Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

c6 Z06 vs viper srt-10

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 08:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default c6 Z06 vs viper srt-10

Finally got a chance to run a viper srt-10 today. As im cruising down the highway I notice a red viper about 50 ft ahead in the center lane, and im like hell yeah finally a viper! there was some decent traffic i cut in and out, and get next to viper, and this guy doesnt even notice me. It was some biker looking guy with his chick with him. I downshift a hit a bit in 3rd jumping a few cars up, but i dont even get a reaction out of the guy, he just keeps cruising along like nothing happened going the speed limit. Im like WTF after a few minutes of checking my rearview mirror to see if the guy would react i got nothing.
After being let down from the viper i keep pace going 65 , but keep looking back hoping the viper would try something. I notice him start creeping up little by little. at this point we have open stretch of road ahead and when he gets about 2 carlengths back he just nails it, As he is passing, i react and down shifting to second and nail it. by the end of second i had stopped his pull! but he is still about 4 lengths ahead! i rip 3rd and start to reel him in and i gained back a few carlengths back by the top of third ! At this point he hits the breaks due to a bit of heavy traffic, but im thinking **** yeah i got your #!
at this point were doing about 90 and playing cat and mouse, but this time im ready for him and keep her in third., we zig zag in and out of traffic with him in front, we get an open lane he nails it and so do I, I immediately stop his pull and and being to reel him in, by the top of third i had to let off the throttle to avoid smacking his bumper! We did this a few more times with the same results. At this point traffic got a bit heavier and the fun had to end and he got off at the next exit. I just wish we would have had a nice stretch of road and gone from a 60 roll. his car sounded stock.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:05 PM
Teching In

Very nice man! Those vipers are pretty quick, theres a guy around my town with one thats wicked. Nice kill man
Old 09-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wish wish wish you had a video

Good kill, what are your mods?
Old 09-21-2011, 09:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love both cars! Very awesome runs...
Old 09-21-2011, 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Wish wish wish you had a video

Good kill, what are your mods?
i was solo, but i did have my phone i just not talented enough to bang gears and film at the same time.
Mods are intake, headers exhaust. Ive trapped a best of 128.2 so far.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Such a nice Z you have sir. Gotta love almost 130 with bolt ons, lol damn
Old 09-21-2011, 09:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Such a nice Z you have sir. Gotta love almost 130 with bolt ons, lol damn
Thanks! I have a ported intake manifold waiting to get installed. Hopefully with that i can get close if not break the 130 barrier.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:37 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pretty cool man, nice kill. You need to perma-mount that go pro to your windshield.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by willizm
Pretty cool man, nice kill. You need to perma-mount that go pro to your windshield.
I should just keep it in my car!
Old 09-21-2011, 10:10 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by redctsv
I should just keep it in my car!
Mount it then put a banner on your windshield that says KILL CAM with and arrow pointing toward it. You might get some more takers then or people that avoid you harder than the HIV
Old 09-21-2011, 10:24 PM
TECH Regular

ur Z is drool worthy
Old 09-21-2011, 10:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

i was like, u better not have got the guy in my hood to run you....the grey one in my sub division drives his like its a hyundai and ignores me!

wtf!

good stuff Dan!
Old 09-21-2011, 10:38 PM
9 Second Club

You know I don't think I've ever had any encounters on the street where there was a mutual understanding of the three honk race. Everyone just guns it after awkward stairs or avoidance.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
ur Z is drool worthy
Agreed. I've said it once and I'll say it again, CGM =

Would have been cool if you guys left at the same time and you had a video! Sounds like you had a good time though!
Old 09-22-2011, 05:58 AM
Launching!

This sounds like a 03-06 viper that traps low 120s in the quarter with a max of 124 for a stocker... Trapping up to 128 mph no wonder you kept creepin up on him. A stock 2008 traps 127-130 mph. Sounds like this was a fun time and sweet kill. To bad video.

Funny thing is that he probally is counting that ricer fly bye as a kill and telling people he beat a modded z06... Lol... Silly ricers
Old 09-22-2011, 06:05 AM
Launching!

Heres an oldy of mine from 07.

My intake only viper at 457 rwhp

Z06 with open exaust fuse pulled 455 rwhp

I was able to hold him off from 65-130 mph and then he just started to walk by 2 lengths at 155 mph shut down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2rBiMEyI84

Z06s are my second favorite car!
Old 09-22-2011, 09:42 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Killemall
This sounds like a 03-06 viper that traps low 120s in the quarter with a max of 124 for a stocker... Trapping up to 128 mph no wonder you kept creepin up on him. A stock 2008 traps 127-130 mph. Sounds like this was a fun time and sweet kill. To bad video.

Funny thing is that he probally is counting that ricer fly bye as a kill and telling people he beat a modded z06... Lol... Silly ricers

Heres an oldy of mine from 07.

My intake only viper at 457 rwhp

Z06 with open exaust fuse pulled 455 rwhp

I was able to hold him off from 65-130 mph and then he just started to walk by 2 lengths at 155 mph shut down.

Z06s are my second favorite car!
I figured it was an 03ish viper/ pre 8.4L from what you described as well. My z stock with the open fuse put down 448. I dont understand that that fly by stuff too, and taking it as a win, is just moronic, or better yet when you hold up 3 fingers they nod, and they either just take off or take off after the 1st beep.
Ive seen plenty of your vids and do remeber watching that one. Thats a nice viper you have. I always wanted one, until the c6 z06 came out and then that became the one i had to have.
I just wish around here i can get half the badass races you do, around here all i have to beat up on are stockish cobalts, camaros that dont know how to use their nitrous, and turbo bimmers! ROFL!

Last edited by redctsv; 09-22-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Agreed. I've said it once and I'll say it again, CGM =

Would have been cool if you guys left at the same time and you had a video! Sounds like you had a good time though!
From the way the guy acted, and i happen to get the chance for an even start, i highly boubt he even knows about the 3 honk rule.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Launching!

Reality is we are the weird ones posting up on car sites about street racing... I thought it was really kool in my early and mid 20s. Ten years later i feel kinda childish about this **** sometimes. Now imagine this 40 plus year old guy in tne viper. You think he post anywere bout street racing or knows bout 3beeping?

Just saying in the big picture most people are wondering why the hell we are pacin them or beepin our horn???

You should of seen the look n the audi r8 drivers face when i did this to him in my supercharged nsx.

Really lucky you got a viper owner to bite imho. Talk about garage queen bastards. I know of 3 other srt10 vipers here in hawaii. Talked to the owners and everything. None of those old bastards will play. Your lucky indeed
Old 09-22-2011, 10:46 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Killemall
Reality is we are the weird ones posting up on car sites about street racing... I thought it was really kool in my early and mid 20s. Ten years later i feel kinda childish about this **** sometimes. Now imagine this 40 plus year old guy in tne viper. You think he post anywere bout street racing or knows bout 3beeping?

Just saying in the big picture most people are wondering why the hell we are pacin them or beepin our horn???

You should of seen the look n the audi r8 drivers face when i did this to him in my supercharged nsx.

Really lucky you got a viper owner to bite imho. Talk about garage queen bastards. I know of 3 other srt10 vipers here in hawaii. Talked to the owners and everything. None of those old bastards will play. Your lucky indeed
ROFL that is so true! But come on why get a sports car, to drive it like its a freaking corolla, i will never understand that! I did get lucky as this is the second viper i have ever raced, the first was back in like 04 with my evo that trapped about 108 at the time. I beat the driver from a 20 roll til about 110ish by about 4 or 5 leghths , boy was this guy a horrible driver, so slow at shifting it wasnt even funny! by about 60 mph he was a few car lengths ahead, but by the time he was done with his 1-2 shift i was a car length ahead and pulling! he started to reel me in but by that time he had to make his 2-3 shift!
I

Quick Reply: c6 Z06 vs viper srt-10