Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Spanked an LT1 and he almost went to Jail.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 01:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Spanked an LT1 and he almost went to Jail.

While driving home tonight about 11:00 pm. A loud, very loud 95 Z28 is rev'in and wanting to race. We did a couple of the running punches and then came to a red light. Rev'd to 2000, light turns green and I spin, giving up hole shot, I hooked and then off I go. His car was a little bit of a surprise but still not much of a challenge. Anyway, long story short, a texas hwy patrol happened to be on the opposite side of Hwy 6. He nails us. The cop is all pissed off. I actually was honest and respectful. I feel a little sorry for the driver of the Z. He played a little dumb with the cop and received chewing for it. He was even threatened by the cop as he would be going to jail. As pissed as the cop was, he thanked me for the honesty and respect. Even stated that as many goodies as I have on my car, he was sure I would not want it impounded. (He was right) I've never had a Cop get down on the ground and look under my car, ask me to pop the hood and check out everything. I mean he dug down into the engine compartment. In the process, stated I was legal. Anyway, he wrote me for speeding 75 in a 45. Sent me on my way and I do not know what happened to the other guy. Looks like honesty and respect goes much further than my evil ways of the past. I believe I saw the cop writing the driver of the Z a ticket when I went by, but still not 100% sure.

Last edited by Y2kHawk05; 09-26-2004 at 08:42 AM.
Old 09-26-2004, 02:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you got off. I was racing another T/A down the interstate one night. After we were WOT for about 2 seconds we saw a state trooper parked in the grassy median. Thank God we saw him and hit our brakes and fortunately he was facing the other way. We still flew by him turning at least 4,000 rpm's (LT's and ORYP's). He didn't pursue though.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WS-Sick
Glad you got off. I was racing another T/A down the interstate one night. After we were WOT for about 2 seconds we saw a state trooper parked in the grassy median. Thank God we saw him and hit our brakes and fortunately he was facing the other way. We still flew by him turning at least 4,000 rpm's (LT's and ORYP's). He didn't pursue though.
Thanks and sounds like you were lucky as well. I have no idea how fast I was going. Also, the cop did not indicate racing anywhere on the citation. Maybe the judge will allow for discrectionary defensive driving or deferred adjudication. I have a month to call Judge Yeomann. I am attempting to figure out what (mr) or, 8nr). or 8mn) or something like that in the other conditions section of the ticket. Anyone know?
Old 09-26-2004, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Y2kHawk05
While driving home tonight about 11:00 pm. A loud, very loud 95 Z28 is rev'in and wanting to race. We did a couple of the running punches and then came to a red light. Rev'd to 2000, light turns green and I spin, giving up hole shot, I hooked and then off I go. His car was a little bit of a surprise but still not much of a challenge. Anyway, long story short, a texas hwy patrol happened to be on the opposite side of Hwy 6. He nails us. The cop is all pissed off. I actually was honest and respectful. I feel a little sorry for the driver of the Z. He played a little dumb with the cop and received chewing for it. He was even threatened by the cop as he would be going to jail. As pissed as the cop was, he thanked me for the honesty and respect. Even stated that as many goodies as I have on my car, he was sure I would not want it impounded. (He was right) I've never had a Cop get down on the ground and look under my car, ask me to pop the hood and check out everything. I mean he dug down into the engine compartment. In the process, stated I was legal. Anyway, he wrote me for speeding 75 in a 45. Sent me on my way and I do not know what happened to the other guy. Looks like honesty and respect goes much further than my evil ways of the past. I believe I saw the cop writing the driver of the Z a ticket when I went by, but still not 100% sure.

Wow man you are lucky, around here (VA) 30 over they impound your car and you go to jail, 30 over and racing, set your car on fire and break both your legs........ok ok they dont break your legs, just one leg....the only real time I passed a cop racing was in my chevelle, We were in Central Park, I pulled up next to a CRX... ..he was supposed to be "fast" so when the light turned green we hit it, I spun through the light not really going anywhere, still ahead of him though!! With a 350, headers and dual flowmasters the exhaust absolutely roars when your on it, anyways I blow by the cop, he then turns off a street right before the cop, I watch in my mirror as the blue lights follow.....guess who....HIM!!! It was awesome, he also had a chick with him........ Ok nice kill BTW
Old 09-26-2004, 10:50 PM
Teching In

I had something like that happen to me once. Raced a black ls1 t/a from a light for about a block later saw cops lights coming after us. I was immediately scared shitless and pulled over into a parking lot. However, the t/a made a run for it. The cop turned out to be a young guy (probably like 25) and he was actually pretty cool. He told me he used to race a lot and asked me about my car. He was on the radio with another cop that had caught the t/a further down the road, and he told me that they were impounding his car. He also said that he was glad that I was being so cooperative with him and what not. Then to my amazement he left me off with a warning. He said that as long as I got the hell out of there I would be ok. It is the funniest ticked ever, it says observed vehicle lose traction,race another vehicle, and accelerate to 85mph. I guess if you cooperate and are nice to the cops they can be pretty cool back.
Old 09-26-2004, 11:34 PM
On The Tree

Thanks fellow fast car owners. I still feel very fortunate to not be sitting in jail worrying about my Firehawk. Never will I race without my Valentine 1 plugged in and on the windshield. The radar unit doesn't do much good under the passenger seat. H-Town can be a pain with a lot of false's on the radar and would be the main reason for not using the thing. Not anymore. 30 over the limit is somewhat of a problem as far as getting defensive driving. I hope to catch the Judge on a good day. I really wonder what the cop would have done if I did not have the Hi-flow cats and looked & appeared legal. I am 90% sure the LT1 car was not and the cop more or less heard us. Im thinking the cop was thinking my car was the extremely loud one. It was the LT1. Sounded like Cut outs, heads, cam at least. I only had the time to ask the guy if his car was supercharged and he said no.
Anyway, still feeling lucky to be at home and not in an 8 x 8 secured room.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:46 PM
12 Second Club

Man that honesty thing dont go no were for me i got pulled over the other day for rolling threw a stop sign because i was late for my flite back to Ft Lewis because we were going to be on lock down (deplying to Iraq (Mazuell) on the 5 of oct i told him everything and the bastard still gave me a ticket and wrote me up for having ecesive exuast! WTF?
Old 09-29-2004, 01:08 PM
TECH Addict

In a perfect world, if you were nice to cops they would be nice back. I know very well that isnt always the case. For instance. One time I was driving down to Houston for Business from Dallas. Traffic was jacked on 45 just north of town( as usual). So I hit the grass just as several others around me were doing. I know thats wrong and deserved a ticket for it. Apparently big brother was sitting behind a tree and oberserving all the offenders doing what they do. 2 cars caught me about a mile down the road, flew by me and boxed me in, basically forcing me off the road. I got out with my papers and they basically attacked me. Saying I was running from them because they signaled me off the road earlier. BULLSHIT! I was driving my 4 door truck that has a 4" lift and 35" tires. Probably made things worse when the first guy grabbed me and I pushed him away (these guys were some real super trooper pigs). Moral of the story is that a few cops out there are cool understanding people, most of them are *********, period. Up to this point in my life I havent had an experience with a cop worth posting, for the better anyways. Especially Dallas County Sheriffs.

Lucky you for the break you got

Brandon
Old 09-29-2004, 01:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by xfactor_pitbulls
Probably made things worse when the first guy grabbed me and I pushed him away (these guys were some real super trooper pigs).
Man that would have gotten me in serious trouble!! I tend to react without thinking if someone grabs me, pushes, hits me, etc...
Old 09-29-2004, 11:49 PM
On The Tree

Don't get me wrong, My overall experiences with Cops have been bad and believe me, I've had enough of them. My opinion of cops is they rank at the very bottom. They suck with their better than God attitudes and what not. Most of the time, I would like to challenge them to take off the gun & badge and "fight like a man". Let's see just how bad they really are, but that would be just plain stupid. I got lucky simply because I was calm, honest, and respectful and the other guy wasn't. Also, it helped that my car appeared legal. I fully expect if I had NOX lines running, a bottle or cut outs, my experience would have been completely different. The cop completely looked over my car, inside & out. Couldn't classify as an illegal search as I had my Tops off and he used his flashlight look into the floorboards and dash.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

Hey Y2K, i see that u live in spring, post another time u will go cruisin and maybe ill tag along, i live in magnolia.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ws62001ta
Hey Y2K, i see that u live in spring, post another time u will go cruisin and maybe ill tag along, i live in magnolia.
Cool!
Old 09-30-2004, 05:30 PM
Banned

I did the same thing and was probably pulled over by the same HWY patrol. It was late one night and was comming back from BADZ's house, and had a 6 pack on the floor board, one in the cup holder and one other one missing from earlier. Well I was at Champions forest drive, and a Z28 pulled up and a bike. I was raceing both of them, I pulled up to the next light and looked back behind me and there was the Cop, and the bike comes up doing a stoppie, I was like there is a cop right there. Well he waited for the light to turn green and then the lights came on, well had no were to put the beer so I just left it but covered it up with a towle. Well he smelt beer on me the one that I was drinking, about half full. well I put it under the seat and he found it, got a ticket for 85mph in a 45 and open container. That was some seriouse tickets, but I got an attorney and now on 6 months probation and as long as I don't get any convictions I am fine. Well If I do get one all I have to do is get an attorney to delay it for a while, and then presto I am done.

JET
Old 09-30-2004, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Z06 JET
I did the same thing and was probably pulled over by the same HWY patrol. It was late one night and was comming back from BADZ's house, and had a 6 pack on the floor board, one in the cup holder and one other one missing from earlier. Well I was at Champions forest drive, and a Z28 pulled up and a bike. I was raceing both of them, I pulled up to the next light and looked back behind me and there was the Cop, and the bike comes up doing a stoppie, I was like there is a cop right there. Well he waited for the light to turn green and then the lights came on, well had no were to put the beer so I just left it but covered it up with a towle. Well he smelt beer on me the one that I was drinking, about half full. well I put it under the seat and he found it, got a ticket for 85mph in a 45 and open container. That was some seriouse tickets, but I got an attorney and now on 6 months probation and as long as I don't get any convictions I am fine. Well If I do get one all I have to do is get an attorney to delay it for a while, and then presto I am done.

JET

Which court and who is/was your Judge? Also, the 6 months probation, is it considered deferred adjudication? Also, who is your atty and is he reasonable?
Old 09-30-2004, 08:11 PM
Banned

attorney is Red loftus, or us sprecher, the court was on clay road , so it was the same. If you want I can give you the number to the attorney, you might be able to get out of it all together, just pm me.

JET
Old 10-04-2004, 08:36 PM
TECH Resident

Surprised you dint get a DWI/DUI which ever it maybe....That's all I have to say..:sad:
Old 10-05-2004, 10:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 00TAProject
Surprised you dint get a DWI/DUI which ever it maybe....That's all I have to say..:sad:
Exactly! Never got that lucky anytime alcohol was involved. I believe the cop was looking for any sign of alcohol in my car the night of my race. Luckily, I did not have a single ounce. In college, a friend got his head bounced off the trunk of my car, chipped tooth and we both went to jail that night.