Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Evo vs LS1 Video

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 11:39 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nascar20
You should stick up for them! That's your deal and the Domestics are my deal. Rivalries are healthy in life. But, there has to be a certain level of respect for your opponents. QuikZ06, I didn't intend to flame you. I hope you didn't take it the wrong way. If I had money, I would love to take that evo away from you so I could give my Z28 a well deserved rest!
Dont worry about it, I didnt take it the wrong way BTW...Im selling the Evo and am looking to buy an 04 Cobra

2001Z...Im here because im a huge car enthusiast. I love learning about all kinds of cars. We actually almost bought an SS Camaro before buying the Z06, so I always research my cars before buying something.

Im not trrying to start anything, but I alwayes hear people say 4 bangers sound like ****. I agree some do, but some dont sound that bad. To be honest I hate the way a LT1/LS1 sounds with an exhaust, yeah its loud but it doesnt sound clean to me. We have a B&B exhaust on our Vette and I dont like the way that sounds either, now Mustangs on the other hand i think sound very nice, but thats just me.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
because some people like more than one type fo car..or own more than one type of car. Maybe they want to learn more about diff cars? givin..some of them are trolls, but that is every site..and i'm sure a select few people here also go to other sites to be trolls.

I jsut don't understan the " vid is shown its gonna get bashed no matter what" statement...why should their vid of a (whatever type of car) vs ls1 should automatically get bashed.
The thing on the vid is not that its me its just how many vids of an eveo,srt-4 or whatever beating a ls1 gets bashed before the first hour it is posted . I can care less there is always someone faster .There are some evos and srt-4s that put an *** woppen to my z it doesnt bother me as it does some . There a few here that are cool with fast cars like quik and evil. I do think some come here to start **** just to troll but not many.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:30 PM
12 Second Club

cant stand those cars
Old 10-31-2005, 09:00 PM
Staging Lane

stock to stock the evo loses in the quarter. a stock 98 z28 6m ran 12.89 @ 108 per gm hightech performance. no stock evo will do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! end of story blah blah blah.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Cosmo44
Sorry, can't really say on either since we both do money\street races.
you chicago ******* are all the same. 'im a hardcore street racer, you cant know my mods."

upgraded turbo, injectors, cams, tune, clutch and probably a little more is what it would take to pull a ls1 that just FUCKED YOUR WORLD up out of the hole.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:38 PM
Staging Lane

you guys are being ridiculous.
Admit the EVO is a pretty badass car, and they can be quick as hell.

I like them personally, and I'd drive one any day. I'd take one right away if they weren't so expensive. I got my LS1 for under 13k used.

Nice vid and nice race with two quick cars
Old 11-01-2005, 10:24 AM
12 Second Club

Big wing sounds like pooh colorfull who cares its fast and because of that i have respect! import or not.. its all about performance for me.. if its pink and runs 9's ill drive it i dont care..
Old 11-01-2005, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by (A)SS WHIPER
stock to stock the evo loses in the quarter. a stock 98 z28 6m ran 12.89 @ 108 per gm hightech performance. no stock evo will do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! end of story blah blah blah.

wrong again.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol..so now your gonna go find the fastests time for a ls1 and quote that..i'm sure a lucky driver in ice cold weather can beat that witha evo..but who cars..cause how often do you see stock ls1s running that fast?
Old 11-02-2005, 07:43 AM
Teching In

exactly, cause one guy did it doesnt make it the rule, it's the exception to the rule.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:30 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My mustang sounds like an M3 with a V8. I really dont like it. I am running Mac shorty headers,X-pipe with no cats, Force II flowmaster Cat-back. When it idles it sounds mean, when i get on it, it has that "loose" sound an M3 has, very hard to explain, wonder if anyone can??? Anywho, i saw a 02 GT with a magnaflow glass-pack setup and that sounded the best so far...oh, wait, one LS1 WS6 in houston impressed the hell outa me, but i dont know his setup.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EvilDylan
exactly, cause one guy did it doesnt make it the rule, it's the exception to the rule.
It's not the exception dude. Stock ls1's will run sub 13 and it's not rare. You just need a good driver.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Xtnct00WS6
It's not the exception dude. Stock ls1's will run sub 13 and it's not rare. You just need a good driver.
that is the exception..if it wasn't everyone would have sub 13 seconds in their signatures. the fastest stock time i've heard of was a 98z28 running a 12.89 in 50 degree weather...and only heard of two other cars running in the high 12s stock.

Last edited by BrandonDrecksage; 11-06-2005 at 06:21 PM.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:18 PM
Staging Lane

Default stock to stock? whos faster? hmmmmmm

wrong again.

no your wrong again
I see it done all the time. Pick up the latest issue of GM HIGH-TECH PERFORMANCE, becareful it will burn the rice off your hand, when you open the mag and see a stock 01 SS down to the paper filter run 12.96 on a very hot and humid day. You will have no more reasons to blah about. there is about 4 pages for your ***, that will show you back to back runs on a hot day where the stock f-body puts the smack down on any car in the price range. Oh wait evos are like 33 grand. So the f-body puts the smack down on lots of cars above it's price range. END OF STORY. now you can go cry to daddy that he was right. " daddy oh daddy I should have used your money on an american car like you said to"
Old 11-08-2005, 02:25 PM
Teching In

no your wrong again
I see it done all the time. Pick up the latest issue of GM HIGH-TECH PERFORMANCE, becareful it will burn the rice off your hand, when you open the mag and see a stock 01 SS down to the paper filter run 12.96 on a very hot and humid day. You will have no more reasons to blah about. there is about 4 pages for your ***, that will show you back to back runs on a hot day where the stock f-body puts the smack down on any car in the price range. Oh wait evos are like 33 grand. So the f-body puts the smack down on lots of cars above it's price range. END OF STORY. now you can go cry to daddy that he was right. " daddy oh daddy I should have used your money on an american car like you said to"

dude you're a moron.

stock evos have run in the 12s on more than one occasion.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats all driver and people have to understand that, there are 3 z06 owners that are running 11.7's with stock 02 z06's. They drive and launch the **** out of their cars there will always be an exception to the rule

If you want more info Look Up the user Ranger on Corvetteforum

he's runing 11.52 @120.21 with CAI and Dr's

http://home.comcast.net/~weaver.robe...anger_1155.mpg

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...66&forum_id=49
to check out what they are doing..... again all driver.

Last edited by Juiced; 11-08-2005 at 03:05 PM.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

no your wrong again
well..your wrong...thats an older article from 2000-2001.....that was their test of the 2001 SS. That mag was dedicated to that past 10 years of gmhtp...and they put some of their older articles from the past decade in it. so there are two documented cases of a ls1 running in the 12s stock...12.8x in cold weather and a 12.96 in hot weather.....those are exceptions....because if they weren't..when i go to the track friday for the first time..i should be running 12.7xs then since i have a lid and a catback...but realistically...i'll probably be running mid to low 13s.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:40 PM
Staging Lane

dude you're a moron.

stock evos have run in the 12s on more than one occasion.
fuc Q. no stock 276 flywheel hp evo has ran 12s EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes I raced one when I only had a lid k&N and loud mouth cat back. I could barely see his headlights on the 3-4 shift all the evo driver could say is "Man that thing is rowdy". "I hung on pretty good though"
bring your pile of hell on down and line it up with me then. I have many e hoes and STI's under my belt. My friend even has a turbo upgrade and all bolt ons avalable on his WRX and could not hang racing me N/A.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
well..your wrong...thats an older article from 2000-2001.....that was their test of the 2001 SS. That mag was dedicated to that past 10 years of gmhtp...and they put some of their older articles from the past decade in it. so there are two documented cases of a ls1 running in the 12s stock...12.8x in cold weather and a 12.96 in hot weather.....those are exceptions....because if they weren't..when i go to the track friday for the first time..i should be running 12.7xs then since i have a lid and a catback...but realistically...i'll probably be running mid to low 13s.
So what if its an older article. It is PROOF. 90 degrees with paper air filter proof. and yes you probubly will run mid to low 13s. but if you could get a good run you could run 12's. buy some drag radials and get some 4.10 gears and if you can drive. YOU WILL RUN 12's. The lid and cat back may get you 2-3 tenths, but traction "DR's" and keeping the motor in the power range "4.10s" will get you 5-6 tenths. It's all about the launch and hooking up. You have an 01 SS so you have the Z06 clutch. You should not have the slippage problems like I did stock. Anyway I cant belive an f-body owner would doubt the potential of his car after feeling the seat of the pants power absolutly stock. Dude have some pride.
Buy a power adder and play these imports with a dose of the same medicine. without a turbo, evo's, wrx's would be like a 4 door focus or a 4 door caviler. Put a turbo on your LS1 and see what happens "ricer excuses" I only have a 2.0 liter 4 cylinder. I have half the cylinders, blah blah blah.
I'm not saying evo's and wrx's are crap. I'm saying they are born with and power adder and are just about maxed out. we have lots of potential for more power with out a motor swap or dumping 30 grand in to the car. If you dump 30 grand into an f-body nothing can touch you street car wise. Evilwhats his face claims 12 flat in the quarter. wow look at what your car can run with a turbo. 10's al least I just cant see the reasoning behind compairing LS1 cars to evos It's more like camaro vs. mustang. evo vs. neon srt4 end of long *** story
Old 11-08-2005, 09:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 01 LS1's didn't get the whole ZO6 clutch, just the HD slave cylinder and throwout bearing. It's a little sturdier, but I don't think it has any more clamping force.