Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach at the track

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 11:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 450 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by automach1
Don't go off subject. So answer the question.
You answered it when you sold your pos. You gave up....you "crawfished" in a bigger way than I have ever seen anyone "crawfish". Face the facts.....you suck. After all the build bullshit you talked you couldn't get that pos to go. You did the worst thing you could've done and gave up. You proved it to us that you are really that shitty.
Originally Posted by lemons12
You want to make a point.. PUT TIRES ON a similarly modded fbody car, take it down the 1/8 mile and then rub it in Kevins face. Until then, you have NOTHING to say to him. He modded smart, the other modded dumb. Throw all that power to a car but spin your *** off and run a slower time, YOUR fault, not his.

With this thinking it would be never ending... Yea but he CAI is slightly better designed, but he has two cams VS my own, but he has a lighter cassette player and I have a 12 disk.

Bla bla bla... Honda ricer BS whining and excuses why a car isn't doing what it "should".

WERE RACING!!! Run tires to use the power you make!
Done did that.....he just wants to keep whining about it. I could give a **** less about 1/8 mile anyway. Lets stretch it out to a 1/2 mile see where that Mach is then.....lmao
Old 04-16-2013, 11:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium

But stoppy still thinks his car will go low 12s based off of his 1/8th. So what he keeps saying is "oh notch only went x faster" when stoppy hasn't even gone to the 1/4 himself. But your saying were talking about what ifs? Lol stoppy is talking about the ultimate what if.
@ 7.99 it went 12.5 so with it running 7.7 I'd say it's safe to say it will run low 12's.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:41 PM
Banned

You want to make a point.. PUT TIRES ON a similarly modded fbody car, take it down the 1/8 mile and then rub it in Kevins face. Until then, you have NOTHING to say to him. He modded smart, the other modded dumb. Throw all that power to a car but spin your *** off and run a slower time, YOUR fault, not his.

With this thinking it would be never ending... Yea but he CAI is slightly better designed, but he has two cams VS my own, but he has a lighter cassette player and I have a 12 disk.

Bla bla bla... Honda ricer BS whining and excuses why a car isn't doing what it "should".

WERE RACING!!! Run tires to use the power you make!
What you're saying is all true, but Stoppy is the one who is saying all this ''Ford does more with less'' bullshit. Bringing up how much displacement his engine has every other post. Or the ''more power per liter'' Honda ricer BS lol. How is that any better than saying he had Slicks compared to a DR on the LS car? Or he has more cams, valves, ect?
Old 04-16-2013, 11:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Done did that.....he just wants to keep whining about it. I could give a **** less about 1/8 mile anyway. Lets stretch it out to a 1/2 mile see where that Mach is then.....lmao
Why waste the gas? Lets just do 60'. I'll bitch slap that LS1 all the way back to the hills.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:43 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
@ 7.99 it went 12.5 so with it running 7.7 I'd say it's safe to say it will run low 12's.
Thats a what if. That is my point, until you actually run it i wouldn't be claiming anything.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude notch already runs 11s with the similar mods, only his intake is port matched and he has a bigger MAF and hes on a DR on stock suspension and traps 8mph more than him.

But stoppy still thinks his car will go low 12s based off of his 1/8th. So what he keeps saying is "oh notch only went x faster" when stoppy hasn't even gone to the 1/4 himself. But your saying were talking about what ifs? Lol stoppy is talking about the ultimate what if.
I know all about Notch's car... It is a little more "optimized" than Stopsigns car. Don't bull **** a bull *******.

On a quick run down, they are somewhat similarly modded. 100% full details and Kevin is behind in the mod department.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

It isn't.... AGAIN! I haven't read much of ANYTHING since I stopped posting several pages back. I came back in and read 7-8 posts and just see everyone bitching about tires like bit ole titty babies.

Put tires on your car and quit bitching and surely don't talk about what it COULD run with tires.... Might as well talk about what mine COULD run with a stroker/2 stages/etc etc.. It is all fantasy.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:46 PM
Banned

You answered it when you sold your pos. You gave up....you "crawfished" in a bigger way than I have ever seen anyone "crawfish". Face the facts.....you suck. After all the build bullshit you talked you couldn't get that pos to go. You did the worst thing you could've done and gave up. You proved it to us that you are really that shitty.
I did not sell anything and that combo has been going. It will be making a pass here soon I wonder how butthurt you will get when a n/a 4.6 goes faster then your motor swapped Camaro.

So answer the question why is the ls1 over a second slower then the 4.6 4v in all out builds????????

Last edited by automach1; 04-17-2013 at 12:00 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:46 PM
Banned

I know all about Notch's car... It is a little more "optimized" than Stopsigns car. Don't bull **** a bull *******.

On a quick run down, they are somewhat similarly modded. 100% full details and Kevin is behind in the mod department.
I like how you ignored how your circle jerk buddy stopsign is also basing what he's saying off of what ifs. It doesn't matter he has like 2 mods more that i can think of over stopsigns car and 8 mph more, with the right 60 foot it would skull **** OPs car. But its a what if nvm those aren't allowed only stop sign can use them :/
Old 04-16-2013, 11:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thats a what if. That is my point, until you actually run it i wouldn't be claiming anything.
Do the math! It's not a what if
Old 04-16-2013, 11:52 PM
Banned

I like how you ignored how your circle jerk buddy stopsign is also basing what he's saying off of what ifs. It doesn't matter he has like 2 mods more that i can think of over stopsigns car and 8 mph more, with the right 60 foot it would skull **** OPs car. But its a what if nvm those aren't allowed only stop sign can use them :/
Mine went 112 on a stock manifold and t/b at a heavier weight In a AUTO boom there goes your mph argument.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:53 PM
Banned

Do the math! It's not a what if
Do the math your 60 foot onto notch's slip

The pot calling the kettle black.

Originally Posted by automach1
Mine went 112 on a stock manifold and t/b at a heavier weight In a AUTO boom there goes your mph argument.
still 4 mph slower than notch :/ sorry. Nice try though. Notch was on a stock tune aswell.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

I didn't ignore anything.. I simply didn't read it cause I don't give a **** enough.

I know Kevin a bit better than some of you guys and can read through the lines when he posts.

It isn't "like 2 mods more".... If that is what you think, you obviously don't know the car well enough.

So someone talks about my slow *** stalled auto "skull *******" you and now all of a sudden everything is skull ******* everything to you?
Old 04-16-2013, 11:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 450 Likes on 355 Posts

Why waste the gas? Lets just do 60'. I'll bitch slap that LS1 all the way back to the hills.
No doubt you would want to shorten the track. But a slick on the ls car and you will lose on a shorter track to. I just wanted to stretch it out to several buses.

They are similar modded....both have chosen their mods. One did it street trim and had a better result one did it on a full slick w/o as good results.

Trust me when I tell you notch's car had more in it. The gearbox was jicky from low clutch fluid and trying to get threw the gears like that. It got tweeked on that run and had to slow down the shifts after that. Car woulda went 11.8 @117 if it had not been for that.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

He only has 2 mods more? There's 4 that come off the top of my head. Racing clutch, intake, maf, TB. I'm sure there is much more that isn't public. But who knows, maybe not.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

LS1 has it over 4.6 4valves in n/a performance in your average street car for the most part. However for an M6 you are going to have to change the rear with any kind of tire change. That is not cheap and a big hunk of change. The 8.8 is gong to need axles,welded tubes and 31 spline and up carrier to live with sticky tires but I would rather do that than a rear change.

The 5 speeds used in the Mustang are weak compared to the t56. Autos are a toss up when comparing. I went 11s with a stock trans with just a pan,cooler and converter about 75 times with bolt ons with stock wheels and DRs over a year span. I don't have enough experience to say if the 4 valve Mach tranny could survive it.

Id have to say for the average guy the LS1 F body has the advantage with bolt ons if the rear problem is addressed in both cars. Heads cam the LS1 has the advantage in regards to labor and cost and its also easier and cheaper to add cubes to that same motor. Doesn't mean either is wrong to mod.

If you are into bolt ons an A4 LS1 Fbody is the way to goand still in regards to cost and ease and still retain the glass 10 bolt . Do it right and you can smash up power adder 4 valves from a dig easy.

I still think the Mustang is a better built car stock to stock during that time period though(98-02).
Old 04-16-2013, 11:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

still 4 mph slower than notch :/ sorry. Nice try though. Notch was on a stock tune aswell.
Notch also wasn't on an untouched intake/TB now was he?

Stop while you are ahead.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

No doubt you would want to shorten the track. But a slick on the ls car and you will lose on a shorter track to. I just wanted to stretch it out to several buses.
No I wouldn't. I'd pull a 1.5ish to his 0 because he broke.

BAHAHAHAHA
Old 04-16-2013, 11:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

They are similar modded....both have chosen their mods. One did it street trim and had a better result one did it on a full slick w/o as good results.

Trust me when I tell you notch's car had more in it. The gearbox was jicky from low clutch fluid and trying to get threw the gears like that. It got tweeked on that run and had to slow down the shifts after that. Car woulda went 11.8 @117 if it had not been for that.
Come on Hio.... Similar modded? Bolt on cars? Sure.... But there is more to it than that.

You can say it runs better all day but don't play it off like it is less than it is. It took a good bit of time and effort to get it to do what it is doing.. Otherwise, like yours, more people would have those ET/mph with similar, or better, setups.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:58 PM
Banned

He only has 2 mods more? There's 4 that come off the top of my head. Racing clutch, intake, maf, TB. I'm sure there is much more that isn't public. But who knows, maybe not.

I thought you had an afermarket clutch? You have a tune? he's on a stock tune, like i said besides that he has a intake and MAF over you. Not sure about the TB.

I didn't ignore anything.. I simply didn't read it cause I don't give a **** enough.
Then why are you even on here posting? Makes you look like an idiot.

It isn't "like 2 mods more".... If that is what you think, you obviously don't know the car well enough.
Tell us then. Spill the beans bro.

So someone talks about my slow *** stalled auto "skull *******" you and now all of a sudden everything is skull ******* everything to you?
Uh no.

Quick Reply: Mach at the track