Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach at the track

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013 | 03:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Next time at the track I plan to take both sets of springs with me and change them out to see which ones get better 60'.
Old 04-08-2013 | 04:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
LOL SUP 2SSARME

amidoinitright?
yabutwrongperson

we should both create accounts over there and get random people banned for being me.
Old 04-08-2013 | 04:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NoHope
386WHP in your T/A and you're running slower times than a stock LS1? I applaud your honesty on this one, but dude...you suck.
You are being a bit to critical man...He is trapping 113mph...that is a very respectable time. With a DR and a little suspension, his car would ET very well..mix that in with his trap speed and his had got a quick-*** car. Just do not see what many are criticizing here ????
Old 04-08-2013 | 05:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
You are being a bit to critical man...He is trapping 113mph...that is a very respectable time. With a DR and a little suspension, his car would ET very well..mix that in with his trap speed and his had got a quick-*** car. Just do not see what many are criticizing here ????
Per Hiho a cammed LS1 should run low 11's @ 125-130mph. Anything less is pathetic
Old 04-08-2013 | 05:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
113 is low for that rwhp.

Like stated some of that is hiding in his launch and shifting, plus we don't know what RPM he is shifting at which can be hurting his trap as well.
Old 04-08-2013 | 06:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

If he hooks up his MPH should go up a decent bit. Spinning doesn't = more mph like alot think
Old 04-08-2013 | 06:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
If he hooks up his MPH should go up a decent bit. Spinning doesn't = more mph like alot think
+1. I've seen it both ways depending on the launch.
Old 04-08-2013 | 07:43 PM
11 Second Club
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by adamantium
Yeah i mean given that he has a heavy *** T/A and doesn't look like the lightest guy either or making over 4xxwhp it isn't that bad actually. Hopefully im right cause that MPH is bolt on territory. But its not the first time ive seen a small cam car trap a shitty MPH before, its pretty common actually.
Yea we have a local LS1 EPS baby cammed T/A that hasn't ran the numbers you'd think it could. I hope my cat isn't like that too lol
Old 04-08-2013 | 07:45 PM
Banned

Per Hiho a cammed LS1 should run low 11's @ 125-130mph. Anything less is pathetic
Obviously a 300lb driver and or a full optioned T/A isn't the norm and a case within itself. Thats almost 4k lbs with less than 400rwhp, not much you can do with that.

Look what notch did with 340rwhp. His car with 4xxwhp would easily go 120s. But its cause he took the time to take weight were it mattered. Honestly his car is more replacing parts with **** then cutting **** up. I think the only thing cut up on his car are the supports and that yielded 20lbs (10lbs each) at best.

Originally Posted by Kingc8r
Yea we have a local LS1 EPS baby cammed T/A that hasn't ran the numbers you'd think it could. I hope my cat isn't like that too lol
Your cam isn't small though! at the right race weight and gearing and supporting mods it should easily go low 120s or high tens full weight. Attention to detail is key though. Before a cam goes into my car it will have every single bolt on possible and it would run respectably with bolt ons alone before i just throw a cam in. Id match a cam with heads anyways instead of going cam only though.
Old 04-08-2013 | 08:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Obviously a 300lb driver and or a full optioned T/A isn't the norm and a case within itself. Thats almost 4k lbs with less than 400rwhp, not much you can do with that.

Look what notch did with 340rwhp. His car with 4xxwhp would easily go 120s. But its cause he took the time to take weight were it mattered. Honestly his car is more replacing parts with **** then cutting **** up. I think the only thing cut up on his car are the supports and that yielded 20lbs (10lbs each) at best.
While I think it's childish to search for a picture of a guy and bash him for no reason (to me arguing about cars isn't a reason to take it personally). He doesn't look like 300lbs and I think it has nothing to do with how his car runs. Nor is full options. What is your idea...a Formula with roll up windows and a 95lb girl man driving?

I wouldn't say his car is performing to it's full potential but I also don't think taking a hole saw to the bumper supports or hollowing out your shift **** will help either.

With that said I honestly don't take Hiho or Notche's cars to base what other Fbodies will run mod for mod. You can take that however you want...I'm not starting a war here.
Old 04-08-2013 | 08:13 PM
Banned

While I think it's childish to search for a picture of a guy and bash him for no reason (to me arguing about cars isn't a reason to take it personally). He doesn't look like 300lbs and I think it has nothing to do with how his car runs. Nor is full options. What is your idea...a Formula with roll up windows and a 95lb girl man driving?

I wouldn't say his car is performing to it's full potential but I also don't think taking a hole saw to the bumper supports or hollowing out your shift **** will help either.

With that said I honestly don't take Hiho or Notche's cars to base what other Fbodies will run mod for mod. You can take that however you want...I'm not starting a war here.
Holy **** i could've sworn he said he weighed 275 or something in the picture. Sorry about that, guitar. By no means was i trying to make a cheeky comment towards you.

Roll up windows weigh more and plus i weigh 225 atm. Don't like leather interior, especially in old cars, wish i had a hardtop cause i dont use my T-tops etc... i could careless for options like this. Aslong as it has P/S, A/C and power windows im good.

To many variables we have lowly optioned hardtop cars that weight like 3380 and full optioned cars that weigh like 3600ish without driver. But for his power and his weight which im sure is around atleast the 3800-3900 raceweight given that hes in the 2xxlbs in weight and those huge rims and with only making 380ish with a 60 foot of **** i can see it happening.

But my buddy also went 111 with a fully optioned SS and the guy weighs 280-300lbs at the time. This is with a lid, ported TB, and chopped off muffler. So it is what it is, but i agree with hio though, ive seen full weight cars minus jack ans spare go 121 mph cam only.
Old 04-09-2013 | 12:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by big hammer
picking on the way the guy looks? pretty pathetic.
Uhh, it's not the way he looks, it's what he actually weighs.

And hey, it's a major contributing factor. If you weigh 100 lbs more than the average driver, it's going to show at the track.
Old 04-09-2013 | 12:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
I wouldn't pay attention to that guy, dudes a major troll. Times like this I wish I had moderator powers to see exactly who that guy really is. He's too obvious. lol
And Guitar isn't a troll? Look at his avatar. He's proudly showcasing what a troll he is on this forum. Rarely if ever does he contribute worthwhile information to the site, it's a bunch of loose talk and...(drum roll) trolling. Now that (yes I'll admit it) I'm trolling him, he gets all quiet. Guess the pillsbury dough boy has a soft spot with his weight, and apparently his horrible driving skills.

I don't know all the factors involved in that run, but when my auto Z was stock, I ran a 13.4, same time as he did. An auto LS1 is probably putting down 290WHP, I never had mine dyno'd, so I'm not positive. That's 100WHP LESS and I'm still cutting the same times. Just embarrassing.
Old 04-09-2013 | 01:26 AM
11 Second Club
15 Year Member

To many variables we have lowly optioned hardtop cars that weight like 3380 and full optioned cars that weigh like 3600ish without driver. But for his power and his weight which im sure is around atleast the 3800-3900 raceweight given that hes in the 2xxlbs in weight and those huge rims and with only making 380ish with a 60 foot of **** i can see it happening.

But my buddy also went 111 with a fully optioned SS and the guy weighs 280-300lbs at the time. This is with a lid, ported TB, and chopped off muffler. So it is what it is, but i agree with hio though, ive seen full weight cars minus jack ans spare go 121 mph cam only.
Yea I can too. I'm a bigger guy or fat whichever you prefer so I took weight out of my already light A4 Hardtop Z that weighed 3440 stock.

A full weight T/A with a smaller cam and a larger driver definitely has odds going against them to run well.

That's why I took weigh out of my car so I can be closer to average weight cars. Currently working on the driver weight mod but that is slow progress lol

I would love to trap near 120s being cam only. One can dream
Old 04-09-2013 | 08:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Guitar
19s, Full weight (- tire and jack + stereo) + 350 pounds, shocks set at almost full stiff in rear, 4 from full soft in front, street tires, and second time running this/any car at the track ever
Read. I'm ~350 on a normal day.

6800 shifting, 3rd gear through the end.

Originally Posted by NoHope
And Guitar isn't a troll? Look at his avatar. He's proudly showcasing what a troll he is on this forum. Rarely if ever does he contribute worthwhile information to the site, it's a bunch of loose talk and...(drum roll) trolling. Now that (yes I'll admit it) I'm trolling him, he gets all quiet. Guess the pillsbury dough boy has a soft spot with his weight, and apparently his horrible driving skills.

I don't know all the factors involved in that run, but when my auto Z was stock, I ran a 13.4, same time as he did. An auto LS1 is probably putting down 290WHP, I never had me dyno'd, so I'm not positive. That's 100WHP LESS and I'm still cutting the same times. Just embarrassing.
If I was such a troll and contributed nothing...why am I still here? And again, who are you? You come out of nowhere and start attacking me because it makes you feel good about yourself or something? Lol. You're not trolling anyone - if what you are posting is considering trolling by your standards, you need a little bit of schooling on the definition. And didn't we go over this before? I posted that picture on THIS forum, by my own will - you went through my posts and thought you were a master detective when you found it - LOL, apparently you need the definition of that as well.

I can't convey the amount of ***** I don't give about what people on the internet say about me, especially some noob on a forum who is just trying to make a name for himself calling out someone established. All I see from you is . Some people have jobs, class, and lives to go to, and can't post on a forum 24/7.
Old 04-09-2013 | 09:47 AM
12 Second Club

If I was such a troll and contributed nothing...why am I still here? And again, who are you? You come out of nowhere and start attacking me because it makes you feel good about yourself or something? Lol. You're not trolling anyone - if what you are posting is considering trolling by your standards, you need a little bit of schooling on the definition. And didn't we go over this before? I posted that picture on THIS forum, by my own will - you went through my posts and thought you were a master detective when you found it - LOL, apparently you need the definition of that as well.

I can't convey the amount of ***** I don't give about what people on the internet say about me, especially some noob on a forum who is just trying to make a name for himself calling out someone established. All I see from you is . Some people have jobs, class, and lives to go to, and can't post on a forum 24/7.
Lawlz...
Old 04-09-2013 | 11:25 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

I can duplicate these results over and over.....not even a issue. There is still alot left on the table for both cars.
Old 04-09-2013 | 11:41 AM
On The Tree

LMFAO!! I ran basically the same time with 11 less mph. FAIL!!

Right lane

I'd love to run you on the street from a roll of your choice, and then we'd see who can handle who. Because, after all, this is the STREET RACING section, isn't it?
Yeah! Because you can't run from a dig on the street. That isn't allowed.

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Street Racing AND Kills section... as in, not just street racing.
This^^

Maybe I need to add cam TA's to my sig for cars that can only roll race huh?
Old 04-09-2013 | 12:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
sandbagging at it's finest...
What you talking about?

Old 04-09-2013 | 12:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by lemons12
What you talking about?

I was talking about the 2nd part of your statement. Nice numbers...

Quick Reply: Mach at the track