Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2v mustang gt vs ls1

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 02:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 434 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by JC316
Every single car that I posted or JD posted had a ton more mods and still didn't trap as high. It's very, very simple. Find me another example with just an LS6 intake, UDP's, 200lbs of reduction, and some 373's that runs 11's@116. I'll wait.

If you can repeat it, please do.

Not trying to discredit a hard running LS1, and I'm not comparing to a ford. I am calling bullshit that an LS1 car can run that hard with next to no mods. Nice try at deflecting it though.

Until you can come up with another car that runs that hard with so few mods, it looks to me like you're the bitch.
So you want someone elses car with the EXACT same mods to run the EXACT same #'s.

Boy you stipped your way right outta that. Who knows if that EXACT same combo will ever be run. Then what about driver and track conditions? Nice stippin dude. You simply are every bit as ****** stupid as i thought.

You repeat. All the info is on tech.
Originally Posted by big hammer
Mid 11's isn't even fast for a bolt on ls1. Mid 10's had been done.
Yup.....only .1 off the record 5br0 times.
Again, I know what the LS1 community likes to consider a bolt on. I've seen the fast list and no where else is a stall converter and TH400 considered a "bolt on" car.

The LS guys consider a stall converter a bolt on, because they are slow as ***** without one. Just like the mustang guys consider gears a bolt on because they are slow as ***** without one.

Stalls, gears, and rockers are pretty much a grey area, depending on who you talk to.

That's a completely different argument though and a whole new can of worms.

I am saying that it's impossible for an LS1 Fbody with 3.73's, an LS6 intake, and some UDP's to run 11.96@116.
I'm sayin you're a dumb ************.
Originally Posted by ZNix
Man, if my car ran 14s, then the LS1s I used to race oviously ran 15s... Because stock for stock, they didn't have a shot on the street. GBody is the superior chassis .
Lol....gn's are ok man. But if you outrun a 150 shot ls1 then it was weak. That bolt on 5br0 walked you so you clearly were not as fast as you thought.
Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28
Curious to see your current best trap speed vs Hio's best trap. Turbo cars are notorious for moving on the big end? A bolt-on LS1 should be cakewalk
I'm curious to what he traps to. It will likely take ut all for him to trap what i do on pump gas.
Originally Posted by Lawhead
We all know one thing you can't repeat though

I'll give you 1.2 guesses to find out what it is !
Doesn't really matter. Some never run their personal bests twice......some do better. You're just to stupid to understand that.
I didn't have trouble with a bolt on 150 shot LS1... Nor any FBO cars. Hammer and I would have been a pretty good race, but that's mainly because I think he can get down better on the street than Hio.
He likely could. But i don't have to get down the street that well to outrun you.
Old 05-29-2016, 03:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

You just further proved my points, thanks. I'm not debating that a bolt on LS1 can run 11's, I am debating that an untuned LS6 intake, UDP, MAF, stock manifold, 3.73 car ran 11's@116. Every example you posted had a lot more bolt on's, including LT headers and still ran a slower trap speed.
Actually some of the cars I posted had less mods.
None of them had a ported intake. None had an aftermarket maf, and most were full weight. While again Ill say that 116mph is on the high side, who really cares? The car ran high 11s.

Again, no question that you can hit 11's with a bolt on car. Yes, I am assuming the power it made based in the information given. In fact, I probably over estimated the HP, just to stay on the safe side. That car probably came from the factory with 300RWP and those mods might pick up 20RWP.
And we will never really know because the car wasn't dynoed back to back.

What's completely hilarious about this is your double standards. If someone posts up a ford that runs completely unrealistic times, you completely lose your mind, screaming about how it can't be done. It's stock proved that with his buddy's cobra.
That's pure irony there after those youtube videos you posted...
What actually hilarious is all the mustang guys that take the time to log into a GM site to try and defend Fords from a bunch of people who couldn't care less. They get trolled hard by the GM guys and lose sleep over bolt on cars while trying to brag about beating a "H/C/I" car that was running on 7 cylinders and poorly modded with their full blown 12 second race car that pops a wheelie but bogs hitting third hard because its so gutless.
Old 05-29-2016, 03:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Man, if my car ran 14s, then the LS1s I used to race oviously ran 15s... Because stock for stock, they didn't have a shot on the street. GBody is the superior chassis .
Let me guess, you were racing some stock A4 cars with 2.73 gears from a 40mph roll weren't you?
Old 05-29-2016, 04:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
So you want someone elses car with the EXACT same mods to run the EXACT same #'s.

Boy you stipped your way right outta that. Who knows if that EXACT same combo will ever be run. Then what about driver and track conditions? Nice stippin dude. You simply are every bit as ****** stupid as i thought.

You repeat. All the info is on tech.

Yup.....only .1 off the record 5br0 times.

I'm sayin you're a dumb ************.
No, just find something close. Since an 01-02 car already has the LS6 intake, find me one of those with just 3.73 gears that gets into bottom 12's@114ish.

I have exceeded those mods several times and still didn't come anywhere near those times. Just like a hundred more guys on here and youtube that have done the same. That's how I can so easily call bullshit.

I can accept that I haven't had any luck, but I can't accept no one else has managed to duplicate this. In other words, you're full of ****.

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Actually some of the cars I posted had less mods.
None of them had a ported intake. None had an aftermarket maf, and most were full weight. While again Ill say that 116mph is on the high side, who really cares? The car ran high 11s.

And we will never really know because the car wasn't dynoed back to back.

That's pure irony there after those youtube videos you posted...
What actually hilarious is all the mustang guys that take the time to log into a GM site to try and defend Fords from a bunch of people who couldn't care less. They get trolled hard by the GM guys and lose sleep over bolt on cars while trying to brag about beating a "H/C/I" car that was running on 7 cylinders and poorly modded with their full blown 12 second race car that pops a wheelie but bogs hitting third hard because its so gutless.
That MAF gains 3-8RWP at best. Untuned and no headers that LS6 intake might gain 5-10RWP. Every single car that you posted, had WAY more power mods, suspension mods, and tire mods than the one Hio posted.

Not a ford guy, just anti bullshit. I even called It's Stock full of **** on the cobra he posted, and low an behold, I was right.

Example 1. 11.81@113.5

Ls6 intake manifold
Ported throttle body
BMR k-member
TS lth's with true duals
Yank SS4000
3.42 rear
Midwest Chassis sfc's
Founders lca relocation brackets
Strange sa rear shocks
Trickflow diff girdle cover
Frost mail tune
Toyo tq tires
3300# race weight

Example 2. 11.9@113
Car has Lid/TB/LT's/ORY/CB/4.10's/LS7 Clutch

Example 3. 11.91@114
Yank 4000 SS converter, Tsp headers, Hooker Aero Chamber exhaust, and Ls6 intake

Example 4. No mod list.

Example 5. 11.993@110.

Have pretty much all of the normal bolt-on's minus an underdrive pulley. Yank SS4000 stall, 3.73's in the stock 10-bolt, and M/T ET Street Radials
Old 05-29-2016, 04:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Let me guess, you were racing some stock A4 cars with 2.73 gears from a 40mph roll weren't you?
Nope. T56, and A4 cars from a dig.. This was way back when I was 16 or 17. Nobody took me seriously and got creamed. Helped pay for mods when I first started
Old 05-29-2016, 04:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So they are drag springs.....it doesn't matter if they ride or drive the same and i can guarantee you it would handle quite as well but it likley still handles better than you can drive with a drag pak on. Fact is you played them off as only lowereing springs.

Just as you are playing off e85 and your tunes right now.
??? When did I play them off as "just" lowering springs? Hell the time I ran Mappins, they were on the car not long before that... when yall were talking about how my front end rose on the launch pic I posted mentioing my springs, I sent him links the the BMR springs I had... I told him drag springs.. click link... drag springs... Just because i don't let YOU know every detail on my car, like you are privy to it or something, does not mean I am hiding anything. if I post a mod list, it will say BMR Springs. Who made you the rulemaker of mod listing anyway? Lol!

And not playing off E85 or tune.. My car runs what it runs... simple. Why would I run my car at less performance than it can run when I can throw E85 in it? Albeit the difference is minimal, but it is a little better. Again, your way of thinking about pump gas and 91/93 octane does not mean its the set in stone rule. You run what you want to run. You run what you brung. If you lose, don't make excuses. You CHOOSE to run 93. Plain and simple.

/rant
Old 05-29-2016, 04:57 PM
11 Second Club

The problem is that it's incomplete mathematics.
All I need are 2 variables and the math works fairly closely. Where the difference would come in is with stall vs oem converter at same power. ET will drop, but mph will stay the same. But you can still get hp from trap and weight.
Old 05-29-2016, 06:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
All I need are 2 variables and the math works fairly closely. Where the difference would come in is with stall vs oem converter at same power. ET will drop, but mph will stay the same. But you can still get hp from trap and weight.
Run your car through the calculator.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:02 PM
10 Second Club

No, just find something close. Since an 01-02 car already has the LS6 intake, find me one of those with just 3.73 gears that gets into bottom 12's@114ish.

I have exceeded those mods several times and still didn't come anywhere near those times. Just like a hundred more guys on here and youtube that have done the same. That's how I can so easily call bullshit.

I can accept that I haven't had any luck, but I can't accept no one else has managed to duplicate this. In other words, you're full of ****.

That MAF gains 3-8RWP at best. Untuned and no headers that LS6 intake might gain 5-10RWP. Every single car that you posted, had WAY more power mods, suspension mods, and tire mods than the one Hio posted.

Not a ford guy, just anti bullshit. I even called It's Stock full of **** on the cobra he posted, and low an behold, I was right.

Example 1. 11.81@113.5

Ls6 intake manifold
Ported throttle body
BMR k-member
TS lth's with true duals
Yank SS4000
3.42 rear
Midwest Chassis sfc's
Founders lca relocation brackets
Strange sa rear shocks
Trickflow diff girdle cover
Frost mail tune
Toyo tq tires
3300# race weight

Example 2. 11.9@113
Car has Lid/TB/LT's/ORY/CB/4.10's/LS7 Clutch

Example 3. 11.91@114
Yank 4000 SS converter, Tsp headers, Hooker Aero Chamber exhaust, and Ls6 intake

Example 4. No mod list.

Example 5. 11.993@110.

Have pretty much all of the normal bolt-on's minus an underdrive pulley. Yank SS4000 stall, 3.73's in the stock 10-bolt, and M/T ET Street Radials
Yup.....i was right. You mad cause you can't do it. You're one of the ****** idiots on this site that think fcars run lower 13s stock and with bolt ons. It's why you posted the lame vids you found because you just don't have a clue.

Pretty well known the stock suspension wiill take you well into the 11s on a fcar. Subframe connectors will literally just slow the car at those et's cause they're just not needed. The hooker aero chamber muffler on the other car you menyioned is **** to. It don't take fixing to many of these guys mistakes and next thing you know the car has done picked up 2 or 3 tenths.
Nope. T56, and A4 cars from a dig.. This was way back when I was 16 or 17. Nobody took me seriously and got creamed. Helped pay for mods when I first started
Well......they sucked more than you then.

A bolt on ls1 with a 150 shot should walk me pretty good if it's right. If it don't then I'm smart enough to know it's not right. You just not that smart.
??? When did I play them off as "just" lowering springs? Hell the time I ran Mappins, they were on the car not long before that... when yall were talking about how my front end rose on the launch pic I posted mentioing my springs, I sent him links the the BMR springs I had... I told him drag springs.. click link... drag springs... Just because i don't let YOU know every detail on my car, like you are privy to it or something, does not mean I am hiding anything. if I post a mod list, it will say BMR Springs. Who made you the rulemaker of mod listing anyway? Lol!

And not playing off E85 or tune.. My car runs what it runs... simple. Why would I run my car at less performance than it can run when I can throw E85 in it? Albeit the difference is minimal, but it is a little better. Again, your way of thinking about pump gas and 91/93 octane does not mean its the set in stone rule. You run what you want to run. You run what you brung. If you lose, don't make excuses. You CHOOSE to run 93. Plain and simple.

/rant
You've played them off as lowering springs the whole time. I wouldn't know now if i didn't see you mention them as drag springs on kik.

Go back and look in my quote of you and you will see how you downplay e85.....cause it's not mentionec at all.
You just mentioned 2 variables to make your math not work.....you can't be this dumb
Old 05-29-2016, 09:13 PM
On The Tree

Well......they sucked more than you then.

A bolt on ls1 with a 150 shot should walk me pretty good if it's right. If it don't then I'm smart enough to know it's not right. You just not that smart.
I suck because I knew how to hustle some LS1 cars? It was great to watch... You're just mad I was smart enough to do it, 50-75 bucks a pop. Probably made about 500 bucks over a couple months.

By the way, smart enough to know that you don't know anything about the car I raced or mine... So you can't really make assumptions .
Old 05-29-2016, 10:04 PM
11 Second Club

Run your car through the calculator.
I did. Should run 11.78 @ 114.x... ran it last night.
Old 05-29-2016, 10:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yup.....i was right. You mad cause you can't do it. You're one of the ****** idiots on this site that think fcars run lower 13s stock and with bolt ons. It's why you posted the lame vids you found because you just don't have a clue.

Yep, I was right, you can't produce another car that runs 11's with barely any mods. Again, nice try with the deflection, and points for an attack on character, classic troll move.

Pretty clear that I can't get an Fbody to run 11's with an intake and 3.73's, of course no one else can either, so I'm ok with it.
Old 05-29-2016, 10:13 PM
11 Second Club

You've played them off as lowering springs the whole time. I wouldn't know now if i didn't see you mention them as drag springs on kik.

Go back and look in my quote of you and you will see how you downplay e85.....cause it's not mentionec at all.

You just mentioned 2 variables to make your math not work.....you can't be this dumb
I havent downplayed anything. The slrings I have on the car have helped zero. No different than regular lowering springs. I plan to add Viking shocks to the rear with more power and they should help more. But.. no.. they do not help the car 60 any better. The fact that YOU cant distinguish between lowering springs and drag springs is not my problem. Like I said.. others know. But.. in the future, I will be sure to fill you in on every little detail about my car since you seem to be so worried about it. Notice how I dont car about the mods on your car, or mention them? You worry too much about 5.0s. Better cut some more weight. This 5.0 is closing the gap to your car
Old 05-29-2016, 10:24 PM
10 Second Club

Weird mine says you should run 12.3@113... And these calculators are infallible
Old 05-30-2016, 12:07 AM
10 Second Club

I suck because I knew how to hustle some LS1 cars? It was great to watch... You're just mad I was smart enough to do it, 50-75 bucks a pop. Probably made about 500 bucks over a couple months.

By the way, smart enough to know that you don't know anything about the car I raced or mine... So you can't really make assumptions .
Dude anyone can go out and lie about their mods to hustle someone. You did no great feat and niw you look like a chump.
Then your own calc is wrong......imagine that.
Yep, I was right, you can't produce another car that runs 11's with barely any mods. Again, nice try with the deflection, and points for an attack on character, classic troll move.

Pretty clear that I can't get an Fbody to run 11's with an intake and 3.73's, of course no one else can either, so I'm ok with it.
Like i said dipshit.....there may not be another car modded exactly like that one in the world. I'm certainly not gonna sift through thousands of you tube vids for yoyr dumbass. The fact that you keep reducing the mods it did have i find hilarious because it tells me your a joke
I havent downplayed anything. The slrings I have on the car have helped zero. No different than regular lowering springs. I plan to add Viking shocks to the rear with more power and they should help more. But.. no.. they do not help the car 60 any better. The fact that YOU cant distinguish between lowering springs and drag springs is not my problem. Like I said.. others know. But.. in the future, I will be sure to fill you in on every little detail about my car since you seem to be so worried about it. Notice how I dont car about the mods on your car, or mention them? You worry too much about 5.0s. Better cut some more weight. This 5.0 is closing the gap to your car
I've pointed out twice in the past 2 pages where you downplayed and once again in this very post from you. You said drag springs on kik.....i screen shotted that **** too. Be glad i don't care enough and deleted it. Looks like you can distinguish between drag springs and lowering springs because you seem to want to lie about it.

I don't worry about 5br0s. I've gapped several.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Like i said dipshit.....there may not be another car modded exactly like that one in the world. I'm certainly not gonna sift through thousands of you tube vids for yoyr dumbass. The fact that you keep reducing the mods it did have i find hilarious because it tells me your a joke
And like I said, get me something close. Doesn't have to be the exact mods, or exact times, or exact weight, just something in the realm. Intake, catback and gears shouldn't be difficult to find, especially if these cars are as fast as you make them out to be.

It's impossible, which is why you keep deflecting. You can admit that you "forgot" about some of the mods on that car, everyone here knows it already. Not even hammer is coming to your rescue on this one and that is saying something.

I just don't feel like typing it out, we both know the mods. Besides, the MAF and the UDP's are barely going to gain anything on a mostly stock, untuned car. Those two together MIGHT free up 10RWP.
Old 05-30-2016, 02:43 AM
On The Tree

Dude anyone can go out and lie about their mods to hustle someone. You did no great feat and niw you look like a chump.
The **** are you talking about? It was a stock car. No mods.. The hustle was my age and the little v6. Now you just look like a moron. I've never lied about my mods. Ever.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:18 AM
10 Second Club

And like I said, get me something close. Doesn't have to be the exact mods, or exact times, or exact weight, just something in the realm. Intake, catback and gears shouldn't be difficult to find, especially if these cars are as fast as you make them out to be.

It's impossible, which is why you keep deflecting. You can admit that you "forgot" about some of the mods on that car, everyone here knows it already. Not even hammer is coming to your rescue on this one and that is saying something.

I just don't feel like typing it out, we both know the mods. Besides, the MAF and the UDP's are barely going to gain anything on a mostly stock, untuned car. Those two together MIGHT free up 10RWP.
No it's just fun to watch you pound your fist to what you know nothing about.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:36 AM
11 Second Club

Weird mine says you should run 12.3@113... And these calculators are infallible
Have to use crank hp.

Your ET / MPH computed from your vehicle weight of 3820 pounds and HP of 462 is 11.78 seconds and MPH of 114.74 MPH. 402rwhp sae.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:46 AM
11 Second Club

I've pointed out twice in the past 2 pages where you downplayed and once again in this very post from you. You said drag springs on kik.....i screen shotted that **** too. Be glad i don't care enough and deleted it. Looks like you can distinguish between drag springs and lowering springs because you seem to want to lie about it.

I don't worry about 5br0s. I've gapped several.
The simple fact that you mention screenshotting stuff, when I have already said what my mods are on ls1tech shows you seriously need a life and are TRULY worried about the 5.0s. Because why else would you pay so much attention to the little details? I already told you... these springs have helped zilch. performance version of these springs would net the same. I have hidden nothing, and frankly don't give a **** that you think otherwise. Your jealously is showing. Worry about making your car faster instead of everyone elses.

You are just worried that full weight simple bolt on 5.0s can run what your gutted out tin can has run with a motor swap, and who knows what else "HIDDEN" mods. Man you are a hypocrite to try to call someone out for hidden mods. "Wahhh..... you have drag springs instead of normal lowering springs!!!! Wahhhhhh!!!!"

We can always jump back on your fake assed scale numbers... but you know what? I don't care man! That's why I don't hound you about your mods and screenshot(I LOLd sooo damn hard at this!!! Pitiful! ) Trust me Duggy... I have no secrets on my car...

Quick Reply: 2v mustang gt vs ls1