Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Camaro Z28 vs H/C 306ci Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 10:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Originally Posted by "MAC"
Um nope that would be snake please tell me how you put new heads on a ls1 with out bolting them on..... ill wait. Lets not forget the definition of a bolt on do i need to repost that for you to?
You found some random *** site off the Internet to use as a definition to aid your argument.... Then tell someone to get educated, When you change the heads on a car it becomes out of the realm of a "bolt on" car it becomes a Heads/Cam car because if you're not changing the cam there Is 0 reason to go aftermarket heads. You bolt on a blower is it no longer a blower but simply a "bolt on" ?
Lmao so now heads are considered the same as a cam.... didn't know you bolted on a cam thanks! A blower is forced induction yes you bolt it on but its different because its FORCING air into the motor big difference heads don't FORCE air INTO a motor...
Old 01-26-2014, 10:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lmao so now heads are considered the same as a cam.... didn't know you bolted on a cam thanks! A blower is forced induction yes you bolt it on but its different because its FORCING air into the motor big difference heads don't FORCE air INTO a motor...
God you're an idiot ....
Old 01-26-2014, 10:32 PM
Banned

Also how is changing the heads changing the cam? Does it magically change the specs on the grind of the cam? No it doesn't so again how does it change the cam?
Old 01-26-2014, 10:33 PM
Banned

God you're an idiot ....
Im the idiot right you can't prove me wrong so i must be an idiot got it
Old 01-26-2014, 10:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

Equal stuff up? like you comparing the 302 to the 350 LMAO you're so one way its unreal.....

Why an F-car when you can do this

That guy fucked up a good vette.

How am I one way? Buy wanting to equal up weight/ rear strength? For christ sakes we're talking h/c furd vs bolt-on lt
Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Can totally agree with that. One of my old friends (the "Karger," in Calibrated by Karger) has a hard running LQ in his notch and it goes like the wind.

1) That's a ricer argument. I thought you liked OE ****?
2) No you don'tu
3) That's only the 13512652431th time we've all seen you type that. And the 351W in my friend Tyler's '83 foxbody seemed to fit just fine.
You have to change the steering and put a hood on a fox for the 351 to fit proper. Not much room for the headers either.

Yep I like oe ****......but 7.5s suck for a m6 car.

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
You can run Ford racing heads if you want factory stuff. But since cars sans the R didn't come with 351s a OEM head used in production comes down to a few including the old GT40 cast irons used in a lightening truck. Just too small. If on a budget just look on the Corral for used heads-canfields etc are on there all the time.

I went 107s with deflated drag radials. I went a best of 111MPH on street radials with proper psi. Look up my username on LS1.com back in the late 90s(Mike 92LX). LS1 guys were stating they could killed heads cam foxes with grotty headers,lids,tunes and screens removed from MAF. NOPE. I killed them all. They lost. Rolls etc. Now you might argue it was shallow victory for me and I don't mean to imply a 5.0 pushrod is in a LS1s ball park in terms of output but if you were smart you won. When aftermarket picked up and I started seeing cammed cars going 112-113MPH(back then that was moving) it was blower time. I was trapping 123MPH with a quiet FMS/Powerdyne that no one could hear. The ones on spray were close. Back then anything over a 150 shot was risky.

Only reason I never did a 351 based motor is that I could not disguise it and I wanted to keep the stock hood. Back then you couldn't. Now days you can. For a while you could get a 351 aluminum block from Ford racing. I should have went that route instead of an Rblock. I made a lot of mistakes but that is part of the hobby.
351s fit in Fox just fine hell Ford racing sold a kit so you needed nothing to do it.

Not my problem Fbodies had ten bolts. They had cubes and compression on me. Run what you brung. It deflated a lot of egos when after LS guys were waving their 305-315RWHP dyno slips-they got slapped. Only LS I lost to was a sprayed auto with converter back then. He got me out of the hole,blew a headgasket but could not make up the ground. Oh well can't win them all.
As you can tell from alot of guys on here. ....... I'm sure you could kill alot of bolt on ls1's back then. My car went 12.6 @ 112.8 back in the day with the ls1........no tire.....poop headers.....stock catback. .......full weight.......no tune.....on the oe 17's. ......ls1 intake..........stock gear.......nothing special. I wound say your h/c fox would be one of the stronger ones. And with my car being fairly mild you would've had your hands full. Especially being those times came from Dixon.

Sure it's not your problem fcars rears were less than ideal. But the rear and weight of the fox is the only thing that kept it in the ball park. It don't do much good to have a larger more powerful engine if you can't use the power or you basically give the other car a running start.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:37 PM
10 Second Club

Also how is changing the heads changing the cam? Does it magically change the specs on the grind of the cam? No it doesn't so again how does it change the cam?
Once again you're a complete dumbass

Who said it changes the cam...
Old 01-26-2014, 10:38 PM
10 Second Club

Did you even read the definition of bolt on? If not why are you posting? Hell even according to the definition heads are bolt ons......
If heater considers a blower a I take why can't heads be a bolt on? ....lol
***Repost Police***

I notice how only ford guys are tryn to talk **** right now thats hilarious
Oh just wait.
Im the idiot right you can't prove me wrong so i must be an idiot got it
Just stop.
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
That guy fucked up a good vette.

How am I one way? Buy wanting to equal up weight/ rear strength? For christ sakes we're talking h/c furd vs bolt-on lt

You have to change the steering and put a hood on a fox for the 351 to fit proper. Not much room for the headers either.

Yep I like oe ****......but 7.5s suck for a m6 car.

As you can tell from alot of guys on here. ....... I'm sure you could kill alot of bolt on ls1's back then. My car went 12.6 @ 112.8 back in the day with the ls1........no tire.....poop headers.....stock catback. .......full weight.......no tune.....on the oe 17's. ......ls1 intake..........stock gear.......nothing special. I wound say your h/c fox would be one of the stronger ones. And with my car being fairly mild you would've had your hands full. Especially being those times came from Dixon.

Sure it's not your problem fcars rears were less than ideal. But the rear and weight of the fox is the only thing that kept it in the ball park. It don't do much good to have a larger more powerful engine if you can't use the power or you basically give the other car a running start.
But the 48 cubes and upped compression slip your mind

Brb going to go find a rock to argue with
Old 01-26-2014, 10:39 PM
10 Second Club

If heater considers a blower a I take why can't heads be a bolt on? ....lol
Don't feed the dumbass any glimpse of him having an argument here he's not going to catch on to your sarcasm ....
Old 01-26-2014, 10:42 PM
10 Second Club

I notice how only ford guys are tryn to talk **** right now thats hilarious
Kinda like when I say the blower on the zl is to small. All the furd guys yak........but strangely enough all of them have larger or modified blowers than stock ........hmmm..
Old 01-26-2014, 10:43 PM
***Repost Police***

Kinda like when I say the blower on the zl is to small. All the furd guys yak........but strangely enough all of them have larger or modified blowers than stock ........hmmm..
Now you're getting really ridiculous. I honestly think you're just backing him up cuz he drives an F-body.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:45 PM
10 Second Club

But the 48 cubes and upped compression slip your mind

Brb going to go find a rock to argue with
As mike said........not my problem they have a pissy *** little motor.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Now you're getting really ridiculous. I honestly think you're just backing him up cuz he drives an F-body.
Is what I said not true?

We both know what I said is true.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:48 PM
Banned

Y'all have yet given me any reason as to why heads aren't a bolt on. And then y'all call me names on top of that. It seems like y'all dont know what y'all are talking about to me. Hell i even consider headers in the category of exhaust and not bolt ons
Old 01-26-2014, 10:52 PM
10 Second Club

I'll tell you what Mac

You go onto any sub forum here ( Gen III, Gen IV,LT1 etc etc) and you ask that same question and say

"I think heads are a bolt on"

And tell me the reaction you get
***Repost Police***

Y'all have yet given me any reason as to why heads aren't a bolt on. And then y'all call me names on top of that. It seems like y'all dont know what y'all are talking about to me. Hell i even consider headers in the category of exhaust and not bolt ons
Yep.
***Repost Police***

This deserved its own quote. My God.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:57 PM
Banned

So again no proof as to why heads are not bolt ons got it guess you mustang guys come in handy yall easily helped prove my point
Old 01-26-2014, 10:57 PM
***Repost Police***

Do you honestly believe that heads are a bolt-on, and exhaust isn't?

Quick Reply: Camaro Z28 vs H/C 306ci Mustang