Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Smoked a ricer in the Powerstroke!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smoked a ricer in the Powerstroke!

It was a great day today. Went to a town about an hour away today to pick up some medical records and when I was walking out of the hospital I saw this gay *** import that sounded like *** so I got in the Powerstroke (winter truck) and jumped in behind him. We get up to a light and both turn right and he takes off like a bat out of hell so I just take it easy because the next light was starting to turn so I just pull up beside him and shake my head and laugh. It was an older hatchback Jetta with dual **** cans, some ugly rims, a dual gauge pod and a gauge on the dash, and had a german plate on front of the car. I never back down from a ricer so I start to mess with him. At first he wouldn't race me, I took of at the same speed as him and then gave it just a bit more than he had and just kept messin with him. At the next light he finally took the bait so the light turned green and I took off a little faster than him and then from a roll I heard him downshift so I punched it and just walked off from him. We ran to about 50 and then I left off and he did a ricer flyby. I had him by about a truck length when I let off so when he flew by I pointed and laughed at him. I kept screwing with him all through town (about 5 miles) and he wouldn't even look at me, then he just turned off. The powerstroke is even a crew cab and has a camper shell on it so even more weight. It's got a 80hp superchips tune, K&N CAI and a 4" stainless exhaust but it weighs about 8 ton and isn't very fast, I've been beat by some ricers before but I've beat my fair share and I just laugh at them when I do. I thought with the gauges he could've at least had nitrous or a turbo but apparently not, I figured I'd either get my *** handed to me or not do to bad and this was a time the powerstroke came through. Nothing better to me than beating the ricer dudes.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:39 PM
On The Tree

good kill, i used to love doing that to ricers in my old pickup..
Old 02-16-2006, 01:17 AM
Staging Lane

i do this crap all the time in my chevy suburban (5.3L 2002). There are alot of POS ricer civics and crap like that around here... i love the look on there face when they get smacked around by a stock SUV. I usually end up getting passed around 65mph, but its still fun as hell.... nice kill
Old 02-16-2006, 08:37 AM
On The Tree

Is this a 7.3 powerstroke or a 6.0. Ive heard the 6.0s feel gutless compared to the 7.3s but they make more power and tq. Maybe they have to be revved higher. Ive raced my share of rice with my diesel and so far I havent raced one faster so you know its hardcore rice if they cant touch a mildly modded diesel.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:31 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my mom saw an F150 beat a little rice car once when we were riding in my Trans Am, she laughed her *** off. Good kill. The 7.3 has more "feel" than the 6.0 (I used to sell them) on the bottom end the 6.0 is DEAD until boost hits, the 7.3 isnt so bad.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

Haha nice kill! I've had similar races in my dad's 6.8 V-10 Ford Excursion. Most recently I pulled a late 90s-ish VW golf (i think?) from 10 to about 70. Bone stock Excursion, 125k miles, truck tires, weighs 8000 pounds. I by no steach of the imagination feel that the truck is "fast." Just shows how damned slow some cars really are that they lose to SUVs and diesel trucks!
Old 02-16-2006, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

So he didn't do anything to provoke you? You baited him in and beat him and proceeded to make fun of him? Funny but assholish.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:54 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not really, i just think its funny, having a muffler the size of a coffee can on both sides of the car is an open invitation
Old 02-16-2006, 10:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Stanger88
Not really, i just think its funny, having a muffler the size of a coffee can on both sides of the car is an open invitation
That's what was running through my mind. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who races ricers in a truck . It's a 7.3 and is by no means fast but I will still race any ricer out there in it. He's lucky I didn't have the WS6 out or I would have smashed his *** but it was actually even funnier in a slow *** Powerstroke. The combonation of dual cans, three gauges and looking like a *** was just too much for me.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:39 PM
Launching!

If your Powerstroke is like mine,if you can't beat him,you can run over his *** at the next light.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

wth is with the german liscence plate?
A kid at my school has that, seems stupid to have 2 plates on the front for no reason. Looks aweful too.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:27 AM
TECH Resident

Yea, that's the good thing about setting in that monster is that I can run their *** over if I need to . After I drive my car and then set in the thing it feels like I'm setting in a semi. When I pulled up next to the kid I couldn't even see him at the first light because he sat below the bottom of the window. I don't know what it is with the German plates. I didn't even notice it until I got ahead of him later on in town, I think it looks retarted .
Old 02-18-2006, 02:35 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Damn this thread if funny.. I wish I was there.. Kind of reminds me of the time when this F&F looking Eclipes tried to race me in my Mach1.. Hell he wasn't even turbo and though he could whoop me.. I let him take off, buring out and what not, while I just got into the gas a little to stay up with him.. Well we come up to another light and he's talking crap saying he beat me well so this time we take off and I'm ahead of him letting in and out of the gas in 2nd gear while he is full throttle with my hand out the window waving at him to come on and when he catches up I go WOT and take off on him then let out of the gas some and put my hand back out the window again and wave at him to come on.. It was funny as hell I was laughing my *** off the whole time.. My g/f thought it was pretty funny too. She doesn't like ricers anymore then I do..
Old 02-18-2006, 10:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MountainMotor
That's what was running through my mind. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who races ricers in a truck . It's a 7.3 and is by no means fast but I will still race any ricer out there in it. He's lucky I didn't have the WS6 out or I would have smashed his *** but it was actually even funnier in a slow *** Powerstroke. The combonation of dual cans, three gauges and looking like a *** was just too much for me.
Your not the only one racing in a big truck. I race mine all the time, if you ever feel the need for more power pm me i'll set ya up. Best part is when you race camaros, firebirds, transams, mustangs, hemi's and beat'em in a 7000+lb 4x4
Old 02-19-2006, 12:54 PM
Banned

Default Awesome!

Yeah, thats pretty badass. I have a 1992 Mazda B2600i x cab, and there is a new Lancer (not an Evo) that tried to mess with me one night, got on the frontage road and walked him from about a 20mph up to 70 about a car length. My truck is slow as ****, but I got the shifting skills down. If anyone has ever driven these trucks, they shift like butta! Anyway, good kill mayne! Wish I would have had the SS then when he tried to mess, RAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPEEEE!

Blake
Old 02-19-2006, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Truck racing is fun. The other day my dad came home with advice for my brother who wants to buy an 01-04 Mustang GT, he said- "don't they're slow as hell" and proceeded to tell us how he killed a boy racer in one with his chipped LLY Duramax. He doesn't even have it on the max setting but it still has about 360 bhp and 650ish torque at the flywheel. It's got an impressive powerband, so my dad loves roll racing ricers and the like.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:01 AM
TECH Resident

I love it, you guys act just like I do. Dan, yea it was great to be there. I love toying with people in my WS6. I don't provoke very many people but sometimes I just can't help myself . Sounds like you had some fun in your destroying of the imports too! Powerstroked, if I ever decide to do anything else to it I'll look ya up. Blake, sounds like you had a nice kill there too. You would have slaughtered him in the SS but you can really laugh at him when you beat him in a '92 Mazda truck. Mpe, yea I've never been too impressed with the GT's performance. When I can give them a run in this truck that's not impressive to me. Your dad likes racing ricers, that's some funny ****!