Old 07-22-2019, 09:51 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Good video, saw that this weekend
Old 07-22-2019, 09:56 AM
Teching In

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Good video, saw that this weekend
I love his quote about the Ford guys hating on the C8 tail lights, he was like "those tail lights are what a lot of you guys are going to be seeing anyways when this thing comes out ."
Old 07-22-2019, 10:44 AM
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by AWPer
I'm just a lurker that's been here a while, but I have an '18 A10 GT with 17k miles on it and that motor is a ticking machine lol. It is horrible after a fresh oil change and then will quiet down, some, until the next oil change. I don't worry about the ticking because the car runs strong to me and the A10 is still shifting really nicely. I saw some people talking about what it takes to run E85 in an '18+. I did not have to do injectors or make any modifications to the fuel system, all I did was load up my PBD E85 tune with the nGauge and started datalogging with a fresh tank of E85. I believe most tuners will say because of the dual-injection system, one doesn't have to worry about fueling all the way up to what most would consider FBO NA. I do however keep my nGauge mounted and look at my fueling, knock, and timing quite often. At WOT, the engine runs 32.5 degrees of timing from like 3,000 all the way up to the 7,800 rpm redline, with zero knock, even with all of the "ticking." 0.81 to 0.83 lambda all the way through the power band at WOT. Also, in true bro fashion, I do daily drive with my back seats fully removed, I do however still have the factory driver and front passenger seats in.

However, I am just not feeling the car anymore. I thought I would always be a RWD V8 guy, but I am wanting to get into something different. I have my eyes on the '18+ Audi RS3s with AWD. I would have considered the V3, but I can not keep a car stock, and I think Chevy screwed that LT4 over with making it direct injection only. I think it costs like 5.5k to buy a proper fuel system from WeaponX that will allow the motor to run port injection... However, I don't know what I want, I just know that I want a fast four door with modability.

If you guys want a no BS video that is good to just listen to while doing other things, here is a guy who tunes for Lund and is admittedly a Ford nutswinger, talking about how well Chevy has done with the C8 Corvette and how Chevy basically made the new GT500 dead-on-arrival:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM2XtuohLss
Good post. Seen the video. I still wouldnt call the GT500 DOA just yet.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris25
True but I think the argument was more once something that touches oil has been swapped it's no longer bolt on regardless of performance value. But I guess the same could be said for a trunnion upgrade since they are similar mods.
I understand the argument. And again, I just made the decision while the car was at the mechanics shop while doing other work, to put them on the car. I had already purchased them in anticipation of adding boost. My thinking wasn't to argue whether the OPG/TG made a difference etc.

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

I know what your saying. That 4whp from rockers that i got didn't do anything either.

Nuffin does nuffin

Here's the deal. If no one wants anything to change that touches oil then NOTHING changes. No cam timing changes....no opg changes.....no rocker changes. Nothing.

Now you open that pandora's box and it's on. 5br0s swing cams.....i change rockers. 5br0s change opg......i do crank scraper. Seems fair right. It's much simpler if no one eff's with anything in the motor. But furd guys are liberals on their mods and conservatives on gm mods.
Meh.. not a big deal to me or worth arguing over for sure. My reasons were mentioned above. I assume we can agree on the fact that my car would have still ran the same times it ran with stock OPG/TG.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kinglt-1

Article I read says Z51 gets 495hp vs the the base Stingray 490hp. I believe the C7 base Stingray was 455hp and the Z51 and GS were 460hp.
Yes. That is simply the NPP dual mode exhaust option same as it has been on the C7s and 6gens. NPP adds 5hp from slightly more flow. As far as I know, Base Stingrays, even C7s have been able to add NPP to their cars as an option from day one.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Yes. That is simply the NPP dual mode exhaust option same as it has been on the C7s and 6gens. NPP adds 5hp from slightly more flow. As far as I know, Base Stingrays, even C7s have been able to add NPP to their cars as an option from day one.
Right...GM never marketed the NPP adding any horsepower for the 6th gen tho.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by AWPer
I'm just a lurker that's been here a while, but I have an '18 A10 GT with 17k miles on it and that motor is a ticking machine lol. It is horrible after a fresh oil change and then will quiet down, some, until the next oil change. I don't worry about the ticking because the car runs strong to me and the A10 is still shifting really nicely. I saw some people talking about what it takes to run E85 in an '18+. I did not have to do injectors or make any modifications to the fuel system, all I did was load up my PBD E85 tune with the nGauge and started datalogging with a fresh tank of E85. I believe most tuners will say because of the dual-injection system, one doesn't have to worry about fueling all the way up to what most would consider FBO NA. I do however keep my nGauge mounted and look at my fueling, knock, and timing quite often. At WOT, the engine runs 32.5 degrees of timing from like 3,000 all the way up to the 7,800 rpm redline, with zero knock, even with all of the "ticking." 0.81 to 0.83 lambda all the way through the power band at WOT. Also, in true bro fashion, I do daily drive with my back seats fully removed, I do however still have the factory driver and front passenger seats in.

However, I am just not feeling the car anymore. I thought I would always be a RWD V8 guy, but I am wanting to get into something different. I have my eyes on the '18+ Audi RS3s with AWD. I would have considered the V3, but I can not keep a car stock, and I think Chevy screwed that LT4 over with making it direct injection only. I think it costs like 5.5k to buy a proper fuel system from WeaponX that will allow the motor to run port injection... However, I don't know what I want, I just know that I want a fast four door with modability.

If you guys want a no BS video that is good to just listen to while doing other things, here is a guy who tunes for Lund and is admittedly a Ford nutswinger, talking about how well Chevy has done with the C8 Corvette and how Chevy basically made the new GT500 dead-on-arrival:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM2XtuohLss
Lol....good vid.

C8 gonna be a animal. Now add twin turbos......and the weight from them will be right where you want it.
Originally Posted by HpipeFlowmasterStang
Good post. Seen the video. I still wouldnt call the GT500 DOA just yet.
For overall performance it is. It's not that it won't be a great performance car.....I'm sure it will be. But for the cost vs the c8 cist the c8 will likely dominate it in everything other than straight line performance. Well hell.......the c7 does to for that matter. Gt500 goal is really the zl1 1le. But the cost of the c8 is really what he's talking about.

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
I understand the argument. And again, I just made the decision while the car was at the mechanics shop while doing other work, to put them on the car. I had already purchased them in anticipation of adding boost. My thinking wasn't to argue whether the OPG/TG made a difference etc.

Meh.. not a big deal to me or worth arguing over for sure. My reasons were mentioned above. I assume we can agree on the fact that my car would have still ran the same times it ran with stock OPG/TG.
I'm not the one with the issues of touching oil poppa.......the furd guys are. Maybe it gives them a rash or something.

Either way I'm good with. But it's gonna be fair and not lopsided.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:39 PM
Teching In

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

GM nutswingers: “If you have a tune on a coyote then it’s no longer SBE or SLB since the tune will change cam timing and the cams touch oil.”

Ford Derps: “Well If that’s the case then if you have a tune on a GM vehicle then it is no longer SBE or SLB neither since you add fueling and timing to the combustion chamber where the piston meets the valves and those pistons touch oil.”

This **** will go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on....

Well, you get the point.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:58 PM
10 Second Club

So the furd still changes more.....good point.

But that's vs the ls stuff. L99 had vvt tho. I'd like to know the threshold of vvt with rockers. No reason one shouldn't capitalize on both technologies.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:09 PM

Lol....good vid.

C8 gonna be a animal. Now add twin turbos......and the weight from them will be right where you want it.
Isn't the LT2 going to have the same pistons as the LT1?
Old 07-22-2019, 01:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Rug only talks **** on people's drag and 1/4 times and trap speeds WHILE claiming to have road race suspension on his Camaro he has NEVER road raced.

It's all straight line comparisons out the *** all the time, but when he realizes the GT500 will likely assault the C8 in those metrics, it's all about the other stuff There there, rug, the big bad mustang won't hurt you. The C8 is gonna be a badass car, GM should get a gold star for finally producing a mid-engined car.

Oh and if you think you're gonna be able to go to a dealer and bring 60k cash with you and leave with a new C8 then LOLOLOL!!!!

Remember the Hellcat markup years ago? I think this will be even worse.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

DOHC twin turbo v8 coming rumor has it
Old 07-22-2019, 01:23 PM
10 Second Club

Yup....but the pistons isn't a issue. And we've been over how to keep the rings happy. The threshold seems to be well past 600whp anyway. So now you're looking at a mild 600+whp mid engined car with just a small amount of boost that rocketed to 0-60 in less than 3sec before the boost. No reason to stress it much. It6gonna be a animal.

Originally Posted by snake95
Rug only talks **** on people's drag and 1/4 times and trap speeds WHILE claiming to have road race suspension on his Camaro he has NEVER road raced.

It's all straight line comparisons out the *** all the time, but when he realizes the GT500 will likely assault the C8 in those metrics, it's all about the other stuff There there, rug, the big bad mustang won't hurt you. The C8 is gonna be a badass car, GM should get a gold star for finally producing a mid-engined car.

Oh and if you think you're gonna be able to go to a dealer and bring 60k cash with you and leave with a new C8 then LOLOLOL!!!!

Ive made laps on 2 different road courses in my camaro........next dumbass accusation please. On top of that it out ran your pile in full road race trim with you in drag trim

Don't erryone like overall performance? I mean you don't even drag race at all so why would you only care about straight line performance?

I use my mustang to outrun other mustangs......like yours.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:27 PM
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95

Exactly what I was thinking. I cant wait to see a sticker price of ‘$60,800’. LOL. Expect mid 70s minus tax. GT500 will not be DOA.

Duhg,

say what you want just remember the GT500 has a couple more ponies under the hood than the C8 does. It will still be what it has been and thats a hardcore Ford fan buying the GT500 and a Chevy lover buying a Vette. Plain and simple.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:35 PM
Staging Lane

Yup....but the pistons isn't a issue. And we've been over how to keep the rings happy. The threshold seems to be well past 600whp anyway. So now you're looking at a mild 600+whp mid engined car with just a small amount of boost that rocketed to 0-60 in less than 3sec before the boost. No reason to stress it much. It6gonna be a animal.Ive made laps on 2 different road courses in my camaro........next dumbass accusation please. On top of that it out ran your pile in full road race trim with you in drag trim

Don't erryone like overall performance? I mean you don't even drag race at all so why would you only care about straight line performance?

I use my mustang to outrun other mustangs......like yours.
How many laps did you race? It better be 200+since the overall theme (allegedly) for your car is road racing. Why go thru all that effort otherwise?

Why does straight line performance matter 99% of the time to you but when the M/E SUPERCAR SLAYER VETTE likely loses in a straight line, it's about everything else? Just like you bringing up lateral G forces in the FI section when they were crucifying you over trying to say NA > FI, right before you backpedaled and straight up cowered away from call outs that, if you actually believed in what you said, you'd win no problems. Funny how when you're asked to prove something, it's all uh uh duh ummm.

Keep dodging points, rug section blow-up betty strikes again.

My car isn't here in SC with me yet. When family comes to visit this summer they're trailering it down. Your notch made a great improvement but until it's in the 10s it's a huge disappointment for all the time/money/effort invested.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:46 PM
10 Second Club

Man you really proved what a ****** idiot you are.....200 laps.....lmao. ****** moron. You're dumbass thinks someone is gonna run the 24 hrs of Daytona with their street car.....what a ******* idiot.

My notch is much faster than a 14 psi termi. They would struggle to leave the 12s. So no....it done very well on a 12 yr old dr. That's less tire then you ran on but much faster.

Sounds like a excuse not to run that turd. I'm sure you had plenty of time to hit the track with it while it was in your possession.

Why go through the effort??....cause car guy. Not a sniffling little whine baby like you.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:50 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Every once in awhile I come in here and Hiollary isn't getting wrecked......this is not one of those times.

LOL and WOW and
Old 07-22-2019, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
DOHC twin turbo v8 coming rumor has it
That'll be awesome

Yup....but the pistons isn't a issue. And we've been over how to keep the rings happy. The threshold seems to be well past 600whp anyway. So now you're looking at a mild 600+whp mid engined car with just a small amount of boost that rocketed to 0-60 in less than 3sec before the boost. No reason to stress it much. It6gonna be a animal.
I was only asking since VR said the safe spot was 650whp

H/C like LT1 mods with the tall intake may be easiest / safest -

That intake will be a possible swap for LT Camaros too -
Old 07-22-2019, 01:55 PM
Teching In

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Man you really proved what a ****** idiot you are.....200 laps.....lmao. ****** moron. You're dumbass thinks someone is gonna run the 24 hrs of Daytona with their street car.....what a ******* idiot.

My notch is much faster than a 14 psi termi. They would struggle to leave the 12s. So no....it done very well on a 12 yr old dr. That's less tire then you ran on but much faster.

Sounds like a excuse not to run that turd. I'm sure you had plenty of time to hit the track with it while it was in your possession.

Why go through the effort??....cause car guy. Not a sniffling little whine baby like you.
I don’t think Snake said anything about you having to complete 200 laps in 24 hours..
Old 07-22-2019, 01:57 PM
Staging Lane

Herp derp, the point is you always say your car is set up for road racing. Then you proceed to run only at 1/4 mile tracks. You're just a hypocrite and quite frankly I'm not sure why you're so upset with your results that you have to masquerade your efforts as for "road racing".

So 200 laps total in your camaro's 20+ year life would seem fitting for the effort to make it road race centered (aka built-in excuse tailored).

Quick Reply: Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019