Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

07' Civic Si Sedan Vs. Gang of "Super Civics"

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 07' Civic Si Sedan Vs. Gang of "Super Civics"

Went out to the local track a few nights ago. I've been out there with my Trans Am before. With the T/A (lid and catback) I managed to run a 13.7 @104mph with a 2.2 60ft. Then went back out after LS6 intake, Headers, and tune and ran a 13.7 @ 107mph with a 2.3 60ft. DA was 6500ft Track prep is horrible because it's just test and tune, and newbies drag water up the track as well.

Anyway, I don't want to run my T/A again out there until I get my drag radials and can lower my crappy 2.3 60ft. Decided to see what my stock 2007 Civic Si would do. I've been curious, and knowing the DA would be over 6500ft, thought I might be lucky to get a 17 second slip. When we arrived at the track the guy at tech chuckled at the baby seat in the back. As we hung out I saw a group of about 5 or 6 90's Honda Civics pull up driven by teens. Some of the cars looking like this...

and others like this...

We approached a few of them as they were fellow Civic guys . And asked them about their cars. A few of them were gutted, most bragged about all of bolt ons they had and a few engine swaps . I really thought these guys would be good compitition for my Si.

I went and lined up three times, first run I tried slipping the clutch, second I tried dumping it at 4k rpms, both resulted in 2.4 60fts at 16.02ish at 89mph. My jaw dropped as I saw my first ticket! How the hell was this possible at 6700 DA? I knew I couldn't leave until I got my 15 second time slip.

I parked and decided to wait until the blaring hot sun set over the mountain. As the sun set, I saw all the Civic guys lining up. This should be good, I can see how my car runs against all these "suped up" Civics. The first guys buzz down the track in a blaze of fart can glory. I can't even fathom the times they run. Left lane 19.3 seconds, right lane 20. something seconds. Are you kidding me? I look at my wife as she has a puzzled look on her face, "20 seconds?" she asks, "you mean my car can blow away all these tricked out Civics?" For the next few minutes we marveled at the rest of their times ranging anywhere from 17-20 second passes.

I decide it's my time to show these guys what a real turd can do. This time I take out the beh beh seat and the spare tire. I contemplate taking a crap just incase that track stand hot dog might push me out of the 15's but there's no time. I kiss my wife and daughter goodbye, knowing when you get up to 89mph things can happen fast I line up, trying to teach people some manners, "see guys how I drive around the water box and not through it dragging water up the track?" I rip it out of the hole banging through all the gears, as I pull up to the ticket lady I grab the slip and smile at my 15.975 @ 89.39mph with a 2.5 60ft. When I drive back by all the Civic guys they just ignore me. I tell one of them that I'm stock and what I ran and he mutters, "oh cool..." and turns away. ooppss.

(In the vid below the guy in the truck had his dog in the passenger seat as I passed him half way down the track the dog looked at me. WTF?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa6Fz3PZWRc

Old 06-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So do turbo cars have a decent advantage at that track?
Old 06-28-2011, 03:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

That was like the slowest race ever..LOL

But no I see these type kids/guys at the track all the time. They the one who think the cold air made them able to beat every camaro/mustang/vette/viper on the road..HAHA
Old 06-28-2011, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1992TsiAWD
So do turbo cars have a decent advantage at that track?
Oh hell yeah, that's why all the turbo guys in our area refuse to go to the Sacramento Raceway and want to go to this one. I trap 107mph down here, and in Sac I can trap anywhere from 113mph to 114mph in neg. DA. There were a couple badass SRT4's racing that night, trapping 125mph+
Old 06-28-2011, 03:54 PM
Banned

That story got waaay better when I got to the picture of the car and (presumably) your wife... She gets you a hearty 'attaboy!'...

But seriously, these kids were happy running 20s in their Hondas? Frickin kids today, man...

And I have to go nooby on you and ask, what is 'DA' in relation to the track?
Old 06-28-2011, 03:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't know why but I found the story hilarious. Perhaps it's because I know plenty of people like the guys you described and I can picture it in my head. You know they were talking so much **** to each other lol.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...titude-me.html
Old 06-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Banned

ah Density Altitude, thank you for that. I wasn't finding anything online for DA. I didn't think to search THIS site. Duh. There's my new fact for today! I can stop learning now...
Old 06-28-2011, 04:05 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Schmalgar
That story got waaay better when I got to the picture of the car and (presumably) your wife... She gets you a hearty 'attaboy!'...

But seriously, these kids were happy running 20s in their Hondas? Frickin kids today, man...

And I have to go nooby on you and ask, what is 'DA' in relation to the track?
Would you rather them drive 12 second street cars? Thats a recipe for an early death.

Btw, She is very nice on the eyes. Congrats op.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by willizm
Would you rather them drive 12 second street cars? Thats a recipe for an early death.
Way to go all morbid. No, of course I don't want them to race themselves to death, thanks. Just that they have no idea what 'fast' is (yet), but they can talk trash about it. Kids, you know, the way us old enlightened folks say the word... relating to their stereotypical attitude that they know it all, when in fact they know very little, and shaking our heads at them thinking 'youth is wasted on the young'... That's all I meant.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by willizm
Btw, She is very nice on the eyes. Congrats op.
Yeah, that pic of her was while she had this in her belly...

Now she is back to normal

Old 06-28-2011, 04:33 PM
Banned

Holy crap. The story just got even more waaay better. I don't mind admitting, I'm now officially quite jealous of you, sir. Redheads really make life worth living...

And that is one cute baby too!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:42 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Schmalgar
Way to go all morbid. No, of course I don't want them to race themselves to death, thanks. Just that they have no idea what 'fast' is (yet), but they can talk trash about it. Kids, you know, the way us old enlightened folks say the word... relating to their stereotypical attitude that they know it all, when in fact they know very little, and shaking our heads at them thinking 'youth is wasted on the young'... That's all I meant.
I don't mean to be a debbie downer and all, but thats how I look at it. Don't give them a taste of what real speed is like. They can't handle it that young. Besides, I like running into these types on the street. Nothing like destroying some cocky brash kids supa fast ride.

Had a kid in a bubble back civic gawking and give me that grin( you know the "ima smoke you" grin). Needless to say he went wot and I didn't fully lay on it until he shifted into next gear. I put bus lengths on him quick after that. Probably still scratching his head to figure out how he lost so bad to a 4 door.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:00 PM
Teching In

Nice, any plans to mod your Si?
Old 06-28-2011, 06:07 PM

This thread is full of win
Old 06-28-2011, 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
I decide it's my time to show these guys what a real turd can do. This time I take out the beh beh seat and the spare tire. I contemplate taking a crap just incase that track stand hot dog might push me out of the 15's but there's no time. I kiss my wife and daughter goodbye, knowing when you get up to 89mph things can happen fast [/IMG]
LOL, I laughed pretty hard when I read this...

Haha, I just read it over again and am still laughing!

Very clean engine bay, btw
Old 06-28-2011, 06:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh my gosh your baby is adorable! Nice job, OP-you and the wife!
Old 06-28-2011, 08:28 PM
Teching In

Nice car/kid/wife
Old 06-28-2011, 11:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Every track should be equipped with a crusher and a warning sign stating that anything running a 17 or higher will be crushed!
Old 06-29-2011, 12:01 AM
TECH Regular

Nice FA5!

I miss mine everyday. :/
Old 06-29-2011, 02:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys! No plans of ever modding it. Even with full bolt ons and some drag radials I doubt I could get into the 14's out there. One day when my house is payed off when I'm 50 (25 now) and have money to pee away I may turbo charge it. With just 4-5 pounds of boost and a clutch you can see 300rwhp out of these cars. For now I'm happy with the 40mpg I get when I drive to my parent's house 200 miles away, (all hwy of coarse).

Quick Reply: 07' Civic Si Sedan Vs. Gang of "Super Civics"