Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Toxic c6 vs 2011 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 10:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
They're probably forgiato's or something. Not my style though.

Just thought if someone can afford to spend almost 10k (almost half the price of the actual car) in rims and tires they would own something better than the slowest of the c6 line up...Is that derp enough for you?
Its got h/c spray,Z51 package, bunch other customer crap, built up tranny. Its paid off as well. He bought it new. He actually just waiting on the C7 to hit dealers.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$7500 on wheels and he owns an Ls2 vette? wtf.
They're probably forgiato's or something. Not my style though.

Just thought if someone can afford to spend almost 10k (almost half the price of the actual car) in rims and tires they would own something better than the slowest of the c6 line up...Is that derp enough for you?
Who cares how he mods his car with his money?

I find it amusing how a guy talking about how he wished he could afford Kooks headers on an Fbody is downplaying an LS2 C6. A C6 is, regardless of "base model" and all of those terrible things a very capable car
Old 01-25-2013, 10:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Oh trust me I know. A friend of mine has a TT one and I pretty damn fast but I could only imagine how fast it would be at f body weight let alone at what my cars weighs.
In my neck of the woods, your average F-body makes a C6 look a little chubby.

That setup in an F-body at St. Louis F-body weight...

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
H/C setups have made 500-550whp on the 5.0.
I'm not calling BS, but I sift through SVTP a decent amount, and aside from that initial cammed 5.0, I haven't seen any cammed or heads/cams 5.0s. Care to enlighten me? You make it sound like they are plentiful so odd that I missed them. Some links would be nice, especially to these 550rwhp ones.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick

I'm not calling BS, but I sift through SVTP a decent amount, and aside from that initial cammed 5.0, I haven't seen any cammed or heads/cams 5.0s. Care to enlighten me? You make it sound like they are plentiful so odd that I missed them. Some links would be nice, especially to these 550rwhp ones.
Yeah I've seen the videos. Not of the 5.0's of course.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Who cares how he mods his car with his money?

I find it amusing how a guy talking about how he wished he could afford Kooks headers on an Fbody is downplaying an LS2 C6. A C6 is, regardless of "base model" and all of those terrible things a very capable car
Dude did you not read what my last post on the last page? Im not downplaying the car. Im simply saying if he can afford to shell out that cash on used wheels why doesn't he own a C6Z? Im not saying cause its an LS2 C6 it shouldn't be modded that way. You guys are retarded. As for me not affording kooks, you can't either....so?

Its got h/c spray,Z51 package, bunch other customer crap, built up tranny. Its paid off as well. He bought it new. He actually just waiting on the C7 to hit dealers.
Oh, gotcha.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:20 PM
12 Second Club

Most people can afford Kooks, it's just whether they want to or not. My old Z28, I bought Pacesetters, $270 shipped to my door. Fit perfect, no issues. This time I'm stepping up to the TSP 1 7/8" $530 I think...Kooks aren't too much more, but I see no reason to get them even though I can afford them.

I see what you're saying about the wheels on an LS2 car though, but I can see why others aren't.

...wtf, I just agreed with Adama...must've caught the flu.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:21 PM
10 Second Club

I will find the links. I know of 3 that have made 500-550whp n/a. Full bolt ons, ported heads, cams, drive shaft etc.

You just don't see a lot of these builds cause its cheaper to put a blower on it. They are charging 1500 for cams, 1000-2000 for porting heads, still have to do forged internals.

Last edited by ohioborn80; 01-25-2013 at 11:55 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:25 PM
Banned

Most people can afford Kooks, it's just whether they want to or not. My old Z28, I bought Pacesetters, $270 shipped to my door. Fit perfect, no issues. This time I'm stepping up to the TSP 1 7/8" $530 I think...Kooks aren't too much more, but I see no reason to get them even though I can afford them.

I see what you're saying about the wheels on an LS2 car though, but I can see why others aren't.

...wtf, I just agreed with Adama...must've caught the flu.
I paid $220 shipped for my paceshitters. Can't beat em for the price.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:29 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah I've seen the videos. Not of the 5.0's of course.
Just saw your post/offer in the TX2K13 thread. I'll gladly take you up on the offer if the seat is open.

Hoping to jump around cars a lot really over the Wed-Sat nights. Can't wait for March!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

**** if you have to do all of that should have just got a vette in the first place. Toxic all you have to do is drive it down here and you'll get plenty of action.
Not sure i understand what "all that" is. The list of weight reduction i listed came from simply replacing parts. Those parts were not done to lose weight, that was just an extra bonus. And that statement about "should have just got a vette in the first place" is a bit pompous. I could have bought an ls2 or an ls3 vette instead of my boss. But i didnt want one. I wanted a boss. Just like people want ZL1s, challengers, etc etc...all for the same price. People like different cars based off of there preferances, likes, and opinions. By you saying your statement like that... it makes you sound like you think your better then everyone who didnt buy a vette. Dont get me wrong, i like vettes....and i like yours. But by no means do i feel inferior to you in anyway because i dont own one. I enjoy modding cars. I enjoy making them handle better, making them make more power, making them use the power more efficiently etc etc. I didnt have to ruin or gut my car to drop weight. I simply modded the car and enjoyed my hobby. Hardly any work at all.

That is all..
Old 01-25-2013, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28
Looks like it's going to take a shop's purpose built race car to beat it in the 1/4...but it still won't hang on a roll

Won't matter that it's only been out 3 years, as soon as the Gen V LT1 is out it's going to look a lot like 1997-2002 for Ford
I highly doubt that... but i always look forward to new technologies of different brands. I like the rivalry and competition. What i dont like is the douchebaggery and nutswinging that comes from each side of it.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will find the links. I know of 3 that have made 500-550whp n/a. Full bolt ons, ported heads, cams, drive shaft etc.
So becasue there are 3 out of thousands(.03%) then it becomes common for your average H/C Coyote to make 500-550rwhp

Coming from the same dude that said all 5.0's ran 11's bone-stock

Last edited by CyberGrey Z28; 01-25-2013 at 11:44 PM. Reason: ...
Old 01-25-2013, 11:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

So becasue there are 3 out of thousands(.03%) then it becomes common for your average H/C Coyote to make 500-550rwhp

Coming from the same dude that said every 5.0's ran 11's bone-stock
i agree he def over hypes what they can do on occasion. But on the 500-550whp part, that is correct. Those are ported heads, aftermarket cam numbers. 100% percent of them have made within that range....however there have only been like 4 of them to spend the 6k(on just heads, cams) it takes to do that lol
Old 01-25-2013, 11:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by evangto87
i agree he def over hypes what they can do on occasion. But on the 500-550whp part, that is correct. Those are ported heads, aftermarket cam numbers. 100% percent of them have made within that range....however there have only been like 4 of them to spend the 6k(on just heads, cams) it takes to do that lol
I hear ya. Believe it or not we have some TPI cult guys in So-Cal that hate on LSX swaps. 3 or 4 have made over 400rwhp(spending $$$$$), impressive but doesn't mean it's the norm.

Looks like the majority of high HP coyote guys just go FI vs. max H/C. I don't blame them, it's cheaper and easier.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

I hear ya. Believe it or not we have some TPI cult guys in So-Cal that hate on LSX swaps. 3 or 4 have made over 400rwhp(spending $$$$$), impressive but doesn't mean it's the norm.

Looks like the majority of high HP coyote guys just go FI vs. max H/C. I don't blame them, it's cheaper and easier.
yea NA is a committment. Run of the mill bolt on coyotes(full exhaust, tune, boss intake, cai, tires) are high teen trapping cars in average air with a decent driver. If they do less then that, its air/driver to blame. If they crest 120mph, there is work done to the car itself. If they do mid 120s... there a lot done to the CAR and the term "bolt on" is down played.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:02 AM
10 Second Club

507whp

The bolt on car jpc did that is pure race car made 500whp jpc claimed as well

Old 01-26-2013, 12:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

507whp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdcOqkpKmug

The bolt on car jpc did that is pure race car made 500whp jpc claimed as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML1KZ..._zjjMw&index=9 .
If it made 500whp... then that means... everything but heads/cams. And probably not 93 octane. Probably makes alot of its power from lack of drivetrain as well.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:06 AM
10 Second Club

Coming from the same dude that said all 5.0's ran 11's bone-stock
When did I ever say they run 11's stock? Oh that's right never. I said low 12's bone stock Oh ya and they have.

And as stated most 99% don't do n/a setups. Cause they can throw a blower on for same price or cheap and make 600-750whp depending on gas, pulley, supporting mods. I made 700whp for about 4700. Blower, injecors, tune, bap.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:10 AM
10 Second Club

If it made 500whp... then that means... everything but heads/cams. And probably not 93 octane. Probably makes alot of its power from lack of drivetrain as well.
Top car is h/c set up..when they first came out. Better cams/head porting now. BUt still cheaper to throw a PAxton on them.

Shell URT race fuel, h/c/tranny swap/lightened gears/spool/driveshaft
Old 01-26-2013, 12:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Just saw your post/offer in the TX2K13 thread. I'll gladly take you up on the offer if the seat is open.

Hoping to jump around cars a lot really over the Wed-Sat nights. Can't wait for March!
You look like you can handle it so if you see me let me know cause you're more than welcome

Not sure i understand what "all that" is. The list of weight reduction i listed came from simply replacing parts. Those parts were not done to lose weight, that was just an extra bonus. And that statement about "should have just got a vette in the first place" is a bit pompous. I could have bought an ls2 or an ls3 vette instead of my boss. But i didnt want one. I wanted a boss. Just like people want ZL1s, challengers, etc etc...all for the same price. People like different cars based off of there preferances, likes, and opinions. By you saying your statement like that... it makes you sound like you think your better then everyone who didnt buy a vette. Dont get me wrong, i like vettes....and i like yours. But by no means do i feel inferior to you in anyway because i dont own one. I enjoy modding cars. I enjoy making them handle better, making them make more power, making them use the power more efficiently etc etc. I didnt have to ruin or gut my car to drop weight. I simply modded the car and enjoyed my hobby. Hardly any work at all.

That is all..
Come one man you're reading into it way too much. I came from having two f bodies and doing all of that stuff to shave weight. Buying aftermarket suspension, wheels, taking the jack and spare tire out, fiberglass hood, etc. my comment was really based on I did it and I wouldn't want to do that again that's why when I got this car it wasn't going to be heavily modded. I love all cars and don't care what you have. If I was a pompous ******* and whatever else you said do you think I would offer my passenger seat to a compete stranger? He might smoke have rabies or some **** lol.

Quick Reply: Toxic c6 vs 2011 5.0