Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Just raced a fast EVO8

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 07:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TopendLt1
I could build 3 LT1 cars, smoke them both(STI./EVO) 0-170 miles per hour, anytime, anywhere at any speed, and have money left over to rent out a bar for a night with a Keg of beer, buy tons of weed, an 8 ball and 3 hookers.

oops, did i say that out loud.....

Now thats what I call performance
I think with that kinnda cash you could only get two hookers.....Unless you really stretch it and get a toothless one..
Old 03-21-2006, 08:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good race,havent gotten to race one yet. there was one who wanted to race me but the thing was camming out and sounded nasty and i had a bad feeling about the road, luckily we didnt go cause a cop was coming the other way. theyre is a kid with a STI by my house who i wanna punch in the face and shove his BOV down his throat, everytime i am outside my house cleaning my car or doing something he drives by and makes his damn car sneaze at me i hope to run into him.. He got alot of crap done to his car and mine is stock so we see what happens when i run into him
Old 03-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Launching!

Evo VIII RS MSRP is about 28K

And for that you could make a trio of Physco DSMs and loose them to the DEA as well.
The whole I could do this on that amount of money is totaly pointless in comparing new cars to cars that have not been in production for damn near a decade. Inflation anyone?

And then some guy could take a 5.0 he got from a truck for $50 and strap it to a 1G RX7 that he found in a ditch with a Ranger 8.8 rear end and brakets he fabbed himself and spend the rest on mods and whomp the living crap out of all of us. Its endless.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NIevo
Honestly people need to quit talking about cars they know nothing about because it make them look really stupid.

I'll just use Evo's as an example as its what I know.

You will not "stall" or "bog" taking off from idle under nomal driving. I hit full boost by 3500rpm so there also is no need for "6000+rpm launches".
You just totally conradicted yourself there. First you say your car doesn't "Bog or stall" under normal driving - then you say how the turbo doesn't hit full boost until 3500RPM. So anywhere between idle and 3500RPM there is going to be turbo lag, i.e. not any useable power. I don't know about you, but I'd rather not drive through town like a jackass turning high RPM's just so I can keep the stupid turbo on the boost

Most Evo's unless they are 500+whp have an equal amount of torque as horsepower if tuned properly. So tell me again whats wrong with a 4cylinder with 400hp and 400ft-lb torque?
What "wrong" with it is that it doesn't make its power linearly. Its got nothing down low, and then halfway through the rev range the boost kicks in and it goes like hell. Its just not a practical setup for a daily driver.

My car while running low 12's still gets 25+mpg. What does your car get again?
Yea, sure your car gets 25MPG. BULLSHIT. Evo's don't even get 25MPG stock, on the damn highway. And the more boost you add the more fuel you need, so fuel economy goes down. Most Evo owners I've talked to say they get an average of about 17MPG. LS1's get about 18 around town, and almost 30MPH on the highway. Stick that in your rice pipe and smoke it.

Turbo'd and small displacement motors are geared differently than V8's for a reason, they make very good use of there powerband. I usually am driving at 2000-2500rpm and trust me when I get on it there is no "lag". It spools so fast you don't even notice the 1000rpm's in between. Im not saying that every turbo motor is the same and yes, some of the big turbo Supra's etc. dont hit full boost until much higher in the rpm range so there is alittle lag but they have ways around the lag.
Obviously you don't understand. Small displacement motors are geared lower because they lack anything resembling low end power/torque. So they need short gears to get off the line and keep the engine in the boost. I love how all the turbo 4-banger owners claim they get "instant boost", what a load of ****, the car doesn't go anywhere until the turbo fully spools and starts actually boosting. When you are off the boost, its like any other low power/low torque gutless 2.0 4-cylinder

I also agree with the "lock this thread" mentions!
Then stop contributing with your ricer bullshit.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:21 PM
Teching In

are you even serious or are you trying to be a tool on purpose? I think your just some 16yr old who just got their license and mommy and daddy had enough clams to buy them a brand new F-body, afterwords which you got spanked by some ****** in a riced out civic, so you have to let your "E fury" be known to the world. No one can be this obtuse. Its funny how he has to use the word "ricer" at least one time every post.

If your going to play the dollars game, I could build several 10 second dsms for the price of a used F-body. For budget speed a DSM is hard to beat unless you find a cheap 5.0 Fox body.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
What "wrong" with it is that it doesn't make its power linearly. Its got nothing down low, and then halfway through the rev range the boost kicks in and it goes like hell. Its just not a practical setup for a daily driver.
Since when do you need full boost to go to the grocery store?
Old 03-21-2006, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

just take a small american car like a chevy vega stick a neutral engine in it like a rolls royce v-12 make it all wheel drive and maybe everyone can be happy!!!!!!!!
Old 03-21-2006, 10:11 PM
Teching In

That would never work, because its an AWD and everyone knows an AWD non LS1 wouldn't make any power off the line because AWD is d3h m@d suckz0rs!!!!111
Old 03-21-2006, 10:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slick1851
What the **** is your problem??

DSMs have been around forever and there is a HUGE following and are very focused on performance.

The ones that are rotting are high mile peices of **** that no one wants

First of all if your going to make fun of a car know somthing about it, so what about your LT1 if you want to get started on BASHING cars..........Im sure the LS1 guys would have a feild day with that one.
**** you, did you honestly compare an LT1's 8sec all motor run to a DSM's 8 secTurbo run? Some posts above are you serious?

"So arent LT1s stuck in the 8s? DSMs have hit high 7s and a good amount are in low 8s"

Just where the hell are these 7 and 8 sec DSM cars I want to see them! post some pics, links, and setups! already!

As for my Lt1 It has a very nice mod lists, and no maybe on the net some of the LS1 guys in here can talk ****, but in reality I have yet to loose to an Ls1. Because they came from the factory with 25hp more doesn't guarantee them the win. How can someone honestly loose to the same car? maybe stock for stock yes moded for moded... not happening.

Last edited by Heatmaker; 03-21-2006 at 10:38 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by XakEp
Heh.. I dont DROP the clutch. Thats a good way to end up with transmission soup. I step off the clutch and match the revs.

Tell you what - when the season starts back up again I'll take a video of my car launching at 6k rpms and we'll see what happens. Oh, as to how the car can take it? There isnt a whole lot left in the engine bay thats stock. Maybe some of the wiring harness and the bellhousing...

Here's my mod list, just for your own edification.

70% of your mod list was clicks and whistles. Your just naming parts like Boost controller,BOx, intercooler, etc nothing that wold make a difference... who cares. WHy don't you post some believeable technical data. Not some out of the import mag bullshit.

I honestly can tell you I don't know why people with slow cars liek to go around bragging about mod lists. Hardly anybody that's worth racing or has a fast car actually goes around reavaling what thier mods are.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

xaxep and heatmaker, seriously you 2 are filling up the street racing/kill forums with alot of BS its making both of you seem like lil kids just grow up and end it with a disargeement, ****.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GMmexican
xaxep and heatmaker, seriously you 2 are filling up the street racing/kill forums with alot of BS its making both of you seem like lil kids just grow up and end it with a disargeement, ****.

give me a break... you write a post about beating an import and next thing you know you have 4 ricers and 1 LT1 ricer jumping all over your threads telleing you about cars theat no one is interested in. I don't go on thier rice boards battling thier fantasy stories about smoking Gto's in 125hp Civics.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Heatmaker
give me a break... you write a post about beating an import and next thing you know you have 4 ricers and 1 LT1 ricer jumping all over your threads telleing you about cars theat no one is interested in. I don't go on thier rice boards battling thier fantasy stories about smoking Gto's in 125hp Civics.
yeah i know what you mean, but dont give the tools more ammo just let it go
Old 03-21-2006, 10:36 PM
Teching In

Heres one for you 7 second E/T.

John Shepard
http://www.shepracing.com/

And if you knew anything about cars, you would know that intercoolers and boost controllers DO make a difference. Oh I'm sorry, it doesn't matter because its not in an F-body, my bad. All Hail the F-Body!!

Wait heres another one...

Sean Glazar
http://www.extrememotorsports.com/talon.htm

Brent Rau
http://www.advancedclutch.com/news2.asp

Last edited by 92TSiAWD; 03-21-2006 at 10:42 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 92TSiAWD

And if you knew anything about cars, you would know that intercoolers and boost controllers DO make a difference. Oh I'm sorry, it doesn't matter because its not in an F-body, my bad. All Hail the F-Body!!
dude what are you doing?........that doesnt mean anything, all your gonna see is a bunch of other links to faster v-8s and vicer versa
Old 03-21-2006, 10:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 92TSiAWD

I've seen mighty slow cars with Big Intercoolers and extra loud BOv's... so it would take more than naming parts to make them worthy.

That's a pretty fast car, but I mean it's not like you'll see a guy driving around in the street with a Parachute hanging off his rear deck. like I said beofore it's a rareity.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:44 PM
Teching In

Just where the hell are these 7 and 8 sec DSM cars I want to see them! post some pics, links, and setups! already!
He needed some "persuasion"

And untill he switched his setup to methanol injection his car was street legal.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:46 PM
Launching!

All I want to see from you ricers is a link to the fastest N/A run from one of your cars! No Turbo, No Boost, Nothing. Not even N20.

And silence filled the room.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:48 PM
Teching In

I've seen mighty slow cars with Big Intercoolers and extra loud BOv's... so it would take more than naming parts to make them worthy.
I agree, parts don't substitute for a good driver. I've seen vipers run high 14's, evos run high 16's and plenty of V-8s run POS numbers just as much as any car. And seeing a John Shepardesque car is no more rare than finding a big 7 sec LS1 that passes emissions for the street.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:56 PM
Teching In

All I want to see from you ricers is a link to the fastest N/A run from one of your cars! No Turbo, No Boost, Nothing. Not even N20.

And silence filled the room.
And this is an even comparison how? Pull 4 spark plugs and you have a deal. Hell that kind of comparison is the same the N/A civics make when they get their doors blown off because all they have is a K&N and an RS akimoto dc gspec JDM mega ultra flow intake. "But you have a power adder!!!!" thats a ricer argument.

Quick Reply: Just raced a fast EVO8