Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach 1 vs LS3 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 02:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ponygt65

Yep...I've NEVER heard that one before...ever....never...ever...on a GM site, while P/P'ing my modular heads to fit on my '91 5.0.

The stupidity of the average mustang owner is ridiculous. Kind of like this kid who had a bolt on 2V with a big sticker on the back that said LS1's are Slow....You guys are characters.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
The stupidity of the average mustang owner is ridiculous. Kind of like this kid who had a bolt on 2V with a big sticker on the back that said LS1's are Slow....You guys are characters.
The stupidity of any narrow minded brand extremist is ridiculous. Mustang, import, dodge, GM......stupidity is not brand loyal. I couldn't tell you how many ignorant GM/Dodge guys I've run into (and don't get me started on the import guys).

Dodge owner: 100 HP more on a simple chip change for the challengers.

GM Owner: His V6 Fbod was faster than a V8 (didn't know what an LS or LT was) because it was made in Canada and they have a special chip that gives the V6's 300 HP from the factory.

I could go on......
Old 05-22-2012, 03:18 PM
Teching In

The stupidity of any narrow minded brand extremist is ridiculous. Mustang, import, dodge, GM......stupidity is not brand loyal. I couldn't tell you how many ignorant GM/Dodge guys I've run into (and don't get me started on the import guys).

Dodge owner: 100 HP more on a simple chip change for the challengers.

GM Owner: His V6 Fbod was faster than a V8 (didn't know what an LS or LT was) because it was made in Canada and they have a special chip that gives the V6's 300 HP from the factory.

I could go on......
I see your point but how many brands complain about mustang owners think about it...
Old 05-22-2012, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mopar and AMG whats your point?

2013 426 Hemi 600hp 6-Speed looks like mopar is doing fine to me...
So, is this where I post up a picture of a car made by chevy that I dont own thats better and say I win?

~edit~ my point was, pot calling kettle black. Up until a few years ago dodge was a joke minus the viper.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:24 PM
***Repost Police***

I see your point but how many brands complain about mustang owners think about it...
There are just WAY more Mustangs out there than any similar car...percentage wise, it's really the same for all "performance" cars.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
There are just WAY more Mustangs out there than any similar car...percentage wise, it's really the same for all "performance" cars.
I think I see four times as many v6 stangs then v8s, and I NEVER see v6 camaros or birds lol

I know 50+ stangs in my areas and...3 f-bodys. lol
Old 05-22-2012, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Agreed. For me, it is crazy how when you go from place to place the car crowds you see. Even in Iowa.

In Des Moines, all I see are Mustangs of any year and 5th gen Camaros. In Ames, all I see are Mustangs. In Okoboji, all I see are C5's and Mustangs.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:57 PM
12 Second Club

In the last three states I've lived in, KY, VA, GA, we call Mustangs "me toos." For example: What do you drive? A mustang. Really? Me too. LOL
Old 05-22-2012, 06:39 PM
Teching In

Typical charger owner... Here is a check and thanks for working on my car ,now tell me what you did and how it works so I can act like I know what's going on. J/k .......kinda
Old 05-22-2012, 06:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by whatsnext
Typical charger owner... Here is a check and thanks for working on my car ,now tell me what you did and how it works so I can act like I know what's going on. J/k .......kinda
I actually was thinking the same thing while reading this thread. lol. Checkbook racers. I guess supporting vendors have to stay in business somehow.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:06 PM
12 Second Club

Typical mustang owners in denial......
Old 05-22-2012, 07:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ****** srt8
Typical mustang owners in denial......
WTF is a AFE stage II CAI? SRT's have different stages of a piece of plastic that mounts to a TB? If thats not a marketing tool I don't know what is. Who's in denial again?
Old 05-22-2012, 07:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
WTF is a AFE stage II CAI? SRT's have different stages of a piece of plastic that mounts to a TB? If thats not a marketing tool I don't know what is. Who's in denial again?
lets not talk marketing tool with ford bringing the 5.0 back.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:21 PM
12 Second Club

Wow. I'm disappointed. Of all the things that you could have gone with like number of doors or weight and you went with that.... Apparently you are showing your knowledge base of the different types/brands of components. Atleast when I talk about the Mustang I have a better knowledge base of them than I do my Charger having owned and modded multiple mustangs to the one Dodge.

Got bored and decided to come on and be the daily D-bag........
Old 05-22-2012, 07:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Thanks for the new sig, Bitemark.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

And how many different brands/models are sold COMBINED to equal what a mustang has done since April of 1964?

Think about it.

Take simple grammar school mathmatics and add in some common sense.

No other american performance car has been produced every year since 1964. Rarely has any other model matched production numbers each year. Throw in a lower resale price and what do you have?

More mustangs on the road than any other brand...sadly, it is also more affordable so the 'younger'/less knowledged crowd can easily pick one up.

Didn't realize a lowly ole mustang guy had to spell out the obvious to a brainiac Charger owner.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:54 PM
12 Second Club

And how many different brands/models are sold COMBINED to equal what a mustang has done since April of 1964?

No other american performance car has been produced every year since 1964. Rarely has any other model matched production numbers each year. Throw in a lower resale price and what do you have?

More mustangs on the road than any other brand...sadly, it is also more affordable so the 'younger'/less knowledged crowd can easily pick one up.

Didn't realize a lowly ole mustang guy had to spell out the obvious to a brainiac Charger owner.
No argument about that.

55% of the time I will stand up for the Mustang crowd. 45% of the time they are stuck on stupid. If you want to see some real delusional people check out the Charger/Challenger forums. I won't even post there..........

Last edited by willys srt8; 05-22-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Slapattack
Charger SRT8:

1/4:13.75 at 103mph
Old 05-22-2012, 09:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have a stage 3 thermostat
Old 05-22-2012, 09:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 431 Likes on 338 Posts

Think about it.

Take simple grammar school mathmatics and add in some common sense.

Just to throw a little more insight into your mustang is the greatest car of all time post.

2v stangs actually out sold ls1 Camaro's.........to me that puts Mustang owners in their own league of dumbasses ......I mean really ......you guys bought that ****.....l

Quick Reply: Mach 1 vs LS3 Camaro