Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach at the track

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013 | 12:31 AM
On The Tree

Honestly it would be very interesting to see a same sized LS engine and mod motor both boosted equally to see which one would make more power.
Old 04-23-2013 | 12:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I never back pedal. I don't eve mind admitting when I'm wrong. Unlike you and your awesome n/a Mach build. Even your dumbass was smart enough to figure out if your gonna mess with a mod motor you better use boost.

Well still waiting for you to admit being wrong about a stock ls6 making 800+ with a 2.3 on pump. That awesome n/a build runs so don't worry when I post the results you will be full of excuses like always. If I wanted I could throw a mild n/a setup in the mach and hurt a lot of feelings. So no mod motors do not need boost they just prefer it because with it 4v>lsx anything. I just needed a newer car and was tired of the bad luck I had with that car. Oh and before you make a comment about that there is a reason you needed a motor swapped ls6 .

So at what point do you stop making your blower bigger? Or do you just start stacking them up?

Until they stop making power obviously. If I could afford it a whipple 4.0 would be on my mod list. You act as if only chevy motors make big power with big blowers

Yep. bent crank....roasted 2 rods.

All these ford guys yakkin at me and I have the coolest Mustang and probably one of the nicest fox notch's in existence. Should be faster than most of these guys too.

That car is nice I will give you that. If you put half the time and effort into as you did the Camaro It would be leaps and bounds faster then the Camaro.

hey autoqueer. What are you gonna do when my Ford is faster than yours? You gonna whine about a real engine swap? Gonna complain about the weight of the car? Bitch about me running boost? Tell me it's not stock since the blower is ported?
As far as either of your cars being faster. The chances of us lining up are as about as good as me and Mike lining up. So honestly I could care less. So carry on with some more of your bs and these 800hp ls6s

Last edited by automach1; 04-23-2013 at 12:48 AM.
Old 04-23-2013 | 12:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by automach1
Hio and cobranotch both are on there 2nd motor.
Both IIRC were blown due to driver error. Notch's cobra motor was just a different case, it blew on its own. Pretty sad too since those cars come with a forged rotating assembly from factory. But didn't you go through several motors or several issues with your motor in your mach?
Old 04-23-2013 | 12:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Heater
Honestly it would be very interesting to see a same sized LS engine and mod motor both boosted equally to see which one would make more power.
4v no doubt
Old 04-23-2013 | 12:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by adamantium
Both IIRC were blown due to driver error. Notch's cobra motor was just a different case, it blew on its own. Pretty sad too since those cars come with a forged rotating assembly from factory. But didn't you go through several motors or several issues with your motor in your mach?
Excuses as usual. Yes I had troubles just as they did.
Old 04-23-2013 | 12:51 AM
Banned

What excuses? Thats how it went down. Hios LS1 got put in the wrong gear and blew, i think the same for notch.

Notch's cobra swap just blew because it just didn't hold the power it was making.

You interpret that how you like but thats what happened.
Old 04-23-2013 | 01:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well thats a no brainer. With equal mods 281cid DOHC NA motor makes within 10rwhp of a 346cid LS1. Your best bet would be to take a LS3 and compare it to a 10 year old mod motor if we are going to talk size being equal.
Old 04-23-2013 | 01:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

What excuses? Thats how it went down. Hios LS1 got put in the wrong gear and blew, i think the same for notch.

Notch's cobra swap just blew because it just didn't hold the power it was making.

It didn't hold the power it was making? Stock 03/04 Cobra longblocks have been into the 1,000rwhp range.
Old 04-23-2013 | 01:03 AM
Banned

Ok lol
Old 04-23-2013 | 01:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

I literally just about choked laughing when I read that
You ignored my question
Old 04-23-2013 | 01:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
It didn't hold the power it was making? Stock 03/04 Cobra longblocks have been into the 1,000rwhp range.
Okay? Then why did notch's swap blow?
Old 04-23-2013 | 03:22 AM
On The Tree

Heater who took the pic of your car? I want a better pic of my car leaving.
I'm on another website that has two races a year. It's some of the fastest street cars in NC that show up (SC, TN, and Va also), it's called Dragging Rights. There are several guys on there that are heavy into photography that take pictures of the cars. That picture was taken by one of them at Fayetteville Dragging Rights a couple of years ago.

If you ever decide to leave your local tracks and come race with us at a Dragging Rights, I'm sure that you will get some high quality shots of your car.

I didn't mean to ignore your question, I was going to respond to it when I got home and post a few more pictures from a couple of past Dragging Rights.
Old 04-23-2013 | 07:16 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Most motors with more compression at the same boost will make more power.
You act like 1 point of compression is worth 50hp....note the case....nowhere near the case.
Hio and cobranotch both are on there 2nd motor.
yep....as Adam stated both stuffed in the wrong gear.....neither by me.
Hotrod did a article and a 4.8 that they thought was a 5.3 junkyard motor.
http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/h...g_bang_theory/

Biggest problem with force inducing these engines are the n/a ring gaps. Once that's right they are are pretty tough.

As far as either of your cars being faster. The chances of us lining up are as about as good as me and Mike lining up. So honestly I could care less. So carry on with some more of your bs and these 800hp ls6s
Maybe it would only make 750...idk I'll never do one and I don't like to speak for other.
Little different......your all out build to show us the potential of the n/a 4v went to ****.....vs......cars being put in the wrong gear. That's a huge difference actually.
Well thats a no brainer. With equal mods 281cid DOHC NA motor makes within 10rwhp of a 346cid LS1. Your best bet would be to take a LS3 and compare it to a 10 year old mod motor if we are going to talk size being equal.
So now n/a 4v's make 360rwhp with bolt-ons??? What's wrong with yours?

Ls3's can go well over 400whp with bolt-ons. They should make more than my ls6.
Alot don't live to 1/2 that. Do a search about all the voodoo bullshit to keep those things alive. Running a extra qt of oil, long cool downs, no 5th gear pulls, head cooling mods
Okay? Then why did notch's swap blow?
Just as you stated. I hated it when my ls1 got broke. It was a pretty strong one. Ended up good though. That's the sucky part about a pushrod engine. But all engines has their advantages and disadvantages.

As far as this "If you put half the time and effort into as you did the Camaro It would be leaps and bounds faster then the Camaro."

I don't know which will be faster in the end. Notch and I agree the Camaro would've handed the notch it's *** before. But now running at more boost and a ported blower it should be close. The notch has a ton of time in it, at this point the notch has MORE mods.....it's a real engine swap vs replacement engine. The Camaro can do much more than the notch. It handles better and stops better. The notch is more drag oriented. Brakes are lighter on the notch, chassis is lighter on the notch but overall weight the notch will be heavier with a worse front bias than the Camaro. Some of the mods done to the Camaro just can't be done to the notch or would be pointless and possibly make it perform worse. Should be a good run.

I'm sure we will run them at some point....lol
Old 04-23-2013 | 07:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i think a fair comparison is a 2013 GT500 engine vs a Ls1/ls6 is fair. same cubic inches roughly. surely with and otherwise stock long block as LS1/LS6 can make 662 stock hp. it just needs a blower.

be nice if someone upgraded rods/pistons ONLY in a ls1/ls6 and added boost.

who here thinks a boosted stock ls6 will make more power than a LSA?
Old 04-23-2013 | 08:13 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by assasinator
be nice if someone upgraded rods/pistons ONLY in a ls1/ls6 and added boost.

who here thinks a boosted stock ls6 will make more power than a LSA?
My friends 01 Z06 made 572rwhp with bolt ons and A&A kit V3-Si (10psi). I know of a few 02+ guys that broke 600rwhp with that kit though I don't remember specifics on their builds.
Old 04-23-2013 | 08:33 AM
On The Tree

My 98 Formula made 700rwhp with a low compression 383, T trim, 806 heads, LS1 intake, and a mild blower cam. This was through a 4l60 and cats and was built in 1999. I was crucified on here for having a low power pos.
Old 04-23-2013 | 08:54 AM
Staging Lane

WTF is going on in here?

Some random facts:

1. LS6 motor can easily make 800rwhp with 16-18lbs of boost, if you have the right supercharger.

2. People have made 740+rwhp on the stock LS6 short block and it has lasted for years. Some have had theirs blow up at 500rwhp in months. It's all a gamble and based on how they drive it and the tuner (BIG factor).

3. You could say size the blower to the motor, but sizing it for your power goals is a better idea. Its about efficiency. What's the sense in over spinning a little Vortech Si-Trim with a ridiculous 18lbs of boost when you could run a big YSi at much lower boost for the same power?
Old 04-23-2013 | 09:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Where did he make any sense?? Why would you use the same size blower?? It's a bigger ******* engine.....use a bigger blower.
2.3L is plenty efficient for an LS1/6. Fyi the mighty LS9 378ci in the ZR1 uses a (Eaton) 2.3L, the LSA even smaller 1.9L blower. Stick to things you actually know about.
Old 04-23-2013 | 09:21 AM
9 Second Club

I don't think many stock bottom end ls cars last with 800rwhp. Stating that it's a easy and reliable feat is quite laughable. Ive seen plenty of built cars blow with far less and those with stock bottom end cars don't drive them hard or are track only garage queens.
Old 04-23-2013 | 09:26 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by willizm
I don't think many stock bottom end ls cars last with 800rwhp. Stating that it's a easy and reliable feat is quite laughable. Ive seen plenty of built cars blow with far less and those with stock bottom end cars don't drive them hard or are track only garage queens.
Mine is just a garage queen... sans garage.

Quick Reply: Mach at the track