Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Me vs. Cammed Sprayed 302

Old 08-08-2005, 12:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Me vs. Cammed Sprayed 302

So yesterday I'm cruising along and I spot a black mustang in my rearview. He seems to be moving pretty well, but I make my normal assumation that its either: a v6, or a v8 with a driver who cant spell "street race". The car came on by and had a notable exhaust system, a 302 badge (94/95 stang), and some "appearance" mods (hood, body kit). Kid driving looks like isnt a day over 16, so I count this race out.

We continue driving for a few miles, and finally get into a clearer section of road and he begins to initiate a little battle revving up and such. I play along and continue to follow him down the road. We eventually hit a red light, and to my surprise he gets out of his car. He then pops his trunk and turns his bottle on. He never glances over at me but before he gets back in he taps the roof of the car (nice ). I laugh and think to myself that I should roll the window down and ask him if he'll be able to keep up now But I resist the urge (mostly because I didnt want to get my *** beat by 3 teenagers) and wait for the light. It eventually turns green and we move forward to an open section of road. I continually downshifted and wait on him to move, and he never does. Each time I kick it he waits until my upshift and then comes by. I could only assume he wasnt smart enough to understand the concept of go at the same time, so I rolled my window down and motioned for him to go. He looked at me a little stupified, but eventually hit the throttle. We were both doing about 70, so I went to third and immediately pulled beside and passed him. I let off the throttle and got back in a few times just to play around He never looked back over and went on about his business
Old 08-08-2005, 12:56 PM
12 Second Club

good kill, how do u know it was camed?
Old 08-08-2005, 01:12 PM
TECH Regular

uh, cams are kinda obvious when yer sitting next to a car at the light going lopety lopety lope...
Old 08-08-2005, 01:18 PM
TECH Resident

Heard it cammin at the stoplight.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:23 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Thats a beautiful thing man. I had a Paxton induced GT do the same thing to me, only go when I was letting off.....moron. He got killed. I got in front of him, he hit it to go around me then I ripped past him.........Congrats man
Old 08-08-2005, 04:38 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
uh, cams are kinda obvious when yer sitting next to a car at the light going lopety lopety lope...
uh, he didn't say he heard it lopeing, he said he heard a noticable exhaust system
Old 08-08-2005, 06:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
AHAHHAHAAHAH that is the BEST quote ever. Hahahahhahaahahah I am crackin' the hell up, dude.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:41 AM
11 Second Club

Newsflash.. this guy was going.. he was just so slow you thought he wasn't.

Josh
Old 08-09-2005, 10:19 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by distortion_69
Newsflash.. this guy was going.. he was just so slow you thought he wasn't.

Josh

Search this Thread