Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2024, 06:59 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Not sure what that vid is about. But that et is much slower than a stock fatgen which is basically the same car as the holden.

I guess you like posting races where one of them misses a gear.....weird.

Yea they were gutless like the rest of the 4.6s.

just say you don't like the facts. The facts I said are facts. The facts do not care about your feelings.....or mine.

But I am smart enough to look at facts and not let them get in the way of my feelings....you're not.

The modulars got smoked on actual power which happens everyday in the real world. Remember there are zero 1000+ hp modulars. There are zero 650whp modulars in street cars. There may not be any 500whp modulars. A few coyotahs but none of them are doing it on pump gas.
Hope you don’t have to stick that foot in your mouth one day with all that 4.6 hate.
Old 08-04-2024, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

My next car build will be a c4.
Yes!!!

Old friend saying hi Hio

Facebook Post
The following users liked this post:
HioSSilver (08-04-2024)
Old 08-04-2024, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes!!!

Do a c4 build HIo
The following users liked this post:
HioSSilver (08-04-2024)
Old 08-04-2024, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Suck it Jake

Facebook Post
Old 08-04-2024, 05:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 434 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by NA4VALVE
Hope you don’t have to stick that foot in your mouth one day with all that 4.6 hate.
I haven't had to yet.

If it's a similar build to mines it won't even be close......although I think it would be cool if it was. Mines way more basic than you think. I wasn't trying to set records with it.

I go back to the dyno on 8/16. Hopefully all goes well. This time with the new fuel pump and filter set up it shouldnt be leaning out at 6600ish. It needs to be ran out to about 7800. I was hoping to do flex fuel but I don't think that's a good option for these ecu's. Pump gas it is. Be nice to see it pick up a little more. 560whp maybe....hopefully.
Old 08-04-2024, 08:38 PM
10 Second Club

For chody and the furd clown crew. That's why yall 4.6 didn't make 494....because this one makes 540whp and that one isn't nearly as good as this. And this has ALOT less drivetrain loss than yalls.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 08-04-2024 at 08:44 PM.
Old 08-04-2024, 09:49 PM
Teching In

I haven't had to yet.

If it's a similar build to mines it won't even be close......although I think it would be cool if it was. Mines way more basic than you think. I wasn't trying to set records with it.

I go back to the dyno on 8/16. Hopefully all goes well. This time with the new fuel pump and filter set up it shouldnt be leaning out at 6600ish. It needs to be ran out to about 7800. I was hoping to do flex fuel but I don't think that's a good option for these ecu's. Pump gas it is. Be nice to see it pick up a little more. 560whp maybe....hopefully.
Very similar if anything mine may be more mild. Junkyard 4.6 block, stock crank, some rods a buddy had laying around, stock heads, and smaller cam specs by lift and duration vs what you have.
Old 08-04-2024, 09:51 PM
Teching In

https://youtu.be/7K2HJM0pWi8?si=zojgtd19KfGdGZbM

For chody and the furd clown crew. That's why yall 4.6 didn't make 494....because this one makes 540whp and that one isn't nearly as good as this. And this has ALOT less drivetrain loss than yalls.
So this car has a similar build as yours and makes about the same power with a 4.6 lol 😂

The yellow 494 whp Mach with a little more compression and better fuel would make the same power.
Old 08-05-2024, 07:59 AM
10 Second Club

By similar build I guess you mean that 4.6 was leaning out up top therefore not making all the power it could....odd I didn't hear them say that in the vid.

By similar build he's using a race 4speed vs a oe 6speed that will free up more power.

By similar build you meant the 4.6 has more compression and aftermarket rods and on a fuel.

By similar build you seen all the power accessories that engine is turning and the external oiling that usually doubles as a vac pump.

By similar build power going through the furd copy of a 12bolt vs a fab9. Likely with a lightened spool and hollow axles. Probably with lightened/polished gears freeing up as much as 10-15hp.

By similar you meant using a carburetor which typically makes more power.

All these are reasons why yalls 494whp 4.6 didn't actually make 494whp. Because that 540whp engine in that mach on pump gas may not make 494whp.

If the build was actually similar my 5.7 would make 600whp easily. Which actually plays out since my buddy built a 5.7 that made 680 crank with 243s for a dirt car.
Old 08-05-2024, 09:10 AM
Teching In

By similar build I guess you mean that 4.6 was leaning out up top therefore not making all the power it could....odd I didn't hear them say that in the vid.

By similar build he's using a race 4speed vs a oe 6speed that will free up more power.

By similar build you meant the 4.6 has more compression and aftermarket rods and on a fuel.

By similar build you seen all the power accessories that engine is turning and the external oiling that usually doubles as a vac pump.

By similar build power going through the furd copy of a 12bolt vs a fab9. Likely with a lightened spool and hollow axles. Probably with lightened/polished gears freeing up as much as 10-15hp.

All these are reasons why yalls 494whp 4.6 didn't actually make 494whp. Because that 540whp engine in that mach on pump gas may not make 494whp.

If the build was actually similar my 5.7 would make 600whp easily. Which actually plays out since my buddy built a 5.7 that made 680 crank with 243s for a dirt car.
The 540whp 4.6 is very similar to your 10lb clutch and face plated trans combo that you have pulled every ounce of rotating mass from over the past 15 years so you can make the # you did.

It is a class racecar with lots of engine restrictions so there is plenty left for said 4.6. The car would make similar power with EFI

Show me one 346 making over 600 SAE on a Dynojet

So yes very similar to your car. It is just a little lighter and faster.

Old 08-05-2024, 10:22 AM
10 Second Club

The 540whp 4.6 is very similar to your 10lb clutch and face plated trans combo that you have pulled every ounce of rotating mass from over the past 15 years so you can make the # you did.

It is a class racecar with lots of engine restrictions so there is plenty left for said 4.6. The car would make similar power with EFI

Show me one 346 making over 600 SAE on a Dynojet

So yes very similar to your car. It is just a little lighter and faster.
funny because I posted factual **** and all you came back with was rhetoric.....either that or henry furds nuts sack is in the way of you seeing things clearly.

Sooo.......600whp 5.7 is in a dirt car. You crazy mad because muh unfinished street car made more power than the race car 4.sux

Build a 4.sux like yall say. I'll be waiting for the excuses.
Old 08-05-2024, 10:49 AM
Teching In

funny because I posted factual **** and all you came back with was rhetoric.....either that or henry furds nuts sack is in the way of you seeing things clearly.

Sooo.......600whp 5.7 is in a dirt car. You crazy mad because muh unfinished street car made more power than the race car 4.sux

Build a 4.sux like yall say. I'll be waiting for the excuses.
This car made 540 and your car 54x lmao. Basically same power with very similar builds.

Similar compressions, stock ported heads, cams (this class limits cam specs so probably smaller than yours) and an aftermarket intake manifold. You know just like your car lmao.

Take this 4.6 with no restrictions and put it in a slightly heavier street car. It will yield similar results and make you cry.

The only excuses will come from you. If my 4.6 makes lets say 20 more whp than your 346ci LS you will just scream fake numbers because you are just like every other Democrat.
Old 08-05-2024, 10:50 AM
10 Second Club

Btw...lol at pulling every ounce of rotating mass in my car. I didn't know regular axles, regular gears, stock brakes and a truetrac weighed less than a likely a lightened gears,spool and hollow axles in a 8.8. Not to mention the drag brakes like on that car.

I didn't know my clutch weighed 10lbs.....i wish it did just to hear you cry more.

My car would likely pick up 15whp or more with that cars rear end set up.

Yes carbs make more power. Due to the cooling effect they have on the air.....but you knew that. Ooohhh wait you didn't.

So not similar to my car at all....it's a 2600lb with driver race car.
Old 08-05-2024, 11:13 AM
10 Second Club

Also cam only ls1 has been as fast as that 4.6 race car. H/c ls1 has been much faster. A little research on your part and you wouldn't look nearly as stupid.
Old 08-05-2024, 11:47 AM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A minor leaning out on the top end often gives an artificial power spike on the dyno.
If leaning out is hurting power you will see a notable dip in power that correlates with the drift lean, does your showcase that?

T5 vs T56 losses are marginal, within statistical noise.
More cope

By what, a point or so you claim?

It's running a magnetic external crank trigger and a remote mounted oil filter on the driver side frame rail.
On the RH corner of the engine is the alternator.
On the LH corner of the engine there is nothing
There is no external oil (or vacuum) pump on that engine, meaning it's wet sump oiling just like yours [presumably] is.
Mope coping

Having known many Factory stock, Coyote stock and Pure Street racers most of them do not run lightened/polished ring and pinion gears.
In their words, reduced reliability with no measurable performance gains.
More coping

A Sullivan intake is utterly archaic compared to most modern EFI intake manifolds modeled using CFD.

Quite the logic you're using there, how much benefit do you think 13:1 is worth over 11.4:1 on 93 octane?
You don't have any concept of MBT do you?

Sounds like an extremely happy engine dyno
Had that same 680 crank had come from a Modular imagine all of the pearl clutching you'd be doing, just more confirmation bias from someone really out of his depth.
Old 08-05-2024, 11:48 AM
Teching In

Btw...lol at pulling every ounce of rotating mass in my car. I didn't know regular axles, regular gears, stock brakes and a truetrac weighed less than a likely a lightened gears,spool and hollow axles in a 8.8. Not to mention the drag brakes like on that car.

I didn't know my clutch weighed 10lbs.....i wish it did just to hear you cry more.

My car would likely pick up 15whp or more with that cars rear end set up.

Yes carbs make more power. Due to the cooling effect they have on the air.....but you knew that. Ooohhh wait you didn't.

So not similar to my car at all....it's a 2600lb with driver race car.
Also cam only ls1 has been as fast as that 4.6 race car. H/c ls1 has been much faster. A little research on your part and you wouldn't look nearly as stupid.
The old N/A 4.6 4v pure street cars went low 10s at 132ish making mid upper 400s with class rules at 3400lbs. At a ~2900lb race weight and no rules like said "cam" only ls1 car they would go mid 9s at 140+.

Here is a 2v in that class with the ballast pulled over 10 years ago thrashing 99% of NA LS cars lmao. Now imagine what a 4v would do at the same weight and another 100whp.

Brandon Alsept Has The World's Quickest And Fastest 2-Valve Modular - FordMuscle

Last edited by NA4VALVE; 08-05-2024 at 11:58 AM.
Old 08-05-2024, 12:07 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ben99GT
A minor leaning out on the top end often gives an artificial power spike on the dyno.
If leaning out is hurting power you will see a notable dip in power that correlates with the drift lean, does your showcase that?

T5 vs T56 losses are marginal, within statistical noise.
More cope

By what, a point or so you claim?

It's running a magnetic external crank trigger and a remote mounted oil filter on the driver side frame rail.
On the RH corner of the engine is the alternator.
On the LH corner of the engine there is nothing
There is no external oil (or vacuum) pump on that engine, meaning it's wet sump oiling just like yours [presumably] is.
Mope coping

Having known many Factory stock, Coyote stock and Pure Street racers most of them do not run lightened/polished ring and pinion gears.
In their words, reduced reliability with no measurable performance gains.
More coping

A Sullivan intake is utterly archaic compared to most modern EFI intake manifolds modeled using CFD.

Quite the logic you're using there, how much benefit do you think 13:1 is worth over 11.4:1 on 93 octane?
You don't have any concept of MBT do you?

Sounds like an extremely happy engine dyno
Had that same 680 crank had come from a Modular imagine all of the pearl clutching you'd be doing, just more confirmation bias from someone really out of his depth.
You really don't know much do you....I'll splain. I didn't know leaning out into the 14:1+ was minor. I also didn't know cutting the run short because of it was optimal. I would take your advice except for it's ******* stupid.

T56 to t56 is very large. T56 to 3650 is large....We've done that . I bet you haven't. Now t56 to that racing 4speed is ginormous.

They all run lightened polished spools/gears/hollow axles. I've know a couple too.

Cool...Don'trun a sully intake then an yalls miracle build then. From what I've noticed once **** gets serious they're the way to go. Along with high rams or tunnel rams. But you can probably do it with a ow furd intake.....oohh wait you've done nothing yet except run dat mouf.

Since that 4.6 engine in the vid wasn't on pump it did fine on race gas. Just like yalls 494whp didn't make 494 at your claimed 11.25 compression. Which is now up to 11.4.

That 680 was real. He's built lots of ls, bmw and furds. So i assume that dyno would be happy for the furds too eehh.

Now come back when you have something to run besides dat stank breff mouf

The old N/A 4.6 4v pure street cars went low 10s at 132ish making mid upper 400s with class rules at 3400lbs. At a ~2900lb race weight and no rules like said "cam" only ls1 car they would go mid 9s at 140+.

Here is a 2v in that class with the ballast pulled over 10 years ago thrashing 99% of NA LS cars lmao. Now imaging what a 4v would do at the same weight and another 100whp.

Brandon Alsept Has The World's Quickest And Fastest 2-Valve Modular - FordMuscle
so slower than h/c ls1 has been. What was your point?

That thing is slower than ALOT of h/c ls stuff. Including just a simple bolt on ls7 that went 9.0@15x.

Build a 2v then. Do something besides mouf about 2500lb race cars.
Old 08-05-2024, 12:22 PM
10 Second Club

So we have concluded you 2 are just a couple furd nuthuggers that hasn't built anything na that can even keep up with bolt on ls/lt stuff.

Keep running those jaws tho. The more you talk the more erryone sees the less you've actually done.
Old 08-05-2024, 12:23 PM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You really don't know much do you....I'll splain. I didn't know leaning out into the 14:1+ was minor. I also didn't know cutting the run short because of it was optimal. I would take your advice except for it's ******* stupid.
I've seen the exact scenario on the dyno dozens of times, this is personal experience talking:
Does your dyno graph exhibit an observable dip in power that correlates with the lean drift or not?

If the HP and torque curves carry along their natural curve and do not show an obvious dip in power that correlates with the AF lean drift then it is unlikely that the lean out actually hurt your numbers to any significant degree.
It could have even created some minor detonation that the dyno software smooths out to slightly inflated numbers.

So it's simple, does your graph indicate the lean out hurt your final numbers or not?
Do you even know?

Are you also implying you didn't rev your engine high enough to see peak power?

T56 to t56 is very large. T56 to 3650 is large....We've done that . I bet you haven't. Now t56 to that racing 4speed is ginormous.
T56 to T56 is "very large"?
That's amazing

T56 to 3650 is "large"?
T56 to a T5 with OD deleted is "ginormous"?

I love this scientific terminology.

The fact is manual transmissions aren't using fluid pressure to apply clutches or couple converters and 4th is typically a direct drive gear.
There aren't "large" and "ginormous" drivetrain loss variances between typical light duty manual transmissions in isolation.

If you're finding "large" and "ginormous" (whatever that means) power variances from 1 manual transmission to the other you'll likely seeing it in clutch/flywheel/driveshaft variables more so than the transmission itself.

I've personally swapped and dyno'd all of these combinations in 4V Mustangs, including the TKO.
All examples were within statistical noise of each other

They all run lightened polished spools/gears/hollow axles. I've know a couple too.
They actually don't, this is a totally baseless bluff
Just more coping

Cool...Don'trun a sully intake then an yalls miracle build then. From what I've noticed once **** gets serious they're the way to go. Along with high rams or tunnel rams. But you can probably do it with a ow furd intake.....oohh wait you've done nothing yet except run dat mouf.
Didn't run a Sully on the 494rw pump gas 284 and doubt I ever run a Sully unless I'm building a carb combo on a budget.

Since that 4.6 engine in the vid wasn't on pump it did fine on race gas. Just like yalls 494whp didn't make 494 at your claimed 11.25 compression. Which is now up to 11.4.
It's 11.35:1, it's always been 11.35:1
Rounding hard for you?

That 680 was real. He's built lots of ls, bmw and furds. So i assume that dyno would be happy for the furds too eehh.

Now come back when you have something to run besides dat stank breff mouf
It took you like 8 years to make a single dyno session and you still can't make a pass.
WTF are you talking about?

So we have concluded you 2 are just a couple furd nuthuggers that hasn't built anything na that can even keep up with bolt on ls/lt stuff.
Your logic and arguments are trash, the only conclusion reached here is that you're a perpetual goal post mover with no intellectual honesty

Last edited by Ben99GT; 08-05-2024 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-05-2024, 01:29 PM
Teching In

Finally got my old junk tuned. It's running out of fuel so there could be a bit left in it. This was pretty much a baseline. It might pick up a little with a few changes.

Jussa a lil'346
When you go next week to put the car back on the dyno make sure it is SAE smoothing 5, you have a video of said pull, and the weather data/date is displayed clearly with RPM showing.

Otherwise I call BS.

Quick Reply: Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019