Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

1997 Cobra vs 1994 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 02:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IMO it would have been a better race to compare a 305hp/LT1 WS6 to the 305hp Cobra.

Nevertheless, it still took Ford's top of the line performance car to beat GM's entry level performance car all through the 90's :stirspot:
Old 10-06-2011, 02:48 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick
Just so you know, Irun11s has never been out of the 14s...best run down the 1320 was a high 14 IIRC.
Yep, and I never say anything different. Which is why I don't talk **** about other people's cars.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:52 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
Has anyone else noticed irun 11s and stopsign really have a fan club? Its not just me that has a problem with these dipshits
It's always the same 2-3 people, no big deal.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
It's always the same 2-3 people, no big deal.
You know you love me
Old 10-06-2011, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 03turbomach1
I though you know we where differant people and you had agreed with certain thing i have said. So when you say "y'all".... What post of mine do you not agree with **** nugget???

A. How would I know that you are different people? Everything you say is to back up Hio.

B. Just because I agree with one thing you say does not mean that I agree with everything you say.

C. It's not just one post; it's the majority of your posts.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:12 PM
TECH Addict

itll run. yes there are a few mods but not as many as you think.
Plenty more than you claimed... Probably all of the 30 I mentioned.

you would be surprised how similar the two cars are for as far apart as they are in years.
Why would I be surprised? The two are based in the same underpinnings from 1979 through 2004 with only slight modifications here and there along the way.

Im not going into detail in a thred but pm me and id be glad to tell you what they are.
If you're getting it right, I already know what they are. Did a swap into a Fox back in 2000...

And yea its a swap of course its not factory 92 bolt ons thats a given . I said 4 mods on the engine and drive terrain. thats not hard to comprehend
No you didn't. You simply said 4 mods into the 10's, and then stated them. I merely pointed out those are hardly the only mods. Gears is one thing... However, if you plan to go 11's or quicker in a Fox chassis, you also upgrade the rear axle housing and chunk to A: handle the power and B: make it legal.

as for the rest of the engine and trans itself they are factory ford mustang parts not factory 92 mustang parts. Did i word that good enough for everyone to understand? I keep callin it how it is as i did the first time im sorry you dont understand the obvious.
What's obvious is that you don't even know what you're talking about... You constantly lack detail while making outrageous claims. Poor grammar merely hurts your credibility. Finally, nobody cares which parts were made by whom... You're building a car to go faster or quicker than it used to... Do it right and don't worry about where the parts came from or how they're labled.

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
IMO it would have been a better race to compare a 305hp/LT1 WS6 to the 305hp Cobra.
Maybe so, but that's rarely done.

Nevertheless, it still took Ford's top of the line performance car to beat GM's entry level performance car all through the 90's :stirspot:
As if it's Fords fault that GM didn't offer a better F-body... To beat that Cobra, we have to step up to the Corvette, or modify our F-bodies, either of which increases cost and/or labor.

Besides, it wasn't until the 93 model Z came out that Ford needed to step up their performance. They already offered a Cobra, so naturally, that was a good platform to use, considering its already higher price and slight upgrades over standard... Like the SS over Z, the Cobra was to the GT. At least that was the deal before 1996.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Heater
A. How would I know that you are different people? Everything you say is to back up Hio.

B. Just because I agree with one thing you say does not mean that I agree with everything you say.

Well if you talkin about the posts when i was backing up hio you dont have to agree with them, its just what i have seen his car do. Just like if you was saying my car doesnt do what its has done, he would back me up cause he knows. Now lets get back to the show....
Old 10-06-2011, 03:22 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
You know you love me
Well you seem to have gotten better. Not much that can be done about the finances at this point.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=
No you didn't. You simply said 4 mods into the 10's, and then stated them. I merely pointed out those are hardly the only mods. Gears is one thing... However, if you plan to go 11's or quicker in a Fox chassis, you also upgrade the rear axle housing and chunk to A: handle the power and B: make it legal.

QUOTE]

You didnt read! The post right before that the guy said he hadn't seen many termi swaped notches run? So why do i need to repeat over and over that its a swaped car its been said ten times! i just kept it short instead of your page long b.s. even my screen name says its swaped ever seen a cobra notch? not my fault you simply dont get the obvious and i have to draw a pic.

Last edited by 92cobranotch; 10-06-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Teching In

Sorry i forgot to mention axles that will still be c clipped and factory 28 splined for now. And 33 after i do a blower without c clips. And thats it no welded tubes no heavy bracing bs. And I have no plans on a cage because im 6'5 and cant get in and out with them very well so no it wont be legal passes mr. im writing a book. But thats what track rentals are for. The axles will be stock demensions but not stock grade steel. Did you also run for president in 2000 cuz u did everything else that year? lol

Last edited by 92cobranotch; 10-06-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Teching In

And I have no plans on a cage because im 6'5 and cant get in and out with them very well so no it wont be legal passes mr. im writing a booK
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v

Hiho's name is Cletus
03turbo is Earl
92Cobra is Goober
The goober part is workin out pretty good huh stoppy with him being 6'5" too...lol
Old 10-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Teching In

wow earl since your screen name says turbo that really mean u got one them there turbos on your car. or you one them there posers like itll run or i run 11s and just put that **** in ur screen name 4 nuffin. or you did have or did do 10 yrs ago. roflmao
Old 10-06-2011, 04:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 450 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater

We've known each other for years....we've seen alot of the same ****.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Stopsign likes to kid around and feed the trolls. But he does know his **** when its time to be serious.

Irun11s is usually right on the money. Who cares what he drives.

Notch please do something with your 8.8 before running a tire on it. Run a used girdle and weld those tubes up!! Hide HIO's LS7 till late next year and I will give you a girdle to use.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Teching In

Its not about what he drives . I drive a 83 diesel benz that runs 28s lol its the gramar and spelling nut swinging that gets old.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Well you seem to have gotten better. Not much that can be done about the finances at this point.
You were just fun to pick on. And now that the WS6 is gone, I think your Taurus has my Eclipse in the bag.

Made no sense to keep it when I did not like it enough to justify paying insurance on it for only driving it 1,800 miles in 6 months. I'll step into the Vette game when I'm done with college.
Its not about what he drives . I drive a 83 diesel benz that runs 28s lol its the gramar and spelling nut swinging that gets old.
He is not the only one that doesn't care to read a post that sounds like it is coming from an inbred hick who barely graduated kindergarten. I personally believe that one's spelling and grammar regardless of where it is used is a good indication of their professionalism and class in person.

Don't take that a personal shot at you, as opinions are just that - Opinions
Old 10-06-2011, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mississippi
You'd think folks would learn not to make any more "fbody vs mustang" threads.
I apologize. From now on I won't post videos with good races if I think it might start a debate

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
You're right, I'll tell my brother to sell his turd and go buy a WS6 for this weekend so we can redo the races the right way...
Old 10-06-2011, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
You're right, I'll tell my brother to sell his turd and go buy a WS6 for this weekend so we can redo the races the right way...
I agree with your sarcasm. The WS6 was a huge sales plot that in reality barely increased performance. I just like the looks of them in comparison. My buddy with a regular 96 Trans Am (A4, cloth, catback, 2.73 gear) and I raced with the same mods and my stock 3.23 gear and I barely pulled him. (Both on Sumi's)
Old 10-06-2011, 05:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 450 Likes on 355 Posts

All you gotta do marc is not read it. It's just like when the radio station I'm listening to plays a shitty song, I turn the channel. Not evryone has a office job were they do alot of reading/writing/typeing. Not everyone had the opertunity to go to college either

Besides have you ever listened to any rap songs??? If rappers can mutilate the english language like that and call it art.....then I can **** up all the grammer and spelling I want.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yep just call it artistic typing.

Quick Reply: 1997 Cobra vs 1994 Z28