Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My 99 M6 vs 2004 Audi RS6

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 08:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My 99 M6 vs 2004 Audi RS6

A buddy of mines dad owns an Audi RS6. It's the twin turbo charged V8. It's supposed to make 450hp at the motor. The father lets his son take the car out all the time and he's been at the track a few times. It ran a 13.1 @ 106 The car is AWD and cuts a 1.8 - 60' time stock from the factory!!!!!

I knew I didn't have a chance from a stop, so I talked him into running me from a 50mph punch. Mods to my car were K&N, free ram air, cut the EGR tube, and Spohn LCA's (don't help from a roll)

Bone stock I ran a 13.8 @ 101.5mph with a slipping clutch (Spec Stage 3 coming soon) So I knew it'd be close and he'd probably pull me a little bit.

We go line up at 50mph...he's got 3 people in his car and I've got one (small guy in my car, vs a really big guy in his car) I didn't like racing him with other people in the car, but I wasnt' going to say anything. We tried to run about 4 times but all but the last run either something happend or traffic was around or something...so we didnt' run. The last time however, we both take off and he pulls me a little bit out of the hole, maybe half a fender. From there on out it's dead even...it looked like I was starting to pull a little bit around 120 or so...but it was too close to tell and we shut off shortly after.

After we got back he said the car only dyno'd 330hp to the wheels so they have quite a bit of drivetrain loss. I was suprised how well my car did against it...my buddy that was riding with me thought I was just going to get killed but he was quite impressed when I hung. Maybe now that I've got a clutch (coming soon) and the cutout I'd be able to pull on him a little bit.

Just thought I'd share,
Eric
Old 06-18-2004, 11:49 AM
TECH Regular

Mods to my car were K&N, free ram air, cut the EGR tube, and Spohn LCA's (don't help from a roll)

Bone stock I ran a 13.8 @ 101.5mph with a slipping clutch (Spec Stage 3 coming soon) So I knew it'd be close and he'd probably pull me a little bit.

We go line up at 50mph...he's got 3 people in his car and I've got one (small guy in my car, vs a really big guy in his car)

we both take off and he pulls me a little bit out of the hole, maybe half a fender. From there on out it's dead even...it looked like I was starting to pull a little bit around 120 or so...but it was too close to tell and we shut off shortly after.

Maybe now that I've got a clutch (coming soon) and the cutout I'd be able to pull on him a little bit.

Just thought I'd share,
Eric[/QUOTE]

First let me start by saying you had a nice race, and i hope the clutch swap works out for you. Second, if he didn't have that big guy in the car, he would have owned you. It's always nice to see what your ca can do against a turbo'd car though. I really can't get anyone to run me. I see WRX's on the freeway all the time, but they just won't run me. It's like i'm holding cryptonite to them or something. WAIT! maybe i am... Always run a turbo car from a stop. They spool on the top end. Once they spool, they MIGHT kill you. From a stop, you get out on them (Except AWD). Happy Hunting...
Old 06-18-2004, 02:03 PM
11 Second Club

At the track he was only running 106mph...I was running 101. I knew it'd be close and I figured he'd pull me some...but those cars are all about the launch! 13.1 @ 106...come on...with a 1.8 60' time! That shows it doesn't have a ton of top end.

I've seen stock 01-02 LS1's run those same times with 2.0 60' times.

I'm sure he would have pulled me more if the big guy wasn't in the car, but he said it only dyno'd 330 to the wheels. I figure that's about 20-30 more than my car.

Thanks about the clutch though...I hope it goes smooth as well.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

450 horse and only a 13.1? How heavy is that thing? Nice run.
Old 06-18-2004, 04:52 PM
TECH Addict

Nice Kill

I am a big fan of the RS6 and to be able to race and hang with a stock F-Body has got to be a 'high'. Congrats.

I am sure we all know the extra weight in the Audi made for a disadvantage but it was how you both chose to run.

Old 06-18-2004, 05:08 PM
11 Second Club

I ran one of those before. I had my wife with me and he had no one. I took it easy off the line do to cold tires on a cool night, so he pulled me off the line pretty hard, but I realed him in. We shut down when I cougth up since my wife does not like me to race. I read in motor trend or car and driver that these things run 12.6 from the factory and peak torque is at 1950RPM!!! Then he told me he let off a little at the end. All wheel drive+tons of bottom end torque=FAST FOUR DOOR!
Can't get a race with WRX???!!! Are you kidding???!!! All they do is go after me. I was cruisen around one night. There was one in front of me. I went in the left turn lane, then he cuts over from the right lane to the turn lane in front of me. I knew it was on then. With his all wheel drive, he was able to hit it from the green arrow through the turn. I took it easy because I had my GSC's on. Once I felt comfortable I hit it. I passed him going sideways. I blew him away. I can't imagine what off the line with nittos would have been like. That was funny ****. Then he makes a right at the next light.
Old 06-18-2004, 05:15 PM
TECH Resident

Nice race dude Good job
Old 06-19-2004, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

I just saw a sport wagon version on the autobahn the other day...I think it had aftermarket exhaust(didnt sound/look stock). It seemed to have plenty of top end. I was in a C220 benz going about 180kph and he left me like I hit the brakes. I had never heard of them before so as soon as I got back into the states I looked it up. It would make a pretty good sleeper. For a car that isnt made for 1/4 mile racing what so ever...a 13.1 is prett damn good!