Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach at the track

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013 | 10:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

So I'm on a Drag radial.... I run them 24/7 every single day.

Do I have to take them off when I go to the drag strip and put some hard as rock tires on them?

DRs are DOT approved street tires.

That would be like telling you to put all the weight back in your car, stock intake back on, stock rims back on, stock trans back in... Then see what you run.

A tire is no different than ANY other mod, they all make you run a quicker ET.
Old 04-01-2013 | 10:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Like I said....Do it in street trim. That's what he did.
Why is it always what you think is right? Last time I checked he is at a "race track". If you take your car on regular radials its your own damn fault.

Besides, you don't build a car from the front to the back. You build it from the back to the front. Anyone who does it the the other way doesn't know how to build a car.

I'd rather ET with less hp than ET with more power. Lower hp is always more impressive. If you don't think so, just think supras. How many times has everyone seen 500rwhp poopras run 12's...THAT is sad. Hell there is even a joke about them.

Put a 12 bolt in that car and let it eat...that is if your not skeerd!

-Mark
Old 04-01-2013 | 10:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lemons12
Fact: Any way you dice it, Kevin's car works.

MPH means absolutely nothing at the drag strip, ET is all that counts.... 60' matters more than ANYTHING in drag racing. If you can't 60', you can't ET what you should, no matter the top end.
Strange I thought this was sr&k. Way to say a bunch of obvious stuff. So when's your badass racestreetcar hitting the track?!
Old 04-01-2013 | 10:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

FACT: On the STREET (since in SRK) it would be even worse for your GTO.

If it works better on the track, it works better on the street.

Or are we stuck on this ricer *** roll racing ****? Start calling everyone automach.

Grow some ******* *****... Mod your car, change your car so it isn't heavy and has **** irs, whatever.... Just stop complaining.
Old 04-01-2013 | 10:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mike morris
nice job kevin. Got to get a real cable set up for your clutch though
huh??
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Fact: Any way you dice it, Kevin's car works.

MPH means absolutely nothing at the drag strip, ET is all that counts.... 60' matters more than ANYTHING in drag racing. If you can't 60', you can't ET what you should, no matter the top end.
It don't "work". He bolts a slick on it to think it works. Alot of **** works with a slick. If it "worked" he would not have been whining about nitto's at his power level.

Whether you like it or mph means something. 60' does matter in drag racing. But most everybody in this section don't have drag cars. There is a section for that on here.
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by clonedws6
Strange I thought this was sr&k. Way to say a bunch of obvious stuff. So when's your badass racestreetcar hitting the track?!
He would walk all over you on the street.

My god.... A high 7.X car talking **** now.

I miss when Unit was around and gave infractions/bans out for people in the 12/13s that talked as much **** as these morons.

My "racecar" won't see the track until the end of the year... Maybe not this year at all. Guess what though... It will have more STREET races next week than you have probably done all year.

My car isn't fast... But I would run circles around 95% of the people that talk **** in SRK.
Old 04-01-2013 | 10:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

FACT: On the STREET (since in SRK) it would be even worse for your GTO.

If it works better on the track, it works better on the street.

Or are we stuck on this ricer *** roll racing ****? Start calling everyone automach.

Grow some ******* *****... Mod your car, change your car so it isn't heavy and has **** irs, whatever.... Just stop complaining.
I'm not complaining one bit haha. I like hearing you cry. And I've beaten arch with the exact same setup.... But I guess those digs didnt count. I don't want to change my car. I like it for what it is. A cruiser! Thanks though.... Still haven't told me what your car runs.
Old 04-01-2013 | 10:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

You posted a calculated bullshit time....my bad no slip involved but still the same amount of bullshit on your part.

Because you know it would be .5 off w/o that tire. You do it for bragging rights. We do it just to see where our cars are....because after all these are street cars. if not then your in the wrong section.
I posted what the corrected numbers are. Never said the car RAN that.
Old 04-01-2013 | 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
huh??

Adjustable quadrant etc....
Old 04-01-2013 | 10:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

He would walk all over you on the street.

My god.... A high 7.X car talking **** now.

I miss when Unit was around and gave infractions/bans out for people in the 12/13s that talked as much **** as these morons.

My "racecar" won't see the track until the end of the year... Maybe not this year at all. Guess what though... It will have more STREET races next week than you have probably done all year.

My car isn't fast... But I would run circles around 95% of the people that talk **** in SRK.
Haha. Okay champ. Imagine that you don't even have out own
Junk done. Not surprised. Typical loser move. You not see the Indy race video on here with the camaro? Guess how many videos I've saw of you, ever, 0...
Old 04-01-2013 | 10:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

It don't "work". He bolts a slick on it to think it works. Alot of **** works with a slick. If it "worked" he would not have been whining about nitto's at his power level.

Whether you like it or mph means something. 60' does matter in drag racing. But most everybody in this section don't have drag cars. There is a section for that on here.
If the slick/radial makes the car "work", it works... It doesn't matter if full suspension does it or not.. He took the cheaper/easier route. Why spend 2K$ and all that time when a 400$ set of tires and 30 minutes of work will do the same thing?

MPH means nothing... A 135mph car will get walked all over by a 125mph from a 20 roll if the 140 is 60' 2.0. and the 125mph car is 60' 1.4s.

So tires now making it a "drag car"???

What the **** is with everyone and this "Drag car" "racecar" talk to any car making decent power/running decent times. Since when does a radial make it a drag car? Guess what the baddest street/grudge cars out there run.. Radials/slicks. Those are cars that run on the STREET and know you have to have a tire to get a car to do anything anywhere.
Old 04-01-2013 | 10:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ricer move..
Old 04-01-2013 | 10:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Where's he getting weld rts fronts and rears and tires for 400? Lmk all mighty lemons!!
Old 04-01-2013 | 10:24 PM
Teching In

For sure.

Why don't you take your turbo off and run 14's?
Been there done that. Next question?
Old 04-01-2013 | 10:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm not complaining one bit haha. I like hearing you cry. And I've beaten arch with the exact same setup.... But I guess those digs didnt count. I don't want to change my car. I like it for what it is. A cruiser! Thanks though.... Still haven't told me what your car runs.
With 36XRwhp I ran 7.2s @ 95mph with 1.5X 60' times spinning... Nitrous tune, 2200DA, and 3500#.

I now have a forged 370, expecting 47XRwhp and it is built for a 300 hit.. I'm going for mid 10s/mid 6s in the 1/8 on motor.
Any more questions about my "racecar"?

Haha. Okay champ. Imagine that you don't even have out own
Junk done. Not surprised. Typical loser move. You not see the Indy race video on here with the camaro? Guess how many videos I've saw of you, ever, 0...
It would take you 2 minutes worth of searching to find the races I have posted on here.. And I don't even have half of them posted. I have done more racing in 3 months time than you have in your entire life.
Old 04-01-2013 | 10:27 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

So I'm on a Drag radial.... I run them 24/7 every single day.

Do I have to take them off when I go to the drag strip and put some hard as rock tires on them?

DRs are DOT approved street tires.

That would be like telling you to put all the weight back in your car, stock intake back on, stock rims back on, stock trans back in... Then see what you run.

A tire is no different than ANY other mod, they all make you run a quicker ET.
I modded my car to perform on the street. That's where it's at 99.9% of the time. Tires are HUGE, you know that. Especially a slick.
Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Why is it always what you think is right? Last time I checked he is at a "race track". If you take your car on regular radials its your own damn fault.

Besides, you don't build a car from the front to the back. You build it from the back to the front. Anyone who does it the the other way doesn't know how to build a car.

I'd rather ET with less hp than ET with more power. Lower hp is always more impressive. If you don't think so, just think supras. How many times has everyone seen 500rwhp poopras run 12's...THAT is sad. Hell there is even a joke about them.

Put a 12 bolt in that car and let it eat...that is if your not skeerd!

-Mark
I have a fab 9 for...had it for a year. But as I told lemon's it's on the street 99.9% of the time and it's not needed. Besides I'm sure you know how crappy a proper drag set-up is on the street. Me nor most people want that. except it. Lol....don't tell me how to build a car. You have to build the back first because inertia is your only hope.
And I blew holes in those corrected #'s. Just that simple.
Old 04-01-2013 | 10:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

With 36XRwhp I ran 7.2s @ 95mph with 1.5X 60' times spinning... Nitrous tune, 2200DA, and 3500#.

I now have a forged 370, expecting 47XRwhp and it is built for a 300 hit.. I'm going for mid 10s/mid 6s in the 1/8 on motor.
Any more questions about my "racecar"?

It would take you 2 minutes worth of searching to find the races I have posted on here.. And I don't even have half of them posted. I have done more racing in 3 months time than you have in your entire life.

Oh gawd please teach me the way lemons!!! I want more street races!! You're so cool!
Old 04-01-2013 | 10:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

If my 2.0 went to a 1.5 I'd be pretty close to your numbers. Just saying. Maybe not trap speed though.
Old 04-01-2013 | 10:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Where's he getting weld rts fronts and rears and tires for 400? Lmk all mighty lemons!!
You don't think he could have done that with nothing more than a slick on stock rims?

Your car is a joke, even for what it is. The times are pitiful. I don't care if you add 50080832 excuses to the bag of excuses you already have.... Whether you call it a cruiser or not. You make fun of someone elses ride, expect someone to call you on yours.

I have nothing to hide with my setup... Forged 370 on the bottle. Just your average every day racecar.

My stock DD would be a good run for you.

Quick Reply: Mach at the track