Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Callout: Sticks n Stones

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hendrixx
omg i have a 750 with a slip on can i come roll with you guys and start talkin some **** yo?

lol but forreal. spring summer and fall, im at the street races every friday and saturday night till 3am.

They have big boy races where they shut down a highway all four lanes (not a busy hwy but its 3am anyway) and trailer in their cars.. apparently the slowest car there is a low 10 sec car. But its like a myth, everyone has heard of it, ive never been. you have to be real fast to be there lol.

Ah the good old days...... :O)
Old 02-24-2012, 10:16 AM
12 Second Club

yepppp, im 19, with these two toys.. im sure you can imagine how much fun i had last year. if only i had my gopro then!

little story: i was on the gsxr, a bunch of my buddies have modded 1000s... i had my gopro on the tank, went from barrie to toronto with about 7 of my buddies, 2 bikes (me and a busa) and a camaro, gto, srt4, sti, sti, and a couple gay hondas that tagged along, filmed the ride down with the gopro...

at around 1am at the meeting spot, we all start to leave to go to the runs spot, and so i split from my buddies i came down with, and took off with my buddies and thier 1000s that are from toronto... were riding on the 410 to the runs, doing 274 on the highway.. i guess you can imagine we were the first ones there lol. i get off the bike, see that the gopro is off.

D:

i turn it on, comes on for a split second, says theres 2 files, and shuts off... battery is dead.

got home, whoel video for the ride down was on, and the 2nd vid.... shows me leaving the parking lot and cuts off.... i was super pissed!! would have been such a good famous youtube video!

oh well.. i have 2 gopros this year, including the GOpro2, and a few friends have some too... so ill either have two on the bike, or two on the camaro... which will make for some great vids.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 157 Likes on 120 Posts

I just bought one of them..taking it to the track with me tomorrow..it will get used this year more than a crackhead hooker in the hood.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
...my brother with because he wants to beat lifesadrag to a pulp.
Shove it up your ***.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LFSADRG
Shove it up your ***.
I <3 you.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:28 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Threads like these make me sad. Nothing ever goes on here. Oh how I love the Iowa car scene.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:39 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LFSADRG
Shove it up your ***.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a8LaIME66M

I got yo back bro.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

omg i have a 750 with a slip on can i come roll with you guys and start talkin some **** yo?

lol but forreal. spring summer and fall, im at the street races every friday and saturday night till 3am.

usually the only thing faster than me is my buddies 12 GTR flashed, another gtr, or some bikes and a few procharged stangs and ****. But those are the kiddie races around here. They have big boy races where they shut down a highway all four lanes (not a busy hwy but its 3am anyway) and trailer in their cars.. apparently the slowest car there is a low 10 sec car. But its like a myth, everyone has heard of it, ive never been. you have to be real fast to be there lol.

cant wait to see some videos of this race!!
Gotta get fast for Dominic to give you the directions to racewars lol

Last edited by ZFreie; 02-24-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:01 AM
12 Second Club

hey man, i live my life a 1/4 mile at a time. 16 seconds or less, im free.

but i run 9's bro. i got cherry bomb muffler and HIDs
Old 02-24-2012, 11:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 157 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by supergenius
I <3 you.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting. Will leave open for more **** talking assuming this is going down soon.

What's the power and weight of the car that apparently puts stock GSXR 1000's to shame? What's the altitude up there?
Old 02-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Teching In

Not "puts to shame", rahter.... gets by them... WHhch is shamefull enough... There are a BUNCH of gay "street" Hondas up here that make 700-1000 WHP that get around liter bikes... There are a bunch of FWD garbageboxes that do it everyewhere.

Seattle is basically sea level... Id guestimate our "spots" elevation maybe 100-150 feet
Old 02-24-2012, 11:35 AM
12 Second Club

.... and the power and weight of the car???
Old 02-24-2012, 12:32 PM
TECH Addict

Not "puts to shame", rahter.... gets by them... WHhch is shamefull enough... There are a BUNCH of gay "street" Hondas up here that make 700-1000 WHP that get around liter bikes... There are a bunch of FWD garbageboxes that do it everyewhere.

Seattle is basically sea level... Id guestimate our "spots" elevation maybe 100-150 feet
.... and the power and weight of the car???
x2? I don't care about the "gay street Hondas", I'm curious about the car in question that you implied a GSXR 1000 was no match for with your first post. Define "gets by them". Can you beat them with a good rider in a legit 100 mph roll race (40-140 or 60-160, for example)?
Old 02-24-2012, 12:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
x2? I don't care about the "gay street Hondas", I'm curious about the car in question that you implied a GSXR 1000 was no match for with your first post. Define "gets by them". Can you beat them with a good rider in a legit 100 mph roll race (40-140 or 60-160, for example)?
Taken from another post in this section:

Hi. LOL. Yes, they can.

My shitpile makes over 750 on C16 at 35 PSI with boost falling off to 31-32 on the dyno up top. (Turbos about maxxed and I have no interest in making more)at the wheels and traps better than 145. Full interior and now that the Autometers out of it... Looks pretty ******* stock....Yes, M&Hs every day. G60s now. Plants all of 520 pump tune by 3rd gear and 7-750 in fourth. It hooks very well, like a dirty slutty crack ***** for a hit.

If youre not trapping 148 or better youre not coming around this pile of **** on the freeway. It hooks and goes... Ask some of the local guys that have seen it, dissapearing in front of them LOL

5th gear 700 WHP pull:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXSid...eature=related

Tires were spinning a bit up top and boost falling off 3 PSI due to the dyno not holding load :O(

Consiedreing it slammed the boost cut when I put it on the street and it made another 3-4 PSI when it hit the cut, well... You get the idea ;O)

Cars in here with some cars you guys will recognize from here and the bullet etc

Old 02-24-2012, 01:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
Taken from another post in this section:
That car definitely has the power:weight to come around hard up top where a stock liter bike starts running out of steam, but it's hard to imagine it hooks up well enough in kill mode from a legit roll to come by a liter bike by 140 or 160 respectively? Obviously top end it's gonna pass them at some point, but are these just top speed runs you guys do? Where do you come by them?

PS - not trying to dog the car as it's a badass setup, just curious. A lot of cars out there will come around bikes top end, but everyone seems to like to run bikes to infinity and beyond to say they beat them, but really it was just catchup once the bike gets to the point where aerodynamics take over. And you implied a GSXR 1000 was no match for your car, which I imagine it isn't if you go to warp speed. Any videos of the run?

Last edited by PewterScreaminMach; 02-24-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Teching In

I applaud you for actually understanding the limitations of the bikes (esp with regards to aero limits) soooo many idiots think a bike is so slick through the air. Nice to tlak to people that know what the **** theyre takling about.

That would be the "Gay street Honda" 40 roll. Sometimes random pokes at squids on the freeways yield 60-70 rolls (which are better for MY odds )

"GETS BY THEM", pretty self explanatory i

as meaning even if the bike gets out, I GET BY THEM.... The bike doesnt come back around unntil l run out of gear at 160ish.. Pretty safe to say even coming around a NEW liter bike is a feat in a 4 door Jap shitbox on hubcaps. No?

I mean, I see your avitar, how would it make you feel to look at my tailights at ALL, at ANY point of the pull against the above car :O)

Ive played with randoms on the freeway I cant speak for their ability, and a couple guys I KNOW that I can... That I KNOW dint want to lose as they KNEW how much **** Id talk...

160ish Lb riders with big *****.... They usually get out about 2 bikes on the hit (depending... OBVIOUSLY in the meat of the bgand and not in too high of a gear) then Id reel them in (older piped bikes and newer stock ones)....

Newer bike with pipe tune and other goodies im sure Im not going to be so lucky ;O)
Old 02-24-2012, 01:14 PM
TECH Addict

That would be the "Gay street Honda" 40 roll. Sometimes random pokes at squids on the freeways yield 60-70 rolls (which are better for MY odds )

"GETS BY THEM", pretty self explanitory is it not??

as meaning even if the bike gets out, I GET BY THEM.... The bike doesnt come back around unntil l run out of gear at 160ish.. Pretty safe to say even coming around a NEW liter bike is a feat in a 4 door Jap shitbox on hubcaps. No?

I mean, I see your avitar, how would it make you feel to look at my tailights at ALL, at ANY point of the pull against the above car :O)

Ive played with randoms on the freeway I cant speak for their ability, and a couple guys I KNOW that I can... That I KNOW dint want to lose as they KNEW how much **** Id talk...

160ish Lb riders with big *****.... They usually get out about 2 bikes on the hit (depending... OBVIOUSLY in the meat of the bgand and not in too high of a gear) then Id reel them in (older piped bikes and newer stock ones)....

Newer bike with pipe tune and other goodies im sure Im not going to be so lucky ;O)
See my above post (you may have missed it as it was posted right before yours). Not trying to talk **** as it's a badass build, just trying to get details. A stock GSXR 1000 with a good rider (I stress "good rider", which is a rarity) will be trapping only a few mph off of what you do and they're losing steam at that point compared to how hard they pull in their lower gears. So I'm just trying to gauge the ability of these riders here as it sounds like it should be a pretty good race from 40-160 if the rider knows how to kill it. I'm also trying to figure out how you hookup at 40mph well enough to even think about catching a liter bike before 160. 750+ to the FRONT wheels makes it hard to believe.

Regardless, very nice car and build. Now I wanna see some video and results from all the Sticks-related **** talking and banter!
Old 02-24-2012, 01:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Spiker (superG's) car is one of the VERY few hondas that deserve respect.

I just wish fatboy would quit ******* with that FWD crap and build something with a RWD Turbo LS platform. (You know u want to)

Old 02-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Teching In

See my above post (you may have missed it as it was posted right before yours). Not trying to talk **** as it's a badass build, just trying to get details. A stock GSXR 1000 with a good rider (I stress "good rider", which is a rarity) will be trapping only a few mph off of what you do and they're losing steam at that point compared to how hard they pull in their lower gears. So I'm just trying to gauge the ability of these riders here as it sounds like it should be a pretty good race from 40-160 if the rider knows how to kill it. I'm also trying to figure out how you hookup at 40mph well enough to even think about catching a liter bike before 160. 750+ to the FRONT wheels makes it hard to believe.

Regardless, very nice car and build. Now I wanna see some video and results from all the Sticks-related **** talking and banter!

LOL was editing the post as you typed :O) Its a bit more along what I was trying to say now.... :O) Trust me, I know my **** isnt the fastest around... But it is DEFINATELY one of the sneakiest and leaves grown mens feelings hurt, alot. Which is all I was after

Thank you for the comments.

~Spike

Quick Reply: Callout: Sticks n Stones