Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Lol. Hate is a strong word.

Snake im just ******* around. Not like this is a super technical serious discussion
Old 07-12-2019, 06:39 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1

Snake im just ******* around. Not like this is a super technical serious discussion
I stand corrected, hate is pretty strong word.

Sorry TR!
Old 07-12-2019, 07:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I hear ya partner I don't own a new br0 either so it's not like I have a dog in the fight.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by snake95
I hear ya partner I don't own a new br0 either so it's not like I have a dog in the fight.
Still never figured out that stratus don’t know what the hell to do. I guess we can still check compression see if a valve is bent. That’s the only thing left. Tried everything you said. One of the first times I been totally stumped by a car . She starts working again very soon so we might just junk out the old stratus. Shame it was such a good runner. I must have fucked it up somehow but I just can’t figure it out. Thanks again for your input
Old 07-12-2019, 08:51 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Another guy. H/C SBE.

Have you got a link to exact details on this? This is close to 600+rwhp C6Z trap - 3100lb car - love to read up on this exact setup
Old 07-12-2019, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Have you got a link to exact details on this? This is close to 600+rwhp C6Z trap - 3100lb car - love to read up on this exact setup
No exact links but I know him personally and I’m no liar.

this was him earlier in the year doing some of his first shakedown passes on the setup. Leaving in second as he couldn’t hook in first gear that day. Air was obviously better than now around zero but it looks like he has improved considering the air today looking at everything. Big stall and on stock gears. Pump E85. It’s a hydraulic roller build na SBE lt1 with ported Holley hi ram intake. 8000 rpm shift power peak around 7600. He’s running very pricey cid heads that are about 4000 I believe. Further massaged by Ryan at gpi.

Seen his dyno sheet personally and it made 750 hp on the engine dyno at gpi. Car made 618 rwhp in5th gear which is a true 640-650 rwhp in 1:1 6th gear. Going through a big stall auto. Car has the usual rounds of weight reduction such as brakes and seats out. Light battery . Dumped exhaust etc. he still drives it to work and is supposedly about 3400 lbs raceweight. Still has ac power brakes radio etc. There are a couple other guys in his same league such as the other one I posted. So far he hasn’t gave a whole lot of other details leading up to Camaro fest but that pretty much covers about everything imo.

im expecting mid 9s at 140+ out of some of these guys by the fall. Seems the Holley hi ram intake has really expanded performance to the average builder etc. massive power and it’s onky a 1000 dollar intake that performs like a 4000 dollar sheet metal custom setup

cant tell you exact cam specs or other build details. But I’m nearly 100% certain it is still SBE and a fairly heavy daily driver. That or him and a few other guys are complete liars. That also fooled the judging at Camaro fest for class rules etc

by the end of the year things will be a lot more clear. Things are just starting to heat up in the na lt1 game imo

supposedly Ryan is shooting for mid 8s with his na SBE ls3 5gen build lol. Guess we will see. Hard to believe

Last edited by UltraZLS1; 07-12-2019 at 09:24 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:24 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kpsydafGV0A

this was him earlier in the year doing some of his first shakedown passes on the setup. Leaving in second as he couldn’t hook in first gear that day. Air was obviously better than now around zero but it looks like he has improved considering the air today looking at everything. Big stall and on stock gears. Pump E85. It’s a hydraulic roller build na SBE lt1 with ported Holley hi ram intake. 8000 rpm shift power peak around 7600. He’s running very pricey cid heads that are about 4000 I believe. Further massaged by Ryan at gpi.

Seen his dyno sheet personally and it made 750 hp on the engine dyno at gpi. Car made 618 rwhp in5th gear which is a true 640-650 rwhp in 1:1 6th gear. Going through a big stall auto. Car has the usual rounds of weight reduction such as brakes and seats out. Light battery . Dumped exhaust etc. he still drives it to work and is supposedly about 3400 lbs raceweight. Still has ac power brakes radio etc. There are a couple other guys in his same league such as the other one I posted. So far he hasn’t gave a whole lot of other details leading up to Camaro fest but that pretty much covers about everything imo.

im expecting mid 9s at 140+ out of some of these guys by the fall. Seems the Holley hi ram intake has really expanded performance to the average builder etc. massive power and it’s onky a 1000 dollar intake that performs like a 4000 dollar sheet metal custom setup

cant tell you exact cam specs or other build details. But I’m nearly 100% certain it is still SBE and a fairly heavy daily driver. That or him and a few other guys are complete liars. That also fooled the judging at Camaro fest for class rules

Thats what i expected

Tactical Garage traps 136 with a whipple A8 SS in 3700da but we’re talking about a daily driver kind of car - what kind of stall speed are they running? The term daily driver is different for everyone when bragging is on the line. I prefer my DD cars with hoods

The cars setting these runs n/a have small fortunes in them and rightfully setting good traps but not what a guy in his garage is going to bolt on and be able to rely on it on a daily basis.

$4000 alone in heads is a serious guy wanting to stay n/a

Thank you
Old 07-12-2019, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Thats what i expected

Tactical Garage traps 136 with a whipple A8 SS in 3700da but we’re talking about a daily driver kind of car - what kind of stall speed are they running? The term daily driver is different for everyone when bragging is on the line.

The cars setting these runs n/a have small fortunes in them and rightfully setting good traps but not what a guy in his garage is going to bolt on and be able to rely on it on a daily basis.

$4000 alone in heads is a serious guy wanting to stay n/a

Thank you
I think his stall is around 5000.

yeah it’s pretty aggressive but he doesn’t mind it I guess lol.

milder ported msd setups with ported stock heads and smaller stalls are going 10.0-10.1 in this air and have hit 9.9 cam only in negative DA. You can hit 9s in decent air without going too crazy. That’s where I’m going I think. A no flycut stage 3 cam and ported stock head 3500 lb car went 10.1 today. Ported msd.

btw... he’s running a hood now. Had to get a new one to fit. Or cut a hole in the stocker lol
Old 07-12-2019, 09:32 PM

I think his stall is around 5000.

yeah it’s pretty aggressive but he doesn’t mind it I guess lol.

milder ported msd setups with ported stock heads and smaller stalls are going 10.0-10.1 in this air and have hit 9.9 cam only in negative DA. You can hit 9s in decent air without going too crazy. That’s where I’m going I think

I thought you had a Whipple?

I could be wrong?

Thats King - sorry
Old 07-12-2019, 09:37 PM

What does Kings LT1 whipple run? Trap / et?
Old 07-12-2019, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not sure man.

im still bolt on stock gear and converter. Ran a best of 10.6 last year at 3540 raceweight. Dropped another 100 lbs this year with rear race brakes, billet 15s, trunk lid and lighter battery. Should have a 10.5 pass at near 130 in the fall. Then I’m probably doing a middle of the road heads cam setup that should be good for high 9s in good air. Unless I change my mind again lol. Boost bottom and fueling etc is expensive on these cars to go a bunch faster than na for the money on these cars and my budget is limited. Tough call. But I may entertain nitrous after my heads cam build to run with the big boys. They seem to be handling heads cam 150 shot quite well SBE with minimal fuel upgrades
Old 07-12-2019, 09:52 PM

Not sure man.

im still bolt on stock gear and converter. Ran a best of 10.6 last year at 3540 raceweight. Dropped another 100 lbs this year with rear race brakes, billet 15s, trunk lid and lighter battery. Should have a 10.5 pass at near 130 in the fall. Then I’m probably doing a middle of the road heads cam setup that should be good for high 9s in good air. Unless I change my mind again lol. Boost bottom and fueling etc is expensive on these cars to go a bunch faster than na for the money on these cars and my budget is limited. Tough call. But I may entertain nitrous after my heads cam build to run with the big boys. They seem to be handling heads cam 150 shot quite well SBE with minimal fuel upgrades

You having shudder in the A8?
Old 07-12-2019, 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

No. But I only have like 11,000 miles on my car. Albeit hard as hell miles. Went to the track on paper tags with 600 miles lol. The shudder is from the stock converter anyway. So I guess I’m not that worried cuz I’ll be getting a new one when I go heads cam anyway
Old 07-12-2019, 09:58 PM

No. But I only have like 11,000 miles on my car. Albeit hard as hell miles. Went to the track on paper tags with 600 miles lol. The shudder is from the stock converter anyway. So I guess I’m not that worried cuz I’ll be getting a new one when I go heads cam anyway

Correct, when we changed fluid it did little but once we installed converter it was gone in my brother’s 16 SS
Old 07-12-2019, 10:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Ultra sorry about the stratus man that's frustrating as hell. Hope you figure out a solution for your old lady.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ultra sorry about the stratus man that's frustrating as hell. Hope you figure out a solution for your old lady.
Thanks. She just gonna get something newer soon. We’ll be ok. Im getting another raise when I pass mri boards and she gonna be working full time in ultrasound very soon. Time for some more car parts ! Lol
Old 07-12-2019, 10:59 PM

Jesus, Lord most impressive with stock parts. It’s a good time to be alive.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Get on it. Such an easy, simple, cheap, and reliable build. Surprised they aren’t everywhere.

Ps... I’ve heard that’s like the 3rd transmission no bs

and why are they choosing to be SBE (if true) when others are not at that power level ? To prove a point? To sell parts ? It wouldnt be my car that’s for sure
Old 07-13-2019, 08:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

All about the intakes on the ls/lt stuff. Intakes have been holding them back for years......as has tb size.

#In4eightsjay lets see it....gitter done
Old 07-13-2019, 08:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
Says “there have been runs since”, follows it with “only bitches need to lie”. Ok, bitch.
I have no reason to lie about it.....you do. Lying makes you feel cool because you have nothing else. So yea only bitches need to lie.

Tell Jay yo recipe for 8s on stock engine/trans.......ooohh wait

Originally Posted by NoEngineNawledge
I remember when Hio and the crew called E85 race gas until the crew started using E85. Then it was called pump fuel lolololol.
Actually it's always been called e85......dumbass

I also remember when all the bros said it didn’t do nuffin. Just saying
Lolz.....it don't do nuffin

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
GTR ,Hio raced went low 10s at Capital raceway years ago. Not 11s. Not stock or even mild.
And there is the troof

Heads cam 16SS a8 today at fest in 2500-3000 da. Not bad
Another guy. H/C SBE.
One thing fo damn sure.....if you want the engine to get it done there is only one. And it's not a furd or Chrysler product.

How is that related to someone changing their own interpretation of a word? Some people use a fly swatter to kill flies and some use a newspaper. Doesn't make the items the same.
No interpretation changed....only your flip flop

Originally Posted by islander033
No ****. Crew been mixing fuels for years....but pump?

Should have been a good race but Hiollary got gaped bad....no skreet race vids since. Sad.

She has cool starries though...

Exactly! Always funny when she trips up and steps in her own poop. lol
You're a known lying bitch

Originally Posted by islander033
PS. Owned in black too. yay
Chihuahua is a joke just like your bitch ***

Quick Reply: Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019