Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

400 whp 5.0 Mustang vs few LS1 camaro's

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 08:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Comparing 5.0 mustang to corvettes again LoL

Glad some Mustang v Fif Gen got in the thread though !!

Old 09-19-2013, 10:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OVA1
All true… but there is no end to the examples out there which provide any objective observer, with what such would look like, if Chevy DID have a licensed A.M. builder… the ZL1, ZR1, Z28… dead *** stock they smoke the stock equivalent from Ford.

Want to compare the Shelby? Fine… Take the Shelby to where Lingenfelter is running his ZL1. Run him for slips and you'll need a bus ticket.
Going to have to disagree with you there OVA... There is no ZL1 out ther Lingenfelter or other that is, nor can compete with the GT500's. Especially in a straight line. Proof CAN be provided if you want.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 479 Likes on 376 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Lmfao now he's whining about weight

Heater get to use 15 degree heads??

Since the Cobra IRS has such a strong rep LOL was all done on a DOT tire but good guess on the slicks part...
Why would you use anything but stock heads? Heater's the one that goes crying about my weight.....I just give it back a little.

Dot bias tire.....might as well be a slick. So are you telling me that your irs is worse than a 10bolt?
Originally Posted by Heater
Why is a SBF a heavy weight and a SBC a middle weight and how am I maxed at 351?

If me having no wipers is what you want to use as your excuse, LoL go ahead. I think my car looks cleaner without the wipers on it.

Maybe if we were racing for highest mph, but as you know I'm more about e.t than mph. Maybe you should quit 1/4 mile racing your car and start racing it on 1 mile courses. That way your 10 bolt won't be your excuse.

Sure, when you can take some pixie dust and reduce his engine size down to mine, or better yet take some of that pixie dust and make my engine the size of his.

I could say the same for a SBC, how much sense does that make? Yeah it goes back to what you see in person as being fact and not what really is fact.
LOL at heater bolding up everything.

The comparison he wanted on the sbc vs sbf was 350 vs 351. The reason the I said middle weight sbc was because he said 350. A 400 should be used as it is a maximum small block. The sbf is maxed at 351. Remember I only use oem parts. There for anything larger than a 351(other than overbore) from a sbf does not exist to me.

Everybody's car would look cleaner w/o wipers......sorry excuse.

I would love to do a 1mile run heater......your point was what? But thanks.....I know you've chatted with notch asking him about my mph. Jealous of it? It's about to go up a bit

How bout this for pixie dust. My ls6 in your fox that's set-up to go straight and should weigh less than my car would probably go faster than your built ford. ......and it's stock.

That looks like a pretty good round of facts.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:15 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol at you still thinking that car is a legit 131+ mph car after that Bolton GTR ran away from you. It's only 4-5 cars bro bahahahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWahg...ature=youtu.be
Old 09-19-2013, 11:32 PM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

After learning that bolt-on GTR's can run 9's @ almost 140........yea. It sure as hell beats the hell out you thinking yours is after some lame roll races with junk.

Besides I have the slips to back it up from different trips to the track.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:23 AM
On The Tree

This is exactly the reason I asked you what you do if I took 408's challenge, can't give credit even after you said you would.

Always have to angle the facts to make it look like you win an argument.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by automach1
Lol at you still thinking that car is a legit 131+ mph car after that Bolton GTR ran away from you. It's only 4-5 cars bro bahahahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWahg...ature=youtu.be
I heard that your modded/blown GT500 didn't even trap 120?
Old 09-20-2013, 02:46 AM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

**** and i thought the 4v was the fastest car around
Old 09-20-2013, 03:32 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by OneSlowV

Only if it's a 5.0
Old 09-20-2013, 03:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Chevy isn't offering a COPO Camaro… and the Z28 will best the Cobra Jet, every time. Anyone having a problem with that, should just sling it into my shop for a few hours and we'll solve that problem.

Yep…

You really should research before you click "submit reply".
Old 09-20-2013, 03:50 AM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Guess so cause the 5.4 just isn't cutting it lol
Old 09-20-2013, 05:21 AM
On The Tree

Guess so cause the 5.4 just isn't cutting it lol

Sarcastic?
Old 09-20-2013, 06:06 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lmfao anything to give GM the edge by 50 plus cubes Hio is all about it
Old 09-20-2013, 06:21 AM
Staging Lane

I'm am currently eating my wheaties prob going to need it tonight. So the guy I'm going to go t-slips with goes with his other car over his gt500. And the 500 makes way more power than me lol I have a feeling I'm just going to be doing damage control not to much else
Old 09-20-2013, 06:54 AM
Teching In

Want to compare the Shelby? Fine… Take the Shelby to where Lingenfelter is running his ZL1. Run him for slips and you'll need a bus ticket.
None of the "Shelby" GT500s sold by ford have licensed engine builders. They are ford SVT designed engines built in the Ford Romeo plant. The only thing those cars have licensed from "Shelby" are the badges with his name on it.

If you want to compare a Lingenfelter to anything you should probably start here:
http://www.slashgear.com/shelby-to-u...show-26275299/
Old 09-20-2013, 07:07 AM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Heater
This is exactly the reason I asked you what you do if I took 408's challenge, can't give credit even after you said you would.

Always have to angle the facts to make it look like you win an argument.
Just givin it back to ya after bitching about my car. Your always wondering how equal cars would be at comparable whatever......here's your chance. Fatten that bitch up. But oh you only want the caomparison's you want to work to your favor.
Originally Posted by TitanTransAm
I heard that your modded/blown GT500 didn't even trap 120?
lol.......but that ****'s the greatest ever!
If you looked on here that's what one would think. But apparently they all need something to push air threw them to even make a decent comparison.
Originally Posted by Lawhead
Lmfao anything to give GM the edge by 50 plus cubes Hio is all about it
Your max vs mine. Not my problem you can't get to 400~ci. I didn't design either. Same goes for you guys lame bullshit you spit on 281's. Blame ford for both. No one did it but them.
Originally Posted by 408-99-f
I'm am currently eating my wheaties prob going to need it tonight. So the guy I'm going to go t-slips with goes with his other car over his gt500. And the 500 makes way more power than me lol I have a feeling I'm just going to be doing damage control not to much else
Gt500 = dyno queen. If you can put up times equal for your power he'll need a blower change to keep up. Just like the rest of them on this board...........................fact
Old 09-20-2013, 07:14 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Going to have to disagree with you there OVA... There is no ZL1 out ther Lingenfelter or other that is, nor can compete with the GT500's. Especially in a straight line. Proof CAN be provided if you want.
Well, Ok… Pop. I'll take what proof ya have. Zingin'ling was producin' somethin' well north of 700whp on their Z, with a 12K mod package. And if the Stock GT500 is beating that, well, I'll happily cop to it.

Thanks for the correction, assumin' it holds up and a humble "I told ya…" should it not.

"LET THE GAMES BEGIN!"

Old 09-20-2013, 07:14 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Hio you have to admit that the 5.0 4V doesn't really need a blower to 'keep up'... look at the power output... if you could actually put the massive thing in the engine bay of your car it would fly without a blower.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Just givin it back to ya after bitching about my car. Your always wondering how equal cars would be at comparable whatever......here's your chance. Fatten that bitch up. But oh you only want the caomparison's you want to work to your favor.

I guess that I can put the wipers back on it to fatten it up to your weight. Then all I would have to do is go through my drive line and do rotating mass weight reduction and then do a bunch of aero tricks to the body to get the mph up there.

I'd probably consult the guys that used to run the Maxton Mile, since those guys are like you and are more concerned about mph than anything else.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:24 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mr. e
None of the "Shelby" GT500s sold by ford have licensed engine builders. They are ford SVT designed engines built in the Ford Romeo plant. The only thing those cars have licensed from "Shelby" are the badges with his name on it.

If you want to compare a Lingenfelter to anything you should probably start here:
http://www.slashgear.com/shelby-to-u...show-26275299/
Ok, FINE! Shelby Cobras are built at the Factory… SUPER.
They also sport a significantly larger blower, and a significantly inferior chassis/suspension…

Put an equitably displaced blower in the ZL1 and equitable tires and driver of course, and its over.

That's all I'm sayin'. The ZL1 comes with a nice, modest little blower, more than sufficient to push the cushy, finely appointed interior and state of the art suspension package up the road with a respectable report.

It wasn't built to beat the future GT500 in a straight line… it was built as a complete package… capable of >1.g laterals and with decent tires, the plush cruiser comes over the trap in the low 12s anywhere, and with a solid driver, decent track and sweet air it's 11's.

No downside to that…

Quick Reply: 400 whp 5.0 Mustang vs few LS1 camaro's