Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran a New 5.0 tonight

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 10:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Srt4King
Your gaurantee is for ****, a stock mach 1 and a stock ls1 (both manual) is a drivers race. Not that either one of them are impressive or anything, but thats the truth.
It would be close, no doubt. But the LS1 has 30 more HP, and 25 more TQ. Two good drivers, and the LS1 would win 8 out of 10 times.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
It don't have a cam, other than the stock one and look at it you would'nt have any idea that it has had any weight reduction with out a keen eye or until your lookin at taillights. You guys are haters and crybabies....either that or just jelous. To bad ya'll can't get that ford **** to go.
Wow... You've got some serious growing up to do. Here's a start. Your car is NOT that quick... Somehow, you still sit there and brag about what others can't do and you COULD, but don't. How about getting your car into the 10's? Others have been there for over a decade now... Where you AT??? All this crapola from you while the guys with REALLY quick F-bodies generally sit back quietly, knowing what they can do/have done... but you never did. Many W/O an engine swap have done far better than you ever have.

Oh, I know, you wouldn't wanna make it any quicker because then it may not be a DD... I kinda wonder why you talk more trash than Ali in his prime, but unlike Ali, you aren't capable of really backing it up on game day. I mean, even 10's aren't gonna net you any crowns in the racing world of 2011.

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight '01
Jealous of a "Camero"? Okay pal, be jealous, that car was never produced by GM. They did however make a CAMARO. And the 1993-2002 models were superior to every Mustang that Ford built. Even the 2003-2004 Mach 1's were slower than the LS1.
I was about to guess that you're 16... Then I realized where you live... I digress. He evidently made a point to incorrectly spell Camaro as well as crack on its many shortcomings, oh maestro of the mindset...

That said, 1993-2002 Camaro models were superior to every Mustang Ford built... Oh... Well, that just settles it, since you came along and cleared it all up...

Quicker than some, superior to none... Have you ANY idea the quality difference in various automobiles? The F-body was simply never built with quality being the main attraction. If you think it was, you've probably not been inside many other vehicles.

The 4th gen was quicker than every Mustang Ford built... Except those it wasn't quicker than... Which '95 Camaro was superior(quicker) to the 1995 Cobra R? Which 4th gen was superior(quicker) to the 2000 Cobra R? Which 4th gen was quicker than the 2003/4 Cobra? Those are 3 models which Ford built... I think they're all part of "every Mustang" so far...

Your "guarnateed" statement has no promise worthy of notice because it's 100% incorrect and inaccurate on its face.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Teching In

Because I know the Supercharged Cobra's are a hell of a lot faster than the LS1. HOWEVER! The LS1 Camaro will beat any NATURALLY ASPIRATED Mustang from 2010 and prior, guaranteed.
I know this was a limited production but the 2000 Cobra R i believe was faster and was N/A also but i get what your sayin
Old 08-05-2011, 10:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Wow... You've got some serious growing up to do. Here's a start. Your car is NOT that quick... Somehow, you still sit there and brag about what others can't do and you COULD, but don't. How about getting your car into the 10's? Others have been there for over a decade now... Where you AT??? All this crapola from you while the guys with REALLY quick F-bodies generally sit back quietly, knowing what they can do/have done... but you never did. Many W/O an engine swap have done far better than you ever have.

Oh, I know, you wouldn't wanna make it any quicker because then it may not be a DD... I kinda wonder why you talk more trash than Ali in his prime, but unlike Ali, you aren't capable of really backing it up on game day. I mean, even 10's aren't gonna net you any crowns in the racing world of 2011.

I was about to guess that you're 16... Then I realized where you live... I digress. He evidently made a point to incorrectly spell Camaro as well as crack on its many shortcomings, oh maestro of the mindset...

That said, 1993-2002 Camaro models were superior to every Mustang Ford built... Oh... Well, that just settles it, since you came along and cleared it all up...

Quicker than some, superior to none... Have you ANY idea the quality difference in various automobiles? The F-body was simply never built with quality being the main attraction. If you think it was, you've probably not been inside many other vehicles.

The 4th gen was quicker than every Mustang Ford built... Except those it wasn't quicker than... Which '95 Camaro was superior(quicker) to the 1995 Cobra R? Which 4th gen was superior(quicker) to the 2000 Cobra R? Which 4th gen was quicker than the 2003/4 Cobra? Those are 3 models which Ford built... I think they're all part of "every Mustang" so far...

Your "guarnateed" statement has no promise worthy of notice because it's 100% incorrect and inaccurate on its face.
Get off your high horse and think about what you're saying before you say it. First off my "location" has nothing to do with my intelligence. I'm not from Missisippi, I just live here, and I know it's supposedly full of dumb people, I get the stupid stereotype. FYI, I'm 22, not 16, but nice guess.

Next, the supercharged '03 and '04 are faster than the LS1, I know that. But that's why I said the LS1 is faster than any NATURALLY ASPIRATED Mustang! That means no blower, no supercharger, none of that. Comprehend?

Also, I never said the same year Camaro was faster than the same year Mustang, stop twisting my words. I said the LS1 in particular is faster than any 2010 Mustang and prior that is NATURALLY ASPIRATED! (NO BLOWER, NO SUPERCHARGER, NO TURBOCHARGER) I hate repeating myself.

And yes, I know the F-bodies were not built with quality in mind. I own one. I also have a friend who has a 1996 Cobra, which I like and respect very much. Trust me, Mustangs don't have much more in the way of "quality" when compared to a Camaro.

And lastly, he is going to misspell "Camaro" to "Camero" on purpose? That's supposed to be an insult? misspelling a car name? Maybe if he called it "slowmaro" or something, but spelling it "Camero" deliberately is just stupid.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:55 PM
On The Tree

The stipulations are like "Ricer Math"
Old 08-05-2011, 11:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Get off your high horse and think about what you're saying before you say it. First off my "location" has nothing to do with my intelligence. I'm not from Missisippi, I just live here, and I know it's supposedly full of dumb people, I get the stupid stereotype. FYI, I'm 22, not 16, but nice guess.

Next, the supercharged '03 and '04 are faster than the LS1, I know that. But that's why I said the LS1 is faster than any NATURALLY ASPIRATED Mustang! That means no blower, no supercharger, none of that. Comprehend?

Also, I never said the same year Camaro was faster than the same year Mustang, stop twisting my words. I said the LS1 in particular is faster than any 2010 Mustang and prior that is NATURALLY ASPIRATED! (NO BLOWER, NO SUPERCHARGER, NO TURBOCHARGER) I hate repeating myself.

And yes, I know the F-bodies were not built with quality in mind. I own one. I also have a friend who has a 1996 Cobra, which I like and respect very much. Trust me, Mustangs don't have much more in the way of "quality" when compared to a Camaro.

And lastly, he is going to misspell "Camaro" to "Camero" on purpose? That's supposed to be an insult? misspelling a car name? Maybe if he called it "slowmaro" or something, but spelling it "Camero" deliberately is just stupid.
As above you sound like a ricer. Well they put a blower on it, that just isn't fair. That be liek ford guys saying well you have 1.5L's more or your engine is 56cu. in. more. So all GM cars with engines same size as us. GM could have done the same thing. And look after so many years they are now doing it. CTS-V/ZL1.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
As above you sound like a ricer. Well they put a blower on it, that just isn't fair. That be liek ford guys saying well you have 1.5L's more or your engine is 56cu. in. more. So all GM cars with engines same size as us. GM could have done the same thing. And look after so many years they are now doing it. CTS-V/ZL1.
Engine size is not directly relevant to engine power. The DOHC 4.6 in the N/A Cobra's makes more power than the LT1's, and makes more power than the advertised numbers in the early LS1's.

And I said putting a blower on it isn't fair? You really need to stop putting words in my mouth. Blowers are fine, but don't compare them to N/A cars. Compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:40 PM
Teching In

Engine size is not directly relevant to engine power. The DOHC 4.6 in the N/A Cobra's makes more power than the LT1's, and makes more power than the advertised numbers in the early LS1's.

And I said putting a blower on it isn't fair? You really need to stop putting words in my mouth. Blowers are fine, but don't compare them to N/A cars. Compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges.
So your sayin that the Corvette Zr1 cant be compared to the Dodge Viper then because the Zr1 is supercharged.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 20GTSTANG08
So your sayin that the Corvette Zr1 cant be compared to the Dodge Viper then because the Zr1 is supercharged.
ZR1 is basically in a class of its own since it's so fast.

The Viper would run with the N/A Z06. Those two are in the same price category too. Nice try though.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:57 PM
Teching In

The Viper would run with the N/A Z06. Those two are in the same price category too. Nice try though.
The 2010 Viper Acr runs 1/4 at 11.0 @ 132 that seems more like Zr1 territory than Z06, and cost aproximately arount 100,000 also more Zr1 territory than Zo6.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Do some of you realize that Saleens could be ordered from your Ford dealer and came with the factory warranty as did some Steeda Gts. I seem to remember a blown S351 Saleen back in 95 that ran low 12s in stock form and trapped 117MPH. With just slicks and skinnies it really got ugly fast. If you dislike Mustangs fine but get your facts straight. Just because a car is faster than another doesn't make it a POS.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:58 PM
On The Tree

We have some magazine readers in here.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:07 AM
10 Second Club

A class of its own? Hmm I am pretty sure there are cars that hang with it stock at the drag stripe and on the street plus beat it. The GT-R is right there with it now. And is cheaper. Yes the ZR1 is a little quicker but not much what .1 for that extra 30K-40k in the 1/4.

You said comparing blower cars that came with it stock isn't fair. They are same price for the cars. Was met to compete with each other. So how again is it not fair?

Last edited by ohioborn80; 08-06-2011 at 12:12 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:12 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by winters97gt
We have some magazine readers in here.
He is just stating facts. EVen now there is so many levels you can order with a mustang. Hell you can order right from ford with a whipple blower on the 5.0 with a 525hp/624hp kit. The GT500 you can order all way up to a 800hp kit. Its all about how much money you want to spend.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i can't believe this bickering has gone on for 15 ******* pages! someone lock this **** up
Old 08-06-2011, 12:27 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
He is just stating facts. EVen now there is so many levels you can order with a mustang. Hell you can order right from ford with a whipple blower on the 5.0 with a 525hp/624hp kit. The GT500 you can order all way up to a 800hp kit. Its all about how much money you want to spend.
My whole point i was trying to make was even if the Zr1 does beat the viper in every aspect that just supports what im trying to say. According to Whiteknight it wouldn't be fair for the Viper because it is N/A and the other one has a blower in which is a stupid argument.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:24 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
Nope. Wrong again, for the 50,000th time.
How is that wrong? The GT-R has went 11.0 bone stock. and 10.0 with a tune and exhaust. The ZR1 is as mighty as people think it is. And for the 120K price tag compared to the 90K price tag I rather have the GT-R. Oh and it was faster at the track.
Don'T hate cause that Import is faster then you. And it is faster then you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER2WPFlm22o

Last edited by ohioborn80; 08-06-2011 at 01:34 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:35 AM
10 Second Club

Z06 don't stand a chance against it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNT2UijpCMs
Old 08-06-2011, 01:36 AM
10 Second Club

Then don't forget the black edition which is priced closer to the ZR1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4Xt41nL6kc
Old 08-06-2011, 01:54 AM
10 Second Club

For perspective, the last Porsche 911 Turbo we tested hit 60 in 3.2 seconds and finished the quarter-mile in 11.1 seconds at 125.4 mph. Chevy's insane Corvette ZR1 wasn't as quick in our last test. It needed 3.9 seconds to hit 60 and 11.7 seconds to complete the quarter-mile (at 126.7 mph).

http://www.insideline.com/nissan/gt-...and-video.html

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...est/index.html
Funny they don't even compare the ZR1 to it.
from them: Only the Porsche Turbo and Bugatti Veyron best Japan's fastest car.
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...n/viewall.html
The Corvette, on the other hand, weighs just 3329 pounds and makes 638 horsepower or 5.2 pounds per pony, a clear advantage. Yet the Vette takes a relatively leisurely 3.5 seconds to crack 60 mph and 11.5 seconds to run the quarter mile.

Guess I was wrong..The 2012 GT-R is faster.

Quick Reply: Ran a New 5.0 tonight