Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

calling out snake95\ other 5.0's!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 08:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're just mad that I respond to your insults. You'd rather me not see them and come back with facts.

Sorry Tiny Tim, it's my choice whether to ignore you or not. I don't care how much you stomp your feet and how many temper tantrums you have.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
You are literally laughed at because all you do is type these types of responses with NO substance when you're wrong. I imagine you as a senile person mumbling to yourself when you type the **** that you do

You don't provide facts, you provide your personal bias and are proven wrong multiple times a day. I appreciate the flattery, though, that or it's just a general display of your lack of creativity.

I'm honestly asking, though, why did Chevy scrap the 302? If it seemed like a good motor and showed promise, why not keep mass producing it with street friendly heads? I honestly don't know why they didn't, I think it could have been great. Why did they later use designs like the 305, also, and not the old 302?

While on the racing front, though, how many 24 hours of Le Mans victories does GM have, since we're talking about 60s racing? Just curious...you know, the one considered the most prestigious racing event.

Not getting into a gas mileage discussion, either ...

GM only built the 302 because of trans am racing rules. and they had off the shelf consumer parts to do it.

the heads were just "camel hump" heads and they moved on to the LT-1 350 after the 302 program was axed. basically those heads were similar to the TPI L98 350 heads.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

I like this and if I was betting would go with the fox body. Its easier to make fast due to cost and the vast aftermarket.

Hammer you don't need a bigger tb. 48MM is fine even for a heads cam 350 but I am not sure if it will bolt on that intake. Once you get a decent prom tuned for your car,coil,wires, and a old school msd box you can rev as high as the motor can go. You will need a rear though. Snake will an axle,diff upgrade can run any tire he wants as long as he has a decent trans. Should be cool to watch. I believe the IROC is a tad lighter than Hammer's Formula though(ie headlight assemblies and seats are why).
Old 10-31-2014, 11:08 AM
10 Second Club

Which msd box is that mike?
Old 10-31-2014, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

The old 6a/6AL. Easy to hide on those too. Can you still get the SLP cold air for those? Firebird TPI air cleaner hose set up is not ideal either. I gained a tenth and MPH with the swap. PITA to install those though.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:17 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
The old 6a/6AL. Easy to hide on those too. Can you still get the SLP cold air for those? Firebird TPI air cleaner hose set up is not ideal either. I gained a tenth and MPH with the swap. PITA to install those though.
I'm not sure if they make them any longer
Old 10-31-2014, 11:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 433 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
You're just mad that I respond to your insults. You'd rather me not see them and come back with facts.

Sorry Tiny Tim, it's my choice whether to ignore you or not. I don't care how much you stomp your feet and how many temper tantrums you have.
I case your to stupid to notice....and apparently you are. I've been ignoring lots of your snide comments. The only one stomping their feet here is you trying to get noticed.
Originally Posted by Mike Morris
I like this and if I was betting would go with the fox body. Its easier to make fast due to cost and the vast aftermarket.

Hammer you don't need a bigger tb. 48MM is fine even for a heads cam 350 but I am not sure if it will bolt on that intake. Once you get a decent prom tuned for your car,coil,wires, and a old school msd box you can rev as high as the motor can go. You will need a rear though. Snake will an axle,diff upgrade can run any tire he wants as long as he has a decent trans. Should be cool to watch. I believe the IROC is a tad lighter than Hammer's Formula though(ie headlight assemblies and seats are why).
The 2 advantages the mustang has is weight and rear. If snake was to add the 300-400lb to his stange to equal the weight he would find his 302 is no better than a 305. But he don't want to know.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:44 AM
Banned

Hammer could take some weight out to even up the weight.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

**** no. It's right in the rules, this is your typical garage built 302 and 305, no gutting, or weight reduction allowed. If hammer intentionally removes weight, he's DQ'd by default. He wrote that rule, too. The purpose of this challenge to see which one is made quicker easier with engine mods and necessary supporting mods if need be (rear, tranny, etc.) Hio wants me to add weight Hio just admit Fox mustangs are better than third gens and go back to crying yourself to sleep in the corner because of it. That's all your saying when you tell me to add weight.

Hio is ******* scared shitless and it's awesome because he's about to be made a fool of. Is it my fault Ford made a lighter car? NOPE! Seriously, do you have a mental condition? If you do, tell me, so I will stop picking on you. You're shaking in your boots because of all the **** you've talked on the 302
Old 10-31-2014, 12:24 PM
Staging Lane

Wait a second here, I'm stuck thinking coupe weights. Hammer and I already said our cars are very even weight wise, you ignorant *****. My car weighs 3200lbs WITHOUT driver. It's a FULLY OPTIONED A/C, Cruise, P/S GT. It's not a stripper coupe. Plus me at 240. I'd be willing to bet my car isn't lighter than his, actually.

Reaching like Michael Jordan in Space Jam. I can't wait to see Little Dougie's response to this one
Old 10-31-2014, 12:35 PM
10 Second Club

Wait a second here, I'm stuck thinking coupe weights. Hammer and I already said our cars are very even weight wise, you ignorant *****. My car weighs 3200lbs WITHOUT driver. It's a FULLY OPTIONED A/C, Cruise, P/S GT. It's not a stripper coupe. Plus me at 240. I'd be willing to bet my car isn't lighter than his, actually.

Reaching like Michael Jordan in Space Jam. I can't wait to see Little Dougie's response to this one
You're only 40 pounds heavier than me. I'm guessing my car weighs 3300? Maybe Mike would know better. Non AC formula
Old 10-31-2014, 12:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Oh f*ck, I wonder what other "if's" he'll come up with now knowing your's and hammer's cars are already fairly close in weight. Lol
Old 10-31-2014, 12:38 PM
Staging Lane

So if yours did weight 3300, mine weighs 3200, so you're talking 60lbs MAYBE. Why is Daddy Hio throwing a tantrum over the weight? When he lines up to race, does he carry around extra weight so his 2900lb car can match other cars' weights?

Bottom line, I'm not adding **** for weight and you can't intentionally gut or remove weight. These are how Ford and GM gave them to us in terms of weight, and that's what this whole thing is about, good old domestic rivalry. Not hacking up nice cars to save weight.
On The Tree

Typical Hiopocrisy response with a built in insult. I too have been ignoring a lot of your ignorant comments, but you must be too stupid to realize that also.

It's probably a good thing that you bitched out of racing me. A fight would have more than likely to happen than a race.
Banned

You weigh 240lbs? Damn fat *** lol jk i know its bc your 12ft tall
Old 10-31-2014, 12:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Heater
Typical Hiopocrisy response with a built in insult. I too have been ignoring a lot of your ignorant comments, but you must be too stupid to realize that also.

It's probably a good thing that you bitched out of racing me. A fight would have more than likely to happen than a race.
Fighting over a race no bueno
Old 10-31-2014, 12:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Even though he's like 6' ft. shorter than snake, Hio reaches a hell of a lot further.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Fighting over a race no bueno
I've broken up probably a dozen fights up in my life, I think that solving problems with words is a much better representation of human intelligence than fighting. With that being said, if someone like Hio called me a bitch to my face in a serious insulting manner, I wouldn't stand for that ****, either, but then again, he wouldn't do that.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by big hammer
80's showdown!

so far snake and I have agreed to a stock cube build off, + a .030-ish bore job if need be. factory stroke. any top end. these will be true street cars and not "street cars". (no race gas, E85, ridiculous camshafts or forced induction. no N2O)

both of our cars are similar weight. there will be no major gutting or weight reduction.

probably be 1\8th mile, just because I have a hard time getting to a 1\4 mile due to it's distance and my job. best ET wins. snake has yet to confirm the 1\8th.

if anyone is silly enough to want in on this nonsense, feel free to ask.

contestants so far:

Hammer, with the most glorious 87 305 formula ever

snake, with an 86 mustang GT.

Guitar, with some ****** BMW ****** thing.
Quoted for reference.

and I laughed my *** off at the blurb about Guitar's car
Old 10-31-2014, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lol, I didn't see that. I'm not entering the car..though I've thought about taking it to the dragstrip this year just to see what it would do. It's gonna be 5.3 swapped whenever I get space to work on it or if it blows up, whichever comes first.

Quick Reply: calling out snake95\ other 5.0's!