Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 10:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 07-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by usnfenix
hell yeah there are blowers that top the maggie torque wise. the two i mentioned above do, the kb or the whipple. both will make more power and torque than a maggie. look at a build on this site of an ls2 with a whipple and it puts out over 800rwhp and a monster amount of torque.

imagine that on the new camaro motor, and theres your 900rwhp mark with blower and blower cam. its similar to the build im doing in my vette now, ls2 with a 4.0l whipple
I got my maggie for 4k. A KB requires a new hood so you're looking at like 7k for the KB and 1k for the hood. Whipple was also an excellent choice but I got my maggie at a good price.

I was going to get a paxton originally but found this one was 2k less and i originally never wanted to get over 600rwhp. My buddy is buying an ls3 vette and wants to buy my maggie off me. If he does I will ugprade to a procharger.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thing about the procharger is yes you can make more peak power than a twin screw but centri's have a similar boost lag effect that turbos do. They won't enter full boost range till high rpm. I like the twin screw because you have all that power down low and up top. Plus I have no hood issues since its non f body car.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:27 AM
Staging Lane

Thing about the procharger is yes you can make more peak power than a twin screw but centri's have a similar boost lag effect that turbos do. They won't enter full boost range till high rpm. I like the twin screw because you have all that power down low and up top. Plus I have no hood issues since its non f body car.
This is exactly what I tell procharger guys, but they seem to run a lot faster than roots guys at the track.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thing about the procharger is yes you can make more peak power than a twin screw but centri's have a similar boost lag effect that turbos do. They won't enter full boost range till high rpm. I like Thumb twin screw because you have all that power down low and up top. Plus I have no hood issues since its non f body car.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sry. Double post on a smart phone that's acting dumb. Neway I don't track tho the vette will be a street car where the torque matters. I think the twin screw will do just fine
Old 07-10-2012, 02:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Lightningteg, want to get down this weekend?
Old 07-10-2012, 05:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by clonedws6
Lightningteg, want to get down this weekend?
Dammit man you have the worst timing lol. I'm helping my buddy up in Kokomo get his motor built in time for WMHM up at Gingerman which will be all next weekend for me. So it'll be a few weeks before Im in the southside again.

What are you rolling in again so I know to look for you?
Old 07-10-2012, 06:03 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

One more time!!!

Honda's are POOP!
Old 07-10-2012, 07:11 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
One more time!!!

Honda's are POOP!
Old 07-10-2012, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

In reference to blowers... Out of all the roots blowers out right now... I would take the one atop 2ssarmes car. The TVS2300 has proven its potential in stone. Everyone hates on it because of the old Maggie 112s atop the 03/04 cobra. After having years of being the worst heat soaking blower on the planet, they now have the absolute most consistent efficient roots blower out there. Sure you can get a bit more power out of the 3+ liter roots blowers... but they are not consistent by any means. And apparently making 800whp with a tvs2300 and running as consistent as an N/A car isnt what people want. I guess most people would much rather just run a 2.8 Kenne bell and make 850 but get 1 pass out of the car and have to let it cool down for 30 minutes. The Zr1 and new GT500 alone should prove the TVS blowers potential. Both north of trapping 140 mph... one of which being a god damn 4000lb tank. People need to do a bit more research on the TVS series before labeling it as just another "maggie". As far as centri vs roots, It all depends on the cars setup. My boss for example.... would get nothing but a centri blower. Its light, revs to the moon, geared to the moon... Centri! On a much heavier car with a lot less rev and gear, a roots blower all day long. There is not a BETTER style of blower... only better setups to give the blowers all the credit. People usually forget about the entire cars setup that the blower is attached to. Im so tired of hearing that roots blower cars are nothing but tire fryers and suck on the roll... thats failure to setup a car right. And im tired of hearing about how centris make only good peak power but are very laggie. Again, failure to setup a car right. Anyway... rant is over.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Staging Lane

People also forget that the tvs2300 in particular has probably one of the best and most consistent/impressive torque curves out there. Literally full torque at 2k rpm and carried ALL THE WAY across, non dipping.

They are tire fryers in that you won't ever hook without slicks... literally. Full suspension and DRs and you'll still blow your tires off if you're above 600rwtq, but that can be said for any car... just that 600rwtq at 2k rpm is different than 600wtq at 5500.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:12 AM
On The Tree

Oh I love these kind of threads, so entertaining.
My car will beat them all.... someday. And the whole build cost me less then one of your blowers
Old 07-10-2012, 11:25 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Diggin the cf turtle shell.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Have you driven a Centri? Mine doesn't have any lag.

This is exactly what I tell procharger guys, but they seem to run a lot faster than roots guys at the track.
Bingo. I have waxed similiar powered roots blown cars at the track with my fox. Yes they have more power than me down low but they can't hook and they suffer from heak soak way worse than me.

Thing about the procharger is yes you can make more peak power than a twin screw but centri's have a similar boost lag effect that turbos do. They won't enter full boost range till high rpm. I like Thumb twin screw because you have all that power down low and up top. Plus I have no hood issues since its non f body car.
Thats utter nonsense. Lag??? I suggest you drive a modern centri before posting that.

People also forget that the tvs2300 in particular has probably one of the best and most consistent/impressive torque curves out there. Literally full torque at 2k rpm and carried ALL THE WAY across, non dipping.

They are tire fryers in that you won't ever hook without slicks... literally. Full suspension and DRs and you'll still blow your tires off if you're above 600rwtq, but that can be said for any car... just that 600rwtq at 2k rpm is different than 600wtq at 5500.
Yup.

Originally Posted by evangto87
In reference to blowers... Out of all the roots blowers out right now... I would take the one atop 2ssarmes car. The TVS2300 has proven its potential in stone. Everyone hates on it because of the old Maggie 112s atop the 03/04 cobra. After having years of being the worst heat soaking blower on the planet, they now have the absolute most consistent efficient roots blower out there. Sure you can get a bit more power out of the 3+ liter roots blowers... but they are not consistent by any means. And apparently making 800whp with a tvs2300 and running as consistent as an N/A car isnt what people want. I guess most people would much rather just run a 2.8 Kenne bell and make 850 but get 1 pass out of the car and have to let it cool down for 30 minutes. The Zr1 and new GT500 alone should prove the TVS blowers potential. Both north of trapping 140 mph... one of which being a god damn 4000lb tank. People need to do a bit more research on the TVS series before labeling it as just another "maggie". As far as centri vs roots, It all depends on the cars setup. My boss for example.... would get nothing but a centri blower. Its light, revs to the moon, geared to the moon... Centri! On a much heavier car with a lot less rev and gear, a roots blower all day long. There is not a BETTER style of blower... only better setups to give the blowers all the credit. People usually forget about the entire cars setup that the blower is attached to. Im so tired of hearing that roots blower cars are nothing but tire fryers and suck on the roll... thats failure to setup a car right. And im tired of hearing about how centris make only good peak power but are very laggie. Again, failure to setup a car right. Anyway... rant is over.

Good post.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Magnuson actually did a test between the MP112, Whipple 2.3(or 2.9) and a procharger(don't remember the type) and the maggie carried a way stronger torque than any of the other blowers tested... True on top the whipple shined but at low end nothing out performs a maggie... lovin the wing on the turtle shell!!
Old 07-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Staging Lane

Mike.
I have missed you.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Awww. I am shocked you have not been busted yet
Broke my ankle and need surgury. I am going crazy not driving
Old 07-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by V8EATR
Let me explain myself a little bit better. When he was asked about his mods he said......ahhhh......single cam. Then how much boost he said.....ahhhh.....10psi. Thats more the reason I was referring to his BS. Now my honda friends are telling me even with a 6262 a single cam isn't making more than 300whp. That car (full weight, had a full interior and a roll bar/cage thing) isn't pulling like that with 300whp. I have raced many 300whp hondas that weren't gutted out and the results were not in their favor. It could have been a single cam with more than 10 psi, OR some sort of B or H series with 10psi, but it didn't have a single cam and 10psi. Sorry.
i call major bs on this, i have personally witnessed a 300 hp honda hatch run side by side with a 500hp turbo 08 stang. unless those drivers just didnt know how the heck to drive. btw it was a stock b18 with a head and a cheap turbo kit pushing 12 psi. dont beleive me?
theres no way a fat *** gto with under 400hp would even touch this car
Old 07-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Arctic
i call major bs on this, i have personally witnessed a 300 hp honda hatch run side by side with a 500hp turbo 08 stang. unless those drivers just didnt know how the heck to drive. btw it was a stock b18 with a head and a cheap turbo kit pushing 12 psi. dont beleive me?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB2VtcklZdA&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QIL6rrN3es&feature=plcp
theres no way a fat *** gto with under 400hp would even touch this car
inb4 everyone ignores or denies this. lawllll

Funniest thing is the car looks shitty, and everyone on here would def talk **** about it if they came across it, im sure after a run there mouth will be shut real fast though. Funnest thing i miss about civics, you are always underestimated.

Quick Reply: Me vs Turbo Civic