way too much tire for your car. With your hp and gearing you should be easily 60'ing on a 275 drag radial. No need for a big slick with sub 400rwhp and 3.89s
Old 10-20-2014, 05:10 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Hold that mother ****** to the floor, sidestep the clutch and don't lift until you cross the traps.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:10 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Hold that mother ****** to the floor, sidestep the clutch and don't lift until you cross the traps.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Puck
You don't want to play the hp vs times game. A lot of cars will have you beat.

IMO something is still up with your car...to be blunt high 1.7s is a terrible 60' for a cammed LS on slicks. It shouldn't be bogging with a 5.5k RPM launch unless you had the tires nearly flat and your car makes no TQ down low.

My LT1 cut the same 60' as you 10 years ago with just a high school budget bolt-on setup and drag radials and ran 12.8s...still had stock 3.23 gears and a tiny 3200 stall. Only made 300rwhp lmao. Not even gonna bring up the H/C times...

Have you data logged it at the track? Maybe it is pulling timing down low or something causing the bottom end to be soft? Your trap isn't terrible for your weight and rwhp, but your TQ curve may be off since it just can't get moving. IMO you also have way too much tire for your car. With your hp and gearing you should be easily 60'ing on a 275 drag radial. No need for a big slick with sub 400rwhp and 3.89s

When I drove his car, it didn't feel like it had a lot of low end torque; that and it felt strangely heavier than my Cobra.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:18 AM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Hey Sean just letting you know P. Manning holds the most TDs record now Cry baby aint even close...
He's really good in the regular season, isn't he

Tom Brady must haunt your dreams if you see Playoff Choke McGee and think you need to tell me about it.

I forgot already, does anyone remember the score to last year's Super Bowl?
Old 10-20-2014, 09:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by snake95
He's really good in the regular season, isn't he

Tom Brady must haunt your dreams if you see Playoff Choke McGee and think you need to tell me about it.

I forgot already, does anyone remember the score to last year's Super Bowl?
How could anyone forget that game only Sea hawks showed up to play... how ever how many rings does Tom Brady have after they got caught cheating again? I can't seem to remember bc Eli keeps coming to my mind
Old 10-20-2014, 09:43 AM
Banned

In all seriousness though P. Manning broke Farves record with 80+ less games and he even took a full year off. Farve said his congrats to him and ended with now on to 600. Which i could see that especially if he wasn't out a full year but i really think this is his last year.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 480 Likes on 377 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by sw07gt
We did back to back testing on a bmw x5 once a while back Bmw would send us cars for independent acceleration test.

I used your method in this awd x5.....very violent, hard on parts and usually mediocre results.

Then I did a little clutch slip action and it picked up almost .5 on just the 0-60. Way smoother and easier on that car. Not to mention the results were much better.

Not to say all will find the same results. Those are mine in that situation.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Mac, keep living through your boy! Regular season ringer for lyfe! I didn't even have to bring up Rings, you did it for me Both Manning bros combined equal TB's rings, I'll give you that.

The cheating things cracks me up. The Pats were made an example of because everybody hates how good they are. If you don't think other teams scouted practices, too, you're dumber than I thought. Not saying it's right, but it's not Pats specific.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Guitar
No PBs today. Nam was packed..only got four runs in. However, tires are working awesome. Track was actually pretty good too. I apparently need to throw them a lot more RPM or some pressure, because I started them at 15 cold and it bogged all the way to 5500 RPM clutch drops. Wish I would've been able to get another run and dump it at 6k but way too many cars already lined up at 4:30.

First run was basically to break in the slicks...second run I had adjusted the MC because it was too close to the floor and I think I was letting off too slow and it wasn't hitting the tires, and the next runs 5k and 5.5k launches bogged off the line (1.78 60s). Gonna be good at our fall Dragging Rights and I might have to limiter dump it with how sticky that track is going to be! Lol. Last two runs, nearly identical (5k and 5.5k clutch drops). I think because the car is so heavy it really likes the stiff sidewall, so we'll see what happens when I can throw more at it.
If your first pass it fell on it's face at 5500 you're next run should have been at 6k. If what Heater said was true about your rise is too quick and the strut tops out, then try to stiffen the front up some to slow down the hit. Or add some tire pressure to get it to slightly spin a little.

Stiff sidewalls should always used on cars over 3k lbs. I always come out too high and lower the rpms to what works vs coming out too low and raising rpms. Everyone is different.

But you're consistent. Any vids of the car launching? I'm wondering if the right rear is squatting.

-Mark
Old 10-20-2014, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
If your first pass it fell on it's face at 5500 you're next run should have been at 6k. If what Heater said was true about your rise is too quick and the strut tops out, then try to stiffen the front up some to slow down the hit. Or add some tire pressure to get it to slightly spin a little.

Stiff sidewalls should always used on cars over 3k lbs. I always come out too high and lower the rpms to what works vs coming out too low and raising rpms. Everyone is different.

But you're consistent. Any vids of the car launching? I'm wondering if the right rear is squatting.

-Mark
If he is bogging, the car is hooking the tires. He needs it to slip a little because the car just doesn't make the torque down low that it needs to get the 3800+lb (don't remember how heavy it is) car out of the hole with those gears. Guitar, you should try and lighten the car up as much as you can for Dragging Rights. Add some air to the slicks to help them slip a little off the launch. I agree that you have way too much tire. Especially if you are running a 28" tall tire, its not helping. A nice 275/50/15 DR would work well for your car imo. Gives you more of a gearing advantage with a shorter tire, and plenty of tread.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZNix
If he is bogging, the car is hooking the tires. He needs it to slip a little because the car just doesn't make the torque down low that it needs to get the 3800+lb (don't remember how heavy it is) car out of the hole with those gears. Guitar, you should try and lighten the car up as much as you can for Dragging Rights. Add some air to the slicks to help them slip a little off the launch. I agree that you have way too much tire. Especially if you are running a 28" tall tire, its not helping. A nice 275/50/15 DR would work well for your car imo. Gives you more of a gearing advantage with a shorter tire, and plenty of tread.
Yes I see what you are saying. I'm just wondering that if the right rear is squatting that it might be contributing on why the nose lifts comes up so fast and tops out (less resistance for the weight to xfer). "IF" the RR is not squatting it should slow down the front vs. if the RR is squatting.

Where does his car make peak torque? If he hits the tires at 5500 it might pull the rpms down to what 3500 maybe? I do know that on my old motor peak torque was 4200-5300 and I would come out no lower than 6600. So the tires would pull the rpms down to about 4500 which was right in the meat of the torque. So maybe the solution for him is just more rpms.

-Mark
Old 10-20-2014, 02:23 PM
TECH Regular

More RPMs, less tire and less wieght. Easy 11s.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Yes I see what you are saying. I'm just wondering that if the right rear is squatting that it might be contributing on why the nose lifts comes up so fast and tops out (less resistance for the weight to xfer). "IF" the RR is not squatting it should slow down the front vs. if the RR is squatting.

Where does his car make peak torque? If he hits the tires at 5500 it might pull the rpms down to what 3500 maybe? I do know that on my old motor peak torque was 4200-5300 and I would come out no lower than 6600. So the tires would pull the rpms down to about 4500 which was right in the meat of the torque. So maybe the solution for him is just more rpms.

-Mark

More RPM is definitely needed off launch. I think where he is hurting is the 3.90 gears for sure. On a 28" tire, the 3.90s are the equivalent of a 3.50 or so on a 26" tire (estimated, didn't calculate). He went up in gear, but also went up in tire size, negating what the gears would have changed for him. If he dropped down to a 26" or went up even more in gear, like 4.30s or something, he would be set. The 4.30s would put him in the low 6k RPM range at the traps and be nearly the equvilalent of a 26" tall tire with 4.11s. Down low, it would help him get off the line much quicker.

With his future turbo build... A 3.90 gear on a 28" tire would work for a 130-140MPH car with crossing the traps at 6000-6500RPM.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by snake95
Mac, keep living through your boy! Regular season ringer for lyfe! I didn't even have to bring up Rings, you did it for me Both Manning bros combined equal TB's rings, I'll give you that.

The cheating things cracks me up. The Pats were made an example of because everybody hates how good they are. If you don't think other teams scouted practices, too, you're dumber than I thought. Not saying it's right, but it's not Pats specific.
Never said other teams didn't do it. Pats were dumb enough to get caught but yet that just proves they cheated to win. You're not helping your argument. Do you think they could of won with out cheating? Idk, why because they cheated and won. That question will always be left on the table. Also everyone says TB makes his receivers into great receiver's yet he hasn't put up as good numbers as he used to... its ok TB had to cheat to get those SB rings but ive have yet to hear P.M cheat to win...
Old 10-20-2014, 03:23 PM
TECH Regular

Look Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the game, so you all might as well fall back with this nonsense about Brady and Manning.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:28 PM
***Repost Police***

Cowboys FTW
Old 10-20-2014, 03:34 PM
11 Second Club

Livernois did some testing with the new ecoboost 4 banger. This is just a tune only. No hard parts were replaced. It's gonna put a lot of hurtin on many n/a v8's once the aftermarket catches on. Technology is a bitch.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...g-today!/page2

-Mark

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)