Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I got drug, and I'm butt hurt. Real butt hurt. Feelings hurt bad.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 07:45 AM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by 4PointSlow
Since when do stock 6.0's trap 110 on an average basis, are you on crack guy?

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205352

All of the full bolt on 6.0's trap 112-114. I trap 113 before changing out the intake manifold, y pipe, catback piping, exhaust manifolds, and running a stock ported tb.

Stall, ported fast 90 intake/tb, full exhaust and the 113 trap will go 115-116 guaranteed.

This is a fact that no bolt on 6.0 has ever touched that, on top of me posting vids of beating 6.0s and ls1 gtos with way more done to it.... what other proof is needed to show that f body>GTO? I'm going out of my way to prove I'm right by racing these.
Since when do all A4 ls1 cars trap 108 mph or more stock? Most of them are 105 mph cars. The A4 GTO was 106-108 mph most of the time. You can only run 275 on the rear if i remember right. Unless you do a mini tub then you still have to deal with the wheel hop.Given that the driver is good in a 6spd ls2 he should pull on a similar modded 4th gen.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:05 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by OneSlowV
Since when do all A4 ls1 cars trap 108 mph or more stock? Most of them are 105 mph cars. The A4 GTO was 106-108 mph most of the time. You can only run 275 on the rear if i remember right. Unless you do a mini tub then you still have to deal with the wheel hop.Given that the driver is good in a 6spd ls2 he should pull on a similar modded 4th gen.
So we are clear on where I stand.... THIS (though I don't know that the ls2 will always pull it should be a damn good race)
Old 05-13-2014, 08:06 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gt4urass

Straight line performance advantage was what I was referencing.
Can you not read they have a WEIGHT disadvantage...last i checked that hurts you.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Mac, they have the LS2. That's what we're saying here. Same engine, no doubt the F-body would win. Think before you want to talk down to people with your "Last I checked" comments.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:19 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Excluding Juice from the conversation... an LS2 GTO is a damn good run for an LS1 Fbody stock for stock... (both have hit 110 traps stock) and trapping 110mph just isn't as common as it's being stated in here. Little tires, IRS and wheel hop were brutal. Minor changes and they haul some *** but if the LS2 GTO has an edge its razor thin here.

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...c_gto_feature/
Thin though it may be, it's an advantage. I don't have a dog in this fight either way, but I just don't think he's being 100% realistic.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:21 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Can you not read they have a WEIGHT disadvantage...last i checked that hurts you.
Your point might be valid if the two drivetrains had ANYTHING in common...
Old 05-13-2014, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Not a clue. For now I'm gonna enjoy driving a car that sips gas and is paid off.
Being an adult sucks sometimes

Hard not to make impulse buys.
Originally Posted by Gt4urass
You're kinda getting ahead of yourself. Stock and mod for mod, they hold an advantage, however slight it may be. Give it time, you'll catch a strong one.
This.
Originally Posted by OneSlowV
This
Originally Posted by "MAC"
GTOs are very easy to pull weight out of. You'd be surprised.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Yeah you can make a GTO haul serious *** with very little effort... Dropping the extra weight is definately one of those things.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:59 PM
Teching In

I don't think you get it, the fastest ever recorded trap speed for a bolt on 6.0 gto is 114 mph. I trapped 113 in near 1000 da with stock manifolds, stock y pipe, stock stall, stock intake manifold, stock ported tb and a cutout.

Why is this so hard to understand? I'm going to gain more than 1 mph of trap with bolt ons that would amount to an extra 40 whp and a light 245 mm 4000 stall converter that can be locked in 3rd.

Regardless of your arguement, the facts are the facts. Bolt on F bodies have trapped as high as 116, the highest recorded trap ever for a 6.0 gto is 114. /thread.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I did look it up.....looks like it kinda under performed when compared to the 6cyl. with both cars having 5sec + 0-60. BTW.....it was not available in this country so how does it even matter? Was a $52k+ price tag to.
The 6cyl version was turbocharged and the 5.4L was N/A, right? ... the hp difference (favoring the 5.4L) was only 5 and the turbo helps juuuuuust a little with hp and torque...

It wasn't sold in America... so what? I made it clear that you were wrong again and wasn't talking about where they sold it(primarily Australia). It matters because you claimed it never existed.

In 2008 it would and should be compared to the ls3......where it still comes up short.
Ahhh... So, as usual and expected, once you realize it DID BEAT OUT the 1st engine you claimed it didn't, now you wanna, AS ALWAYS, change the parameters to give the advantage to your choice...

It's typical of you, but if you do that, who in their right mind can seriously defend the insistence that the 2003 Cobra cannot be compared to the 2002 Camaro SS? Nobody, but you've been doing that for YEARS!

Besides, why should we compared it to the LS3 anyway? Why not compare it to the 327... The only really close GM engine in cubic inches... I know why just as well as you do... The Ford trounces that similarly sized GM offering and always has.

My point has, yet again, been made... Each has its advantages and though you and others don't like to admit the truth about it, Ford does just fine in this "war" of engines.

We know that because each time you lose, you change the participants, the rules, the... parameters in attempt to make the GM look best. HOWEVER, if it's all about the power, as you're showing here (after all, the 2008 LS3 didn't exactly go into a Camaro and neither did the LS2), Ford does have this 5.8L Modular in the 2013 GT500 that makes just 662hp... WHERE YOU ATTTTTT!!!!

Sure they sold all of the GTO's. Just like they sell all of everything else they make.
Yr after yr, they DROP prices to sell off the excess stock. That really wasn't the case with the GTO. Much like Corvette, they just sold them as normal.

Your point was what again you old dumb ******?
Look in the nearest large mirror... the point is on top of your head...

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Yeah you can make a GTO haul serious *** with very little effort... Dropping the extra weight is definately one of those things.
Not to mention that the GTO is simply, far and away, a much, much, much better overall vehicle. The interiors are not at all comparable, even if we're not remembering that the GTO offers rear leg room and rear hip room. The lighting, dash, seats... all much better.

The ride comfort... That's day vs... day on the rocks... GTO!

Originally Posted by 4PointSlow
I don't think you get it, the fastest ever recorded trap speed for a bolt on 6.0 gto is 114 mph. I trapped 113 in near 1000 da with stock manifolds, stock y pipe, stock stall, stock intake manifold, stock ported tb and a cutout.
Not to mention the upgrades nobody told you about before you bought the car...

Why is this so hard to understand? I'm going to gain more than 1 mph of trap with bolt ons that would amount to an extra 40 whp and a light 245 mm 4000 stall converter that can be locked in 3rd.
I just wonder how you're going to feel when you realize the car has mods you weren't aware of and your "upgrades" don't do as well as you had planned.

Regardless of your arguement, the facts are the facts. Bolt on F bodies have trapped as high as 116, the highest recorded trap ever for a 6.0 gto is 114. /thread.
The argument is simple... you're fool of **** and just don't know it.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by snake95
Mac, they have the LS2. That's what we're saying here. Same engine, no doubt the F-body would win. Think before you want to talk down to people with your "Last I checked" comments.
Gt4urass said straight line advantage snake and me saying the ls2 gto is heavier which hurts ot. So what i said is correct and fits very well. I already knew we was talking about the ls2 gto hell ive been talking bout the same how bout you read before you pick selective comments...
Old 05-13-2014, 04:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Being an adult sucks sometimes

Hard not to make impulse buys.

This.

This

GTOs are very easy to pull weight out of. You'd be surprised.
And the ls1 4th gens arent?
Old 05-13-2014, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I know up in MD at least 7 GTOs in the last 8 years who have trapped better than 117MPH with bolt ons on drag radials. I have never ever seen a full bolt on GTO either. Put a real intake on an LS2 and it comes alive. Get rid of the 01 Z06 camshaft and it really flies even though its not a bolt on car anymore. LS2s can run. I am sure GM on purpose put that crappy intake manifold on it so the prior year LS6 still looked good.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
I know up in MD at least 7 GTOs in the last 8 years who have trapped better than 117MPH with bolt ons on drag radials. I have never ever seen a full bolt on GTO either.
This stuff has been known for... ages... you'll never convinced the "No they won't!" crowd... and it's even worse with the, "but that would easily beat me, making all you other people correct and me wrong, again!" crowd!

Ooops... Don't wanna fergit dat smilayyyyy....
Old 05-13-2014, 05:26 PM
Banned

I know up in MD at least 7 GTOs in the last 8 years who have trapped better than 117MPH with bolt ons on drag radials. I have never ever seen a full bolt on GTO either. Put a real intake on an LS2 and it comes alive. Get rid of the 01 Z06 camshaft and it really flies even though its not a bolt on car anymore. LS2s can run. I am sure GM on purpose put that crappy intake manifold on it so the prior year LS6 still looked good.
Good stuff Mike i wasn't talking down the ls2 just simply saying the gtos are held back by the weight disadvantage over the ls1 4th gen is all.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by It'llrun
The 6cyl version was turbocharged and the 5.4L was N/A, right? ... the hp difference (favoring the 5.4L) was only 5 and the turbo helps juuuuuust a little with hp and torque...

It wasn't sold in America... so what? I made it clear that you were wrong again and wasn't talking about where they sold it(primarily Australia). It matters because you claimed it never existed.

Ahhh... So, as usual and expected, once you realize it DID BEAT OUT the 1st engine you claimed it didn't, now you wanna, AS ALWAYS, change the parameters to give the advantage to your choice...

It's typical of you, but if you do that, who in their right mind can seriously defend the insistence that the 2003 Cobra cannot be compared to the 2002 Camaro SS? Nobody, but you've been doing that for YEARS!

Besides, why should we compared it to the LS3 anyway? Why not compare it to the 327... The only really close GM engine in cubic inches... I know why just as well as you do... The Ford trounces that similarly sized GM offering and always has.

My point has, yet again, been made... Each has its advantages and though you and others don't like to admit the truth about it, Ford does just fine in this "war" of engines.

We know that because each time you lose, you change the participants, the rules, the... parameters in attempt to make the GM look best. HOWEVER, if it's all about the power, as you're showing here (after all, the 2008 LS3 didn't exactly go into a Camaro and neither did the LS2), Ford does have this 5.8L Modular in the 2013 GT500 that makes just 662hp... WHERE YOU ATTTTTT!!!!

Yr after yr, they DROP prices to sell off the excess stock. That really wasn't the case with the GTO. Much like Corvette, they just sold them as normal.

Look in the nearest large mirror... the point is on top of your head...

Not to mention that the GTO is simply, far and away, a much, much, much better overall vehicle. The interiors are not at all comparable, even if we're not remembering that the GTO offers rear leg room and rear hip room. The lighting, dash, seats... all much better.

The ride comfort... That's day vs... day on the rocks... GTO!

Not to mention the upgrades nobody told you about before you bought the car...

I just wonder how you're going to feel when you realize the car has mods you weren't aware of and your "upgrades" don't do as well as you had planned.

The argument is simple... you're fool of **** and just don't know it.
You're an idiot. My car dyno'd only 328 whp after a tuneup and cheap $70 mods like a ported ebay ported tb, etc. It dyno'd 282 whp stock with 130k mile plugs and wires.

Before and after tune on current setup, what mods are you talking about? It had stock suspension, engine, rear end, exhaust, everything when I bought it.

Now if you would please stop talking out of your *** like you know everything about everyones personal car.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:33 PM
Teching In

Now quit changing the subject, at the track properly modded LS1 F Body> properly modded LS2 GTO all day.

You really want to know what the car did in the middle of 105 degree summer day in 4000 day with 2.73s? 13.6 @ 104 mph.

Which would equate to a 108-109 trap in sub 1000 da. Friend's bolt on srt8 charger trapped 105 on same day, but on cool 55 degree day he trapped 110+ for example....

It ran slow for what it was if anything stock.

The blue line is a full exhaust ls1, the red line is me. Making nearly 20 whp than me at 6k rp.

Old 05-13-2014, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

You sir are wrong because 4point said so. He has many, many years of internet experience.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

So what is a properly set up bolt on Fbody? GTO?

You don't have any experience with a GTO or you would not make such a stupid post. Remove fuel rail covers and check for ripped or frayed line which is common and replace with braided line. Add radius rod bushings,strut mounts and GForce anti-wheel hop axles . Put a Fast 102,102 NW TB trimmed to clear an EWP on a LS2 Goat along with a Vararam or Svede otrcai. Add 1.8 rockers with springs. Long tube headers along with catback of choice. Stock shifter sucks replace it. Stock clutch is heavy as is ds. Replace both-if not on budget carbon fiber ds or one piece from Gforce. Get at least 373s but 390s will work well(I can't remember the gear ratios for these-something along those lines) Get the car tuned by a great tuner on the street.

You now have a car that would demolish your claimed future et and MPH with your catfish with no seats in it. And we have not even done weigh reduction in the Goat. On the highway you would get DEMOLISHED as well.

Get some experience with cars before bashing them

Last edited by Mike Morris; 05-13-2014 at 06:16 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:18 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

So what is a properly set up bolt on Fbody? GTO?...
No such thing MF'er.

Quick Reply: I got drug, and I'm butt hurt. Real butt hurt. Feelings hurt bad.