Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

the black00ta takes out the 99-01 cobra

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 12:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default the black00ta takes out the 99-01 cobra

first i wanna say i havent gotten to run the beast in a WHILE so this was pretty exciting for me...
im driving down the highway with light traffic and i see the mustang with cobra bumper commin up on me pretty quick and get next to me.

car is a 99-01 green coupe with gold cobra wheels, definitly lowered, most likely had headers aswell.

anyway we get off the off-ramp and turn to a 4 lane open road with a stoplight right off the highway, hes revvin and jumpin like he wants to go.

so i get ready and give him a rev... light goes green.

top of first he was at my rear bumper.
by the top of 4th he was bout 3 cars back......smoked..

so he pulls up next to me rolls down the window and says, that wasent even a contest.

i just look at him and shrug.... he revs it up mid drive and dumps the clutch and gets all squirly and takes off.....peace out.

ty for reading my unorganized blurb.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

good deal....

nice kill.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:54 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good kill. Bet it was a good feeling.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

those cars are no contest ,..for an f-body.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice kill, but there's one think I don't get.

How from looking at the gold wheels and the lowered suspension could you tell he had headers

Originally Posted by black00TA
car is a 99-01 green coupe with gold cobra wheels, definitly lowered, most likely had headers aswell.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice kill, and i think he said that it had gold wheels, lowered suspension, and most likely headers as well my guess is probably from the tone of the exhaust. I dont think he meant he assumed it from the gold wheels and lowered suspension, at least thats what i got out of it. Also yea I had a quick run with an 99-01 cobra. I rolled up and the guy was reving the **** out of his car at everyone and I wasnt sure if I heard the whine or not thinking it was an 03-04 cobra (it was dark out). So i get next to him and he does it to me and I hear NO blower whine and was pumped as i knwo id get pulled by an 03/04 cobra. From a 20 roll to about 70 mph had him by a 1.5-2 cars and def would have kept pulling. Real nice looking mustang though, very clean. Guys was cool too, gave the thumbs up.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:58 PM
Teching In

im driving down the highway with light traffic and i see the mustang with cobra bumper commin up on me pretty quick and get next to me.
If he was coming up on you, by which I take it to mean coming from behind you, how could you see his bumper? Was he driving backwards? Down a highway! Man that guys got some skills! lol
Old 02-02-2006, 02:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 6SpeedWS6Formula
If he was coming up on you, by which I take it to mean coming from behind you, how could you see his bumper? Was he driving backwards? Down a highway! Man that guys got some skills! lol

Most likely the front bumper is what he ment jeev's.

Cobra's have ROUND fog lamps in there front BUMPER. Cars do have front bumpers, ya know.

Old 02-02-2006, 02:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a question.. and it might be a bit off topic... but how does one of those cobras compare with the mach1s?i heard they are exactly the same... anybody know? good kill btw... ive been tryin to race one for a while, but whenever i see one... it turns out to just be a GT with emblems.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by UnZFeat'd
i have a question.. and it might be a bit off topic... but how does one of those cobras compare with the mach1s?i heard they are exactly the same... anybody know? good kill btw... ive been tryin to race one for a while, but whenever i see one... it turns out to just be a GT with emblems.

"I" think the mach 1 is faster but...they're both slow as far as LS'1's go.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mach I is def faster than the 99-01 cobras, even after the "engine" fix. Ive actually experienced first hand that properly driven mach I's are on par with stock f-bodies.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
"I" think the mach 1 is faster but...they're both slow as far as LS'1's go.
Incorrect. The Mach 1 driven well is a tough matchup for a LS1 F-Bod. The only advantage the F-BOD has is on top end. At the dragstrip stock for stock a well driven Mach 1 is capable of winning everytime over a F-Bod because they launch so well.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:24 PM
Teching In

well the mach 1 is prety much the same thing as a cobra 4.6 dohc its just a03 cobra less the blower an insted of a 6 speed its a 5 but mustangs are a bit tricky to learn to launch right if it isnt right on your gona bog or spin like hell it took me a while to learn to launch mine right but now the clutch is fucked all to hell so it dosnt matter right now (4.10 gears,nitto DRs an stock clutch dont match) ohh well **** happenes
Old 02-04-2006, 05:56 PM
TECH Resident

sorry it took so long to respond.. i thought it had headers by the sound, (had lots of friends with Gt's and cobras with headers)

yes i saw his cobra FRONT bumper. =]

and the mach 1 is esentially the same thing except with an iron block and solid rear-axle
Old 02-04-2006, 09:58 PM
Teching In

Nice kill.
Mach 1 has forged crank, '03/04 cobra heads, 10:1 comp., and 3.55 grears vice the 3.23's (I think) in the cobra.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

nice kill....
Old 02-05-2006, 05:04 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Socalmach
Nice kill.
Mach 1 has forged crank, '03/04 cobra heads, 10:1 comp., and 3.55 grears vice the 3.23's (I think) in the cobra.
Actually the manual Mach 1's only had the forged crank i believe, the auto ones had a cast crank atleast this is what i've read pretty stupid if it's true.

Good kill
Had a friend message me today on my phone say he whooped on a 99-01 cobra the guy was lying through his teeth said he made 400rwhp with it that's funny you just got walked by a stock 00 TA lol i'd be pretty upset about that.

I remember a modded 99 cobra thought he wanted a piece of my 5.0 back before i had the blower, that was his unlucky day i happened to have a fresh heated bottle of spray in the hatch as my passanger. Don't know the extent of his mods though when he caught up he just had a dumbfounded look on his face i saw the car for sale a few weeks later lol maybe he had just been beaten to many times
Old 02-05-2006, 08:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TORNATIC!!
Incorrect. The Mach 1 driven well is a tough matchup for a LS1 F-Bod. The only advantage the F-BOD has is on top end. At the dragstrip stock for stock a well driven Mach 1 is capable of winning everytime over a F-Bod because they launch so well.

Well, to each his own. I don't see mach 1's beating F-bodies at the track here in florida,..and i'm usually there EVERY WEEK.

slow.

"f-body has it on top end"
Doesn't just about EVERYCAR own a mustang on top end?
Old 02-05-2006, 11:30 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

sorry it took so long to respond.. i thought it had headers by the sound, (had lots of friends with Gt's and cobras with headers)

yes i saw his cobra FRONT bumper. =]

and the mach 1 is esentially the same thing except with an iron block and solid rear-axle
Dude you don't know your cars very good do you... The Mach1 has an Aluminum block, better flowing heads, and has different cams the produce more low end torque.. It has the same heads and cams as the 03-04 cobra has.. You might want to learn your cars...
Old 02-05-2006, 03:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dan03mach
Dude you don't know your cars very good do you... The Mach1 has an Aluminum block, better flowing heads, and has different cams the produce more low end torque.. It has the same heads and cams as the 03-04 cobra has.. You might want to learn your cars...
yeah i guess i should get gooder on my cars..

just because i preffer to keep things simple doesent make me a moron. and yes i do know plenty about cars. i could blurt out facts all day on LS1's that would make your head spin, maybe you should wonder back over to your ford forum if thats all you had to say.

now the facts you spouted to me are essentially the same differences found in 98/00 - 01-02 but an LS1 is LS1 where your 4v 4.6 shares so much with the version released in 96... has had the typical improvement over time that would be expected

better flowing heads, low end torque cam. and little crap here and there.

if we preffer to get caught up on details of the such, that wasent the purpose of this post.

i had read somewhere maybe, C&D that the mach1 got the iron block version straight from the maurader.

MAYBE i was incorrect. so shoot me ford boy.