Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

**Winter BS Thread**

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 12:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Yeah your right ws. That's why you conviently forgot that that engine is running a aftermarket atmosphere. Faster where? 1/4? What about roadcoarse? 100-0.....lots of ways to be faster, take the blinders off.

Go ahead and finish the list.....oh wait I did it for you in the sig
In all honesty, I don't care about other ways of being faster. We're talking 1/4 mile here.

Give the boost thing a rest, that is the most played out crybaby excuse. But since you stooped to that childish level, you're running more cubes. Knock an LS1 down to a 281ci (see Mach 1/ 99 or 01 Cobra) and it would get **** on. Hell, even the 4.8L truck motors in an F-body would get **** on by one of those cars.

Maybe I'll finish the list later, it's only going to make your car look like a racecar. Damn you are desperate to find any excuse you can to bring down a fast Mustang. Who gives a **** how a car gets fast. Unit runs 10s, you do not. You can't just accept that fact like a bigboy, you always have to find a reason your way is less "racecar" or justify your slower times when talking about a faster car. I bet if we had a 100-0 race, you'd bitch about a ZR1 having carbon ceramic brakes.

Seems like to me if it was so simple to make a "fast" Mustang then I would see alot more of them.
You must be in a bad area, plenty of fast Mustangs around here, and not all are Terminators.

All this from someone putting a v8 in a focus.....really.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

For sure.
Don't let the fact that my car is slow distract you from the point made that your logic is ******* nonexistent.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:41 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't wait to see some video of this focus dead hooking on the street!
Old 11-28-2011, 01:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get this Stoppy ...with out boost your the loser.
Well if I'm the loser for not having boost you are a loser too I guess.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:03 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
I can't wait to see some video of this focus dead hooking on the street!
RWD helps, but it'll still be pretty nasty.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's why you conviently forgot that that engine is running a aftermarket atmosphere.

All this from someone putting a v8 in a focus.....really.
Excuse.

And yeah, what an idiot for modding a Focus
Originally Posted by WSsick
What is so funny? The fact you are modding a Focus?
Originally Posted by snake95
Don't let the fact that my car is slow distract you from the point made that your logic is ******* nonexistent.
I was just giving you crap Sean
Old 11-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

That vid you sent me was pretty sweet. Gotta love the 2 step
Old 11-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Teching In

*Going back to the original post*

I was rear-ended at the beginning of the month so I will be putting a new bumper on the back of the car. It's also looking like I'll be getting the car repainted. Probably competition orange again, but I may switch it up and go with True Blue (Midnight Blue).
Old 11-28-2011, 04:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

^Go lime green with a black stripe
Old 11-28-2011, 04:38 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mach Boy

I was rear-ended at the beginning of the month so I will be putting a new bumper on the back of the car. It's also looking like I'll be getting the car repainted. Probably competition orange again, but I may switch it up and go with True Blue (Midnight Blue).
Comp orange would get my vote...but Cyber Grey is the best color ever. That with a flat black stripe would be perfect.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
That vid you sent me was pretty sweet. Gotta love the 2 step
I thought so too. Can't wait to get her finished. But then again, a RWD turbo LSX car weighing ~2800lbs with the driver is pretty Everyone is right, I'm scraping the project.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 427 Likes on 337 Posts

They look good in orange and that bright blue color. I don't think I would like it so much in a midnight blue. The stripes would'nt show up as well.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:45 PM
Teching In

They look good in orange and that bright blue color. I don't think I would like it so much in a midnight blue. The stripes would'nt show up as well.
I agree. It's really hard to spot a black Mach 1 from a distance. I'm going to most likely stick with the Comp Orange. If I do go with a lime green I'll replace the pony with a ram.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what ive read in another thread if you paint it a MOPAR green its gonna be way faster than the average mach1 roflmao
Old 11-28-2011, 06:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

If I do go with a lime green I'll replace the pony with a ram.
You would twist the frame like a pretzel with that power.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 427 Likes on 337 Posts

In all honesty, I don't care about other ways of being faster. We're talking 1/4 mile here.

Give the boost thing a rest, that is the most played out crybaby excuse. But since you stooped to that childish level, you're running more cubes. Knock an LS1 down to a 281ci (see Mach 1/ 99 or 01 Cobra) and it would get **** on. Hell, even the 4.8L truck motors in an F-body would get **** on by one of those cars.

Maybe I'll finish the list later, it's only going to make your car look like a racecar. Damn you are desperate to find any excuse you can to bring down a fast Mustang. Who gives a **** how a car gets fast. Unit runs 10s, you do not. You can't just accept that fact like a bigboy, you always have to find a reason your way is less "racecar" or justify your slower times when talking about a faster car. I bet if we had a 100-0 race, you'd bitch about a ZR1 having carbon ceramic brakes.

You must be in a bad area, plenty of fast Mustangs around here, and not all are Terminators.

I do care about other peremiters of performance. 1/4 mile is only part of it. Late last year was the first time I ever had any type of drag radial on my car. There is plenty of supercharged mach's around here and a turbo mach, there used to be some pullied Cobra's around. Are any of those fast? Sure, depends on what you consider fast I guess.

And now you want to play the ci card....lol Like it's my problem ford made a pissy *** little motor that is over complicated and under performing. If you really want to see a 4.6 vs a 4.8 go test drive comparible trucks and report back to us.....I already no the outcome.

You should pick up a hotrod.....or hell just get your head out of your *** and look around on tech at the turbo'd 5.3's/6.0's out of pick-up trucks that just flat out power ford's best ****.

If the 4.6 is so great why are'nt you putting one in your focus.......hmmmm I hate it when I don't put my money where my mouth is
Old 11-29-2011, 09:51 AM
12 Second Club

Hio, you literally are one of the biggest idiots on this site. You think a person should have to like 1 brand/powerplant/etc. and dismiss all else and come up with excuses when you are slower than it.

I do care about other peremiters of performance. 1/4 mile is only part of it. Late last year was the first time I ever had any type of drag radial on my car. There is plenty of supercharged mach's around here and a turbo mach, there used to be some pullied Cobra's around. Are any of those fast? Sure, depends on what you consider fast I guess.
That's fine, you can care about other stuff, I don't. Different opinions for different people, never said you were wrong.

And now you want to play the ci card....lol Like it's my problem ford made a pissy *** little motor that is over complicated and under performing. If you really want to see a 4.6 vs a 4.8 go test drive comparible trucks and report back to us.....I already no the outcome.
I only played that retarded card because you played the retarded FI card. Neither car can help what it's designers give it, so why bitch about it? Why is that so hard to cram into your little peabrain? It's not Ford/Cobra owners problem that your car didn't come with boost so you had to get a better crate version of your already larger motor to compete because your car was under performing. See how easy that is?

It's much easier just to respect a car for how it runs regardless of how it does it. That's the true gearhead mentality that you and all the other immature people here (and elsewhere) cannot seem to fathom.

You should pick up a hotrod.....or hell just get your head out of your *** and look around on tech at the turbo'd 5.3's/6.0's out of pick-up trucks that just flat out power ford's best ****.
Once again, you prove yourself to be an idiot. Assuming gets you nowhere, just a little word of advice. I constantly browse our FI section here. When I'm not in here, I'm looking at **** in there so that when I'm done being a brokedick college student and get some real money rolling in, I can afford to build something nasty. I won't be going with a junkyard motor though although they do holdup nicely. My friend is actually doing a 70mm turbo on a 4.8 with only some rod bolts and 317 heads in a notchback, I'll let you know how it holds up.

If the 4.6 is so great why are'nt you putting one in your focus.......hmmmm I hate it when I don't put my money where my mouth is
Guess I'll ruin it now, the Focus thing was a joke. I saw it on a different website and stole it to see how many idiots I could get. Also, I never said the 4.6 is "great" is any way. There are variants of that motor, 2v is a turd, 3v slightly less of a turd, 4v is decent and the blown 4v's can take some serious power stock and are pretty damn stout.

If I had to pick a Modular motor, I'd pick the 5.4 from the Ford GT anyways. One of those mile cars is running 1800rwhp on the stock bottom end. No LSX car is coming close to that. I'll wait for your excuses on that one.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:53 AM
12 Second Club

This is what I think of 2v 4.6s (local guy from a local forum):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdChMeT-tIQ
Old 11-29-2011, 10:06 AM
9 Second Club

^ When you getting another car?
Old 11-29-2011, 10:08 AM
12 Second Club

Sometime in spring, March or maybe April for a birthday present to myself (as my 99Z was ). Paying off an engagement ring currently, and then have to let my wallet recover.

I found a killer deal on a couple things here in the classifieds I might just end up buying before I even have a car. I can always sell them for a profit because of the deal if I don't end up in another Camaro, which I think I will, but those damn SS/TCs are very tempting...well, any newer/nicer car is really.

Quick Reply: **Winter BS Thread**