Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 04:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

I just like bolt ons 80s style....**** still werks.
Old 07-17-2019, 05:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Some mods are stupid. What do you want me to do??.....pat them on the back and say great choice. To me that would be wrong and that's the **** fb is for......participation trophies.Cool......now condemn all the pic bs that went on since you think you're taking the high road.

Iruns was a mutt tho. ......lmao. I never said mutts were bad. Actually i typically prefer mutt dogs. So to me it was only funny. Pissed him off tho Be no different than someone calling me whitey. I am white.....wtf does it matter? Now he took it to another level when he talked about black guys doin my gf.....i don't see you saying anything about that. But one considering that alone as offensive would be racist on its own. He actually thought that was offensive. And why would he think he's more black or white......i never did get that out of mixed racial people. They're not one or the other more than the other.....they're both.

Y'all are the ones that take it past. You can't lie on people's **** and expect it not to go farther. It's why i stick to troofs.Yea it sucks. Most times i can't even find where i last left a comment on fb. If someone replies i never know it.....so i don't bother.

It seems fb is mostly for people who think their miserable lives are better than it actually isIt's great i think. Hopefully they will do something similar for fcars . Aem actually did a p-n-p 0411 years ago. But i didn't know about it till it was to late.
Well if he really did bring up people doing your girl then that's shitty of him and I take my statement back.

Mutt isn't a term you use for human beings, though, you know this.
Old 07-17-2019, 05:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
You're 100% correct, was just curious. I thought you were 116 and he was 118 but may have had them backwards. Both are important metrics for progress. He’s probably putting down little more power since the trap is higher and car is heavier.

God is in the details and yours is set up well.

Im not sure how many coyotes are in here in total either.
thanks man. my car is consistent 11.6@116 car ive had it in all conditions and it just runs what it runs.

Originally Posted by WisT02ws6
He asked if I out trapped you, not if you have a quicker slip than I did.
youre right. 350whp here. my car traps 116 and ets what it should.

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
I doubt there was ever a whole lot. Probably several others that moved on and bought trucks or other project cars. The 4-5 ford owners left do a great job keeping this section alive. It would be dead otherwise.
there were quite a few. most of the ones im talking about have been to the rentals and that was a humbling experience im sure.

This is a great point and I meant to mention this earlier. We enjoy the forum and the bitching but it’s all in good fun 95% of the time. I hate to see any members leave.

I normally don’t get sucked into the ribbing and to Hio I apologize for my snide comment about running what a stock C6Z runs.

I don’t mean to insult any of you personally ever. I also hate to see so few posting these days.

So please keep this in mind when you guys get rude to each other.

The forums are a dying platform I worry and only a few will be enjoyable for years to come. I’m not paid as a mod and it’s in free time randomly only.

I think we have the best forum IMHO and if the tempers dropped a hair there is so much to learn from each of us.

Just a thought -
all in fun. were talking cars after all. best forum hands down so much tech on here its crazy.

Your car is a very nice mbo 4gen. Very clean with nice mods and it gets it done.
thanks dug
Old 07-17-2019, 05:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
only time my oil been touched is during oil changes. Done quite a few of those. Wish the oil filter was more like the LS2 design of the TBSS.
The oil pan design was **** on those though just like the GTO still would love to have a tbss as a daily.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris25
Weird because that pony wars thing they are doing the one thing the bro guys stressed is oil pump gears.....guess you know something they don't. Good thing to cause it took em like a week to replace em sheet......

of course when i changed the exhaust cams, the cover and chains in addition to everything it took to do the job were removed. changing pump gears is not a greek tragedy at that point. i see no reason to change them. so i didn't.

when i rebuild it, i will use stock replacement gears. not billet or anything else. my turbo has a stock 4.6 3v pump in it. stock is fine. that one only spins 7000, but they will remain stock also.

i dont know anything they don't HOWEVER....Ed Olin, the powertrain engineer who designed the Cobra R 5.4 4v, said to me, and others in the corral forum that damping and under drive pulleys is what kills pump gears.

the wrong damper for the harmonics of the crank that is used is what kills any oil pump gear that sits on a crank. if you have a particular brand, type, and material, balancing, the rest of the rotating assembly, use the right damper.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

5br0s have rockers to. No one is saying they can't change them. But if YOU AND OTHERS WANT TO DRAW A HARD LINE ON NOTHING TOUCHES OIL GETS MODDED then NOTHING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THAT TOUCHES OIL GETS MODDED.

See how simple that is. I'm all for it. Until the cams are inside the pcm they touch oil. End of starry.

Actually gm does have vvt.....and you can use rockers. What now? Idk why people don't take advantage of that great technology.......you're one that could. But you're dumb enough not to. It's really quite amazing you're that damn stupid.
I will say that they can't change the rockers and call it a bolt on. The cams aren't in the PCM, but the parameters to change them are. Just like the fuel injectors and everything else the PCM controls. Yes, GM has VVT and I have no problems with a tune modifying them.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

I just like bolt ons 80s style....**** still werks.
And I like turbos, some like superchargers, some like nitrous, some like stock drivability etc. You get the point?

The oil pan design was **** on those though just like the GTO still would love to have a tbss as a daily.
This is my little bros TBSS I love that thing, its got 210k on it and still going strong!
Old 07-17-2019, 06:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by zz4camaro1980
And I like turbos, some like superchargers, some like nitrous, some like stock drivability etc. You get the point?

This is my little bros TBSS I love that thing, its got 210k on it and still going strong!
Nice man clean set of cars yah got there. Was luck of the draw with em if they spun a bearing I guess. I just run a half a quart over to be on the safe side.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
I am looking for an S197 300a car auto in grabber blue with no wing. I think the weight will be about 3500 ish. I will convert to Brembos to lose weight then boost it after trying to get in the 11s n/a with out gutting.

I seen too many oil pump gears fail so I do not think it is worth the risk. Knowing my luck I would do bottom end damage. I use Amsoil. I wonder if oil selection can help..
i use a blend. always a blend. there are features that natural oil have that a synthetic cant match. likewise natural oil robs power and doesnt last.

synthetic for a dyno session, a blend to keep it alive. IMO.

Get a 2011-2012 300a auto. i have a manual, but im willing to bet the auto will be about 3500 even with ZERO weight reduction. i have no wing for weight. i think you are underestimating the platform.

i remember watching car after car in 2011 at bowling green run 11.5-11.8. September and it was hot. that was with longtubes available at the time, big MAF cold air, 93 octane, exhaust.

they couldnt have been making more than 425 rwhp. At that time that's all we could get. all we had was a stock intake manifold.

today a gen1 is a ******* if it isn;t making 445-455rwhp with most bolt ons. we are also making a hell of a lot more torque than back then. you HAVE to use the right combo. im willing to bet you know what that is, but if a 16 year old girl cant run very low 11's with a A6 FBO coyote, the combo is ****. no weight reduction. 300a car.

a bunch of dumbasses stripped their cars to the chassis to just barely break 10s and that seems to be the only thing folks remember. please dont buy a single part from BBK. consider it is pumping the same amount of air that a LS3 does at teh same power level. it needs a big exhaust and big intake. overaxles from JPC.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:56 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Design yea, but filter was easy and came straight down. On coyote its angled down slightly down and towards the front and partially blocked by Kmember. kinda annoying to get it out.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:15 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

I appreciate all the kind words, we’ve got the best forum without a doubt

When you’re picking up a few odds and ends at Publix and you spot a C6Z and you can’t help face possible divorce to get another one (after you bought a Hellcat and an 18 GT)

Lord I honestly think the C6Z is sexiest car made

The following users liked this post:
NW-99SS (07-18-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Bought the parts to build this custom OTR intake setup. Halltech zo6 setup. Got it used for 270 and I can sell my rotofab for more than that so I’m not out much all in. It’s supposed to help. I just hope it’s worth the hassle. I’ll need to run hood pins and do some trimming. Should get a ton of cold air from the upper grill.

you guys think this will be worth something over my traditional rotofab ? What about driving in the rain? The install looks clean enough when finished so I like that...

Old 07-17-2019, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Bought the parts to build this custom OTR intake setup. Halltech zo6 setup. Got it used for 270 and I can sell my rotofab for more than that so I’m not out much all in. It’s supposed to help. I just hope it’s worth the hassle. I’ll need to run hood pins and do some trimming. Should get a ton of cold air from the upper grill.

you guys think this will be worth something over my traditional rotofab ? What about driving in the rain? The install looks clean enough when finished so I like that...

I think it’ll help, you’re removing the 90 degree bend possibly better throttle response too. Don’t you need like a good 4 solid inches between mad and Tb? There is a spec for that I believe but if so, it still looks good.

I don’t think the rain would really get it that wet where it is

The newer maf forward right at the base of the filter before the bend is supposed to be easier to tune but trial and error- on a C6Z I’m referring to

March on sir, looks like it was made for it
Old 07-17-2019, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think it’ll help, you’re removing the 90 degree bend possibly better throttle response too. Don’t you need like a good 4 solid inches between mad and Tb? There is a spec for that I believe but if so, it still looks good.

I don’t think the rain would really get it that wet where it is

March on sir, looks like it was made for it
Had to order a 4 inch 30 degree bend silicone hose for the connection per that guy. Have to cut the hood where the hood latch is. Notch the radiator support. And obviously cut out that front metal cover. And use hood pins like I said. A lot of work...

Ive dropped 100 lbs. did aero in the rear bumper and adding this intake with more tuning. Would really like to hit a 130 trap in good air compared to 127-128 last year. Also want a 10.5 or better. Then I’m moving on to heads/cam/converter

i was advised to use the maf near the TB design from pray. I’m just guessing because the wires won’t reach but idk
Old 07-17-2019, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Had to order a 4 inch 30 degree bend silicone hose for the connection per that guy. Have to cut the hood where the hood latch is. Notch the radiator support. And obviously cut out that front metal cover. And use hood pins like I said. A lot of work...

Ive dropped 100 lbs. did aero in the rear bumper and adding this intake with more tuning. Would really like to hit a 130 trap in good air compared to 127-128 last year. Also want a 10.5 or better. Then I’m moving on to heads/cam/converter

i was advised to use the maf near the TB design from pray. I’m just guessing because the wires won’t reach but idk
Progress is never easy. I’d also trust Pray I just remember Jim Halltech on CF saying the updated maf forward design was easier to tune but doubt that’s an issue now - Pray would know the details at idle of there was a problem
Old 07-17-2019, 07:59 PM
TECH Resident

Nice setup man the OTR is definitely the way to go.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:59 PM
10 Second Club

Looks good ultra!

It won't care about rain Jay. Behind the grill like that it be fine. Hell my duggy box don't care about rain and it's picking up air in the vary front.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:11 PM

Looks good ultra!

It won't care about rain Jay. Behind the grill like that it be fine. Hell my duggy box don't care about rain and it's picking up air in the vary front.
Agreed sir

Last edited by JayplaySS; 07-17-2019 at 09:16 PM.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for input guys. If I can get an honest mph from it will be worthwhile. i got flush mount hood pins that will look nice as well. And will drop a couple pounds in the swap to boot. I’m also removing my rear ebrake cables and electric ebrake motor too another ten lbs. Ryan coming out with a plug in to defeat the light from ebrake so it’s coming off. Should be down to around 3450 RW in race trim with my kirkey and dumped exhaust. Too bad Im 250 myself. I need to find a 150 jockey lol. Other than that I’m done with WR aside from possibly pre tinted rear lexan. Car still has ac radio etc perfectly fine daily when in street trim. No regrets
Old 07-17-2019, 09:59 PM
10 Second Club

I'm working my way back down to 160.....I'll drive dat biatch!

I used aero latch hood pins on my car. They are lockable to. I also like the added safety of them holding @ 130+ mph.

Quick Reply: Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019