Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach at the track

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013 | 11:51 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by lemons12
This is why I walk so many people on the street.

I'll take .2 off my 60' and .4 quicker ET and lose 2mph ANY day over .2 slower 60' and .4 slower ET and gain 2mph.

A car moving .2 quicker in the 60' is walking away from you at a good pace.

The ONLY way I would take mph over 60'/ET is if all I do is 60+mph rolls. And that is gay.

Trap 2mph faster than me but ET .4 slower and 60' .2 slower.... Go ahead and see how you fair will a 20/30 roll. I will walk you every single time unless we are going 130+. Which is dumb on the street.
That only works out if you run around on your drag tires all the time. I would think that most don't for various reasons.....especially cars that get dd. Most also can not 60 on the street like they can the track. Lots of variables here but I'll take the car that runs out the back hard in a street race.

I like to run out 4th(near 140) in a street race and have been known to throw 5th. Most races are over long before that for me.
Old 04-06-2013 | 12:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by lemons12
This is why I walk so many people on the street.

I'll take .2 off my 60' and .4 quicker ET and lose 2mph ANY day over .2 slower 60' and .4 slower ET and gain 2mph.

A car moving .2 quicker in the 60' is walking away from you at a good pace.

The ONLY way I would take mph over 60'/ET is if all I do is 60+mph rolls. And that is gay.

Trap 2mph faster than me but ET .4 slower and 60' .2 slower.... Go ahead and see how you fair will a 20/30 roll. I will walk you every single time unless we are going 130+. Which is dumb on the street.
Bringing up 60 foots when talking about a street race is just completely irrelevant. Now lets say you go to a meet and 90% of the cars don't dig (like here) what then? Your super omega sweet drag car ET god is useless. Ive said this like 3 times, a WELL setup car will do both.

For what your saying to hold any weight it would have to be A. a prepped street or B. a dig race.

Its ******* shitty to know your cars going to get its *** kicked after like 60 mph no fun in that.

Brb praying the other persons car doesn't hook so my slower car can stay infront long enough for the race to be over.

Lol no thanks jeff.

I want to freight train there *** non stop. No homo

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
That only works out if you run around on your drag tires all the time. I would think that most don't for various reasons.....especially cars that get dd. Most also can not 60 on the street like they can the track. Lots of variables here but I'll take the car that runs out the back hard in a street race.

I like to run out 4th(near 140) in a street race and have been known to throw 5th. Most races are over long before that for me.
Even with a drag setup, a non prepped road and a track are two completely different things.

Last edited by adamantium; 04-06-2013 at 12:48 AM.
Old 04-06-2013 | 09:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

I bet I can out 60' on the street what most people can do at the track. Just sayin
Old 04-06-2013 | 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think most guys on here havent seen a good setup car on the street...
Old 04-06-2013 | 09:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by adamantium
Bringing up 60 foots when talking about a street race is just completely irrelevant. Now lets say you go to a meet and 90% of the cars don't dig (like here) what then? Your super omega sweet drag car ET god is useless. Ive said this like 3 times, a WELL setup car will do both.
Not really...I'd say putting a 2.3 60' car against a 1.8 60' car on the street would make a difference.

If you go to a meet and 90% of the cars don't dig, what is making you race at all?

You don't know what a well setup car means. Stop acting like you do.

For what your saying to hold any weight it would have to be A. a prepped street or B. a dig race.
Not really. You let me in 1st gear at all in a roll and your chance of winning just went down a good bit.

Its ******* shitty to know your cars going to get its *** kicked after like 60 mph no fun in that.

Brb praying the other persons car doesn't hook so my slower car can stay infront long enough for the race to be over.

Lol no thanks jeff.
Whos jeff?? Anyways you guys twist it into sounding like its worse than it is. Running from a dig on the street is no different than running on the track. If one car gets out harder out of the hole it's very hard for the other car to come back. Either way a 108mph car vs a 112mph car isn't going to get freight trained at 60mph.

I want to freight train there *** non stop. No homo
Good luck, I'd say you have a ways to go. No homo
Old 04-06-2013 | 09:55 AM
On The Tree

Around here, the fastest thing on the street from a dig is a automatic DSM on like 40 pounds of boost.

AWD from is dig on the street is nasty.
Old 04-06-2013 | 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

speaking of 2vs.... my buddy shaun is defying the 2v wall. His car literally has an off road x pipe, catback, vortech, 3.73s. He just went 11.9 at 119 with a 1.86 60ft. No weight reduction... no tricks. That thing has pissed off some fast cars.
Old 04-06-2013 | 11:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

So are you guys saying you can hook on the street like you do at the track? I can't, no way in hell. I run DRs 24/7, have a couple minor suspensions mods, can pull 1.6s at the track as long as there are not a bunch of bikes and cars running street tires messing up the prep, but on the street...yea, ain't happening. I launch as hard as I can maxing out my stall at the track (not that its all that much), but on the street about all I can do is roll into it from a 15 mph roll if its a good road. From a dead stop on the street, no. Only cars hooking on the street are the ones not making enough power to overcome the tires they are using.

If you guys know something I don't about how to set-up a car that makes a little bit of power to hook from a dig on the street, I'm all ears.
Old 04-06-2013 | 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GtoSpd
So are you guys saying you can hook on the street like you do at the track? I can't, no way in hell. I run DRs 24/7, have a couple minor suspensions mods, can pull 1.6s at the track as long as there are not a bunch of bikes and cars running street tires messing up the prep, but on the street...yea, ain't happening. I launch as hard as I can maxing out my stall at the track (not that its all that much), but on the street about all I can do is roll into it from a 15 mph roll if its a good road. From a dead stop on the street, no. Only cars hooking on the street are the ones not making enough power to overcome the tires they are using.

If you guys know something I don't about how to set-up a car that makes a little bit of power to hook from a dig on the street, I'm all ears.
I have many veteran friends who have low 11 second cars that will cut mean 60s on the street without VHT. Its not as hard as some people think. It just requires doing more then the interwebs say.

Instant center
Suspension travel
More weight over the rear wheels (aka: as close to 50/50 as possible)
Tire pressures
The RIGHT suspension parts (a lot of people think all shocks etc are equal)

For example. I use strange 1 ways in the back. Where the differ from say a tokico or another adjustable 1 way shock, is they adjust rebound, not compression. Lets take my tokico adjustables. You stiffen them up, and they are very hard to compress (can help with wheel hop but ultimately does nothing to help you get traction). Where as my strange shocks compress easy, and the higher the setting... the slower they are to rebound. THAT helps get traction. Put it this way. Ive never seen a car hook on the street where its suspension setup has the nose facing the ground, and the *** in the air. Look at the stance of my car in my sig pic. Thats optimal to launch a car on the street.

My buddies fox that goes 11.1 at 122... will leave the tires a few inches on unprepped pavement as long as he has his suspension, and tire pressures right.
Old 04-06-2013 | 11:55 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by evangto87
speaking of 2vs.... my buddy shaun is defying the 2v wall. His car literally has an off road x pipe, catback, vortech, 3.73s. He just went 11.9 at 119 with a 1.86 60ft. No weight reduction... no tricks. That thing has pissed off some fast cars.
LMAO yeah I'm sure the supercharger is helping quite a bit to produce those times.
Old 04-06-2013 | 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

obviously its doing all the work. My point is whens the last time you saw a bone stock longblock 2v run that kinda track pass with ANY kind of work done to it?

Edit: Like the new ZR1.....bastard!
Old 04-06-2013 | 12:15 PM
Launching!

obviously its doing all the work. My point is whens the last time you saw a bone stock longblock 2v run that kinda track pass with ANY kind of work done to it?
Not as uncommon as people think. A quick random search came up with the results below. N/A they're turds but a blower will work wonders for them. My old two-valve ran similar times to this car, had the same V-2 T-trim too.

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-foru...4-mile.720057/

Edit: Like the new ZR1.....bastard!
Thanks!
Old 04-06-2013 | 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice. He has 3.73s. 4.10s would work a lot better for the track but suck on the street since that car doesnt move in fifth gear
Old 04-06-2013 | 12:31 PM
Launching!

Nice. He has 3.73s. 4.10s would work a lot better for the track but suck on the street since that car doesnt move in fifth gear
Nah bro 3.08s is where its at man.
Old 04-06-2013 | 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

lmao! And i finally sent my lightened 3.90s out yesterday to get REM. Only took me 2 months to make the trip to UPS...
Old 04-06-2013 | 01:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have many veteran friends who have low 11 second cars that will cut mean 60s on the street without VHT. Its not as hard as some people think. It just requires doing more then the interwebs say.

Instant center
Suspension travel
More weight over the rear wheels (aka: as close to 50/50 as possible)
Tire pressures
The RIGHT suspension parts (a lot of people think all shocks etc are equal)

For example. I use strange 1 ways in the back. Where the differ from say a tokico or another adjustable 1 way shock, is they adjust rebound, not compression. Lets take my tokico adjustables. You stiffen them up, and they are very hard to compress (can help with wheel hop but ultimately does nothing to help you get traction). Where as my strange shocks compress easy, and the higher the setting... the slower they are to rebound. THAT helps get traction. Put it this way. Ive never seen a car hook on the street where its suspension setup has the nose facing the ground, and the *** in the air. Look at the stance of my car in my sig pic. Thats optimal to launch a car on the street.

My buddies fox that goes 11.1 at 122... will leave the tires a few inches on unprepped pavement as long as he has his suspension, and tire pressures right.
Makes sense. None of that going on around here to be honest. The street crowd just isn't big here like it is in other areas, so you just don't see cars set-up like that here. Mostly planned roll runs or trips to the track. My car is sitting on stock shocks/springs, so its no wonder it doesn't hook great on the street. Appreciate the info man.
Old 04-06-2013 | 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

no prob man
Old 04-06-2013 | 01:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Not really...I'd say putting a 2.3 60' car against a 1.8 60' car on the street would make a difference.
Too many variables but like i said what you ET and 60 foot at the track where your utilizing the track prep, and its warm conditions etc... is different then a dusty cold road. Ill tell you this though, alot of EVO owners have trouble 60 footing there cars at the track and i guarantee any light bolt on evo will skull **** you on the street.

If you go to a meet and 90% of the cars don't dig, what is making you race at all?
Roll racing. Save the retarded bullshit about dig racing is real racing story etc...

You don't know what a well setup car means. Stop acting like you do.
Oh yeah brb lets all listen to the track god, 108 mph mach 1.

Not really. You let me in 1st gear at all in a roll and your chance of winning just went down a good bit.
I guess.....While your on a slick and me on a street tire its only common sense. I guess thats something to be proud about?

Whos jeff?? Anyways you guys twist it into sounding like its worse than it is. Running from a dig on the street is no different than running on the track. If one car gets out harder out of the hole it's very hard for the other car to come back. Either way a 108mph car vs a 112mph car isn't going to get freight trained at 60mph.
Where did you get 112mph from? Regardless its still going to get pulled all things equal. I don't want to beat someone because the other guy had issues with his car, im not a ****** like that. I want to beat someone while there at there best and me aswell. Thats whats fun about racing to me. The faster car, truly coming out on top. Not praying on other cars faults and ****.

Good luck, I'd say you have a ways to go. No homo
You got 2mph+ to go to get out of the sub 110mph car club brah, looks like you got a ways to go aswell.

Originally Posted by Heater
Around here, the fastest thing on the street from a dig is a automatic DSM on like 40 pounds of boost.

AWD from is dig on the street is nasty.
Same here. There two of them, ones a nitrous and big PSI setup that goes 8s and this ones my buddies it goes 9s at 144 breaking up.

Old 04-06-2013 | 02:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

blah blah blah blah...just another loud mouth that thinks he knows what he is talking about.
Old 04-06-2013 | 03:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just got done putting in the new quad and set the firewall adjuster. All I will say is I can powershift like a bau5 now!!! Even at 6,800rpms which before either gave me a grind or was a no go.

Quick Reply: Mach at the track