*Place your bets* GT350 vs stock 6th gen

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 06:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by islander033
I had to look up LGBT, looks like they added a Q just for you. lol
islander ricer fly by = fruit roll up

How do you fit 3 islanders on a bar stool? Turn it upside down...

Old 07-11-2016, 09:42 AM
On The Tree

5th gen 1le=LOL
Old 07-11-2016, 12:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by slowZZZ
You can give the 5th gen Z/28 whatever excuses you want. It's still an inferior direct competitor to the GT350R.

But that's my point. Doesn't matter whether the back seats are in either car, they are direct competitors regardless. Add the seats back into the R and the 5gen still loses. Not a great argument imo.

Figure 8 being .10 off is just negligible differences. Not that it really means anything unless they were tested on the same day, same time. 997 GT3 had the same time as the GT350. Does that mean the 997 GT3 turns like a GT350? No.

GT350 also comes with pilot super sports vs the goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric 3's on the Camaro. The Goodyears have beat the super sports in braking tests all over the place. Just looking at the brake cooling tech on the GT350 shows that even with inferior tires and more weight it beats the Camaro.

GT350 also trapped 3.4 mph faster in MT's test. C&D ran the GT350 with a 12.5 @ 119. It was against the C7 which ran a 12.3 @ 119.

The 1LE will not be close to the R. Trust me, they are not adding much more than you can already get with the SS w/ magnetic ride and brembo package. If anything it might match or slightly beat the regular GT350. Just watch.
Gt350 has also tested out @12.5@115

The figure 8 is a very good indicator of handling prowess. No a .1 difference isn't much.....but a .3 difference is pretty large. So lets look at this another way.....after 5 laos on the figure 8 the gt350 is .5 behind the 6gen.

The data supports standard 6gen vs gt350 as a tight race.....no matter how you slice. That's gonna put a 1le ahead and in the r's territory whether you like it or not.

The z28 was on beat tires. It's not a excuse.....it's a fact. Do you not think tires make a difference? ?

Oh wait you already cried on thinking the standars 6gen has better tires than the higher priced more performance oriented gt350.......nuff said
Old 07-11-2016, 12:55 PM
Launching!

Where the cat back only 5th gens trapping 115 tho?

Old 07-11-2016, 01:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So never any runs?
Old 07-11-2016, 04:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Gt350 has also tested out @12.5@115

The figure 8 is a very good indicator of handling prowess. No a .1 difference isn't much.....but a .3 difference is pretty large. So lets look at this another way.....after 5 laos on the figure 8 the gt350 is .5 behind the 6gen.

The data supports standard 6gen vs gt350 as a tight race.....no matter how you slice. That's gonna put a 1le ahead and in the r's territory whether you like it or not.

The z28 was on beat tires. It's not a excuse.....it's a fact. Do you not think tires make a difference? ?

Oh wait you already cried on thinking the standars 6gen has better tires than the higher priced more performance oriented gt350.......nuff said
Who ran the 115? I haven't seen that one before.

Looking at the other figure 8 times they don't seem to matter. The C6 Z06/Z07 had a noticeably faster figure 8 than the ZR1, yet the ZR1 is faster at every track. The BMW M4 and 6gen SS had the same figure 8 and the M4 still ran .2 faster around a sub 1:30 track.

Sure, let the 6gen have the figure 8 win. It needs it apparently.

There's not really any data to be conclusive, honestly. A seemingly inconclusive figure 8 and the brake test that the GT350 still won despite being heavier and having worse braking tires? Unless you're talking about drag racing from a dig. Bakery racing would have the GT350 at least 2-3 cars ahead.

The only comparison that won't be biased is head to head track times, same day, same time, same driver. Aka Lightning Laps. Only better hope the 1LE is out by then, because the 6gen will need it to beat the GT350 if that. Forget about the R.

The 1LE package has the below items. I bolded the things that are actually unique to the 1LE that you can't already get as options on the 6gen:

6.2L LT1 V8 rated at 455 horsepower, and 6-speed manual transmission (automatic transmission not available)
Magnetic Ride Control
Segment-exclusive electronic limited-slip differential with 3.73 ratio
Unique forged-aluminum wheels with 285/30ZR20 front tires and 305/30ZR20 rear tires
Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires with a compound and construction developed exclusively for Camaro
Brembo brakes with new 6-piston monobloc front red calipers and 2-piece rotors
Track cooling package with engine oil, differential and transmission coolers
Suede steering wheel with shorter-throw shifter
Dual-mode exhaust system
RECARO front seats with aggressive bolsters optimized for shifting and steering comfort
Satin black hood, front mirrors and unique 3-piece rear spoiler
Available Performance Data Recorder
Hopefully that's enough to match the GT350 on the track if not beat it. You know I actually hope the 1LE beats it because they've had 2 years to come up with something better in a newer, lighter chassis...

How do you know that the Z/28 was on beat tires? How do you know the R wasn't? The article didn't mention anything like that. All the data you see is the Z/28 losing by 1.16 seconds.

Lol where did I cry again? I stated verifiable fact that the Goodyears on the 6gen have better braking stats than the Michelins on the GT350. Look at Tire Rack's test: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...y.jsp?ttid=162

Goodyears dry 50-0 mph stopped 2.8 ft shorter than the Pilot Super Sport. Enough said.

Remember we're just talking about braking here, not that they have better lateral grip or less deflection in turning, and so on.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:24 PM
Teching In

By the way, GM said the new 1LE is about 3 seconds faster than the old 1LE based on their tests. That's still over 2 seconds slower than the Z/28 on their sub 2-minute test track. The 1LE doesn't stand a chance against an R.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:27 PM
On The Tree

By the way, GM said the new 1LE is about 3 seconds faster than the old 1LE based on their tests. That's still over 2 seconds slower than the Z/28 on their sub 2-minute test track. The 1LE doesn't stand a chance against an R.
But but but...Hio said so.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jay z28
But but but...Hio said so.
If the 1LE actually beats the R on a track, I will actually sell my car and never buy another Ford as long as I live.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

SS and GT350 is a good race ET wise but the GT350 seems to out trap it. GT350 just sucks at drag racing like the Z28.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:19 PM
Banned

This race ever happen yet or no?
Old 07-11-2016, 05:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
SS and GT350 is a good race ET wise but the GT350 seems to out trap it. GT350 just sucks at drag racing like the Z28.
Throw a Hoosier qtp or drag radial on one and see how much it sucks. Lol
Old 07-11-2016, 05:40 PM
10 Second Club

Who ran the 115? I haven't seen that one before.

Looking at the other figure 8 times they don't seem to matter. The C6 Z06/Z07 had a noticeably faster figure 8 than the ZR1, yet the ZR1 is faster at every track. The BMW M4 and 6gen SS had the same figure 8 and the M4 still ran .2 faster around a sub 1:30 track.

Sure, let the 6gen have the figure 8 win. It needs it apparently.

There's not really any data to be conclusive, honestly. A seemingly inconclusive figure 8 and the brake test that the GT350 still won despite being heavier and having worse braking tires? Unless you're talking about drag racing from a dig. Bakery racing would have the GT350 at least 2-3 cars ahead.

The only comparison that won't be biased is head to head track times, same day, same time, same driver. Aka Lightning Laps. Only better hope the 1LE is out by then, because the 6gen will need it to beat the GT350 if that. Forget about the R.

The 1LE package has the below items. I bolded the things that are actually unique to the 1LE that you can't already get as options on the 6gen:

Hopefully that's enough to match the GT350 on the track if not beat it. You know I actually hope the 1LE beats it because they've had 2 years to come up with something better in a newer, lighter chassis...

How do you know that the Z/28 was on beat tires? How do you know the R wasn't? The article didn't mention anything like that. All the data you see is the Z/28 losing by 1.16 seconds.

Lol where did I cry again? I stated verifiable fact that the Goodyears on the 6gen have better braking stats than the Michelins on the GT350. Look at Tire Rack's test: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...y.jsp?ttid=162

Goodyears dry 50-0 mph stopped 2.8 ft shorter than the Pilot Super Sport. Enough said.

Remember we're just talking about braking here, not that they have better lateral grip or less deflection in turning, and so on.
There are many other factors than figure 8 for sure. Buts it's still a very good indicator of how thr car performs because you have turn in....road holding....acceleration out of the turn and braking into the next.

Smooth trach or bumpy track could all change that.

The handling stats between the 6gen and gt350 are a wash. You don't have to like it....it is what it is.

Dude....the braking is evrn super close. 2ft ain't ****. How the brakes feel....brake consistency are both more important than that 2ft. I would expect the gt350 to be better there. After all it is a much more expensive car.

2 yrs?? It's still 2016 you know. The 6gen is a 2016. I wouldn't think a 1le will make it to the lightning lap this yr.
You vould look at the tires in the vid and see they were shot on the z28 for starters. Secondly it was the mt long term car.....you know where they update the performance of the car every month. After the comparison they updated the next month and had to replace the tires because one came apart.
http://www.motortrend.com/news/2015-...term-update-5/

Notice the date of that article was dec 22

Notice the date of this one is dec 14

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2015-...t350r-mustang/

The tires were beat on the z28 in that comparison.

If the 1LE actually beats the R on a track, I will actually sell my car and never buy another Ford as long as I live.
I doubt the 1le will beat the r although it will likely be very very close to it....but it will beat the gt350. You can bank on that.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find it hilarious how Hio just completely ignores actual facts and continues to spout bullshit from his mouth as if his bullshit is what the facts are lololololol.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

The tires in that comparison link are asymmetric 2. Not the same tires as on the SS. Those are asymmetric 3.

The Michelins did better in most every other test besides braking. Better lap times and much higher average g. Either way its not the same tire.

1le will match or beat the 350 for 10k or more less. Track pack is standard now and what are they with GG tax...56-57k? 1le will only be 47k even if the 1le package is a 10k option.

The 1le isn't just tires. Its got all new fe4 suspension and tuning compared to a base ss. Its also got an e-diff

A few tweaks and tires on a standard SS vs fords world beater they even designed an engine for...just got to lol at the engineering disparity.

Some may lol...but Al O has already pretty much stated that the 1le will beat the 350. And so far he has been spot on with everything he has promised about the 6gen. And every step of the way the stang crowd has been in denial. We shall see.

Last edited by UltraZLS1; 07-11-2016 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:34 PM
Teching In

There are many other factors than figure 8 for sure. Buts it's still a very good indicator of how thr car performs because you have turn in....road holding....acceleration out of the turn and braking into the next.

Smooth trach or bumpy track could all change that.

The handling stats between the 6gen and gt350 are a wash. You don't have to like it....it is what it is.

Dude....the braking is evrn super close. 2ft ain't ****. How the brakes feel....brake consistency are both more important than that 2ft. I would expect the gt350 to be better there. After all it is a much more expensive car.

2 yrs?? It's still 2016 you know. The 6gen is a 2016. I wouldn't think a 1le will make it to the lightning lap this yr.

You vould look at the tires in the vid and see they were shot on the z28 for starters. Secondly it was the mt long term car.....you know where they update the performance of the car every month. After the comparison they updated the next month and had to replace the tires because one came apart.
http://www.motortrend.com/news/2015-...term-update-5/

Notice the date of that article was dec 22

Notice the date of this one is dec 14

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2015-...t350r-mustang/

The tires were beat on the z28 in that comparison.

I doubt the 1le will beat the r although it will likely be very very close to it....but it will beat the gt350. You can bank on that.
Track times measure those a lot better. Cayman S, ZL1 Convertible, C6 427 Convertible, C63 AMG S, '16 Camaro SS, BMW M2, BMW M4, MB SLS AMG, Jaguar F-Type R AWD, 991 C2S, R35 GT-R, 997 GT3, 1LE, Ferrari 360 CS, GT500, Lamborghini LP550-2, Jaguar F-Type V8 S, CTS-V (new one), Audi V8, GT350, etc. ALL are within .10 of each other in the Figure 8 and they all have drastically different track times all over the board. The test results seem not to mean much, do they? Not much of a test if the results aren't meaningful.

By the way, that .10 in the figure 8 you keep touting is a 0.4% difference. The 2 ft in braking is 1.9% difference... in a 109 lbs heavier car with tires that have performed worse in braking. Neither matters according to your logic.

As I already said the brakes on the GT350 are superior and the consistency will show on track days.

There was a limited run of GT350's in 2015. Every seems to have forgotten about that. The 1LE is coming out as a late 2017 model. It probably won't be out for Lightning Laps, but you never know.

I didn't know where was a video for the article to watch. I just looked at the data. I don't really follow mags all that much, I prefer to stick to real world data.

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
The tires in that comparison link are asymmetric 2. Not the same tires as on the SS. Those are asymmetric 3.

The Michelins did better in most every other test besides braking. Better lap times and much higher average g. Either way its not the same tire.

1le will match or beat the 350 for 10k or more less. Track pack is standard now and what are they with GG tax...56-57k? 1le will only be 47k even if the 1le package is a 10k option.

The 1le isn't just tires. Its got all new fe4 suspension and tuning compared to a base ss. Its also got an e-diff

A few tweaks and tires on a standard SS vs fords world beater they even designed an engine for...just got to lol at the engineering disparity.

Some may lol...but Al O has already pretty much stated that the 1le will beat the 350. And so far he has been spot on with everything he has promised about the 6gen. And every step of the way the stang crowd has been in denial. We shall see.
So then the Asymmetric 3 would perform even better then.

Agreed, it's not the same tire, but we were discussing braking.

The 1SS MSRP is $37k. The 1LE adds a whole lot to the car. Magnetic ride, brakes, and exhaust options a '16 1SS is already at $43k with no other options. Yeah it's a FE4 suspension, so a bump from the magnetic susp in the '16 Camaro SS. The FE4 will be comparable to the GT350's magnetic suspension, but the 1LE has an advantage since its lighter. Then the 2-piece rotors, e-diff, wheels, tires, the coolers (oil, trans, diff), recaro seats, hood, spoilers, and performance data recorder are going to bump the price up even more. The PDR requires navigation in the Stingray and it's an $1179 option, for example. You're probably right it's gonna be about $47k with no other options.

Their world beater is the Ford GT. The GT350R just aimed to handily beat the Z/28, which it has. The GT350 is just the workin' man's version (lol). The only real engineering disparity is what they did with the engine lol. Even the GT350 doesn't come with an e-diff like the 1LE will. That's way high tech man. Voodoo doesn't even have DI either!

I'm not saying that Al won't deliver, but GM also said the C7 Z06 was going to be the most track-capable Corvette ever and it overheats in a 20 minute session lol. Not that I see the 1LE having cooling problems, but so far they haven't delivered anything.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:50 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
I find it hilarious how Hio just completely ignores actual facts and continues to spout bullshit from his mouth as if his bullshit is what the facts are lololololol.
Check the links stupid ****
Originally Posted by UltraZLS1

Good info....but i bet the 1le comes in at $40k~
Track times measure those a lot better. Cayman S, ZL1 Convertible, C6 427 Convertible, C63 AMG S, '16 Camaro SS, BMW M2, BMW M4, MB SLS AMG, Jaguar F-Type R AWD, 991 C2S, R35 GT-R, 997 GT3, 1LE, Ferrari 360 CS, GT500, Lamborghini LP550-2, Jaguar F-Type V8 S, CTS-V (new one), Audi V8, GT350, etc. ALL are within .10 of each other in the Figure 8 and they all have drastically different track times all over the board. The test results seem not to mean much, do they? Not much of a test if the results aren't meaningful.

By the way, that .10 in the figure 8 you keep touting is a 0.4% difference. The 2 ft in braking is 1.9% difference... in a 109 lbs heavier car with tires that have performed worse in braking. Neither matters according to your logic.

As I already said the brakes on the GT350 are superior and the consistency will show on track days.

There was a limited run of GT350's in 2015. Every seems to have forgotten about that. The 1LE is coming out as a late 2017 model. It probably won't be out for Lightning Laps, but you never know.

I didn't know where was a video for the article to watch. I just looked at the data. I don't really follow mags all that much, I prefer to stick to real world data.

So then the Asymmetric 3 would perform even better then.

Agreed, it's not the same tire, but we were discussing braking.

The 1SS MSRP is $37k. The 1LE adds a whole lot to the car. Magnetic ride, brakes, and exhaust options a '16 1SS is already at $43k with no other options. Yeah it's a FE4 suspension, so a bump from the magnetic susp in the '16 Camaro SS. The FE4 will be comparable to the GT350's magnetic suspension, but the 1LE has an advantage since its lighter. Then the 2-piece rotors, e-diff, wheels, tires, the coolers (oil, trans, diff), recaro seats, hood, spoilers, and performance data recorder are going to bump the price up even more. The PDR requires navigation in the Stingray and it's an $1179 option, for example. You're probably right it's gonna be about $47k with no other options.

Their world beater is the Ford GT. The GT350R just aimed to handily beat the Z/28, which it has. The GT350 is just the workin' man's version (lol). The only real engineering disparity is what they did with the engine lol. Even the GT350 doesn't come with an e-diff like the 1LE will. That's way high tech man. Voodoo doesn't even have DI either!

I'm not saying that Al won't deliver, but GM also said the C7 Z06 was going to be the most track-capable Corvette ever and it overheats in a 20 minute session lol. Not that I see the 1LE having cooling problems, but so far they haven't delivered anything.
Like i said their are other factors. ......it's not like i posted a bogus test that didn't used the tires i claimed.

Gt350r beat a z28 on wore out tires.....links are above for proof.

Gt350s was seeing temps the testers didn't like also.

The gt350 has something like 90% different stuff goin on than a regular mustang. Even the body was revamped eith a new front clip from the doors forward.

It took all furd had to get the 5.2 where it is.....nothing fancy like a e diff that's been around since the 80s. The 5.2 has flat crank...32v...vvti ...high compression.....light clutch. They threw the book at it. What do you think will happen when gm throws the book at the lt? Since the lt already seems to run with the 5.2 or out run it ***** gonna look bad in a hurry.

Not like the 6gen has those fancy 2k apiece carbon wheels on it.....just a e diff
Old 07-11-2016, 07:53 PM
Staging Lane

Best. Argument. Ever.

Keep it up fellas, this is a very interesting match going on. Usually it devolves into name calling and manhood questioning by this point but for once you guys are trying to out logic each other and I'm enjoying the back and forth immensely.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:55 PM
Staging Lane

oh BTW: in the motortrend video I just watched yesterday, they mention the fact that the Z28 had totally shot tires.

Also, they are close enough that the GT350 vs SS/1LE argument is going to go on for as long as the internet exists. You guys thought hearing about 03/04 Mach I vs LS1 Fbody argument had long legs....
Old 07-11-2016, 08:27 PM
Teching In

Check the links stupid ****

Good info....but i bet the 1le comes in at $40k~

Like i said their are other factors. ......it's not like i posted a bogus test that didn't used the tires i claimed.

Gt350r beat a z28 on wore out tires.....links are above for proof.

Gt350s was seeing temps the testers didn't like also.

The gt350 has something like 90% different stuff goin on than a regular mustang. Even the body was revamped eith a new front clip from the doors forward.

It took all furd had to get the 5.2 where it is.....nothing fancy like a e diff that's been around since the 80s. The 5.2 has flat crank...32v...vvti ...high compression.....light clutch. They threw the book at it. What do you think will happen when gm throws the book at the lt? Since the lt already seems to run with the 5.2 or out run it ***** gonna look bad in a hurry.

Not like the 6gen has those fancy 2k apiece carbon wheels on it.....just a e diff
I 100% disagree on the price. It'll be $45k+. They should be releasing the pricing soon. They already have '17 order info out for Camaro SS and below, but 1LE is coming a bit later. ZL1 should be coming soon as well.

That's true, a GT350R beat a Z/28.

Only the GT350's that weren't equipped with the coolers.

I was joking about the e-diff. What I wrote was satirical.

The LT1 also has high compression and VVTI. Both cars also have dual mass flywheel and twin disc. Flat crank V8's became popular in the 60's. Even DOHC came out before pushrod tech. LT1 and Voodoo are actually both high tech engines. GM has already thrown a lot at the LT1 platforms. I would like to see a LT1 make more power from factory than the Voodoo, but I don't think we'll ever see that. They're gonna need more cubes.

Manual vs Manual, the '16 SS can't keep up with the GT350. They need that automagic and weight advantage. Makes sense, really.

GT350 doesn't have fancy wheels either, only the R. The GT350 wheels are pretty heavy actually.

Quick Reply: *Place your bets* GT350 vs stock 6th gen