Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 07:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by JC316
Do you have to open the engine in order to change the cam timing on the 5.bro? Do you have to open the engine to install rockers? I'm sure a lot of guys used rockers in the 80's, but it's still not a bolt on since you have to open the engine to change it. You might be stuck with the mentality of a teenager, but I'm not, so I don't buy a car to "fit in" anywhere, I buy what I want.
No but u have to open them to do phaser delete and oil pump gears...... Just saying in for the ducking momentarily
Old 07-16-2019, 07:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Lolz.....you ain't calling **** chump. But you took it hook line and sinker. You see if you were truly this voice of reason your dumbass thinks you are you woulda said yea......changing cam timing is a internal mod.

If you really knew wtf you were talking about you would know the fox 5br0 used rockers in the 80s.....as did tpi cars. Hell there6lt cars on the lt list on here with rockers

But you don't know this **** because all you are is a raging faggor hypocrite bitch.

Looks like you got called

You shoulda bought a 5br0. You fit in better with that crowd.Did it really take 15+ yrs for a bolt on furd to edge the ol' ls1?You're the one that acts like my car lasted for 3 minutes.....that's what.

Don't forget that transmission.TroofThese guys typically jump all over people bench racing.Be a great idea. Cuts through the bs then.

How did your c6z do at the track?Ive seen sxc car. It's a very nice simple bolt on car. Not some gutted heap like these guys do to the 5br0s. Remember he was less than .1 off a cammed 5br0 same track same day. So on that day poppa may have went slower.....unless cams dont do nuffinSo you lost.....and pretty good.The 15-17 5br0 got wore out by the 6gen.

Poppa 5br0 was one of the best running 5br0s in the country back then.You're track is fast to where i run.....wif out a doubt. Thatv11.8 you claim was no doubt error defined. Because you got drug by 12.2@114 cars on the skreets. So you're like atleast 1.5 sec off and 20mph. But instead of running dat stank *** mouf for years now w/o running your car you could just go run your car instead of dreaming about what that 35hp did for that turd.

You should concentrate on trying to run with lbo ls1 like sxc.
Never got drug by a 114 car. I lost to a car who ran 114 on a botched run that makes you so mad.

Don't tell your buddies to come to me for cam help anymore with their SBFs, BTW

Your track is much better, and it was also leaked how many times you run vs. how many you act like you ran. You've run that Camaro 32,000,000 times for a 10.9.

I ran 5 total times and got my 11.8 several mods and HP and TRQ ago.

Must suck to suck at cars

The thing is I know my car isn't fast, it's just a fun little toy from the 80s. All your **** work with Fords is engine swapped, non factory motors with boost still running 11.2s . Well, I mean, that's all that runs anyway. Your other motors broke.

You money shifted the original LS1
Blew up the termi motor
Fucked up your LS6 because you have the brain of a caveman
And then the LS7...LOL. Not to mention you helped on engine swaps on the notch prior to the termi swap.

Give up dude Good thing engines basically grow on trees nowadays.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Ultra, what (roughly) does a 6 Gen Camaro FBO 93 octane A8 usually run? I know you or King would know- talking average run, not a hero pass . Just curious-

Any idea on their weight? Wish my brother still had his.

Rough idea, won't hold you to it.
Low 11s. High tens on E85 is pretty easy nowadays

37-3800 lbs with driver and low fuel depending on wheel setup otherwise full weight

a 3600 lb bolt on car went 10.5@128 at fest in 3000 DA who won the class. He might be able to take the record this fall if he drops some weight
Old 07-16-2019, 07:33 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Tough to say because like the Bros they take the seats out etc so weight can be all over the place. I still think the new auto Coyote with roughly the same mods is a tad faster. The early S550 is a tad slower with about the same mods in a 6th gen from what I have seen n/a bolt ons here in Florida. I am talking autos btw. Stock I have seen some 6th gens run mid 12s here. The early S550 low 13s high 12s. The new S550 high to mid 12s with a slightly higher trap than a 6th gen. Oddly I have not seen a new 6th gen run so I do not know if the new auto is any faster. From what I have read it is not.
10 4

Thank you for your input

There were no 6gens running last time we made it out. Not planning on yanking any interior - it doubles as my family DD

Mine is a base that weighed 3680 as it sits so trying to weigh any interest going N/A, we’ll see.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1

37-3800 lbs with driver and low fuel depending on wheel setup otherwise full weight

a 3600 lb bolt on car went 10.5@128 at fest in 3000 DA who won the class. He might be able to take the record this fall if he drops some weight

10 4

I can assume on 93. They appear to be a slight bit lighter then. Thank you
Old 07-16-2019, 07:37 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Here's a h/c fox not as fast as you sxc. Dude don't race....only yakks. Probably make a decent English teacher tho. Although like other furd guys he's done a **** job of backing up the English he spews.

SXC has a huge mod list, does he row gears?

I like mustangs fine. It the retarded owners that ruin them.
You ARE the retarded owner. lol

And just what was it i said about 3.89 vs 4.10......i gotta hear this.
What ever it was I'm sure you were on the losing end, as usual.

Cool....you make to 120+k yet?
What kind of stip is this? hahahah

Last time out nanner was like a 11.8 car i thought.
Remember when Philly went slower after going HC with your help?

Can't say it would be that hard to do. Anyone that makes 900+ whp and can't get out of the 10s certainly isn't at the top of his game.
First time out with the new setup with botched passes AND still went over 1 second faster than your current turds you been modding for years. LOL
Originally Posted by WisT02ws6
No way I could compeet. Our mod list is so similar:

SXC:
Yank ss3600
Kooks 1 7/8'' LTs
Kooks X
Kooks 3'' TDs back to quad tips
Chris1313 ram air w/ AC version
FTP 98mm lid
Truck MAF
Home-ported stock TB
Plugs & wires
Lingenfelter 180 degree t-stat
Richmond 3:73s
Mike Norris tune
BMR suspension
Aluminum driveshaft
TA girdle
Poly motor mounts
New brakes/rotors
Nitto G2 summer tires
Mamo ATI balancer
Meziere EWP
Turn One p/s pump
Short serpentine belt
Trick Flow steam vent kit
PA Racing tubular k-member
PA Racing a-arms
Viking Performance coil overs
Bigs & littles
B&M trans cooler

Coyotard:
No cats
Boss Manifold
E85 Tune

Very big win!
Hahaha...SXC really needs to go terbo. That's a pile of mods to go that slow.... wow

Miles
Retard stip!

It's really weird.....pretty much erry coyotah swap that i have seen in a legit street car is way slower than my Camaro.
Your camero don't run just makes milk shakes. So you just owned yourself. LOL

Personally as with most all 5br0s they're probably full of ****. They've been busted alot on the claims they make. We've all seen it.
Pot meet kettle. haha

Rockers have been a bolt on since atleast the 80s.....for all of the big three.
This ain't the 80's, no matter how inbred you are. .
According to who? The bolt on fast list here doesn't allow them. Oh I'm 100% calling you out on your hypocritical bullshit.
She is inbred and thinks it's the 80's
Old 07-16-2019, 07:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

No oil pump gears in the Coyotes you quoted?
my 9 year old oil pump gears are original and still in the car. if anyone was going to bust them it was me. 108,000 miles.

when are mine going to fail? nobody i know drives their coyote as hard as i drive mine. i never change the oil. i rev it to 7800 every single day. i bounce the limiter every day. over and over some times. i have downshifted and dropped the clutch at 7800 several times and saw the tach bury.

the trans and clutch are ****. but the engine itself hasnt had a problem. april 2009 to today. ive run e85, 93, and nitromethane in the e85. when are my oil pump gears going to fail?

i think you can get over the pump gear thing you mention every time the coyote is a conversation.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by assasinator
my 9 year old oil pump gears are original and still in the car. if anyone was going to bust them it was me. 108,000 miles.

when are mine going to fail? nobody i know drives their coyote as hard as i drive mine. i never change the oil. i rev it to 7800 every single day. i bounce the limiter every day. over and over some times. i have downshifted and dropped the clutch at 7800 several times and saw the tach bury.

the trans and clutch are ****. but the engine itself hasnt had a problem. april 2009 to today. ive run e85, 93, and nitromethane in the e85. when are my oil pump gears going to fail?

i think you can get over the pump gear thing you mention every time the coyote is a conversation.
Weird because that pony wars thing they are doing the one thing the bro guys stressed is oil pump gears.....guess you know something they don't. Good thing to cause it took em like a week to replace em sheet......
Old 07-16-2019, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

10 4

Thank you for your input

There were no 6gens running last time we made it out. Not planning on yanking any interior - it doubles as my family DD

Mine is a base that weighed 3680 as it sits so trying to weigh any interest going N/A, we’ll see.

I am looking for an S197 300a car auto in grabber blue with no wing. I think the weight will be about 3500 ish. I will convert to Brembos to lose weight then boost it after trying to get in the 11s n/a with out gutting.

I seen too many oil pump gears fail so I do not think it is worth the risk. Knowing my luck I would do bottom end damage. I use Amsoil. I wonder if oil selection can help..
Old 07-16-2019, 08:05 PM
Staging Lane

Lolz.....you ain't calling **** chump. But you took it hook line and sinker. You see if you were truly this voice of reason your dumbass thinks you are you woulda said yea......changing cam timing is a internal mod.

If you really knew wtf you were talking about you would know the fox 5br0 used rockers in the 80s.....as did tpi cars. Hell there6lt cars on the lt list on here with rockers

But you don't know this **** because all you are is a raging faggor hypocrite bitch.

Looks like you got called

You shoulda bought a 5br0. You fit in better with that crowd.Did it really take 15+ yrs for a bolt on furd to edge the ol' ls1?You're the one that acts like my car lasted for 3 minutes.....that's what.

Don't forget that transmission.TroofThese guys typically jump all over people bench racing.Be a great idea. Cuts through the bs then.

How did your c6z do at the track?Ive seen sxc car. It's a very nice simple bolt on car. Not some gutted heap like these guys do to the 5br0s. Remember he was less than .1 off a cammed 5br0 same track same day. So on that day poppa may have went slower.....unless cams dont do nuffinSo you lost.....and pretty good.The 15-17 5br0 got wore out by the 6gen.

Poppa 5br0 was one of the best running 5br0s in the country back then.You're track is fast to where i run.....wif out a doubt. Thatv11.8 you claim was no doubt error defined. Because you got drug by 12.2@114 cars on the skreets. So you're like atleast 1.5 sec off and 20mph. But instead of running dat stank *** mouf for years now w/o running your car you could just go run your car instead of dreaming about what that 35hp did for that turd.

You should concentrate on trying to run with lbo ls1 like sxc.
Never got drug by a 114 car. I lost to a car who ran 114 on a botched run that makes you so mad.

Your track is much better, and it was also leaked how many times you run vs. how many you act like you ran. You've run that Camaro 32,000,000 times for a 10.9.

The thing is I know my car isn't fast, it's just a fun little toy from the 80s. All your **** work with Fords is engine swapped, non factory motors with boost still running 11.2s . Well, I mean, that's all that runs anyway. Your other motors broke.

Blew up the termi motor
And then the LS7...LOL. Not to mention you helped on engine swaps on the notch prior to the termi swap.

Old 07-16-2019, 08:22 PM

I personally don’t think I’ll bother with them. I rolled the dice for a few years before changing the LS7 heads and beat the snot out of it with stock heads at 36k miles so I’m a gambling man

I am looking for an S197 300a car auto in grabber blue with no wing. I think the weight will be about 3500 ish. I will convert to Brembos to lose weight then boost it after trying to get in the 11s n/a with out gutting.

I seen too many oil pump gears fail so I do not think it is worth the risk. Knowing my luck I would do bottom end damage. I use Amsoil. I wonder if oil selection can help..
Good choice, never liked a gutted car either
Old 07-16-2019, 09:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Ultra, what (roughly) does a 6 Gen Camaro FBO 93 octane A8 usually run? I know you or King would know- talking average run, not a hero pass . Just curious-

Any idea on their weight? Wish my brother still had his.

Rough idea, won't hold you to it.
10.9-11.1 full weight on a drag pack.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
10.9-11.1 full weight on a drag pack.
10 4 sir

Thank you
Old 07-16-2019, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Whats up with the Camaro?
Is it really going away?

I hope they do Berger SS one more time, or maybe a Dick Harrell Edition.
The 5th Gen Hot Wheels version always looked great to me to, the same way I like the California Special Mustang from 11-14.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
Your **** be lucky to run 3 minutes lol. Yes converter broke at almost twice stock power. Tranny was good, I just chose to put clutches in it while it was out.
I think i done proved it's ran longer than yours......you ain't real bright are ya.

Do you have to open the engine in order to change the cam timing on the 5.bro? Do you have to open the engine to install rockers? I'm sure a lot of guys used rockers in the 80's, but it's still not a bolt on since you have to open the engine to change it. You might be stuck with the mentality of a teenager, but I'm not, so I don't buy a car to "fit in" anywhere, I buy what I want.
Are the cams inside the motor dumbass?

You don6fit in anywhere. No one wants your dumbass. Especially when your a hypocritical bitch.

Originally Posted by Chris25
No but u have to open them to do phaser delete and oil pump gears...... Just saying in for the ducking momentarily
They want to say you can't fool with anything that touches oil.....but yet if something touches oil on their side they all for it.

Originally Posted by snake95

Blew up the termi motor

You got dat *** drug by a 12.2@114 car and never showed any proof of it going faster to help your cause. So there is absolutely no reason to believe it did.

Your **** looked like it turned off on that run....30poos are gutless wonders. Once past second gear they flat fall on their face just like your turd does

Sxc has your *** covered with bolt ons and then some.

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1

That's gettin it on

Originally Posted by islander033
Hahaha...SXC really needs to go terbo. That's a pile of mods to go that slow.... wow

She is inbred and thinks it's the 80's
And you're a bitch

You must be a dumbass to be on the rev limiter erryday. Learn to drive.
Weird because that pony wars thing they are doing the one thing the bro guys stressed is oil pump gears.....guess you know something they don't. Good thing to cause it took em like a week to replace em sheet......
Pony wars is pretty decent. Can't say I'd do errythang the same as they do but it's pretty decent.
Originally Posted by snake95

Blew up the termi motor

Bahaha....i made this bitch stutter

I personally don’t think I’ll bother with them. I rolled the dice for a few years before changing the LS7 heads and beat the snot out of it with stock heads at 36k miles so I’m a gambling man

Good choice, never liked a gutted car either
Me neither......atleast not for my street cars. I like them to go up the road pretty nice.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

I think i done proved it's ran longer than yours......you ain't real bright are ya.

120k+ mile car has ran longer than 35K mile car. No **** captain obvious. You still been doing nothing in the last 3 years besides mowing the lawn.

Last edited by BlkMach1; 07-17-2019 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:37 PM
Staging Lane

Rug can't decide if he's competent or not. If he decided he wasn't retarded he would be able to find Marc's posts proving his 114 runs were botched. But since he is retarded he thinks 11.29 is good for a car requiring an engine swap and boost that car has had so many different bottom ends and configurations that I'm convinced he owns it to underperform. Meanwhile actual 03 cobras that are a million pounds heavier go faster with less mods

And now he's backing an auto max effort LS car to beat my 80s manual junk? Yeah NA LS motors are cool if the year is 2003.
Old 07-17-2019, 12:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

Are the cams inside the motor dumbass?

You don6fit in anywhere. No one wants your dumbass. Especially when your a hypocritical bitch.

They want to say you can't fool with anything that touches oil.....but yet if something touches oil on their side they all for it.
You can change the cam timing on the coyote with a tune. Now if we're talking about adjustable phaser deletes and the oil pump gears, then sure, it's an internal mod. Rockers are the exact same thing, but as per usual with you, it's fine for GM, but for Ford it doesn't count.
Old 07-17-2019, 05:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by islander033
and no coyotard in here has beet my slow times with bolt ons. wow reality is a pain for yall. terbo on my car wood be fun stock motor stock trans build

opgs aint sheet!
The following users liked this post:
Mike Morris (07-17-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 06:03 AM
TECH Resident

You can change the cam timing on the coyote with a tune. Now if we're talking about adjustable phaser deletes and the oil pump gears, then sure, it's an internal mod. Rockers are the exact same thing, but as per usual with you, it's fine for GM, but for Ford it doesn't count.
How would u ever know they had the oil pump gears or phaser delete done it's not easy like an LS to check. Honest question
The following users liked this post:
Mike Morris (07-17-2019)

Quick Reply: Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019