Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
RASSSSLing?

Is that the homo sport where you hump each other?

Real rasssling is wwe!!
Sad part is some people dont even know the difference between the 2.
Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Wrestling is the only sport you can blame your equipment or some one else for losing. All you...
Yup... my particular team was more of a family. I got lucky with that... because Ive seen some terrible teams out there where they never had each others backs. Same reason Im trying to get in competitive shape. Ill never stand over someone yelling at them like a drill sergeant when I myself cant do what Im telling them to do. I work out with them... it makes it easier for the guy whose being pushed to keep going when the coach is next to him doing the same ****. Ive missed 2 1/2 seasons of it. Looking forward to getting back into it.
Originally Posted by ZFreie
I'm 8 months in and I'm making my basement into a training center, your telling me lol
haha awesome! You would be surprised at what you can do with very little equipment though. Some killer work outs where all you need is your body weight and you feel like youve lifted mountains by the time youre done. Plyometrics is one of my favorite. Combine some good Insanity exercises with P90X. A lot of things out there. Explore options. Ive made up a lot of work outs based off others. Combined wrestling/p90x/insanity/etc. Ive always been more into muscular endurance then "hey look how much weight i lift!". Never stick to a routine (for too long). Its crazy what you can teach the body to do. You can completely master a work out and then try something thats slightly different...and feel completely out of shape. Funny part is the heaviest weights I have in my house are 25lbs lmao!
Old 09-20-2013, 04:06 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

434 LSX
Built to hell 4L80... I think I may be the first to do this swap into a new gen V? Not sure... Haven't seen any yet. Shop says it will take 20+ hours of labor hehehe.
Custom Fuel system
Twin 67 mid mounts
Parachute

That's the plan for now! I'm going to shoot for a cts-v rwhp record. Car leaves to DFW in a few weeks. Should be there by late november and hopefully back to me before xmas!
Baller!!!!! Jakes makes the best parts and assembles 4l80e's hands down
Old 09-20-2013, 04:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Jakes doesn't make a swap for the CTS-V though.. Only RPM does.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea, next step is a half rack so I can squat, don't need anything else really as I have a flat and incline bench, just need more weight. I'm really going for more endurance then strength, like 60/40, but have no end goal other then to be in kick *** shape lol

Me and a few of my friends enjoy mma and I'm tired of getting gassed in like 60 seconds trying to grapple with a few of them who are power lifters
Old 09-20-2013, 05:56 PM
12 Second Club

I wish I had enough room to make a workout room at my house. If I clean out my garage I will have enough but I don't want to throw away a lot of stuff in case I get a bigger house someday.

Zfreie that's excellent progress. Now we know where you have been. Keep at it, I am planning on getting my max weights back up on my deployment.

At the height of my lifting I was benching 315X5 deadlifting 405X10 and squatting 455X8, I can still bench up to the 130lb dumbbells but can't go heavy on the bar anymore because I messed up my shoulder a while back. It is addictive as hell, I get into a bad mood if I dont get to work out. I have been running a lot recently, worked my way up to almost 6 miles a day 5 days a week and lifting lighter weights. Im trying to cut down bout 10 more lbs then I'll start heavy again. Have you been doing any dieting to supplement lifting? Taking anything?
Old 09-20-2013, 06:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
Have you been doing any dieting to supplement lifting? Taking anything?
I eat healthy, I don't take any supplements or anything tho. I started at 165, I've gained 10 lbs and its def not fat lol
Old 09-20-2013, 06:14 PM
12 Second Club

I eat healthy, I don't take any supplements or anything tho. I started at 165, I've gained 10 lbs and its def not fat lol
Make sure you eat enough protein, protein shakes are good that's pretty much all I use. I don't do creatine or anything like that. I get strong easy though, I am lucky Other that take it slow and work your way up slowly. When I started I could only bench 135 and worked my way up from there. Deadlifts and squats are two awesome mass building exercises.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Picking up another member of the family next week as a "beater" for when I don't feel like riding the 14. I've always been a sucker for LT1 Trans Am's, so I couldn't pass this one up! Having T-Tops is nice as well for a driver, kind of missed then in my Z28 Coupe. He was asking 3K since it needs some work, which is a steal based on the parts it has already.

She needs some attention like most ~20 year old cars will, and the tranny is starting to slip, but I've seen it all on my Z28 and I know what I'm getting into .

Yes, I know LS1s are dirt cheap now. Yes, after the tranny and some maintenance stuff I could have had a 98+...No, I don't care .

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)-gwsxirhl.jpg

He is throwing in an OEM set of both fenders, front clip, and side skirts.

Last edited by Puck; 09-20-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:42 PM
Staging Lane

434 LSX
Built to hell 4L80... I think I may be the first to do this swap into a new gen V? Not sure... Haven't seen any yet. Shop says it will take 20+ hours of labor hehehe.
Custom Fuel system
Twin 67 mid mounts
Parachute

That's the plan for now! I'm going to shoot for a cts-v rwhp record. Car leaves to DFW in a few weeks. Should be there by late november and hopefully back to me before xmas!
LSX.. Bleh.

go here... http://www.erlperformance.com/gm-ls-...i-short-blocks
Old 09-20-2013, 06:43 PM
Staging Lane

Don't listen to these guys. if you ain't got heart problems get on

test-e, dianabol and nolvadex. 17wk cycle.

when you're done you'll be like 40lbs up of muscle.

DAT DERRRRR JUICE.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Camper
I'm not an LSX fan either but its a gen2 block and he has built 2 other TT CTS-Vs with this exact block that are holding up extremely well.

Originally wanted an RHS but it was actually more expensive. I have a budget i'm trying to not surprass.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:48 PM
Staging Lane

who is "he"
Old 09-20-2013, 07:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
I wish I had enough room to make a workout room at my house. If I clean out my garage I will have enough but I don't want to throw away a lot of stuff in case I get a bigger house someday.

Same here... I live two blocks from the department and they have equipment (bow flex/treadmill) so at least I can use that.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:16 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Same here... I live two blocks from the department and they have equipment (bow flex/treadmill) so at least I can use that.
I hate treadmills, there are nice running trails around campus here that I have been using.

I have a membership at a gym but that **** is about to get canceled, they yelled at me the other day for doing deadlifts on the rubber floor, wanted me to do them on a platform. Im tired of their BS rules, I pay 50$ a month to go there you think I could do what I want.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not an LSX fan either but its a gen2 block and he has built 2 other TT CTS-Vs with this exact block that are holding up extremely well.

Originally wanted an RHS but it was actually more expensive. I have a budget i'm trying to not surprass.
Originally Posted by Camper
who is "he"
Yes. Who is "He"? What shop is it headed too?
Old 09-20-2013, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea, next step is a half rack so I can squat, don't need anything else really as I have a flat and incline bench, just need more weight. I'm really going for more endurance then strength, like 60/40, but have no end goal other then to be in kick *** shape lol

Me and a few of my friends enjoy mma and I'm tired of getting gassed in like 60 seconds trying to grapple with a few of them who are power lifters
lol nice. Lifting though is not going to keep you from gassing against stronger guys. Friend of mine is a **** load stronger then me in all aspects of the body... however he does not have any skill/stamina. I literally let him tire himself out trying to work moves that get him no where while i play defense... then once hes gassed.....Im just warming up
Old 09-20-2013, 07:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by evangto87
lol nice. Lifting though is not going to keep you from gassing against stronger guys. Friend of mine is a **** load stronger then me in all aspects of the body... however he does not have any skill/stamina. I literally let him tire himself out trying to work moves that get him no where while i play defense... then once hes gassed.....Im just warming up
haha, one of my friends has awesome submissions, so most of our match is me playing keep away lol Thats why I'm like 60% lifting and 40% endurance. I do between 3 and 5 sets of things depending on what I'm doing.

My endurance is a lot better then it was, when i first started I need a couple min rest between sets, now I'm like 15-30 seconds between most sets/exercises.

My buddy who power lifts always says he never sweats in the gym, if I'm not sweating I'm not going at it hard enough.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

Can any of you homo`s tell me if this thig will bolt up and these sensors are correct and everything I need for my gto?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fast-Efi-4150-Flange-Air-Only-Fuel-Injection-Throttle-Body-Cast-Aluminum-/390452165578?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5ae8c33bca&vxp=mtr
Old 09-22-2013, 05:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cwarta
Can any of you homo`s tell me if this thig will bolt up and these sensors are correct and everything I need for my gto?

Fast EFI 4150 Flange Air Only Fuel Injection Throttle Body Cast Aluminum | eBay
What single plane are you running? Those look like the correct GM Sensors, but why do you want the ugly tall cast one with restrictive body?

I have the billet Accel piece that not only flows a lot better then that one, but is low profile and looks a hell of a lot nicer. Not too much more money either. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ac...Fcbm7AodUgUASg.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Puck
What single plane are you running? Those look like the correct GM Sensors, but why do you want the ugly tall cast one with restrictive body?

I have the billet Accel piece that not only flows a lot better then that one, but is low profile and looks a hell of a lot nicer. Not too much more money either. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ac...Fcbm7AodUgUASg.
Ya I picked up this one ready to bolt in with sensors for $400 so nvm above link lol

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)