Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Just raced a fast EVO8

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MillaTK
stock for stock they are a good match for an LS1 in the 1/4 mile.

Since you've been around here probably longer than anyone else, and probably have the most posts, I hope to god you drive an LS1 of some form. Do you?
Old 03-16-2006, 09:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm sick and tired of all the stupid ricers on here lately. The ricer/import scene had a chance to build whatever the **** they wanted and go against a transam on national TV (pinks). This was each sides chance to show how they represented themselves. Nothing but excuses, bitching, and complaining from the ricers. Boy that was a tough one to see coming.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5

Since you've been around here probably longer than anyone else, and probably have the most posts, I hope to god you drive an LS1 of some form. Do you?
Unfortunately I dont... I guess you can call me a bench racer. Though, I've been around here long enough to have read so many threads and heard first person accounts and experiences to know that with capable drivers STi's have posted very similar ET's as a stock LS1 f-body. Trap speed is another issue. I am a poor college student and hopefully a future LS1 owner, but I don't see why it matters all that much.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

this **** is getting lame guys just let it go guys
Old 03-16-2006, 11:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GMmexican
this **** is getting lame guys just let it go guys
There are several of these threads that are way out of hand. Thing everyone has to realize is that you cant be narrow minded when it comes to cars. There will always be something faster whether its a LS1, Evo, or Honda. Hell, Ive seen a twin engine Hyundai Tiburon that absolutely mopped up at the street races and Ive also seen a Camaro with gold wires, hydralics, neon, and a big *** Supra style wing.

Thing is we all love the cars we have and we should all respect each other as car enthusiasts. A 10 sec 1/4mile is a 10sec 1/4mile whether it is ran by an import or domestic.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:30 AM
TECH Regular

I'm sick and tired of all the stupid ricers on here lately. The ricer/import scene had a chance to build whatever the **** they wanted and go against a transam on national TV (pinks). This was each sides chance to show how they represented themselves. Nothing but excuses, bitching, and complaining from the ricers. Boy that was a tough one to see coming.

Lol, talk about stereotyping!! That guy in that Civic couldnt drive for ****, you see him takling off? WTF I take off harder from green lights normal driving than he was Believe me there are plenty of imports out there that could tear that TA up, so its not really right for you to say that guy was representing "all" imports. Oh and I dont drive/own an LS1 either
Old 03-17-2006, 06:25 AM
TECH Resident

what else are we supposed to expect man...... .......
Old 03-17-2006, 06:30 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MillaTK
Unfortunately I dont... I guess you can call me a bench racer. Though, I've been around here long enough to have read so many threads and heard first person accounts and experiences to know that with capable drivers STi's have posted very similar ET's as a stock LS1 f-body. Trap speed is another issue. I am a poor college student and hopefully a future LS1 owner, but I don't see why it matters all that much.
understandable.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
Lol, man this stuff is too funny. Ok my Evo has downpipe, test pipe (no cat) catback, ecu reflash 21-22 psi (8k redline) 269 cams, 12# flywheel, carbon/kevlar clutch, valvesprings/retainers, drop in k&n filter and a few other misc things. It should be somewhere around 350+ hp. As for what it traps who knows, but a guy with similar mods as mine (from the same tuner) ran an 11.8 and I have beat several mid to low 12 sec cars so take that for what its worth. My whole freakin point is, Evos are not slow form a roll. Look for my thread im posting here pretty soon vs an 03/04 Cobra
Okay, so you are making "350+HP" at the crank. Considering an LS1 comes stock from the factory with about that much, you aren't impressing anybody. Not only that, but when you factor in AWD drivetrain loss, you are only putting down between 280-300HP at the wheels. The reason you can run an 11.8 is because of the AWD launch, not because of the amount of power you are pushing.

And my "whole freaking point" is that Evos and STi's are slow from a roll compared to any RWD vehicle of similar power. By the way, what is your trap speed?? Thats a good indicator of how fast your car actually is.

I'm looking forward to reading about you getting ripped by an 03-04 Mustang Cobra. Race him from a roll, and come back and tell us how many buslengths he put on you

Originally Posted by Electric
Seriously bro, just dont talk about stuff you dont know. Have you owned a 500whp 2.0? Do you know someone who has one? Do you know anything about those cars? No, you dont.

A 500whp EVO is more than streetable. Havent you seen the vids of the 638awhp EVO that was running around the streets kicking peoples ***? Yeah that wasnt too streetable right?
Hey buddy, first of all I'm not your "bro", and second of all don't be telling me what I do and don't know or understand. I've never owned a "2.0 engine with 500WHP", nor do I want to, because it would sound like **** and be turbo lag city. Theres no possible way you can make that kind of power on a small engine like that without pushing ridiculous amounts of boost, and of course to push high amounts of boost you need a big turbo. Big turbos take longer to spool, and combined with the small size of the engine, would make the car a miserable street vehicle.

You just keep living in ricer land where "638WHP Evos" runs the streets and kick everyone ***, I'll stay here in the real world thanks very much
Old 03-17-2006, 02:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
Hey buddy, first of all I'm not your "bro", and second of all don't be telling me what I do and don't know or understand. I've never owned a "2.0 engine with 500WHP", nor do I want to, because it would sound like **** and be turbo lag city. Theres no possible way you can make that kind of power on a small engine like that without pushing ridiculous amounts of boost, and of course to push high amounts of boost you need a big turbo. Big turbos take longer to spool, and combined with the small size of the engine, would make the car a miserable street vehicle.
haaahahahahahaha...

I wasnt aware that 23 psi was a rediculous amount of boost. Lag wasnt an issue either, with boost starting at 3k rpms and full boost by 4k. I shift at 8500 to 9k rpms.

Sounds like ****? Well, thats relative.

BTW - I launch at 6.5k rpms. Turbo lag what? While cruising, if you need the turbo DOWNSHIFT. Then again, you've never owned one of these cars, how the **** would your redneck *** know?

You wouldnt.

I'm looking forward to reading about you getting ripped by an 03-04 Mustang Cobra. Race him from a roll, and come back and tell us how many buslengths he put on you
Quit watching NASCAR and try actually drag racing. When John Force starts the quarter from a roll, I'll start roll racing. STFU ******.

Drive through, please dont come again.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:59 PM
TECH Regular

Wesman...Maybe you should read before you open your mouth. The thread is posted up go read it, the Cobra couldnt catch me and he tried several times to do a fly bys and couldnt get passed me. Ive seen several guys with less mods than me trapping 115 so im pretty sure I trap at least that. You need to stop assuming crap. I have wasted plenty of V8's from a roll. This weekend I'll have video up of my Evo vs my Z06 from a roll and then we'll see if you still think Evo's cant hang with an LS1 from a roll.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XakEp
haaahahahahahaha...

I wasnt aware that 23 psi was a rediculous amount of boost. Lag wasnt an issue either, with boost starting at 3k rpms and full boost by 4k. I shift at 8500 to 9k rpms.
Sounds like ****? Well, thats relative.
BTW - I launch at 6.5k rpms. Turbo lag what? While cruising, if you need the turbo DOWNSHIFT. Then again, you've never owned one of these cars, how the **** would your redneck *** know?
You wouldnt.
Quit watching NASCAR and try actually drag racing. When John Force starts the quarter from a roll, I'll start roll racing. STFU ******.
Drive through, please dont come again.
Looks like Mr. Riceboy Troll with zero posts is back for another round

I never specifically said that 23PSI was a "ridiculous amount of boost", however its not exactly light boost either. You say theres no turbo lag?? Are you stupid?? You even said yourself that boost doesn't come on until after 3K, therefore below that RPM there is going to be turbo lag. Get a clue.

Its also great how you call me a "redneck" because I prefer a V8 over a torqueless turbo-lagging 4 banger. I suppose that makes a lot of the people on this forum "rednecks" then. If you don't like it, then get the **** out with all your ricer ****. Don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out retard.

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
]Wesman...Maybe you should read before you open your mouth. The thread is posted up go read it, the Cobra couldnt catch me and he tried several times to do a fly bys and couldnt get passed me. Ive seen several guys with less mods than me trapping 115 so im pretty sure I trap at least that. You need to stop assuming crap. I have wasted plenty of V8's from a roll. This weekend I'll have video up of my Evo vs my Z06 from a roll and then we'll see if you still think Evo's cant hang with an LS1 from a roll.
Wow, I'm really impressed at your made up story. Use some common sense: How the hell do you figure that you're going to beat a car making 380+RWHP from a roll with your 300WHP Evo?? Obviously something is wrong with your story. I've personally seen a 2004 Mustang Cobra with nothing but a pulley put buslenghts on a modded Evo from a 40MPH roll.

I love the ricer statement at the end too, "we'll see if you still think that Evos can't hang with an LS1 from a roll". Evos don't hang with LS1's from a roll, were talking stock for stock and mod for mod here, not a modded out Evo vs. a stock LS1
Old 03-18-2006, 02:18 PM
Launching!

Its worthless people. Anyone even implying that anything can compete with the LS1 puts these types into a logic-less frenzy.

You cant argue with a tree. And thats about how futile this is given relative intelegence levels.

Besides, its obvious that your car is a POS if it cant compete with an LS1 from a roll bone stock. The traction, handling, braking, setup, and steering feel of the LS1 and others is completely irrelevant. What really matters is roll racing on the highway with 17 year olds. Thats why all the best names in motor sport and the best talent in the world are all about roll racing........

Your all a bunch of ricers who just dont understand what determines how fast your car REALLY is.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:32 PM
Banned

Looks like Mr. Riceboy Troll with zero posts is back for another round

I never specifically said that 23PSI was a "ridiculous amount of boost", however its not exactly light boost either. You say theres no turbo lag?? Are you stupid?? You even said yourself that boost doesn't come on until after 3K, therefore below that RPM there is going to be turbo lag. Get a clue.

Its also great how you call me a "redneck" because I prefer a V8 over a torqueless turbo-lagging 4 banger. I suppose that makes a lot of the people on this forum "rednecks" then. If you don't like it, then get the **** out with all your ricer ****. Don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out retard.
23 psi is light boost for a DSM. I was doing that with a stock block/tranny. Again, seeing as you've never owned one you have again proved you know fuckall. I've now got a built setup and run 35+ psi. THAT is heavy boost.

3k rpms for boost? You do realize that takes me all of less than a half second to get there right? I launch at 6250 rpms - I've never had to worry about turbo lag. Turbo lag is a myth made up by V8 owners who know shitall and people that dont know how to drive. My best 0-60 is 2.9 seconds. Again, how much do you think turbo lag effects me? Answer, it doesnt. STFU.

BTW - My car puts down 500 lbs/torque. 4g64 bottom ends are great. You still havent said what your car makes, but I'm beginning to suspect that you dont have **** to bring to this table.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:15 AM
TECH Regular

Wes your a freakin moron put down your crack pipe and cut your mullet already...Lol, I laugh at people like you. I have no need to make up stories, I wish that guy with the Cobra would post on here you dumb ***. Again, I will get vids of my Evo vs our Z06 unless you think a Z06 is slow and cant compete with an LS1 Hahaha you have to realize "your" being called a redneck because of your stupid ricer remarks. If anyone with an LS1 in Central CA wants to run me from a dig or roll, Im down to run we can get it on vid, I have no problems running my slow Evo...

Lol, he ever answer the question about what he drives or what kind of times his magical car runs? Probably driving a V6 Camaro, and get picked on by "ricers" he cant beat.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:29 AM
Staging Lane

Okay, so you are making "350+HP" at the crank. Considering an LS1 comes stock from the factory with about that much, you aren't impressing anybody. Not only that, but when you factor in AWD drivetrain loss, you are only putting down between 280-300HP at the wheels. The reason you can run an 11.8 is because of the AWD launch, not because of the amount of power you are pushing.

And my "whole freaking point" is that Evos and STi's are slow from a roll compared to any RWD vehicle of similar power. By the way, what is your trap speed?? Thats a good indicator of how fast your car actually is.
A cammed Evo with his mods would be putting down 340-350awhp, not crank, so that would be about 410-420 crank hp.

Also your comment about being slow from a roll is alittle to vague. You have to consider weight, gearing, and powerband. Yes, if you take 2 cars that are identical in everyway except one is RWD or FWD and the other is AWD the AWD will be slower from a roll, all other things being equal. Thing is you will never find 2 identical cars with different drive layouts so your comment is irrelevant.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Enough already. LSX guys need to accept that an EVO is a very worthy opponent. I realized this until I finally raced a buddy of mine in a modded EVO on the highway and the street. You think that the AMS EVO is just a freak of occurance. A car with 900 HP is definetely a respectable car.
Old 03-19-2006, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

just wondering can you fit an LS1 into an evo? hehe
Old 03-19-2006, 01:51 PM
Teching In

You just keep living in ricer land where "638WHP Evos" runs the streets and kick everyone ***, I'll stay here in the real world thanks very much
Umm well apparently someone should tell you what you dont know because you dont know jack **** when it comes to imports as youve just exemplified in your post. Turbo lag city I must admit, that was funny.

What do you consider ridiculous amounts of boost? The EVOs run 20psi STOCK and the stock block can handle much more, and if its built, it can be really crazy (40psi+)

I find it quite comical youre talking about turbo lag and streetable cars when you've probably never even driven or know anyone or anything about a small displacement Turbo'd car. There are numerous daily driven GT30-35R EVOs running around with 450-500whp. The spool is hardly an issue. The redline with those are in the neighborhood of 8000, some 8500 which makes for a very long powerband as well. This isnt a turbo spooling at 4000 then shifting at 6500. Its not an LS1.

Ricer land? Where I live there its a pretty even split of domestics and imports and pretty much everyone hangs out together, a lot of my friends have LS1s and Mustangs, etc. I was using the "638awhp EVO" as an example of "streetable" because I would assume youve seen some videos of that car since they are floating everywhere around on the internet. If you havent, maybe you should check it out so you can get your head out of your *** and stop being so ignorant.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:37 PM
TECH Regular

Why isnt this thread locked already?

Quick Reply: Just raced a fast EVO8