Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I got drug, and I'm butt hurt. Real butt hurt. Feelings hurt bad.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 04:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now look a cam only LS3 with less than half the amount invested is making ~20 more hp than the heads/cams/intake 5.0 you posted.

He's even on the stock intake manifold! 517 whp/462 lb-ft! Please show me a n/a coyote that makes more than this cam only car!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...24-timing.html

Now we have the 5.bro's making up bs saying they make 550-600 whp n/a; when a heads/cam/intake 5.0 barely made over 500 in the video posted.

Reality is the ford pen pals are just making up possible scenarios where it could happen, bench racing. Truth of the matter is there are no 550-600 whp n/a coyotes and they just got caught in their lies.

Last edited by 4PointSlow; 05-07-2014 at 04:44 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:53 AM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by 4PointSlow
Now look a cam only LS3 with less than half the amount invested is making ~20 more hp than the heads/cams/intake 5.0 you posted.

He's even on the stock intake manifold! 517 whp/462 lb-ft! Please show me a n/a coyote that makes more than this cam only car!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...24-timing.html

Now we have the 5.bro's making up bs saying they make 550-600 whp n/a; when a heads/cam/intake 5.0 barely made over 500 in the video posted.

Reality is the ford pen pals are just making up possible scenarios where it could happen, bench racing. Truth of the matter is there are no 550-600 whp n/a coyotes and they just got caught in their lies.
You are as dumb as they come bro. You just got showed a 5.0 that makes over 500 rwhp. Even if one made 600 rwhp you still wouldn't be happy. Kids like you are laughed at. You have no clue. Have some respect for the other side once and a while instead of sounding like a complete idiot all the time. Is the LSX line up great you bet it is. Same can be said about Fords mod motors.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:54 AM
Teching In

Show me where I said it couldn't make over 500?
Old 05-07-2014, 05:08 AM
10 Second Club

Full bolt ons, heads/cams/intake and it barely makes over 500.

Is that 550? No....
This is just stupid why don't you see more N/A 500 hp coyote engines?
It takes head, cams and a cj intake to get there. At that point it is cheaper to put a supercharger on the car. Not to mention the lsx engines have 15 years of aftermarket development on the 4v 5.0.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:13 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by redline2k
This is just stupid why don't you see more N/A 500 hp coyote engines?
It takes head, cams and a cj intake to get there. At that point it is cheaper to put a supercharger on the car. Not to mention the lsx engines have 15 years of aftermarket development on the 4v 5.0.
True why spend 5k on NA power to make over 500 rwhp. When i can buy a blower for the same price and make 600 hp and have room to grow.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by OneSlowV
True why spend 5k on NA power to make over 500 rwhp. When i can buy a blower for the same price and make 600 hp and have room to grow.
Why spend 5k on n/a power to make 500? Coyote problems. With an LS you can make over 500 with a fraction the amount invested and still make just as much power in f/i applications.

It's competitive but to say it is superior to the ls3 is an outrageous statement.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:31 AM
TECH Regular

Why spend 5k on n/a power to make 500? Coyote problems. With an LS you can make over 500 with a fraction the amount invested and still make just as much power in f/i applications.

It's competitive but to say it is superior to the ls3 is an outrageous statement.
You point is invalid to me. I can make over 550 rwhp and 900 tq with just a 500 dollar tune for my old 6.4 powerstroke. Must make it even more superior than the 5.0 or ls3. You fail to understand you are buying 4 cams instead of one cam. And money don't mean **** if you have it to spend like some people do.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
(Slow clap). If you weren't so far away, I'd give you a hug. An actual compliment without any form of insult. I dig it
I've said it before..... you guys just seem to want to pick and choose what you hear.
Originally Posted by It'llrun
Getting air through 2 holes is easier than through 1, so they don't need massive lift. That's part of what makes DOHC engines such a big deal, particularly at high rpm.

Think of when you're blowing up your g/f and find she's been popped again.. air flows more easily... J/K...

I noticed the compliment on the 5L... Nice.

By which vane definition?

Must be fuel... wait, no... hp per liter... wait, no... dammitman! What is it!

The LS swap is so much more common because the LS has been around since 1997. Before that, for years, decades even, the SBC and SBF were far more common swaps... that's progression.
Actually the reason for dohc high rpm potential is not because it has 2 holes to breathe threw. ........it's because of valve train stability. It has a decent set of heads feeding a not large engine. The biggest reason of the 5.0's success is the vvti imo.

other than that it's much cheaper to make n/a power out of a ls. Look around.....it's even easy enough to do ls7 stuff for a reasonable price.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:28 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What are you guys even arguing about anymore? Yeessh. Yeah both platforms have their pros and cons. Sure you might pay a little more to get a 5.0 to 500whp but guess what, that's money that doesn't have to go toward the ticking time bomb known as a 10 bolt.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:53 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The LS swap is so much more common because the LS has been around since 1997. Before that, for years, decades even, the SBC and SBF were far more common swaps... that's progression.

As for the (discontinued) L92, you're talking about building a used engine vs buying a new engine. Buying an LS3 with 430hp can set you back a tad as well. For example: GM Perfromance part # 19257530 ... LS3... $7,909.97 from Summit Racing.
Both engines im refering to i bought used at the junkyard.

The complete Coyote, including the harness and PCM and the cam tool and cam phaser lock kits AND a new set of cams... $8,864.87, also from Summit Racing.
Again, i was refering to a junkyard motor not a crate engine.

As cam for the Coyote camshaft pricing... $1,500 will get you COMP stuff and that's fine, but a Ford set is about 1/2 that price. Conversely, you can spend $800-1,600 for a rocker arm kit for the L92. Point is, things are just different and if we're talking about new vs new, pricing isn't that far off.
All the ones im finding for "half the price" are two cams. Not all 4.

You don't need an aftermarket rocker for an LS. Springs kit, pushrods, custom cam and trunion upgrade will run you 800-900. Still $600 less and WORLDS easier to install. My point still stands.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:36 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by willizm
What are you guys even arguing about anymore? Yeessh. Yeah both platforms have their pros and cons. Sure you might pay a little more to get a 5.0 to 500whp but guess what, that's money that doesn't have to go toward the ticking time bomb known as a 10 bolt.
Yep, good and bad to both. Build what you want and have fun.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:43 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
The extra lift is exhaust only though, so it's not an enormous difference. As you know, the heads don't make an enormous difference either. From what I've read, once you change intakes there's a 15-20hp difference between the Coyote and Roadrunner.
I was going to go there but decided not to...I enjoyed his comment about making his own 4.2 ratio rockers.
Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Some of you should see what these 5.0s are doing without the hate.

I am seeing a lot of guys going with Coyote swaps in Sn95s,New Edges, hell even 94-95 Cobras. There are already Coyote stock classes in NMRA too. Lot of guys who have the coin(that is only drawback sans the truck motor) give serious thoughts to the Coyote. Its capable of living a long time behind boost unlike an LS1/6. The LS truck motors is comparable since guys who want to boost find it appealing though. Coyote swaps are def on the rise and taking a big bite out of Ford guys who were considering LS power plants
Yep. It's only been on the streets since 2010 and LS guys are all like WHERE ARE ALL THE SWAPS!??!! LSLYFEBRUH!
Originally Posted by HioSSilver
coyotes are good engines.
You're such a nice guy.
(Slow clap). If you weren't so far away, I'd give you a hug. An actual compliment without any form of insult. I dig it
Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Please don't. He's trying to bait someone into asking so he can talk about the LS being a few inches smaller and weighing 30lbs less.
Yep.
Check out the dimensions he posted...guy is a tard. If your argument is that it's smaller and easier to package, don't post specs that prove the contrary. He is...special at best.
But but but but I read online that I should just stick an LSsomething in it?
Lmao. Do you want a hug too sweetie?
I'm here for the gangb---errr hugs I mean.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by snake95
I was going to go there but decided not to...I enjoyed his comment about making his own 4.2 ratio rockers.

Yep. It's only been on the streets since 2010 and LS guys are all like WHERE ARE ALL THE SWAPS!??!! LSLYFEBRUH!

You're such a nice guy.

Yep.

But but but but I read online that I should just stick an LSsomething in it?

Lol. You're late mang!!!
Old 05-07-2014, 10:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
Do you not understand what the saying "Cam only" means?
Indeed, cam swap plus any or every other mod under the sun except for heads or a power adder. It's the losest term anyone can come up with. Too bad the dude said just a cam change, as in he was trying to make it sound like a cam alone is going to make that kind of power. Why I said he makes a mountain out of a molehill when it comes to LSx anything. But just like the LS3, the 5.0 can make over 500whp "cam only" also. They're both awesome production engines, it's just that some people try to beat one down just because the other may be a little better in certain ways. They're ignorance is annoying.

Last edited by R6cowboy; 05-07-2014 at 10:53 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by snake95
You're too tall for this to work.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:53 AM
Teching In

I don't think we're going to convince 4.slow of anything. He seems pretty set on being narrow-minded. That's his choice I suppose, but I personally enjoy learning about everything out there. I've seen impressive setups from just about every manufacturer out there, if he isn't willing to appreciate the hobby as a whole, it's his loss.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think we're going to convince 4.slow of anything. He seems pretty set on being narrow-minded. That's his choice I suppose, but I personally enjoy learning about everything out there. I've seen impressive setups from just about every manufacturer out there, if he isn't willing to appreciate the hobby as a whole, it's his loss.
No Ellis, no care.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
You're too tall for this to work.
Lol, how tall is Snake anyway? I'm 6'2 or thereabouts...we might be able to work something out, lol. (All homo)
Old 05-07-2014, 10:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
No Ellis, no care.
LT fer lyfe!
Old 05-07-2014, 11:21 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by willizm
I don't even know, it's some weird mix of which is the better motor and if the coyote will equal or surpass the LS in popularity. All I've gathered is 4.slow is a ******* idiot and the ford guys semi butthurt that people think the 5.0 won't be as popular as a swap option as the LS is.

Quick Reply: I got drug, and I'm butt hurt. Real butt hurt. Feelings hurt bad.