Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Just raced a fast EVO8

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 11:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some people are stupied as **** on here, lock this thread please.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
Wes your a freakin moron put down your crack pipe and cut your mullet already...Lol, I laugh at people like you. I have no need to make up stories, I wish that guy with the Cobra would post on here you dumb ***. Again, I will get vids of my Evo vs our Z06 unless you think a Z06 is slow and cant compete with an LS1 Hahaha you have to realize "your" being called a redneck because of your stupid ricer remarks. If anyone with an LS1 in Central CA wants to run me from a dig or roll, Im down to run we can get it on vid, I have no problems running my slow Evo...

Lol, he ever answer the question about what he drives or what kind of times his magical car runs? Probably driving a V6 Camaro, and get picked on by "ricers" he cant beat.
Wow, it really helps your arguement when you start off your post by calling names, acting like a child, and stereotyping LS1 owners.

I couldn't give less of a rats *** about your stories, nor do I care that a person in a factory riced-out 4 door family sedan with a 4 cylinder and a huge *** wing on the back is "laughing" at "people like me". Get a clue, look at the car you are driving

Umm well apparently someone should tell you what you dont know because you dont know jack **** when it comes to imports as youve just exemplified in your post. Turbo lag city I must admit, that was funny.

What do you consider ridiculous amounts of boost? The EVOs run 20psi STOCK and the stock block can handle much more, and if its built, it can be really crazy (40psi+)

I find it quite comical youre talking about turbo lag and streetable cars when you've probably never even driven or know anyone or anything about a small displacement Turbo'd car. There are numerous daily driven GT30-35R EVOs running around with 450-500whp. The spool is hardly an issue. The redline with those are in the neighborhood of 8000, some 8500 which makes for a very long powerband as well. This isnt a turbo spooling at 4000 then shifting at 6500. Its not an LS1.

Ricer land? Where I live there its a pretty even split of domestics and imports and pretty much everyone hangs out together, a lot of my friends have LS1s and Mustangs, etc. I was using the "638awhp EVO" as an example of "streetable" because I would assume youve seen some videos of that car since they are floating everywhere around on the internet. If you havent, maybe you should check it out so you can get your head out of your *** and stop being so ignorant.
Whats that you be sayin' dawg?? I done know jack **** 'bout imports son??

The only comical thing here is how you assume I don't know anything about boosted 4 bangers just because I prefer V8s. I know a good deal about them and have ridden in plenty examples, and I can't say I've ever actually been greatly impressed. What good is all that power on the street when you can't drive through town without stalling or bogging due to lack of torque and tons of turbo lag?? Sorry but thats just plain useless to me.

I also love haw you claim turbo lag isn't an issue. Have you ever driven anything with a V8?? How can you say it doesn't lack low end power when there's no boost from idle to 3,000+RPM and your running a small 4 banger with low compression and a big turbo?? You obviously don't have a clue what you're trying to compare to
Old 03-20-2006, 12:01 AM
TECH Junkie

How old are you people agian, lock the thread somone.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has anyone ever won an import vs. domestic argument? its not like you hand a guy so many facts and insults until he finally says "yes your right, im going to sell my civic and become a hot rodder".......or vice versa
Old 03-20-2006, 02:44 AM
TECH Regular

Haha, yeah look at what im driving Wes...I have an Evo and a Z06 what is it you drive again? Where was I stereotyping LS1 owners? Damn dude wake up. I refered to "redneck" because someone brought it up, hahaha. im not stereotyping anyone just you. I have a lot of respect for just about any car on the road unlike you. I have had plenty of cars domestic and import and will most likely get the new Camaro when it comes out (always liked the older 67-68's) But that is if I dont see any other imports come out that I really like, you knows I may get the Skyline if it comes out.

What I find funny about your whole arguement is your acting like we dont know what were talking about, hmm, let me see how can I compare a V8 to a 4 banger, well my first guess would be because I own both and drive them daily. Yeah theres turbo lag, but is it an issue NO if im gonna race a V8 you think im gonna take off at idle? Is that how you race? How do you bog a car just because it has turbo lag? Do you know what your talking about? Ive had a GT35R on an MR2 and yeah it lags, but no way in hell your gonna bog driving around town. I could see if you had some weird clutch in there making driving hard but a turbo doesnt do that. So yeah, sorry man, but Ive been there and done that, so dont act like Mr. Know it all when obviously you know nothing about turbo cars.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:07 AM
TECH Resident

Hey, this is good garbage to read at work. Don't close the thread, let's keep up the insults.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
I also love haw you claim turbo lag isn't an issue. Have you ever driven anything with a V8?? How can you say it doesn't lack low end power when there's no boost from idle to 3,000+RPM and your running a small 4 banger with low compression and a big turbo?? You obviously don't have a clue what you're trying to compare to
First car was a 1971 Impalla. I've owned several V8s since then, and currently own a 1973 Duster with a not so stock 318 under the hood and a Dana-60 in the rear.

I know what both cars can do, and enjoy each of them for what they are. The Duster for down low torque from hell, and the DSM for ripping through turns and embarrasing rednecks such as yourself. Best of both worlds.

Again, turbo lag is a myth perpetuated by people who dont comprehend the idea of "downshifting".
Old 03-20-2006, 03:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by XakEp
First car was a 1971 Impalla. I've owned several V8s since then, and currently own a 1973 Duster with a not so stock 318 under the hood and a Dana-60 in the rear.

I know what both cars can do, and enjoy each of them for what they are. The Duster for down low torque from hell, and the DSM for ripping through turns and embarrasing rednecks such as yourself. Best of both worlds.

Again, turbo lag is a myth perpetuated by people who dont comprehend the idea of "downshifting".

Old 03-20-2006, 04:24 PM
Banned

Oh please - you can do better than that.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You honestly think you are emarrassing any one when you fly by a F-Body in your riced out DSM?? I guarentee the people in the F-Body (such as myself) would be laughing their asses off at you trying to showoff in your little piece of ****. Its even funnier when they come around the next turn and there you are sitting in a dirt embankment after taking the turn too fast in your ricer

Turbo lag is a "myth"?? Are you completely lost in your own little world or just plain retarded?? How the hell can you downshift when you're already in 1st gear genious?? Nobody does a 5K clutch drop at every traffic light to get the car going, therefore you are going to have to deal with turbo lag
Old 03-21-2006, 08:58 AM
Banned

I deal with turbo lag by putting a 4g64 in my car. Voila - spool starts just off idle and full spool around 4k rpms. And you dont have to drop the clutch at 5k to get anywhere, creative use of the clutch will spool the turbo as well.

As for a riced out DSM - not one sticker or unoriginal body panel on the car. Factory paint and stock glass. 600HP 4 banger with no exterior signs of being modified? I call that a sleeper, as many a Camaro owner around here has found out. Yeah, that lumpy idle is a vacuum leak, wanna race?

Old 03-21-2006, 11:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
The only comical thing here is how you assume I don't know anything about boosted 4 bangers just because I prefer V8s. I know a good deal about them and have ridden in plenty examples, and I can't say I've ever actually been greatly impressed. What good is all that power on the street when you can't drive through town without stalling or bogging due to lack of torque and tons of turbo lag?? Sorry but thats just plain useless to me.

Im not your "son"

Im not assuming anything. From what youve said in youre responses youve shown you know nothing.

Stalling and bogging due to lack of torque and turbo lag What the hell are you talking about. Way off-base, definitely hilarious though.

Yes Ive driven plenty of V8s, I almost got a 2002 Z06 in fact, and I loved it, but the $/insurance was just a little too much. You keep going back to this, making boost at xxRPM. Like I said before, get your head out of your *** and realize these cars dont redline at 6000. Its 7500 stock and with larger turbos 8000-8500. We dont sit or drive around at 1500-2000rpm. We dont have to. Do you race from 2000rpm? I dont.

I dont have 500whp but Im close to 400 on the stock turbo with instant spool. After my Alcohol kit goes in I should be around the 410whp mark and instant spool. What a drag Funny I should have more torque than most V8s with the whp level too
Old 03-21-2006, 01:01 PM
TECH Junkie

I agree DSMs do a very damn good job of making rednecks think twice, and DSMs were built in NORMAL,IL the 4G63 is the most import thing on it.

If you want to rip on DSMs then let it be 95-99 since those sufferd crank walk, and its Very" rare to get it. Other wise 90-94 has a monster of a 4cyc motor one of the best ever made.

So tech were not imports rather sport compacts......Well half imports and half american built....
Old 03-21-2006, 01:08 PM
TECH Junkie

1st of all if you have a decent sized turbo, all you do is down shift and go into your power band, if you every drover a turbo car if your life you would understand this.

DSMs are the farthest things from rice, Hell the biggest mod that is done is new nice paint and a set of wheels.

There is a BIG diff between a DSM owner and a Eclipse owner, DSM people follow a cult and are more agaisnt rice than any american car owner can be...

Look at there forums, you pretty much get thrown out for having a bodykit, Die HARD DSM people are clean and move out.

Dont let some reg rice boys who buy the cars confuse you......

On a side note, QUICKZO6 owns a ZO6 and a EVO so I think he knows what hes talking about since you have never been in both cars by the way you talk.

I own a talon awd and a LT1 transam, my DSM will walk and make my TA look slower than a civic.......Get your facts straight, DSMs are not hondas so do not compare them. and they make TQ way more than a honda can make so dont go there either...
Old 03-21-2006, 01:14 PM
Launching!

I deal with turbo lag by putting a 4g64 in my car. Voila - spool starts just off idle and full spool around 4k rpms. And you dont have to drop the clutch at 5k to get anywhere, creative use of the clutch will spool the turbo as well.

As for a riced out DSM - not one sticker or unoriginal body panel on the car. Factory paint and stock glass. 600HP 4 banger with no exterior signs of being modified? I call that a sleeper, as many a Camaro owner around here has found out. Yeah, that lumpy idle is a vacuum leak, wanna race?

This guy has a DSM oh my... I can't believe it...

and all the **** talking he does I was hoping he owned atleast some car that couldn't be had for 1200 bucks and a can of Soda pop. No DSM owner should ever talk **** on these boards. a 600hp DSM with a 2.9 0-60 and no turbo lag oh man... that made my day... I bet you own a laser or something too.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Um a 2.4 or 2.3 car with a matched turbo will spool very very fast, and there are alot of 600hp DSMs......I dont understand why people on here are so dumb?!
Old 03-21-2006, 01:29 PM
TECH Junkie

You know boltons with a stock turbo dsm will run in the 13s, and last time I checked DSMs have run faster than a LT1 based car.

So arent LT1s stuck in the 8s? DSMs have hit high 7s and a good amount are in low 8s////

There are 4G63 powerd cars in the 6s and RWD at that point, I know those arent street cars anymore but im just stating how good the motor is...
Old 03-21-2006, 01:40 PM
Launching!

And jsut were are they? There are an abundance of 600hp magical 9sec cars o nthe itnernet... but just where are they? hell even at the track a 600hp car is a rareity.

Aitn no such thing as a 600hp 4cilinder that has no lag and doesn't break.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Heatmaker
And jsut were are they? There are an abundance of 600hp magical 9sec cars o nthe itnernet... but just where are they? hell even at the track a 600hp car is a rareity.

Aitn no such thing as a 600hp 4cilinder that has no lag and doesn't break.

Most I have seen are in the mid west, but there are a few here in AZ and I know of a few more in So Cal. If you want to go to Norwalk in August the track will be rented for the DSM Shootout. It will be full of cars from stock to Shep. What does this prove now that you know there location? It doesn't make your comments or the single minded views of some members on this board any less ignorant.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:51 PM
TECH Junkie

I never said they had no lag, I said "fast spool"

Every turbo car has lag, now do you what ANTILAG is?

Might want to research that, big turbo guys run that with a 2step and there is Zero Lag but lets not get into that.

Say you have a turbo match with a 2.4- 2.3 setup theres not going to be alot of lag, honestly its not that bad at all. Most people with FBODYs that drive a High power turbo car end up doing a turbo setup on there cars the power just keeps pulling.

And a V8 is more than enough to spool up anything.....

Quick Reply: Just raced a fast EVO8