Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Regal vs Boss

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 05:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 427 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by evangto87
First race is the one. Camaro has some exhaust, lid, 4.10s, built trans and ls7 clutch. As far as i know, thats it. 5.0 is a 3.31 car.

Not bad... we will see how things play out
Well it has nothing to do with hio or it woulda pulled a stock 5.0. 2 of the mods he has sucks.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tjwashow
maybe this has been covered before by one of you guys, but doesnt this just mean that you can make any platform fast with that green **** we call money? I love the 302 and the regal is a regal. While it is impressive for that regal, any of us could do that with money. Throw enough money at a geo metro you could make it go fast.
I agree with you on the fact that you can make anything fast with money. Funny thing is that the regal in this vid doesn't have a ton of money into it. Guess most people just don't realize the potential in the platform. That, and lack of aftermarket support.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:37 PM
Teching In

Throw enough money at a geo metro you could make it go fast.
I totally agree!
With that said, I likely have half the money into my car as you have into yours and I'm probably up 100whp on ya (and I started with 100 less ).

Solid logic! Just keep throwing money at it and one day you'll be fast too

Last edited by Ju1ce; 03-18-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

lol, damn Juice you were coming back on here and then bam!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:46 PM
Teching In

Nick, we'll have to meet up and race when my GP gets the heads and meth on. It'll be an epic battle of white trash blower vs. snail
Old 03-18-2013, 05:51 PM
Teching In

Sure thing Ed, Just post my video on GPF so the lemmings can see what I'm up to while they discuss what heat range their plugs should be for a stock engine with 1.9 rockers.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:13 PM
Teching In

I can do that.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
I want to race another Viper
I wish I could help you
Old 03-18-2013, 07:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm maybe 2000 into my car, definitely not a lot for the power. And it's n/a
Old 03-18-2013, 07:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I have about 1500 into my car. All used parts that I got for a decent deal. I'm happy with how it runs for the money.

Zack
Old 03-18-2013, 07:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice. All my parts where new, except my stall. Never used, but I got a good deal.

But my next stages will get expensive fast.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by StealthFRC
the vette is mine. i got all the bugs worked out and it was running great. i was having traction issues. the race against punishment was a 50 roll, i dead hooked, i just couldn't hear the honks so i just waited for him to go... the race against evan was also a 50 but i spun all of 2nd, and spun 3rd until about 6krpm then shifted to 4th, when i shifted to 4th i hooked and that's when it pulled away from the boss.
mods are in my sig, im not running meth tho... its on 10lbs, i also wasn't running mt streets, i had bald *** nitto DR's on it... the car is going under the knife very soon. im in the middle of a build and this is most likely the last anyone will see of it at this stage.
here are some details on the setup going into the car very soon.

engine:
brand new ls2 block
stock bore/stroke
ls9 head gaskets
callies dragonslayer crank
callies ultra I beam rods
coated diamond pistons
total seal rings
slp double chain
slp high volume oil pump
ls6 intake
arp head studs
arp main studs
arp rod bolts
arp hardware
ls2 pan
king bearings

valvetrain:
AFR 230cc heads with inconell exhaust valves. double springs,ti retainers. 72cc chambers
ls7 lifters
ls1/6 rockers
truinon upgrade
arun stage 3 blower cam

dewitts cutdown aluminum radiator

blower:
a&a v3 t trim, 3.1 pulley
10 rib setup from arun
custom 15% IW crank pulley from arun
DP flip drive
tial 50mm bov
custom 4in blower intake

fuel:
holley rails
lpe intank with KB BAP
custom fuel system
magna fuel 4303 pump on boost switch
60lb injectors(for now)
ecs fuel block

exhaust:
kooks 1 7/8 headers
catless x
corsa catback

drive-train:
hinsion motor mounts
rxt clutch
brand new zr1 transmission
c6z diff
rkt56 offset mounts

suspension:
c6 z06 mono spring rear
c6 z51 sway bars front and rear
rear lg motorsports drop spindles

wheels
weld racing rts
17x8 fronts
15x10 rears
275/60/15 mt et streets
with all those nice parts going in why not ditch the t trim for a ysi while you're at it.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:21 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got about $55 and a few ounces I blow worth into my car.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Wotgtp
I can do that.
It's entertaining to see what kind of mental gymnastics a few of them will do to try and somehow discredit what my car is.

So far we have the boss is 'basically stock, save for noise mod and tire'
Coming from the guy who drives a 16 second cobalt and had one hell of a failure of a 3800 setup, it's no surprise that he's epically lost when it comes to faster cars.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:24 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's the plan down the road but i want to see how the car handles 800whp on the road before i go all out.
im sure some would say just put the ysi on now but the t trim is a better blower for 800whp then the YSI would be. the ysi would be very laggy compared to the t trim at this power level
Old 03-18-2013, 10:01 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by willizm
I got about $55 and a few ounces I blow worth into my car.
Hmmmm, I am wondering what you spent the 55$ on?
Old 03-18-2013, 10:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Hmmmm, I am wondering what you spent the 55$ on?
Hint: smells like corn and farts
Old 03-18-2013, 10:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

The hate is strong in this thread It's a Turbo V6, deal with it. This is the same hate that even went around with the old Turbo Buicks back in the day. Some just can't get over the fact that that there's people that just don't care to go the easy path. My dad helped his buddy wreck shop on the streets in the early 90's with his GN. Few cars could touch it outside of those running big blowers and slicks.

If you haven't seen the documentary Black Air, go watch it.

Good runs, goes to show how a well sorted boosted 3800 can do to other performance cars on the road without having to put up giant HP numbers (like 700whp just to run 12's). I will continue to have plans on boosting this car of mine when the time comes. It practically begs for it but it will have to wait...

Also I'm guessing the 6-700hp mark you're saying is also with a better fuel system or do you have it already installed and ready ahead of time? If so, kudos to you, that's the way I plan on doing it. Overbuild it, then work my way up the curve.

I for one am not too worried about final HP numbers. Right now, I'm happy with my meager 220-230 to the wheels as it is a good and reliable daily driver, fires right up even in freezing temps, doesn't try to stall at every light and I still have good power assist brakes. It probably handles better than the majority of the cars on the street here in this town, and I know the car inside and out because I did the majority of the work myself except for things like the exhaust. That's probably more than most can say about their own cars other than what they have on their build sheet from some shop and their credit card statements.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

^what kind of car?
Old 03-18-2013, 11:14 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WarShrike
The hate is strong in this thread It's a Turbo V6, deal with it. This is the same hate that even went around with the old Turbo Buicks back in the day. Some just can't get over the fact that that there's people that just don't care to go the easy path. My dad helped his buddy wreck shop on the streets in the early 90's with his GN. Few cars could touch it outside of those running big blowers and slicks.

If you haven't seen the documentary Black Air, go watch it.

Good runs, goes to show how a well sorted boosted 3800 can do to other performance cars on the road without having to put up giant HP numbers (like 700whp just to run 12's). I will continue to have plans on boosting this car of mine when the time comes. It practically begs for it but it will have to wait...

Also I'm guessing the 6-700hp mark you're saying is also with a better fuel system or do you have it already installed and ready ahead of time? If so, kudos to you, that's the way I plan on doing it. Overbuild it, then work my way up the curve.

I for one am not too worried about final HP numbers. Right now, I'm happy with my meager 220-230 to the wheels as it is a good and reliable daily driver, fires right up even in freezing temps, doesn't try to stall at every light and I still have good power assist brakes. It probably handles better than the majority of the cars on the street here in this town, and I know the car inside and out because I did the majority of the work myself except for things like the exhaust. That's probably more than most can say about their own cars other than what they have on their build sheet from some shop and their credit card statements.
Honestly you get to a point where you make more power than you can put down on the street. I have to peddle my car just to keep it from spinning because the damn turbo spools quick and puts down a ton of torque. I love boost in all cars because it levels the playing field. Sure you can have a big motor making great power, but then again you can have a 3liter straight six make ridiculous power as well.

Quick Reply: Regal vs Boss