Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2v mustang gt vs ls1

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 09:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by JC316
As usual, you're full of ****. That car is putting down 340RWP max and it traps 8MPH faster than stock hero times, 10MPH faster than the normal ones. That is physically impossible, just like your "430" rwp 10 second ride.

As for hammer, none of his times are valid until he releases a mod list. It's that simple.
I didn't know you were the mod authoritah
Old 05-28-2016, 10:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Lol...you stupid ****. His times are what they are mod list or not. Saying your mods doesn't validate anything.

You simply don't know how to make a car run.

My car trapped 108 stock. Nothing hero about it. Free mod cars can trap 110.

When did you become some all knowing ******* god on how fast a car can go at a certain whp?

I have no doubt that hammers car, the youtube vid car, or yours ran the times. It's just that you and hammer like to fudge the numbers, or type/amount of mods.

It 100% invalidates his times when guys like you are using him as the gold standard for bolt on times.

Probability, experience and common sense is how I can call bullshit. Just like I can call bullshit on browns gas getting 100mpg. Power to weight ratio doesn't lie.
Old 05-28-2016, 10:20 PM
10 Second Club

Power to weight does lie
Old 05-28-2016, 11:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

I have no doubt that hammers car, the youtube vid car, or yours ran the times. It's just that you and hammer like to fudge the numbers, or type/amount of mods.

It 100% invalidates his times when guys like you are using him as the gold standard for bolt on times.

Probability, experience and common sense is how I can call bullshit. Just like I can call bullshit on browns gas getting 100mpg. Power to weight ratio doesn't lie.
It's ok man......all you had to say is "Hio i don't know how you do it but you are the best"

Appearantly your experience and common sense is all that is bullshit.
Old 05-29-2016, 01:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by big hammer
I didn't know you were the mod authoritah
I'm not, but if you make a claim, back it up. You come off shady, but that is exactly what you want. You're a troll and an attention *****, I can respect that.

Power to weight does lie
No it doesn't. Find me any other 3300lbs 4th gen with 340RWP that runs 11's@116 and I will take everything back.

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
It's ok man......all you had to say is "Hio i don't know how you do it but you are the best"

Appearantly your experience and common sense is all that is bullshit.
You might want to look up narcissistic personality disorder and maybe talk to someone about it, cause you seem to have a lot of the symptoms.

I am straight up saying that those numbers can't be achieved with those mods and 200lbs of weight reduction. It's not about knowledge, it's about impossible. I can youtube race you all day long and prove my point.

Full exhaust, 3.73, stalled, suspension, tire, 340RWP 12.47@108

Full Exhaust, 3.90, Lid, 12.61@114

Lid, Cutout, 4.10, Tire, 12.9@110

LS6 intake, catback, stall, tire, 12.6@107

And the list goes on and on and on. So tell me oh wise one, how exactly did your friend run faster than all of these, and the countless more, with way fewer mods?
Old 05-29-2016, 01:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Maybe it would be helpful if instead of just calling each other stupid or liars, you made a well balanced argument. And explain why a car can/can't do what you say

Addressed to both parties
Old 05-29-2016, 01:53 AM
10 Second Club

I'm not, but if you make a claim, back it up. You come off shady, but that is exactly what you want. You're a troll and an attention *****, I can respect that.

No it doesn't. Find me any other 3300lbs 4th gen with 340RWP that runs 11's@116 and I will take everything back.

You might want to look up narcissistic personality disorder and maybe talk to someone about it, cause you seem to have a lot of the symptoms.

I am straight up saying that those numbers can't be achieved with those mods and 200lbs of weight reduction. It's not about knowledge, it's about impossible. I can youtube race you all day long and prove my point.

Bolt On LS1 Camaro 1/4 Mile - YouTube

1999 Camaro SS Full Bolt Ons - 12.61 @ 114mph 1/4 Mile Drag Racing - YouTube

LS1 Camaro 1/4 mile stock - YouTube

LS1 Camaro In Car 1/4 mile In Car Run @ Famoso - YouTube

And the list goes on and on and on. So tell me oh wise one, how exactly did your friend run faster than all of these, and the countless more, with way fewer mods?
Power to weight does lie because it's quite simply incomplete information
Old 05-29-2016, 01:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nick.H
Maybe it would be helpful if instead of just calling each other stupid or liars, you made a well balanced argument. And explain why a car can/can't do what you say

Pretty sure that I have.

1. Lack of mods/weight reduction to achieve posted results.

2. Power to weight ratio makes it impossible to achieve posted results

3. Numerous examples of much more powerful and modded cars running much slower than the posted results.

Hio's argument

1. Free mods and stuff all LS1 cars run 110mph

2. Because no one else in the history of cars have achieved what I claim to, yall must be scrubs that don't know how to build a car right.
Old 05-29-2016, 02:09 AM
10 Second Club

Wink

Pretty sure that I have.

3. Numerous examples of much more powerful and modded cars running much slower than the posted results.

Hio's argument

2. Because no one else in the history of cars have achieved what I claim to, yall must be scrubs that don't know how to build a car right.
Power to weight doesn't mean a lot.
Old 05-29-2016, 02:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Power to weight doesn't mean a lot.
Of course there are other factors involved for the ET, but generally speaking the power to weight will define your trap speed.

If you're talking power to weight on say a Honda S2000 vs power to weight on an LS1 camaro, it's apples to oranges. Two completely different styles of engines with different torque curves and powerbands.

When you're talking about an LS1 Fbody to an LS1 fbody, it's very easy to get a baseline. Hence the youtube racing.

Call me crazy, but when someone claims that a near bone stock car runs a full second and 8MPH faster than other, more modified cars, it pegs my BS meter.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

*cough cough*
https://ls1tech.com/forums/11-second...1-113-5-a.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/11-second...-ws6-11-s.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/11-second...-11-831-a.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/11-second...-internal.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/11-second...-car-11-s.html

While 116mph trap is on the high side, the youtube videos you posted are a bigger joke than you are.
Whats next, comparing hp/l again?
Old 05-29-2016, 08:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hio tends to use major weight reduction, or small shots of nitrous to get those ET.traps
Old 05-29-2016, 08:03 AM
11 Second Club

Power to weight does lie because it's quite simply incomplete information
No, it does not lie. There are many calculators online available. Those calculators use a formula to find the missing numbers to plug in. You have raceweight, trap speed over distance, and horsepower. You can find all 3 values with 2 known numbers. Yall are trying to disprove math..... can't be done.

Old 05-29-2016, 08:06 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
And all of those cars that make it a point to brag about this feat are generally shady modded like Hio/Nathan's car. 340rwhp at full stock weight will not get an 11sec run.
Old 05-29-2016, 08:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Pretty sure that I have.

Hio's argument

Heres some major flaws in your argument.
You assume the car started at 3500lbs, there are some LS1 fbodies that weigh 3300lbs right out of the factory.
You assume the amount of power its making.
What you and many others always fail to find is others with the same mods as the cars that are in question. Not many go to the length as some do, and the (lack of)results will show that. Not many want to invest the time and money into making a bolt on car work really really well, they rather throw more mods at it and make more power, or setup the car as they see fit. A lot of guys pick through a jegs magazine for random shiny parts and build that way which will have lackluster results. Most guys are building cars their first time around with little/no experience and learning as they go and you will see them making mistakes that if they would do it all over they would be building the car different
So why don't we see more bolt on 11 second cars? Because people don't know any better. Look at the newbs, they immediately want the biggest cam they can run, forget about all drivetrain mods (so many guys think a stock stall or tiny stall is ok, or a stock clutch and hydraulics), run heavy wheels on narrow street tires and stock suspension on cheap lowering springs, heavy *** subs in the back, and the heaviest SFCs they can find.
They usually have a power goal in mind instead of ETs, thinking that will make them king of the streets.
Old 05-29-2016, 08:38 AM
11 Second Club

You assume the car started at 3500lbs, there are some LS1 fbodies that weigh 3300lbs right out of the factory.
What you and many others always fail to find is others with the same mods as the cars that are in question. Not many go to the length as some do, and the (lack of)results will show that. Not many want to invest the time and money into making a bolt on car work really really well, they rather throw more mods at it and make more power, or setup the car as they see fit. A lot of guys pick through a jegs magazine for random shiny parts and build that way which will have lackluster results. Most guys are building cars their first time around with little/no experience and learning as they go and you will see them making mistakes that if they would do it all over they would be building the car different
So why don't we see more bolt on 11 second cars? Because people don't know any better. Look at the newbs, they immediately want the biggest cam they can run, forget about all drivetrain mods (so many guys think a stock stall or tiny stall is ok, or a stock clutch and hydraulics), run heavy wheels on narrow street tires and stock suspension on cheap lowering springs, heavy *** subs in the back, and the heaviest SFCs they can find.
They usually have a power goal in mind instead of ETs, thinking that will make them king of the streets.
I can agree somewhat with you. ie.. someone pushing their car through the traps in 3rd gear with tire size vs it shifting to 4th(me) can net better ets... but the differences wouldn't be as vast as we are seeing. Bolt on LS fbodies average 340-360rwhp I assume? Either way, the formulas created to calulate values, hp, trap, weight etc are generally fairly accurate. You are not going to have one 340rwhp car run the average of others. ie. mid 12's... then out of the blue have one with the exact same hp run 11.8s. There HAS to be some variable different on the faster car. Thats just too big of a gap to justify.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wrong.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:11 AM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
Wrong.
Proof?
Old 05-29-2016, 09:48 AM
10 Second Club

Bolt On LS1 Camaro 1/4 Mile - YouTube

1999 Camaro SS Full Bolt Ons - 12.61 @ 114mph 1/4 Mile Drag Racing - YouTube

LS1 Camaro 1/4 mile stock - YouTube

LS1 Camaro In Car 1/4 mile In Car Run @ Famoso - YouTube

Well appearantly I'm a troll that backs his **** up because i have proof of what i have either done or helped others do.........what have you done besides get on here and say what can't be done?

Those cars are all pretty bad examples. Why don't you search youtube for some good examples? I'm sure some popped up in your search and you just cherry pucked the bad ones.

My own car went 13.5@108 (like a 2.2x 60)in august heat. I did 2 mods and ran it again with like a 2.1~ and went 13.0@109. Free mods, udp and shitty mac headers w/ory and shitty spec clutch because i broke the oe clutch and it went 12.6 at nearly 113.....on the stock wheels, stock cat back, stock gear, stock tune, stock ls1 intake and no dr

Another a friend had i drove to 13.0@109 it had a cut out and lid only. Strange part on that run is i wasn't sure i had it in 4th si i pulled it out and stuck it back to make sure......that was my only run and it had a stock shifter so i wasn't used to it. Next run no doubt 12s.
Originally Posted by Nick.H

I have been
Pretty sure that I have.

Hio's argument

Seems i have been done well with duplicating these outstanding results........maybe you just don't know what you think.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:59 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Hio tends to use major weight reduction, or small shots of nitrous to get those ET.traps
No nawz....or special fuels needed
No, it does not lie. There are many calculators online available. Those calculators use a formula to find the missing numbers to plug in. You have raceweight, trap speed over distance, and horsepower. You can find all 3 values with 2 known numbers. Yall are trying to disprove math..... can't be done.

To know tge math you have to know the variables to go along with the math. If you don't know those then yes your math is easily disproved.
And all of those cars that make it a point to brag about this feat are generally shady modded like Hio/Nathan's car. 340rwhp at full stock weight will not get an 11sec run.
Lol......it didn't even need suspension mods like you. ....or drag springs like you. Talk about shady. I remember you saying they're just lowering springs ll, talk about shady. You kniw all about it.

Reminder guys......poppa coined the term indirect weight reduction to cover up his own efforts

Last edited by HioSSilver; 05-29-2016 at 10:10 AM.

Quick Reply: 2v mustang gt vs ls1