Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Me vs Turbo Civic

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
Heres a piston and rod k20 on 18psi vs a build motor maggie 5th gen.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3418269730399

fkn lol spun 2 whole gears with a passenger and the 5th gen could only muster up 2 cars while the civic was spinning.

See how stupid you look?

That k24 must have been on 4psi and untuned. Stock motor they are capable of making 6s.

mmmm wut?

A couple things to realize:

1) civic has 646whp and weighs a lot less
2) Fbook claims built motor and maggie, yet states 325 drag radials. 325 don't fit on any camaro, which leads me to believe the honda owner doesn't even what actual mods the 5th gen has.
3) If it is supercharged, to get walked like that by a 646whp civic it probably only has a maggie and runs 6-8psi meaning it is probably 500rwhp...
4) I don't really give a **** about someone elses 5th gen. You can show me 500 slow 5th gens, because I know most of them are slow, but please bring me a 600whp civic that will do that to me.
5) xoxo
Old 07-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by V8EATR
I disagree. A full weight civic isn't pulling like that with 300whp. MAYBE 350whp. Like I said I have raced plenty of civic's integras with 300whp and NONE of them have pulled like that. I could see it being pretty even with 300whp but not when its pulling like that. Im betting that car weighs about 1k less than mine and if it makes 100 less whp that doesn't equal a huge pull.
Like you previously stated you don't know anything about civics. A low 3's civic is a 115-120 mph car depending what chassis its in. What does your bolt on gto trap? I dont see whats not to believe he weighs a good 1000lbs+ less than you and makes 90whp less.

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Who cares whats in it. Its slow
I dont.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
What kind of tires was he on? I ran a turbo Honda recently that made 467 whp, but he was on street tires and couldn't hook to save it's life. Never started pulling back, even though it had the power to murder me.
Some awful street tires. Glad it did too otherwise I would have been beat bad. They looke like some cheap walmart brand or something and they werent wider than a 205 if that. But thats not really my problem haha.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another useless Honda
Who cares whats in it. Its slow
You're onto something...
Old 07-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Staging Lane

Like you previously stated you don't know anything about civics. A low 3's civic is a 115-120 mph car depending what chassis its in. What does your bolt on gto trap? I dont see whats not to believe he weighs a good 1000lbs+ less than you and makes 90whp less.

I dont.
You really think a full weight civic with 300whp is a 120mph car? In a gutted CRX maybe. Dude, you can get your panties in a bundle all you want, maybe I touched some previous import nerve you must have, sorry.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Staging Lane

You really think a full weight civic with 300whp is a 120mph car? In a gutted CRX maybe. Dude, you can get your panties in a bundle all you want, maybe I touched some previous import nerve you must have, sorry.
lol typical honda owners... think they have fast cars and the ones that do can't even hook them and have to go from a 120mph roll.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Balt2nv
LMFAO!!!! wow are you serious??? I do believe he even let out a couple times in the video and still came right up next to you like nothing......smdh at other ppls children
Your a special kind of stupid aren't you? I don't see where he was letting off. He was shifting, which if you didn't know, causes a loss of boost pressure and it needs to be built back up. Thats how that works. So that "whooshing" sound you hear goes away between shifts. Now you know. Also what does that have to do with a single cam on 10psi?
Old 07-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
mmmm wut?

A couple things to realize:

1) civic has 646whp and weighs a lot less
2) Fbook claims built motor and maggie, yet states 325 drag radials. 325 don't fit on any camaro, which leads me to believe the honda owner doesn't even what actual mods the 5th gen has.
3) If it is supercharged, to get walked like that by a 646whp civic it probably only has a maggie and runs 6-8psi meaning it is probably 500rwhp...
4) I don't really give a **** about someone elses 5th gen. You can show me 500 slow 5th gens, because I know most of them are slow, but please bring me a 600whp civic that will do that to me.
5) xoxo
lolumad

Simple built motor maggie 5th gen getting the bus by a civic. Owner of the camaro told him outright "the cars built im not going to waste my time on a civic if its not making power" we told him the power the civic had, he accepted and got yanked. Him on ccws and skinnys up front ready to go. Like they say run what you brung, civic was the fastest car out there that night. Why share a video if you get mad when someone else shares a video.

The civic on the first night it was out stopped the pull on a 137mph GTR from the GTRs roll. Just to give you an idea of what the civic traps all on stock sleeves and 1998cc of fury. Cars now maxing out the turbo and making low 7s. still waiting for 5th gen to step up.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Staging Lane

lol typical honda owners... think they have fast cars and the ones that do can't even hook them and have to go from a 120mph roll.
Right? So many hondas are setup so poorly its easy to pick out a race in a parking lot. 9 times out of 10, its not going to make enough power to be fast enough, or its going to be on some **** tire and make too much power, hence, what happened here.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Banned

Right? So many hondas are setup so poorly its easy to pick out a race in a parking lot. 9 times out of 10, its not going to make enough power to be fast enough, or its going to be on some **** tire and make too much power, hence, what happened here.
You are completely right. Literally 90% are set up like dog ****. Honestly the group of people i know are the only ones who have there cars setup somewhat proper.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Staging Lane

lolumad

Simple built motor maggie 5th gen getting the bus by a civic. Owner of the camaro told him outright "the cars built im not going to waste my time on a civic if its not making power" we told him the power the civic had, he accepted and got yanked. Him on ccws and skinnys up front ready to go. Like they say run what you brung, civic was the fastest car out there that night. Why share a video if you get mad when someone else shares a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXPEXCim6eM

The civic on the first night it was out stopped the pull on a 137mph GTR from the GTRs roll. Just to give you an idea of what the civic traps all on stock sleeves and 1998cc of fury. Cars now maxing out the turbo and making low 7s. still waiting for 5th gen to step up.

Im on stock sleeves too. Oh and I beat that civic that I raced in the video.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Staging Lane

lolumad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXPEXCim6eM

The civic on the first night it was out stopped the pull on a 137mph GTR from the GTRs roll. Just to give you an idea of what the civic traps all on stock sleeves and 1998cc of fury.

I'm not mad at all. I'm simply letting you know that most 5th gen owners claim built motors because they have injectors.

325 doesn't fit on a 5th gen. You have to cut to make it fit.
I'm running 305 slicks. 315s are hard to fit.

I bet you that civic will not be able to pull that on a properly built 5th gen with similar power.. Why? Because you CAN get a 5th gen to hook at 650-660rwhp and the maggie is a torque monster... It would take like 150mph to catch the car.

Just saying. No need to get mad Defender of the Hondas. They're still gay no matter how fast they go. And there a couple interesting 5th gens coming out to the camaro5fest to debut their times. Lots of them shooting for 8 and I think 1 even shooting for 7s at FULL weight.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Banned

I'm not mad at all. I'm simply letting you know that most 5th gen owners claim built motors because they have injectors.

325 doesn't fit on a 5th gen. You have to cut to make it fit.
I'm running 305 slicks. 315s are hard to fit.

I bet you that civic will not be able to pull that on a properly built 5th gen with similar power.. Why? Because you CAN get a 5th gen to hook at 650-660rwhp and the maggie is a torque monster... It would take like 150mph to catch the car.

Just saying. No need to get mad Defender of the Hondas. They're still gay no matter how fast they go.
See that's were your opinion is just that your opinion. I can sit here and say 5th gens are gay because they resemble a tank but that has no bearing on anything because its MY opinion. Like i previously said hardly any car steps up to the civic, all he does is race bikes because 90% of the time its the only things worth racing at the meets. Like i previously said believe what you like. Tan tararan! the defender of all 5th gens has spoken.

Im on stock sleeves too. Oh and I beat that civic that I raced in the video.
Congrats, nice kill.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Staging Lane

I hardly defend 5th gens, I just know when I am right and you're wrong, and I am right.

I'm right 102% of the time btw so don't even argue with me anymore.

Thanks.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Banned

Like you previously said, you know nothing about civics. Your input on what is and what can't be done is invalid.

I hardly defend 5th gens, I just know when I am right and you're wrong, and I am right.

I'm right 102% of the time btw so don't even argue with me anymore.

Thanks.
Cool. The 5th gen gahd has spoken.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Staging Lane

I know enough about civic's to handle myself in a parking lot. I obviously knew enough about this one to pick it out. You think all hondas @ 300whp are scud missiles. Which is untrue. If your so upset you get one of you honda buddies to come race me? Remember the camera guy in this race has a 10sec full weight civic and another one of our friends has a hatch that made 646whp on 26psi, with a stroked b16 and is turning up the wick to 40+psi this year and that thing is a god damned rocket. But a 2500lb 300whp civic isn't going to wow anyone.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:29 PM
10 Second Club

edit...
Old 07-09-2012, 06:32 PM
10 Second Club

At the end of the day, you could have the fastest civic in America, and you'd still be ******* gay for driving a civic.

You can put perfume on **** but it's still ****.
lol this should be the reply to lightningteg's 1st post..lol
Old 07-09-2012, 06:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Honda's are poop
Old 07-09-2012, 07:21 PM
12 Second Club

You really think a full weight civic with 300whp is a 120mph car?
Just to be clear, are you implying that your bolton GTO is a near 120 car?

Quick Reply: Me vs Turbo Civic