Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

calling out snake95\ other 5.0's!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 10:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

I just ordered a new CAI for the formula off ebay. $82 shipped. snake is going down!
Old 10-31-2014, 10:54 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Makes me wish I had raced a Turbo II RX7 in my Integra. Looks like it would have been a close run.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:12 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow...did you see that 0-60 time for a Turbo Trans Am? That would put many cars to shame today.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:18 PM
On The Tree

Not only was the Turbo T/A the fastest of the 80's, it also had to be one of the rarest.

I've only seen two in person, very bad *** cars for their time.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:04 AM
Teching In

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
Man...too bad air was forced down its' throat!!! Cheating.
Changing the atmosphere in which the engine runs!?!?!?!?
Old 11-01-2014, 12:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
turbo TA was straight from the factory though.
Callaway turbo was an RPO option. If it's not considered factory, then neither are the SLP versions of the 4th gens. The porsche 930 could also beat the turbo trans am, as could the 944 turbo S, and the 928 S4..

Once converted and tested, the Callaway Corvettes were then shipped to their ordering dealers for final delivery to their respective owners. Dealer repairs of the Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes were covered by the standard GM 12 mo./12,000 mile warranty, with Callaway Cars, Inc. reimbursing dealers for time and materials on repairs to the added components. This was the only time where GM has allowed a factory orderable non-GM performance enhancement on the Corvette.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I'm pullin a snake man.....lol
What you really mean is the 5.0 is the better motor. When comparing 2 motors it shouldn't be about which car is lighter right? You said that. When you realized you'd have to actually prove the race weight was equal, you cry that your face plated M6 is a handicap lol...

How about we do best of 5 runs, that way your race transmission won't have such a disadvantage

I doubt it.. my ls1 ran faster than you did. at 3000 higher DA.. and hio would rape me. everywhere I would turn his dick would be in my face.
Your best run was a tenth quicker than my very consistent 8.0 times, and in a 1/4 mile it would probably be even since I will back half your car all - day - long. When did bolt on LS1's start back halfing 25 MPH? DA doesn't matter, just ask Hio. You and I are a drivers race..
Old 11-01-2014, 07:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

I posted a 1le test......you seem to be ignoring that. I already addressed what you posted. My test is as legitimate as yours. You just don't like it.

and yes as time went on the tpi cars got faster. The final 3 years they were at the top of there performance. The mustang had a weight advantage and I notice you guys don't want to compare gt's to z28/irocs. If you want to see how the that 30poo ran at similar weights then look to sn95 5.blo cars. It's not very pretty then is it.

I think hammer has already posted runs with a similar car as yours. .....did it look like a drivers race to you? It didn't to me.

you also seem to forget I've beat your time at nearly full weight. I went 11.8 @119.8 on my 18's before the FP'd tranny you guys cry so much about.

where do you idiots keep coming up with da doesn't matter? Snake said that not me.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 11-01-2014 at 07:36 AM.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:06 AM
Launching!

I think hammer has already posted runs with a similar car as yours. .....did it look like a drivers race to you? It didn't to me.

you also seem to forget I've beat your time at nearly full weight. I went 11.8 @119.8 on my 18's before the FP'd tranny you guys cry so much about.

where do you idiots keep coming up with da doesn't matter? Snake said that not me.
Hammer ran his bros mismatched, stock stalled, no name tuned 5.0 from a dig, not mine. He has clearly been misleading his bro in how to modify that car so that he can keep a small lead. His bro could have less money than he does in that and show Hammer his tail lights. EZ.

Full weight F body is still 400# lighter. Like I said LS6 needs a weight advantage to out run a little 5.0.

As far as DA doesn't matter - I think you are forgetting the conversation in another thread we had. Here I'll refresh your memory..

Originally Posted by PA94Z
Yea.. the 5.0 is so slow that the current GM offering isn't even being compared. Why is that? Shouldn't the new Camaro be able to at least break 10's with a sealed LS3/L99?
You act like your modded 5bro is doin something a l99/ls3 car cannot. Your not actually. Lightly modded l99 go as fast as you easily. L99 has been as fast as 10.3 cam only
Show me 1 L99 that has gone as quick as me in almost 2000 DA with a O/R mid pipe, tune and CAI on street tires. JUST ONE.
Look at #14 on the list. A very mild car to. Don't be mad about it though.
I said find me JUST ONE L99 with the same bolt ons as me, that has ran close to my time in similar conditions (DA 1800 ft). My very very average time I should add... Not "Fastest List" worthy by any means.

So you post a LT headers back exhaust, tuned L99 that runs in NEGATIVE DA. It still can't hit my time.... LOL.

Here is his post: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=178

But, But, But... It turns Yo!
Very close to your time. It ran a 12.4 same as you......and you're probably not gonna find one with your exact mods/day/track prep. My buddy's 5gen went just as fast as your stock time but had 2 mph on you. 5gens will take different mods to make them go. It's retarded to say "have the same mods as me". Different cars want different ****. Match a 5gen's weight and watch your 5bro back up if you really want errything to be equal.
According to Hio me and Hammer are a drivers race, or he admits the 5th gen is a slow turd that needs negative DA and more mods to run with a 5.0.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's so funny when Ford has a short coming with let's say displacement it's "Fords fault" but GM makes a heavier car and its OMGZ BUT ITS HEAVIER!!! Sounds like a GM problem....
Old 11-01-2014, 08:12 AM
Launching!

Can I get in this challenge with a 94 Taurus SHO? Going to look at one today... it's a little 3.2 V6.. I know it isn't 80's, but it's actually slower than the 89 SHO because it's a auto
Old 11-01-2014, 08:56 AM
10 Second Club

What you really mean is the 5.0 is the better motor. When comparing 2 motors it shouldn't be about which car is lighter right? You said that. When you realized you'd have to actually prove the race weight was equal, you cry that your face plated M6 is a handicap lol...

How about we do best of 5 runs, that way your race transmission won't have such a disadvantage

Your best run was a tenth quicker than my very consistent 8.0 times, and in a 1/4 mile it would probably be even since I will back half your car all - day - long. When did bolt on LS1's start back halfing 25 MPH? DA doesn't matter, just ask Hio. You and I are a drivers race..
actually guys with similar setups to mine backhalf in that 23-24 mph. so I would thrash you 1st through 3rd and then you would never catch up. at this point you would be lucky to match my time with you running 3000' lower DA. so you have some work to do.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:59 AM
10 Second Club

Hammer ran his bros mismatched, stock stalled, no name tuned 5.0 from a dig, not mine. He has clearly been misleading his bro in how to modify that car so that he can keep a small lead. His bro could have less money than he does in that and show Hammer his tail lights. EZ.

Full weight F body is still 400# lighter. Like I said LS6 needs a weight advantage to out run a little 5.0.

As far as DA doesn't matter - I think you are forgetting the conversation in another thread we had. Here I'll refresh your memory..

According to Hio me and Hammer are a drivers race, or he admits the 5th gen is a slow turd that needs negative DA and more mods to run with a 5.0.
my brothers car would outrun yours. and i'm still waiting for you to explain to the class how a higher stall is going to help from a dig on the street.

and it has a DTP tune. not a crappy bama tune or lund.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:20 AM
Launching!

actually guys with similar setups to mine backhalf in that 23-24 mph. so I would thrash you 1st through 3rd and then you would never catch up. at this point you would be lucky to match my time with you running 3000' lower DA. so you have some work to do.
So you are theoretically 1 - 2 MPH slower on the back half than me since you've never actually ran a 1/4, and I am only 1 tenth slower to the 1/8 than you, but somehow this is not a drivers race.

But, but DA

my brothers car would outrun yours. and i'm still waiting for you to explain to the class how a higher stall is going to help from a dig on the street.

and it has a DTP tune. not a crappy bama tune or lund.
I know it is difficult for you to understand since your experience is limited to bolt on M6 LS1's. It is pretty simple really... All you need to address is traction. My 10 second LT1 that 60's in the 1.4 will dead hook from a 20 roll on the street. It is not difficult to get a stalled auto to hook. A bolt on stalled 5.0 will have no more problems from a dig than your M6 on the street.

My advice to your bro would be to ditch the Boss intake and DTP tune, get a real tune from RevAuto, Mid Atlantic Performance, VMP or the like, ring Circle D, and show you some tail lights. He could even put the stock mufflers back on, or keep the AB. It adds no power it is a sound preference.

I doubt your bros car could outrun mine.. he is somehow ******* up a automatic 5.0. I ran 8.39@85 bone stock in 1600 FT DA - to his what.. 8.8 @ 80 in 3800 DA? Even at that DA he should have at least trapped quicker. it doesnt add up.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:25 AM
10 Second Club

So you are theoretically 1 - 2 MPH slower on the back half than me since you've never actually ran a 1/4, and I am only 1 tenth slower to the 1/8 than you, but somehow this is not a drivers race.

But, but DA

I know it is difficult for you to understand since your experience is limited to bolt on M6 LS1's. It is pretty simple really... All you need to address is traction. My 10 second LT1 that 60's in the 1.4 will dead hook from a 20 roll on the street. It is not difficult to get a stalled auto to hook. A bolt on 5.0 will have no more problems from a dig than your M6 on the street.

My advice to your bro would be to ditch the Boss intake and DTP tune, get a real tune from RevAuto, Mid Atlantic Performance, VMP or the like, ring Circle D, and show you some tail lights. He could even put the stock mufflers back on, or keep the AB. It adds no power it is a sound preference.

sigh. you know so little.

first off, a stall and DR's will make some difference on the street, but not a lot. really need a prepped track to take advantage of it.

second, when I race him, I usually wait until he gets moving before I really get into it. last time I waited until the top of first just to see if I could pull him. and I did. couple cars. basically negating the stall argument.

it's going to take more than a different tune to pull me. he's already gained around 5+ mph, and I somehow doubt a different tune is going add another 5.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:38 AM
Launching!

sigh. you know so little.

first off, a stall and DR's will make some difference on the street, but not a lot. really need a prepped track to take advantage of it.

second, when I race him, I usually wait until he gets moving before I really get into it. last time I waited until the top of first just to see if I could pull him. and I did. couple cars. basically negating the stall argument.

it's going to take more than a different tune to pull me. he's already gained around 5+ mph, and I somehow doubt a different tune is going add another 5.
Says the guy who races a 6 speed bolt on LS1

You need actual experience to speak to me about things like this. I am not asking for advice on how to make a bolt on LS1 run 12's am I? Stick to what you know.

A stall does more than aid in getting the car off the line. It keeps the car in its power band on every shift. It is a proven .4 - .5 tenths quicker in these cars.

The Boss intake is hurting him, not helping. As for the tune, results vary from tuner to tuner. Who the **** is DTP is all I have to say...
Old 11-01-2014, 09:45 AM
Launching!

PS I like the ricer math - "Well I usually wait til he gets moving, even waited til the top of 1st once, then I pulled 2 cars... So .4 tenths from a stall minus 1 tenth cause street race, minus 2 tenths for the cars I pull on him now, minus 2 tenths for the time I wait for him to get going = I win"
Old 11-01-2014, 09:49 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Man pa is errywhere cryin. First trying to say I said da don't matter then makin fun of someone with da not as good as his. Cries about his weight but makes fun of 5gens. Dude is errywhere tryin and reachin. Says hammer's 1/8 is faster but his 1/4 isn't. ........now boss mani's don't matter and only his mods are exceptable but still he is still in the mid 12s as where all other 5.bro's would run in the 8s by now.......lmao

acting like a auto car is harder to launch than a stick car to. .....reachin hardcore rittherr

watch out hammer the furd guys will be running to his rescue here shortly. ......makin up **** and lying as usual.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:57 AM
10 Second Club

Says the guy who races a 6 speed bolt on LS1

You need actual experience to speak to me about things like this. I am not asking for advice on how to make a bolt on LS1 run 12's am I? Stick to what you know.

A stall does more than aid in getting the car off the line. It keeps the car in its power band on every shift. It is a proven .4 - .5 tenths quicker in these cars.

The Boss intake is hurting him, not helping. As for the tune, results vary from tuner to tuner. Who the **** is DTP is all I have to say...

...... are you new?
Old 11-01-2014, 09:59 AM
10 Second Club

Man pa is errywhere cryin. First trying to say I said da don't matter then makin fun of someone with da not as good as his. Cries about his weight but makes fun of 5gens. Dude is errywhere tryin and reachin. Says hammer's 1/8 is faster but his 1/4 isn't. ........now boss mani's don't matter and only his mods are exceptable but still he is still in the mid 12s as where all other 5.bro's would run in the 8s by now.......lmao

acting like a auto car is harder to launch than a stick car to. .....reachin hardcore rittherr

watch out hammer the furd guys will be running to his rescue here shortly. ......makin up **** and lying as usual.

obviously he's not familiar with power over the curve. one of those guys that doesn't understand, or play with shift points and rev limiters. one of those "just put it in D man, the computer knows what it's doing" kind of people.

Quick Reply: calling out snake95\ other 5.0's!