Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach at the track

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 08:40 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Odthetruth with the troof.net, im the exact same way. Last time i went to a meet was like 2-3 months ago with my car. The last meet i went to in a friends car with like a month ago, and i posted the video of the run here. I usually don't go out of my way to try and get a ticket or get arrested.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by odthetruth
Stoppy, the car runs strong for what it is, but that 4.6L has gotten some work done to it to get to where it is. Not massive work, and its definitely running strong for what it has, but it isn't exactly bone stock either.
Where did I say it was stock? Where are you even going with that?
Old 04-14-2013, 09:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 450 Likes on 355 Posts

Sounds like a lot of chest beating in here for no reason. A full 2+ year build purpose built car vs what I'm sure is a daily driven light bolt on one. I've given Stoppy cred for that run, but that run is 1/8th last I've seen, so the full trap nor ET isn't written in stone either. Might be more, might be less.

All the cars here are good. Didn't know everyone needed to measure their dicks using their cars.

Everyones done what they could, how they could, for whatever type of racing they do. I've probably spent more on suspension because I don't give too much of a **** about the strip. I normally run into whatever I race on the highway, but I don't go out of my way to go to scenes and 'be that guy' that I hope people talk about how great I am of a driver, yada yada. That **** impresses highschool girls, and last I heard... 15'll get you 30.

Stoppy, the car runs strong for what it is, but that 4.6L has gotten some work done to it to get to where it is. Not massive work, and its definitely running strong for what it has, but it isn't exactly bone stock either.

Me personally, don't really care what someone ETs because I don't go to the track anywhere near as often as I'd even like to. If I do plan on running the V, I take it to a road course and actually drive, vs just shift. Wrong of me to say those who set up their cars and suspensions for drag racing can't drive?

Why is everyone crying about roll racing in here? 75+% of the threads in here end up being roll racing.

If you want to show off your drag racing:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-results-85/

Otherwise, you get whatever you get on the street, and same rules don't apply as the track. Surfaces change, prep vs no prep vs semi prep, etc. Giving lengths, giving someone the hit, giving someone their race... Tires play a big part, but lets be serious. Launching on the street vs launching on a prepped surface is different. Period.
Good post Od.

Man you guys have been givin each other hell in here.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think it's hilarious

Originally Posted by typical butt hurt LS1 owner
Oh you have a car that is strong at the track? It's not a GM? Oh crap...uhhh...go here! https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-results-85/
Old 04-15-2013, 12:06 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by adamantium
The tampa scene is pretty small compared to down here in miami. From what i hear. One of my buddies has like one of the fastest dig cars, and high way cars up there and he's from seabring but tampa is usually where the runs go down. You know grab-a-lane guys? Well my buddys 2jz 240 that was in one of there recent vids is the car im refering to, he also has a red evo on RPF1s the 2jz 240 is originally from where i live, im acquiescence with the old owner/builder of that car and that car wasn't the fastest street car down here.
Acquiescence- "Passive assent or agreement without protest."

I believe the word you are looking for is "acquaintance."
Old 04-15-2013, 02:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Where did I say it was stock? Where are you even going with that?
Few pages back, you basically stated how the lowly 4.6l would drag Adam on the track. But lets be serious, you're modded to the teeth in comparison to Adam's LS1.

I think it's hilarious
You think its hilarious that I pointed out there's a drag racing section on this forum? I think its hilarious you've got a thread with a few pages from a post that shouldn't even be in this section. This doesn't look like a street race or kill at all.

Maybe I'm missing it here... but from your first post... looks like your 7.x hero run was 1 of 3 or more, in which 2 of them were you missing gears? Cutting a 9.x? Odds are, Best 2 out of 3... Adam might win. LOL

Originally Posted by typical butt hurt Mustang owner losing in his own car
Something is wrong with my car. My headers aren't heading right.
Originally Posted by typical butt hurt Mustang owner watching another Mustang lose
That Mustang needs a driver mod. OHEMGEE If that were I, I would layeth patches of 11s on the road whilst dragging the street with that LSx in my stock 4.6v
Old 04-15-2013, 02:57 AM
Banned

Give stopsign a break, he is obviously not thinking clearly these days. He believes that a STOCK Mach 1 should beat bolt-on LS1 F-bodies.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:17 AM
10 Second Club

Few pages back, you basically stated how the lowly 4.6l would drag Adam on the track. But lets be serious, you're modded to the teeth in comparison to Adam's LS1.

You think its hilarious that I pointed out there's a drag racing section on this forum? I think its hilarious you've got a thread with a few pages from a post that shouldn't even be in this section. This doesn't look like a street race or kill at all.

Maybe I'm missing it here... but from your first post... looks like your 7.x hero run was 1 of 3 or more, in which 2 of them were you missing gears? Cutting a 9.x? Odds are, Best 2 out of 3... Adam might win. LOL
I left him a link to the drag section too...lol

There is no doubt in my mind that if Adam's car is and Stoppys car are 100% Adam's car would win with both on comparable tires in the 1/4. I know what my car did with similar mods and I did not need a 5-6k clutch dump or even a dr to run a 12.6 @ 4-5 mph more than Stoppy.

With that said I think stoppy's car runs good for a n/a Mach. He does what he needs to do with it....utilize the track.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I like when people resort to having a manual car is what makes them cooler than the next guy lol.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:41 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sail Hatan
I like when people resort to having a manual car is what makes them cooler than the next guy lol.
Yep, welcome to LS1tech where everyone roll races, auto's are ghey and removing your rear seats means you have a "racecar"

Sticks impress highschool kids, stalled autos win races
Old 04-15-2013, 09:08 AM
Launching!

Sounds like a lot of chest beating in here for no reason. A full 2+ year build purpose built car vs what I'm sure is a daily driven light bolt on one. I've given Stoppy cred for that run, but that run is 1/8th last I've seen, so the full trap nor ET isn't written in stone either. Might be more, might be less.

All the cars here are good. Didn't know everyone needed to measure their dicks using their cars.

Everyones done what they could, how they could, for whatever type of racing they do. I've probably spent more on suspension because I don't give too much of a **** about the strip. I normally run into whatever I race on the highway, but I don't go out of my way to go to scenes and 'be that guy' that I hope people talk about how great I am of a driver, yada yada. That **** impresses highschool girls, and last I heard... 15'll get you 30.

Me personally, don't really care what someone ETs because I don't go to the track anywhere near as often as I'd even like to. If I do plan on running the V, I take it to a road course and actually drive, vs just shift. Wrong of me to say those who set up their cars and suspensions for drag racing can't drive?

Why is everyone crying about roll racing in here? 75+% of the threads in here end up being roll racing.

If you want to show off your drag racing:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-results-85/

Otherwise, you get whatever you get on the street, and same rules don't apply as the track. Surfaces change, prep vs no prep vs semi prep, etc. Giving lengths, giving someone the hit, giving someone their race... Tires play a big part, but lets be serious. Launching on the street vs launching on a prepped surface is different. Period.
No offense, but this posts sounds biased as hell. Typical comment I would expect from a Gen1 V owner who knows their car is at a SERIOUS disadvantage at the drag strip.

That's why I love owning a vehicle that will get it done in any scenario, rather it be drag strip, road course, street..whatever! Best of everything.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:09 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I left him a link to the drag section too...lol

There is no doubt in my mind that if Adam's car is and Stoppys car are 100% Adam's car would win with both on comparable tires in the 1/4. I know what my car did with similar mods and I did not need a 5-6k clutch dump or even a dr to run a 12.6 @ 4-5 mph more than Stoppy.

With that said I think stoppy's car runs good for a n/a Mach. He does what he needs to do with it....utilize the track.
And I see you're still making retarded post after post as usual. Nothings changed.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:20 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Adamantium
The tampa scene is pretty small compared to down here in miami. From what i hear. One of my buddies has like one of the fastest dig cars, and high way cars up there and he's from seabring but tampa is usually where the runs go down. You know grab-a-lane guys? Well my buddys 2jz 240 that was in one of there recent vids is the car im refering to, he also has a red evo on RPF1s the 2jz 240 is originally from where i live, im acquiescence with the old owner/builder of that car and that car wasn't the fastest street car down here.
the **** are you talking about?
Old 04-15-2013, 10:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by loudblack97z71
This.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
Tampa is nice.. Especially the bridges.. You want to run, just go by and throw a rev.

grabalane.com

I wouldn't know anything about it though.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot..._7506638_n.jpg

1500Rw malibu that runs around in Tampa... John is the owner.

Again, I know nothing about the scene down there.
7 mile bridge pretty much has someone willing to run every time you cross it. Waxed a new Z06 BADLY there from 80(lol wtf)-~150, with their top down and his GF in the passenger seat LOL. Was on the bike, with GF on the back. Dude was pacing along side gassing/letting off with a cheesy *** smirk and my GF actually told me to go for it!

He kept flying though and 2 minutes later getting off the bridge saw him pulled over by a cop with his girl head down texting on her phone. I was lmao.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Say what????

I have

Gears | JLT RAI | Catback | MGW shifter

Adamantium has

LT's l 4" custom flowmaster y merge dumped l SLP lid l Potz ported TB l & more

Yet I'm "modded to the teeth in comparison".

Old 04-15-2013, 10:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hero run? Not quite...without the suspension parts on worn out ET Streets I still pulled a high 7 in the 1/8. I ran 3 times, all 3 times are posted, and the other 2 were aborted. So if Adam was to run me that day when I aborted yea he would have won. However I still coulda got it back into gear and outran him. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
Old 04-15-2013, 10:51 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sail Hatan
Stick cars are cooler.
Originally Posted by loudblack97z71
Yep, welcome to LS1tech where everyone roll races, auto's are ghey and removing your rear seats means you have a "racecar"

When was the last time you seen a stalled auto win a roadrace???nascar??? dirt track??? Texas mile???? .....hhhhmmm anything other than a dragrace??
Originally Posted by Redfire 03
No offense, but this posts sounds biased as hell. Typical comment I would expect from a Gen1 V owner who knows their car is at a SERIOUS disadvantage at the drag strip.

That's why I love owning a vehicle that will get it done in any scenario, rather it be drag strip, road course, street..whatever! Best of everything.
Originally Posted by Redfire 03
And I see you're still making retarded post after post as usual. Nothings changed.
Your a moron. Do you have anything better to do than act like a pompas *****? So why don't don't you explain to us how a idiot such as yourself can afford a Zr1?? If you can do that job I'm sure anyone on this site could. Now get off my dickface.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:53 AM
10 Second Club

Hero run? Not quite...without the suspension parts on worn out ET Streets I still pulled a high 7 in the 1/8. I ran 3 times, all 3 times are posted, and the other 2 were aborted. So if Adam was to run me that day when I aborted yea he would have won. However I still coulda got it back into gear and outran him. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
Take off the et streets and watch it back up into the 8's.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Take off the et streets and watch it back up into the 8's.
I did take off the ET Streets...it went to 7.7 from 7.9

Quick Reply: Mach at the track