Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 09:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
Keep dodging, why don't you band-aid your car to at least run down the track once? You boast your HP in your sig like it means ****, but you give a laundry list of excuses for why you've never been down the 1/4 with your car.

I'd bet anything a stock 2018 would give that junk more than it could handle
Poor snake she's really not herself when she's in her feels like this talking about me racing cars she doesn't own and hypotheticals...... Well I'll indulge her why don't you go pick one up and come on down for a run miss. In B4 snake says I'm deflecting and she's not a he.....
Old 07-24-2019, 09:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

....So, no actual reason? Just scared? If someone has the coin to mod the engine to 500rwhp then he has the resources to make it survive a 1/4 pass.

I'm sure the high school kids go crazy over your dyno numbers
Old 07-24-2019, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

https://www.halltechsystems.com/product-p/nomex.htm

you guys think I should spend the 60 bucks and put this sock on my custom cai?

nomex fiber heat wrap. They claim it helps

any input anyone ? I’ve come this far might as well make it the best it can be.... or waste of time ?
Old 07-24-2019, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

I think don't bother. 30 min drive also has some degree of moving air over the tube all the time, if they had before and after data then maybe I'd pay attention. 60 seconds of idle increased temps over 10%, they reduced after the block of driving but again, driving = moving air over the tube whether there's a sock or not, the cooling isn't necessarily attributed to the sock. The engine is just cooler meaning less heat under the hood, period.

Sounds like snake oil to me. Anything pliable you can see daylight through is going to let in heat as well.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for your input snake

they do have some convincing vids with a torch on some dudes arm and the sock keeps him protected...
Old 07-24-2019, 10:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
Hio super hyped up about 3 underperforming cars. Lol

props to VR for keeping their head down and focused on end goal. They won.
They performed decent.....although they weren't even pushing the camaro. Mustang and charger needed cheater tires to lose the autox.

That's 3 pony wars and the camaro has made more power errytime.

Keep dodging, why don't you band-aid your car to at least run down the track once? You boast your HP in your sig like it means ****, but you give a laundry list of excuses for why you've never been down the 1/4 with your car.

I'd bet anything a stock 2018 would give that junk more than it could handle
Can you run down the track ......seems you forgot. I mean before your dumbass calls anyone out for not making po asses you should probably go more than 1 time erry 3 years.

....So, no actual reason? Just scared? If someone has the coin to mod the engine to 500rwhp then he has the resources to make it survive a 1/4 pass.

I'm sure the high school kids go crazy over your dyno numbers
It's not to hard to get 500whp na out if a ls.

Seems you may be skeered of the track. It's been years since you been ......oh the hypocrisy

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1

any input anyone ? I’ve come this far might as well make it the best it can be.... or waste of time ?
I'd like to have a sock on mih weiner in the winter time.....but I'll skip that one for my cai.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
They performed decent.....although they weren't even pushing the camaro. Mustang and charger needed cheater tires to lose the autox.

That's 3 pony wars and the camaro has made more power errytime.

Can you run down the track ......seems you forgot. I mean before your dumbass calls anyone out for not making po asses you should probably go more than 1 time erry 3 years.

It's not to hard to get 500whp na out if a ls.

Seems you may be skeered of the track. It's been years since you been ......oh the hypocrisy

I'd like to have a sock on mih weiner in the winter time.....but I'll skip that one for my cai.
So you saying skip it also ?
Old 07-24-2019, 10:41 PM
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Damn. Came home from work. Ate. Went out. Took a ****. Showered.... And still Hio is getting roasted in here...
Old 07-24-2019, 10:41 PM
10 Second Club

Yup....atleast that one. There are other pre filters that shed water. Could try one of those . They're popular in the off road world. But that one looked like sock material.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yup....atleast that one. There are other pre filters that shed water. Could try one of those . But that one looked like sock material.
Only thing I’m worried about from this is that I had to cut a good 60% out of my upper radiator support. Hope it doesn’t alter my chassis too negatively. Maybe I should add a strut tower brace? Idk
Old 07-24-2019, 10:45 PM
10 Second Club

If you're running skinnies and no front bar it won't generate enough grip to know.

Usually when i cut a section out of something like tgat i box it back it so it don't loose much strength.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you're running skinnies and no front bar it won't generate enough grip to know.
Im done taking off the front bar. It’s too much a pain in the *** to take on and off. It’s less than ten lbs and noticed no difference from it
Old 07-24-2019, 10:52 PM
10 Second Club

If you're running skinnies all the time there is no reason to put it back on. It can't generate enough force to roll the body.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

At the track I always run my drag pack. Haven’t even been out this year yet. But soon....

id rather keep the front swaybar on. I like how the car handles etc when I’m not dragging it. Without the front sway it’s noticeable and handles far worse. It’s on right meow
Old 07-24-2019, 10:54 PM
Staging Lane

That's 3 pony wars and the camaro has made more power errytime.Can you run down the track ......seems you forgot. I mean before your dumbass calls anyone out for not making po asses you should probably go more than 1 time erry 3 years.It's not to hard to get 500whp na out if a ls.

Seems you may be skeered of the track. It's been years since you been ......oh the hypocrisyI'd like to have a sock on mih weiner in the winter time.....but I'll skip that one for my cai.
Can you show me a single semblance of proof that Chris has ANY times in his GTO?

You seem super worried about my fox after I've made further changes from the 11.8/116.2 run. To the point you're mad at me for not doing road trips in it

Back to the point - Chris, where are his slips??????????
Old 07-24-2019, 10:57 PM
10 Second Club

At the track I always run my drag pack. Haven’t even been out this year yet. But soon....

id rather keep the front swayback on. I like how the car handles etc when I’m not dragging it. Without the front sway it’s noticeable and handles far worse. It’s on right meow
If you ride on normal fronts mostly then yea i would leave the bar on also.

Can you show me a single semblance of proof that Chris has ANY times in his GTO?

You seem super worried about my fox after I've made further changes from the 11.8/116.2 run. To the point you're mad at me for not doing road trips in it

Back to the point - Chris, where are his slips??????????
As far as i can tell you don't have any semblance of accurate times. No way your turd runs 11.8@116 and gets drug the way it did by a 12 2@114 car. **** looks like it runs 13s.
Old 07-24-2019, 11:09 PM
Staging Lane

If you ride on normal fronts mostly then yea i would leave the bar on also.As far as i can tell you don't have any semblance of accurate times. No way your turd runs 11.8@116 and gets drug the way it did by a 12 2@114 car. **** looks like it runs 13s.
Using your logic then both of your cars have gotten drug by 13 second cars. After 14 motors of whatever the ****.

Can't address me about Chris never making a pass ever in his GTdOh?
Old 07-24-2019, 11:27 PM
Staging Lane

Remember the video of the Japanese car pulling the front bumper off of your Chevrolet? That was the definition of punishment. My condolences.
Bump.
Old 07-25-2019, 05:46 AM
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Bump.
Which Japanese car is this? Hio had said once that Japanese cars are ****....
Old 07-25-2019, 06:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

I wouldnt worry about it. If your concerned about heat I would make a barrier between where the otr sits on the radiator. This is what I did for mine kind of crude but seemed to keep it cooler.

Quick Reply: Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019