Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Camaro Z28 vs H/C 306ci Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 11:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Originally Posted by "MAC"
Yes ill tell you why Heads you clearly BOLT them ON so heads = BOLT ONS (considering there are two for V8 chevy engines) headers are exhaust because they replace EXHAUST MANIFOLDS which is where the exhaust system starts at. Again show proof as to how you install heads WITHOUT BOLTING THEM ON or this subject is solely personal beliefs as to what its classified under. In other ords its to each their own.
Are doors bolt-ons? What about seats? The fact that such simple concepts escape you really lets everyone know just how we-todd-did you really are.
My new tail light is another bolt on!!!!

I'm seriously dying over here. My girlfriend is asking me wtf is so hilarious.

Just to recap: heads = bolt on.

Headers = not bolt on but exhaust.

Anything that requires a bolt to fasten it = bolt on.

HiO will lower himself to back up this retard simply because he bats for the home team.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:48 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Snake95 why are you even responding? A monkey is smarter than you and btw i never said anything that requires a bolt to fasten it is a bolt on just shows how smart you are. Now eat your banana and shut your mouth
Old 01-26-2014, 11:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup

This isn't real life
Old 01-26-2014, 11:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Yup

This isn't real life
Why bc you have no proof that heads ain't bolt ons?
Old 01-26-2014, 11:53 PM
10 Second Club

So whats considered a bolt on? As i was under the assumption its only what you bolt onto the engine. Example headers, intake, and heads
Here you say headers is a bolt on

You can't keep up with what you said an hour ago ?
Old 01-27-2014, 12:04 AM
Banned

So whats considered a bolt on? As i was under the assumption its only what you bolt onto the engine. Example headers, intake, and heads
Here you say headers is a bolt on

You can't keep up with what you said an hour ago ?
Ok so now your focusing on something else? See what i did there? Yea i said that but then i talked to my lil bro and he changed my view on that. Why because he said the motor can run with out headers it wont last but it can run with out headers therefore headers are apart of the exhaust. Makes perfect sense and also considering its basically a better exhaust manifold. So i changed my opinion. Guess what people do change there opinion. Stop changing the subject tell me more on why the heads aren't a bolt on.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 48 Posts

From the ls1tech quickest stock internals list. Which is the bolt on list.

"*Bolt on's ONLY. Stock internals motor, intake to oil pan, stock long block (as it came from GM). LS6/LSx style intake swaps allowed."

Go start your own bolt on list in the drag racing results and post your stipulations as to what you consider a bolt on and see how many people want to be on your list.

Nobody is saying heads don't bolt to the motor, the term "bolt on" is short for stock internal, and cylinder heads are part of the valvetrain, and if you modify the valvetrain, you are not going to be considered as a bolt on car. According to the majority of reasonable thinkers of the 200,000 plus members on this forum.

Snake, I am also laughing.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:11 AM
10 Second Club

Ok so now your focusing on something else? See what i did there? Yea i said that but then i talked to my lil bro and he changed my view on that. Why because he said the motor can run with out headers it wont last but it can run with out headers therefore headers are apart of the exhaust. Makes perfect sense and also considering its basically a better exhaust manifold. So i changed my opinion. Guess what people do change there opinion. Stop changing the subject tell me more on why the heads aren't a bolt on.
Because as stated 1000382737 times a bolt on is something that doesn't touch the engines oil (exception roller rockers )
Old 01-27-2014, 12:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by FinalCam
From the ls1tech quickest stock internals list. Which is the bolt on list.

"*Bolt on's ONLY. Stock internals motor, intake to oil pan, stock long block (as it came from GM). LS6/LSx style intake swaps allowed."

Go start your own bolt on list in the drag racing results and post your stipulations as to what you consider a bolt on and see how many people want to be on your list.

Nobody is saying heads don't bolt to the motor, the term "bolt on" is short for stock internal, and cylinder heads are part of the valvetrain, and if you modify the valvetrain, you are not going to be considered as a bolt on car. According to the majority of reasonable thinkers of the 200,000 plus members on this forum.

Snake, I am also laughing.
So your telling me that if i use different heads that allow the exhaust gas to flow better but still use the same push rods, lifters, and valve springs its still not considered a bolt on? And btw your the first to give any creditable reason why its not a bolt on. Didnt know it was that hard but then again they are ford nutswingers. Also changing the heads doesn't change the internals of a engine because heads are not inside the engine hence the word internal.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:15 AM
Banned

Because as stated 1000382737 times a bolt on is something that doesn't touch the engines oil (exception roller rockers )
Funny how you make exceptions still not buying it i want proof from a creditable site.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:18 AM
10 Second Club

Funny how you make exceptions still not buying it i want proof from a creditable site.
I didn't make that exception I found out today people consider rockers a bolt on .... And what made the site you grabbed your definition off "Creditable" .....

Funny how i quoted proof of you changing your tone and some how I'm "changing the subject" when you're the one who asked for the proof
Old 01-27-2014, 12:27 AM
Banned

I didn't make that exception I found out today people consider rockers a bolt on .... And what made the site you grabbed your definition off "Creditable" .....

Funny how i quoted proof of you changing your tone and some how I'm "changing the subject" when you're the one who asked for the proof
Are you this stupid? You and everyone else was focused on the whole heads issue as to which you still have no proof of showing me btw. Then you focused on the headers part again thats changing the subject dumbass. And what made that site creditable its an online dictionary meaning it tells you the definition of a word. Have you never heard of a dictionary or even an encyclopedia before? Are you in the army? Just wondering if i need to army proof my statements before i post them (army proofing means dumb stuff down for you people not affiliated with that phrase)
Old 01-27-2014, 12:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 48 Posts

So your telling me that if i use different heads that allow the exhaust gas to flow better but still use the same push rods, lifters, and valve springs its still not considered a bolt on? And btw your the first to give any creditable reason why its not a bolt on. Didnt know it was that hard but then again they are ford nutswingers. Also changing the heads doesn't change the internals of a engine because heads are not inside the engine hence the word internal.
To your first question, on ls1tech and other car forums you would not be considered eligible for the bolt on list. I'm not saying you cannot call it a bolt on, but a lot of people, and I mean a lot don't consider it a bolt on for reasons I've already stated.

Again, I'm not saying you can't consider parts of an engines valvetrain to not be considered as "internals" but ls1tech doesn't abide by those rules. Neither does the heads up coyote stock class as well as multiple other forums with bolt on lists. For the same reasons that I have already stated.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:38 AM
Banned

I hear that but because majority of people think that doesn't make it a fact case in point most people don't think aliens helped build the pyramids is that a fact no its not. Scientists have proved that with their technology it was impossible for them to build it.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:43 AM
On The Tree

So much false information in this thread
Old 01-27-2014, 01:08 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Heater
So seriously ******* RETARDED PEOPLE in this thread
Let me break this down to you "MAC". Take your engine (do you know what that is?), and strip off every piece of the engine where it's nothing but block/heads. If it requires anymore work to pull anything off (whether it's a bolt or otherwise), it isn't a bolt-ons. Bolt-ons cover anything that is above the heads and below the block. THAT is why heads don't count as a bolt-on. If you need anything more than that, then I would guess your IQ rivals Forrest Gump's. And I'm not about to **** your mother to get you into this school.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:29 AM
On The Tree

Most people can't tell the difference between a 302 and a 351, yet Hio says that the 351 doesn't fit in the Fox Body very well.

I guess I just don't get why people talk about **** so matter of fact, when they have no knowledge of what the hell they are saying.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 205 Likes on 124 Posts

Wow this thread got fucked up quick.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:48 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

heads are not a bolt on. Smfh. Heater they fit like **** with a bbk header. I never had enough money for a good header when I messed with fords so that is all I can input. But im sure kooks make them fit proper. A blower is not a bolt on either.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
heads are not a bolt on. Smfh. Heater they fit like **** with a bbk header. I never had enough money for a good header when I messed with fords so that is all I can input. But im sure kooks make them fit proper. A blower is not a bolt on either.
Why bc you said heads aint bolt ons. Face it non of you can give a good reason besides well all of ls1tech people think that and sense ls1tech members know more than GM and other car companies we are right. Lol funny how GM even counts exhaust manifolds as part of the exhaust but yet most people on this site count it as bolt ons...... ******* stupid

Quick Reply: Camaro Z28 vs H/C 306ci Mustang