Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach at the track

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 05:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tracked350Z
Is that what determines if a car is running "good" or not? 110 mph traps with bolt ons and a v8?
No, that's the only thing they have to hold onto. So they hold onto it as tight as a 1 year old holds onto it momma's tit.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BLWNV10
Anyway how the F did this thread make 140 pages?
Because I'm not a ******* annoying retard like yourself. I have an entertainment value to myself. Now little johnny before I bitch slap you again.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:09 AM
10 Second Club

Received 429 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
Yeah, only Ford guys do that
yep
Originally Posted by Poppacapp
It won't make me feel better about my car. I want to prove the rwhp advantage it takes to take one out. And as long as my heavy pig makes the required rwhp more than the Z, no matter the mods, I am good. But thanks for playing.

And I am far from a fanboy.
140+rwhp should more than make up a 600lb difference.
Sigh... comon Hio... you know as well as I do, whether it is a Dodge, Ford, or Chevy, it all comes down to power to weight and getting it to the pavement.

Its not about wanting more... its about the reality of how much more power I need to take a Z with my heavy car.
read above
So think of it this way... the Z is the little pansy boy that weighs 100lbs and can run around me... the big bouncer who has the power, but can't scratch his own back
Sounds like you got your *** whooped either way. So now your crying about being to fat to move.

You had a choice.....you coulda bought a very nice low mileage used c6 Z06. Just think.....then you coulda been the fast athletic kid in school instead of the strong fat one.
I WANT ONE!!
Tell me about it. Wonder why these pusstang boys spend their entire day on a GM site anyways. That's like me trolling on Viper Alley 24/7 with my Corvette.

They can't get enuff LSX....
Or me trollin on a Mustang site.......oh wait I have a Mustang.
Originally Posted by 4.6pimp
Nicely put!!!
Now it is. I straightened it out.
So says the man with a termi notch!!! All I want is a piece of the SS when I put this replacement motor in and get it retuned! 40-140 kind sir....
Rolls are for dinner bud.

Hey Heater !! You see what I mean^^^^ 4.6pimpmaster3000 wants a roll race with me. He has 100+rwhp turbo motor that's turned up so much it blows up every month.....vs my bolt-on n/a 80,000 mile ls6. Worst part is he would probably lose.
Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Where would you like to begin? LOL

Within the first couple of pages you can see where it took a wrong turn. Basically, someone with a MACH 1 posted up an 1/8 mile ET & trap and did a calculation on what it should run in the 1/4. Went bad after that.
I blew that **** out of the water!!
Originally Posted by automach1
It's simple. It pisses them off because they run good n/a.
Yea....that's why you sold yours and went with a boosted car.
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
No, that's the only thing they have to hold onto. So they hold onto it as tight as a 1 year old holds onto it momma's tit.
Kinda like you do your slicks.

Pot meet kettle
Old 05-19-2013, 07:09 AM
Teching In

I think the argument is stupid no matter how you look at it. Both engines are far out of production and both have been super ceded by much better engines. It's like me walking in here boasting how my BMW is capable of keeping up with both cars with bolt ons with less displacement and 100 whp per liter. Pointless argument. Both are great engines and deserve respect. Even if a Mach 1 doesn't trap over 110 mph a low to mid 12 with a bolt on car made in the early 2000's is impressive.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 429 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by Tracked350Z
I think the argument is stupid no matter how you look at it. Both engines are far out of production and both have been super ceded by much better engines. It's like me walking in here boasting how my BMW is capable of keeping up with both cars with bolt ons with less displacement and 100 whp per liter. Pointless argument. Both are great engines and deserve respect. Even if a Mach 1 doesn't trap over 110 mph a low to mid 12 with a bolt on car made in the early 2000's is impressive.
looks like you just did.......and no you can't.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:45 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

******* ls1 owners calling foul/troll on ls1tech? This of all places? Where Jesus built the motor and no mustang can hang without a supercharger. I think that priveledge was revoked a decade ago.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:20 AM
Teching In

Hio your right we need to do a dig for FUN so we can keep it close! 40-140 might get ugly. I'm curious to know how much that race car weighs? Lol. Either way I'm impressed by your cars trap speed for the power.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:29 AM
On The Tree

4.6pimp what did that time bomb run before it gave up
Old 05-19-2013, 08:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by topendrunner
4.6pimp what did that time bomb run before it gave up
low 12's at 108..... LOL never ran it at the track. just going off cars that I have ran that have been as fast if not faster in the 1/4 then hio.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:56 AM
Teching In

topend you have a lq9 or 4? my dad wants to put a 6.0 in his s10
Old 05-19-2013, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mach 1 went 13.89
Old 05-19-2013, 09:55 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by oChristiano
Rejects of SVTP I suppose.
I heard the guys over at SVTP don't even like them so they spend their whole day over here trying to be like us LSX guys. Sad.

Originally Posted by automach1
It's simple. It pisses them off because they run good n/a.
I highly doubt any LS owner here is worried. There are some fast ones but not a whole lot. Look at the OP's Mach as a perfect example of that. 108mph trap? I did that in my LS1 when it was STOCK!

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Or me trollin on a Mustang site.......oh wait I have a Mustang.
Most stang guys are cool and the respect LS cars. Its just the trolls here that have a uber hard on for the LS platform they just can't help themselves.

Well guys, its time to head over to GT-RLife and post up about how cool my Corvette is. See ya!
Old 05-19-2013, 10:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
yep

140+rwhp should more than make up a 600lb difference.

Sounds like you got your *** whooped either way. So now your crying about being to fat to move.

You had a choice.....you coulda bought a very nice low mileage used c6 Z06. Just think.....then you coulda been the fast athletic kid in school instead of the strong fat one.

And you would be wrong. I do not need 140+rwhp more to beat one. If I had 140+rwhp more, I would walk one.

And no.. I have not lost to one... matter of fact, I have run a decent amount of street random races, and have lost to one car so far, and he is posting in this thread. Faster cars out there? SURE.. there always is, and mine will be getting faster also. I have not had the chance to run a C6Z yet. I have ripped the front bumpers off a couple C5Z's and C6 Grandsport though. Looking for a C6Z though. I'll prove my rwhp advantage claim and you can mail me a cheeseburger when I prove it.

And yep, I actually looked at the C6Z's before I got my GT500, and I was also looking at a few used ZR1's.. they don't suit my needs... I need 4 seats, and whichever car i got I wanted to be daily driver material. I also looked at the 5th Gen Camaros, and not a fan of the interior or gauge setup.. and the outward visibility is horrible. Didn't even consider anything from Chrysler because even though I might like chunky(My car), I don't like outright cows.

And really... I'm not that hard to get along with... I don't spew the Ford blue anywhere. I am here because it is interesting seeing the threads. And if we were not here, just think... you would be bored silly.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:29 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Guitar
So have you... your point? Tell me this guitar... honestly... what type of 1/4 mile et and mph would you estimate Stopsigns car will run in the 1/4, being able to run his 7.76 1/8th mile time? Comon man, that is a solid low 12 second car without a doubt.. and I'm sure he will make it into the 11's this season.

You just need to learn to give props when they are due. "Yes Stoppy, your car runs good for the mods you have done to it"..comon... you can doo eet!
Old 05-19-2013, 10:37 AM
11 Second Club

I heard the guys over at SVTP don't even like them so they spend their whole day over here trying to be like us LSX guys. Sad.

Wrong in my case. x100.. I post on both sites, along with Mustangforums, fordgt500, etc. I just like reading forum threads man. I didn't come over here to troll.. but I DO like to get involved in the fun back and forth sometimes.

I highly doubt any LS owner here is worried. There are some fast ones but not a whole lot. Look at the OP's Mach as a perfect example of that. 108mph trap? I did that in my LS1 when it was STOCK!

That's great... my IS350 V6 trapped 105 with a F-Sport air filter.. so what?
There seems to be a bunch of people hanging on arguing about 108 this and 110 that. He ran what time he ran.. its that simple.. will he run better? Yes.. should he run more than 108-110? I believe so.. so what? Too many sensitive people on here mang.

Most stang guys are cool and the respect LS cars. Its just the trolls here that have a uber hard on for the LS platform they just can't help themselves.

And I would fall into this catagory. I respect all fast cars, and am not here to troll.. although it IS fun getting under the skin of some sometimes... would you not agree? It's all in fun, and anyone who would take it seriously needs to back away from the keyboard for a bit.

Well guys, its time to head over to GT-RLife and post up about how cool my Corvette is. See ya!
I'll run you when I get my UGR Gallardo finished up.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:38 AM
On The Tree

topend you have a lq9 or 4? my dad wants to put a 6.0 in his s10
lq4. 4 is cheaper and easier to find but 9 will give more compression. i wasnt paying 300 more for half a point tho
Old 05-19-2013, 10:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

So have you... your point? Tell me this guitar... honestly... what type of 1/4 mile et and mph would you estimate Stopsigns car will run in the 1/4, being able to run his 7.76 1/8th mile time? Comon man, that is a solid low 12 second car without a doubt.. and I'm sure he will make it into the 11's this season.

You just need to learn to give props when they are due. "Yes Stoppy, your car runs good for the mods you have done to it"..comon... you can doo eet!
Old 05-19-2013, 10:48 AM
Banned

The mach is still making blind ls guys butthurt 10 years later I see.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:58 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by topendrunner
lq4. 4 is cheaper and easier to find but 9 will give more compression. i wasnt paying 300 more for half a point tho
Throw some 12.5:1's in that bizatch, E85, and a 200 shot.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:59 AM
11 Second Club

This thread is keeping popcorn companies in 'bidness ain't it mang.

Quick Reply: Mach at the track